Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Fuck You Ford!!!!!!

Fuck You Ford!!!!!!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
25 Posts 13 Posters 527 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
    • 14k Posts
    • 5k Reputation
    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Cabot.jpg

    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 9k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
      #2

      That's why I have a Chevy.

      In reality, I think the room could hold one more RB.  Of course Pierre Strong needs to go.

      BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
      nickersN AxeA 2 Replies Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • OrionO Orion

        That's why I have a Chevy.

        In reality, I think the room could hold one more RB.  Of course Pierre Strong needs to go.

        nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 14k Posts
        • 5k Reputation
        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
        #3

        @orion said:

        That's why I have a Chevy.

        In reality, I think the room could hold one more RB.  Of course Pierre Strong needs to go.

        i'll take a ford over a POS Chevy any day of the week... Chevys engines compare nowhere to the power of Fords F-250 engines... Chevy is basically reject GM garbage...

        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
        tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • nickersN nickers

          @orion said:

          That's why I have a Chevy.

          In reality, I think the room could hold one more RB.  Of course Pierre Strong needs to go.

          i'll take a ford over a POS Chevy any day of the week... Chevys engines compare nowhere to the power of Fords F-250 engines... Chevy is basically reject GM garbage...

          tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
          • 13k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
          #4

          @nickers said:

          i'll take a ford over a POS Chevy any day of the week... Chevys engines compare nowhere to the power of Fords F-250 engines... Chevy is basically reject GM garbage...

          Those 3.5 ecos are trash (all of them are)  and the 6x power-strokes have their issues.   

          I'll take the LBZ any day of the week. 

          Ford isn't what it used to be.   Don't get me started on their mid or full sized cars either. Not saying GM is without sin lately (the issues with the factory tranny fluid in their 8speed autos and GM not wanting to take responsibility, I dodged a bullet with mine) 

          Edit:  Chevy electrical sucks royal dick though. Ford wins big time there. 

          Edit: as for Ford on the field...  The man took a pay cut. No ill will towards him. The Brownies should have had the courage to cut him and use the money towards a 1 year deal with Chubb, but I'm not a salary cap nerd.    Ford is still the #1 RB by default, but like I said week 3, he'd be replaced this off-season, which he essentially has been by cheaper and better talent.  

          We're all hoping we see Chubb just run the rock one more time for the Browns, that's all.  

          OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 9k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I don't blame Ford.  He has to look out for his job, not Chubbs job.

            If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • tiamat63T tiamat63

              @nickers said:

              i'll take a ford over a POS Chevy any day of the week... Chevys engines compare nowhere to the power of Fords F-250 engines... Chevy is basically reject GM garbage...

              Those 3.5 ecos are trash (all of them are)  and the 6x power-strokes have their issues.   

              I'll take the LBZ any day of the week. 

              Ford isn't what it used to be.   Don't get me started on their mid or full sized cars either. Not saying GM is without sin lately (the issues with the factory tranny fluid in their 8speed autos and GM not wanting to take responsibility, I dodged a bullet with mine) 

              Edit:  Chevy electrical sucks royal dick though. Ford wins big time there. 

              Edit: as for Ford on the field...  The man took a pay cut. No ill will towards him. The Brownies should have had the courage to cut him and use the money towards a 1 year deal with Chubb, but I'm not a salary cap nerd.    Ford is still the #1 RB by default, but like I said week 3, he'd be replaced this off-season, which he essentially has been by cheaper and better talent.  

              We're all hoping we see Chubb just run the rock one more time for the Browns, that's all.  

              Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 9k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
              #6

              @tiamat63 said:

              Edit:  Chevy electrical sucks royal dick though.

              Yeah, the wire harness connectors going through the doors and into the dash are faulty in my vette.  The wires on the door side harness are stripped too far.  Bare wire extends outside of the harness.  When it jiggles around and makes contact with something it shuts off my abs and traction control.  I fixed one side many years ago...but I don't remember which side.  I remember it as being kind of an awkward PITA. ?  I always used to have Camaros when I was young (used to varying degrees).

              @ballpeen said:

              I don't blame Ford.  He has to look out for his job, not Chubbs job.

              Of course.  

              There IS this other guy that they signed after the draft.  Ahmani Marshall.  Looks good getting off the bus.  6'2  225.   He only averaged 65 yards in 11 games this season...but he had over 100 yards in each of his final 5 games.  With only a 29 yard longest  run.

              BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
              ballpeenB tiamat63T 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • OrionO Orion

                @tiamat63 said:

                Edit:  Chevy electrical sucks royal dick though.

                Yeah, the wire harness connectors going through the doors and into the dash are faulty in my vette.  The wires on the door side harness are stripped too far.  Bare wire extends outside of the harness.  When it jiggles around and makes contact with something it shuts off my abs and traction control.  I fixed one side many years ago...but I don't remember which side.  I remember it as being kind of an awkward PITA. ?  I always used to have Camaros when I was young (used to varying degrees).

