Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Mobland

Mobland

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
4 Posts 4 Posters 456 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 5k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #1

    This is a relatively new series on Paramount+ starring Tom Hardy, Pierce Brosnan and Helen Mirren, and they’re in a mob family. I generally like “mob stuff” so l figured l’d give it a go.

    Brosnan and Mirren play the heads of the family, and their children (which includes at least one bastard) are in the family business to varying degrees. 

    Hardy plays the lead, and he’s actually not in the family, but he’s one of the brother’s best friends and sort of turned in to an adopted son, and he’s basically the fixer for the family. 

    I’ve watched the 6 out of 10 episodes that have been released so far and it’s plum awful. Hardy does a good job as the lead, but pretty much every other character is static, uninteresting and singularly driven. The writing and the plot isn’t much help, it’s pretty generic.

    I thought it might be interesting because they’re sorta like the Irish mob living in London, so it’s sort of an English twist to a mob story. Ultimately that just makes this show a bigger pain in the ass because it’s tough to understand those UKers and l put on subtitles. Also, something about Brosnan’s accent and the way he delivers his lines really bugs me in this show. 

    I might stick it out for the season but so far it has been very disappointing. Grade D-.

    1 Reply Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 7k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
      #2

      I honestly have no idea if i have paramount or not. If i do ill check it out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ever watch the movie copland ?

      nickersN W 2 Replies Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • sydS syd

        I honestly have no idea if i have paramount or not. If i do ill check it out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ever watch the movie copland ?

        nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 14k Posts
        • 5k Reputation
        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
        #3

        @syd said:

        I honestly have no idea if i have paramount or not. If i do ill check it out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ever watch the movie copland ?

        I honestly believe that was Sly's best movie... Not a part I would expect from him... But he did pretty well... I'd love to his take on writing a western flick... I like Slys films because they have a sense of nostalgia in them.. Especially the Pauli character in the Rocky Franchise.. Burt Young played it to a tee.. It was old style acting that I think really helped propel the saga...

        I also have Paramount plus... Tulsa King is awesome and I think Stallones finest work to date.. Shades of the Sopranos and Breaking Bad but with a tasteful performance and script... Neal McDonough is badass in it..

        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • sydS syd

          I honestly have no idea if i have paramount or not. If i do ill check it out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ever watch the movie copland ?

          Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
          • 39k Posts
          • 9k Reputation
          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @syd said:

          I honestly have no idea if i have paramount or not. If i do ill check it out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ever watch the movie copland ?

          Yes. Possibly the biggest a lister at the time was Stallone. He worked for union scale, just to be included with the other standout mob-related actress.

          Kudos for using Janean Garafalo before she went entirely off the rails.

          WSS

          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Theme
          • System
          • Light
          • Dark
          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Forums
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Donate