                @ballpeen said:

                I don't blame Ford.  He has to look out for his job, not Chubbs job.

                Of course.  

                There IS this other guy that they signed after the draft.  Ahmani Marshall.  Looks good getting off the bus.  6'2  225.   He only averaged 65 yards in 11 games this season...but he had over 100 yards in each of his final 5 games.  With only a 29 yard longest  run.

                ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 9k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @orion said:

                Yeah, the wire harness connectors going through the doors and into the dash are faulty in my vette.  The wires on the door side harness are stripped too far.  Bare wire extends outside of the harness.  When it jiggles around and makes contact with something it shuts off my abs and traction control.  I fixed one side many years ago...but I don't remember which side.  I remember it as being kind of an awkward PITA. ?  I always used to have Camaros when I was young (used to varying degrees).

                Of course.  

                There IS this other guy that they signed after the draft.  Ahmani Marshall.  Looks good getting off the bus.  6'2  225.   He only averaged 65 yards in 11 games this season...but he had over 100 yards in each of his final 5 games.  With only a 29 yard longest  run.

                I think he played at App St.  Sounds like the stats don't tell the story.  The first stat of 65 yd avg. per game make it sound like WTF?  The second stat of 100 per game over the last 5 make it sound like he is pretty solid. Opportunity is the driving force in that, especially since he isn't break away run dependent.

                I would rather take the guy who churns out 4-10 yard runs on a consistent basis over the guy who stumbles around with a bunch of no gains before breaking away for 70 yards, especially given the role he will play.

                The coach isn't putting the guy in the game hoping this is the time he breaks a long run.  He is going in on 3rd and 3 and we want 3 yards and the nose of the football.

                If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                ❤
                Quote Reply
                • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 9k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  In looking at the numbers, Ford's vet minimum is 1.1 million something for 4 year's service.  With the glut of young backs to enter the league it was probably take the offer we made or get cut and take your chances on the open market.

                  Pretty easy decision for Ford.

                  If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                  nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • ballpeenB ballpeen

                    In looking at the numbers, Ford's vet minimum is 1.1 million something for 4 year's service.  With the glut of young backs to enter the league it was probably take the offer we made or get cut and take your chances on the open market.

                    Pretty easy decision for Ford.

                    nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                    • 14k Posts
                    • 5k Reputation
                    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
                    #9

                    @ballpeen said:

                    In looking at the numbers, Ford's vet minimum is 1.1 million something for 4 year's service.  With the glut of young backs to enter the league it was probably take the offer we made or get cut and take your chances on the open market.

                    Pretty easy decision for Ford.

                    Just another one of Berry's underwhelming draft picks he can't let go of...  Let's not forget... Chubb was a Dorsey pick.. Berry.. Thus far... Has not drafted 1 single impact player...

                    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 7k Posts
                      • 3k Reputation
                      sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      no fuck the squeelers, I was gonna show the hit but i dont think anyone wants to  re live that

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 15k Posts
                        • 8k Reputation
                        Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Anyone happen to know how many yards per carry Ford averaged last season? 
                         

                        He’s at least a good third down back next year. 

                        sydS FlugelF 2 Replies Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                          Anyone happen to know how many yards per carry Ford averaged last season? 
                           

                          He’s at least a good third down back next year. 

                          syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 7k Posts
                          • 3k Reputation
                          sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @dutch-oven said:

                          Anyone happen to know how many yards per carry Ford averaged last season? 
                           

                          He’s at least a good third down back next year. 

                          he usually broke off one good run that inflated his ypc, I think it was around 2.5 per rush 

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 7k Posts
                            • 3k Reputation
                            sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            If Bears don't sign Nick Chubb they might need to stop him

                            www.si.com1h
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Jax JaxJ One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter One Month Later Reacting Well Collaborator Week One Done Dedicated First Post
                              • 6k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Chubb was definitely fun to watch and a perfect player to have on the team.

                              I hate to think of him playing anywhere else.

                              FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 23k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I'm not sure why Ford's signing for less money has anything to do with retaining Chubb. But the only reason I would keep Ford over Chubb is if I knew definitively that Chubb's career is now over medically. Ford had no vision and either of the two rookies coming in will be better. So I don't blame Ford for taking less money, because otherwise he's unemployed. NFL teams know what they see and don't see in Ford IMO.\

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 9k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Another thought on this.

                                  Could Ford have saved Chubb in Cleveland?

                                  Possibly the money saved on Fords contract can now be applied to one for Chubb. Does anyone know for certain we haven't offered Chubb a deal and he isn't the one balking, looking for more money?

                                  If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                  Bob806B 1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                    Another thought on this.

                                    Could Ford have saved Chubb in Cleveland?

                                    Possibly the money saved on Fords contract can now be applied to one for Chubb. Does anyone know for certain we haven't offered Chubb a deal and he isn't the one balking, looking for more money?

                                    Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 5k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @ballpeen said:

                                    Another thought on this.

                                    Could Ford have saved Chubb in Cleveland?

                                    Possibly the money saved on Fords contract can now be applied to one for Chubb. Does anyone know for certain we haven't offered Chubb a deal and he isn't the one balking, looking for more money?

                                    That's one thing the Browns do well nowadays, basically no leaks from the building. 

                                    Karlis Missed
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                      @orion said:

                                      Yeah, the wire harness connectors going through the doors and into the dash are faulty in my vette.  The wires on the door side harness are stripped too far.  Bare wire extends outside of the harness.  When it jiggles around and makes contact with something it shuts off my abs and traction control.  I fixed one side many years ago...but I don't remember which side.  I remember it as being kind of an awkward PITA. ?  I always used to have Camaros when I was young (used to varying degrees).

                                      Of course.  

                                      There IS this other guy that they signed after the draft.  Ahmani Marshall.  Looks good getting off the bus.  6'2  225.   He only averaged 65 yards in 11 games this season...but he had over 100 yards in each of his final 5 games.  With only a 29 yard longest  run.

                                      I think he played at App St.  Sounds like the stats don't tell the story.  The first stat of 65 yd avg. per game make it sound like WTF?  The second stat of 100 per game over the last 5 make it sound like he is pretty solid. Opportunity is the driving force in that, especially since he isn't break away run dependent.

                                      I would rather take the guy who churns out 4-10 yard runs on a consistent basis over the guy who stumbles around with a bunch of no gains before breaking away for 70 yards, especially given the role he will play.

                                      The coach isn't putting the guy in the game hoping this is the time he breaks a long run.  He is going in on 3rd and 3 and we want 3 yards and the nose of the football.

                                      Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 11k Posts
                                      • 6k Reputation
                                      FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
                                      #18

                                      @ballpeen said:

                                      I think he played at App St. 

                                      Believe it or not - these are Jerome Ford's college football stats below. 

                                      So is this REALLY the way the Browns are announcing to the NFL that Nick Chubb just isn't worth it to them any longer?  They're doing this through Mary Kay Cabot's article about Jerome Ford needing to take a pay cut as their excuse?  You can't define "Chicken shit" any better than that folks.  That's enough for them to deny Nick Chubb an opportunity to come prove himself all over again while they currently need to have 5 QBs on the roster?  This is a very quiet guy that led by example during the season and via his off-season strength and conditioning to the extent the overwhelming consensus of his teammates and a multiplicity of fans considered him the heart and soul of the Browns.  Then again, what would Jimmy Haslam know about about a soul? 

                                      image.png

                                      I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • OrionO Orion

                                        That's why I have a Chevy.

                                        In reality, I think the room could hold one more RB.  Of course Pierre Strong needs to go.

                                        Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 10k Posts
                                        • 8k Reputation
                                        AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @orion said:

                                        That's why I have a Chevy.

                                        In reality, I think the room could hold one more RB.  Of course Pierre Strong needs to go.

                                        I had a dog once that I named "Ford"

                                        I named him Ford to be sure he never left the yard 😉

                                        Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        😂
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • OrionO Orion

                                          @tiamat63 said:

                                          Edit:  Chevy electrical sucks royal dick though.

                                          Yeah, the wire harness connectors going through the doors and into the dash are faulty in my vette.  The wires on the door side harness are stripped too far.  Bare wire extends outside of the harness.  When it jiggles around and makes contact with something it shuts off my abs and traction control.  I fixed one side many years ago...but I don't remember which side.  I remember it as being kind of an awkward PITA. ?  I always used to have Camaros when I was young (used to varying degrees).

                                          @ballpeen said:

                                          I don't blame Ford.  He has to look out for his job, not Chubbs job.

                                          Of course.  

                                          There IS this other guy that they signed after the draft.  Ahmani Marshall.  Looks good getting off the bus.  6'2  225.   He only averaged 65 yards in 11 games this season...but he had over 100 yards in each of his final 5 games.  With only a 29 yard longest  run.

                                          tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                          • 13k Posts
                                          • 5k Reputation
                                          tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @orion said:

                                          Yeah, the wire harness connectors going through the doors and into the dash are faulty in my vette.  The wires on the door side harness are stripped too far.  Bare wire extends outside of the harness.  When it jiggles around and makes contact with something it shuts off my abs and traction control.  I fixed one side many years ago...but I don't remember which side.  I remember it as being kind of an awkward PITA. ?  I always used to have Camaros when I was young (used to varying degrees).

                                          Of course.  

                                          There IS this other guy that they signed after the draft.  Ahmani Marshall.  Looks good getting off the bus.  6'2  225.   He only averaged 65 yards in 11 games this season...but he had over 100 yards in each of his final 5 games.  With only a 29 yard longest  run.

                                          What year vette?  To my understanding, The Vettes haven't been worth the price tag since the early 90s. 

                                          OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate