Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Left right curiosity

Left right curiosity

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
16 Posts 11 Posters 328 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1E6TjvcueK/

    I just wondered, for those of you guys are the hard left or even the soft left, are there actually pundits who are reasonable? At least most of the time?

    Ben shapiro tucker carlson bill o'reilly all seem like pretty smart guys and don't often disagree too far from the way I see things.

    Rachel maddow, chris matthews, lawrence o'donnell, whoopi goldberg, et cetera et cetera, really seem over the top in the field of lunacy.

    Is there anybody in the democrat party, or even just anti write wang, who is center left? Not just rabid trump haters? I used to think that Joe Scarborough was one, but it seems that MSNBC has set him down in a corner, had told him at that middle of the road shit doesn't support the brand.

    WSS

    Has gone too farrodosw

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    nickersN MLD WoodyM 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • W Westside Steve

      https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1E6TjvcueK/

      I just wondered, for those of you guys are the hard left or even the soft left, are there actually pundits who are reasonable? At least most of the time?

      Ben shapiro tucker carlson bill o'reilly all seem like pretty smart guys and don't often disagree too far from the way I see things.

      Rachel maddow, chris matthews, lawrence o'donnell, whoopi goldberg, et cetera et cetera, really seem over the top in the field of lunacy.

      Is there anybody in the democrat party, or even just anti write wang, who is center left? Not just rabid trump haters? I used to think that Joe Scarborough was one, but it seems that MSNBC has set him down in a corner, had told him at that middle of the road shit doesn't support the brand.

      WSS

      Has gone too farrodosw

      nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 14k Posts
      • 5k Reputation
      nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @westside-steve said:

      https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1E6TjvcueK/

      I just wondered, for those of you guys are the hard left or even the soft left, are there actually pundits who are reasonable? At least most of the time?

      Ben shapiro tucker carlson bill o'reilly all seem like pretty smart guys and don't often disagree too far from the way I see things.

      Rachel maddow, chris matthews, lawrence o'donnell, whoopi goldberg, et cetera et cetera, really seem over the top in the field of lunacy.

      Is there anybody in the democrat party, or even just anti write wang, who is center left? Not just rabid trump haters? I used to think that Joe Scarborough was one, but it seems that MSNBC has set him down in a corner, had told him at that middle of the road shit doesn't support the brand.

      WSS

      Has gone too farrodosw

      Joe just seems to follow whatever script him and Mika are given...

      Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
      1 Reply Last reply
      šŸ‘
      Quote Reply
      • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 5k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by Ibleedbrown
        #3

        I have more familiarity with the right wing people you mentioned than the left wing people.Ā 

        Maybe not Shapiro, though the clip you posted seems fine. I’m more familiar with Carlson’s Fox News days, and l got the impression his directive was to be as inflammatory as possible back then. I’m not sure it was a genuine reflection of him professionally, there was a degree of following marching orders and he was good at it. O’Reilly is a crotchety old guy who l like the best out of the group.Ā 

        I don’t really consume much leftwing media. I know Whoopie from the Color Purple and she plays mother Abigail on the remake of The Stand. Those are big shoes to fill on the latter. The most powerful moment from the 90s version is when her character literally says ā€œStand.ā€

        I admittedly am a sponsor of my local PBS station, though that has more to do with the program Antiques Roadshow than me loving PBS. If it has become an entity that turns off a large segment of the population due to its political viewpoints, then by all means it’s time to reform it.Ā 

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          reasonable? means he/she has some credibility left

          Glen greenwald is a journalist who probably had a job with some media outlet is now like all others competing for clicks with independent coverage and podcasts.Ā 

          I remember him coming out againstĀ  theĀ  covid vax mandates andĀ  social media censorship going on at twitter.

          This was odd because the guy is steeped in the left wing news business.Ā  Here is someone who either found an niche missing amongst his bat shit crazy

          professional (distant) colleagues atĀ msnbc cnn etc PLUS maybe making a ditch for the right side?Ā Ā 

          Well no, hes back to his normal self these days criticising support for Israel, and unintentionally propping up the sympathy for the so called down troddenĀ 

          activst groups including Palistian / Hamas protest leadership on campuses as well as the "illegal" deportations of criminal NON citizens.

          Ive often said here on other threads that journalists once employed at big (LW) media, and have either left or been fired, like Lara Logan, Sheryl Atkisson andĀ 

          recently Catherine HerridgeĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā WHY?

          because they dared to investigate / report news that was not "allowed"

          there is a group of LW journos like Greenwald in the apparatus to playing the field because like the newspapers of this country,

          TV news is dying.Ā  good riddanceĀ 

          1 Reply Last reply
          šŸ‘
          Quote Reply
          • W Westside Steve

            https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1E6TjvcueK/

            I just wondered, for those of you guys are the hard left or even the soft left, are there actually pundits who are reasonable? At least most of the time?

            Ben shapiro tucker carlson bill o'reilly all seem like pretty smart guys and don't often disagree too far from the way I see things.

            Rachel maddow, chris matthews, lawrence o'donnell, whoopi goldberg, et cetera et cetera, really seem over the top in the field of lunacy.

            Is there anybody in the democrat party, or even just anti write wang, who is center left? Not just rabid trump haters? I used to think that Joe Scarborough was one, but it seems that MSNBC has set him down in a corner, had told him at that middle of the road shit doesn't support the brand.

            WSS

            Has gone too farrodosw

            MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
            • 33k Posts
            • 3k Reputation
            MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @westside-steve said:

            https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1E6TjvcueK/

            I just wondered, for those of you guys are the hard left or even the soft left, are there actually pundits who are reasonable? At least most of the time?

            Ben shapiro tucker carlson bill o'reilly all seem like pretty smart guys and don't often disagree too far from the way I see things.

            Rachel maddow, chris matthews, lawrence o'donnell, whoopi goldberg, et cetera et cetera, really seem over the top in the field of lunacy.

            Is there anybody in the democrat party, or even just anti write wang, who is center left? Not just rabid trump haters? I used to think that Joe Scarborough was one, but it seems that MSNBC has set him down in a corner, had told him at that middle of the road shit doesn't support the brand.

            WSS

            Has gone too farrodosw

            From the framing of your post you're already clearly coming at this from a biased angle. Where your view on everything is already screwed right. Where someone center or slightly left of center is seen as a fringe leftist.Ā 

            Also, I don't think anyone here is a hardcore leftist. The fact that anyone might even think that just speaks to my statement in the first paragraph.Ā 

            I'm not sure who would be the left-wing Tucker, Shapiro, etc. Generally, the right wing grift is stronger and more profitableĀ 

            Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
            W 1 Reply Last reply
            šŸ˜‚
            Quote Reply
            • DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
              • 4k Posts
              • 3k Reputation
              DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              May be an image of 6 people and text that says 'HE ONLY PRESIDENT IN MODERN HISTORY TO STAND AWAY FROM HE ELITES... @DONALDTRUMP.2020 AND STAND FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!'

              1 Reply Last reply
              ā¤ šŸ˜‚
              Quote Reply
              • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                @westside-steve said:

                https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1E6TjvcueK/

                I just wondered, for those of you guys are the hard left or even the soft left, are there actually pundits who are reasonable? At least most of the time?

                Ben shapiro tucker carlson bill o'reilly all seem like pretty smart guys and don't often disagree too far from the way I see things.

                Rachel maddow, chris matthews, lawrence o'donnell, whoopi goldberg, et cetera et cetera, really seem over the top in the field of lunacy.

                Is there anybody in the democrat party, or even just anti write wang, who is center left? Not just rabid trump haters? I used to think that Joe Scarborough was one, but it seems that MSNBC has set him down in a corner, had told him at that middle of the road shit doesn't support the brand.

                WSS

                Has gone too farrodosw

                From the framing of your post you're already clearly coming at this from a biased angle. Where your view on everything is already screwed right. Where someone center or slightly left of center is seen as a fringe leftist.Ā 

                Also, I don't think anyone here is a hardcore leftist. The fact that anyone might even think that just speaks to my statement in the first paragraph.Ā 

                I'm not sure who would be the left-wing Tucker, Shapiro, etc. Generally, the right wing grift is stronger and more profitableĀ 

                Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @mld-woody said:

                From the framing of your post you're already clearly coming at this from a biased angle. Where your view on everything is already screwed right. Where someone center or slightly left of center is seen as a fringe leftist.Ā 

                Also, I don't think anyone here is a hardcore leftist. The fact that anyone might even think that just speaks to my statement in the first paragraph.Ā 

                I'm not sure who would be the left-wing Tucker, Shapiro, etc. Generally, the right wing grift is stronger and more profitableĀ 

                No, there is no hitler and no Pinochet on the board. I'm looking for a pundit, slightly left slightly right center.....

                They've been off the air forever, but america overnight seemed to cross the bridge on occasion.

                WSS

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • FY56 F One Year In Posting Machine Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 3k Reputation
                  F FY56 wrote on last edited by FY56
                  #8

                  They’re all dead.

                  One still alive but not visible much these days is George Will. Once a staunch Conservative has moved more to the center, even slightly left.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • FY56 F One Year In Posting Machine Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 4k Posts
                    • 3k Reputation
                    F FY56 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Bill Maher! More and more approaching the center.

                    Doesnt give a fuck about liberal sphincters tightening up over his visit to the White House.

                    Woody, you should watch this. Maybe it will help to rethink your warped view of Trump.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    šŸ‘
                    Quote Reply
                    • DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 3k Reputation
                      DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Facebook

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • htownbrown htownbrownH Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 685 Reputation
                        htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I can live with lefty or righty shows that have the right format.Ā  The host becomes less important when it's done correctly.

                        I think Face the Nation or shows that give interviews to anyone (but more specifically public officials) and allow the guest to finish a point without interruption, have value even when I don't like the questions or opinions.

                        All opinion based shows suck no matter what side they are promoting.Ā  There is a reason people love Joe Rogan's show and it has nothing to do with his insight on a particular topic.

                        For example, I thought the Fox version of Tucker Carlson was too over the top antagonistic, but I think his Joe Rogan style show is good stuff.Ā  Just a simple change in format made all the difference.Ā 

                        If Cenk Uygur could act like a normal human being for longer than 5 minutes and interview someone that doesn't want to kill every jew on the planet, I'd probably give it a shot.Ā Ā 

                        But if I had to name an opinion based show that has a "more moderate" host it would have to be Part of the Problem with Dave Smith.

                        ā€œIt is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.ā€
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        šŸ‘
                        Quote Reply
                        • Jax JaxJ One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter One Month Later Reacting Well Collaborator Week One Done Dedicated First Post
                          • 6k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Facts and the truth matters.

                          I think the right does a decent job of this while not comparing it to the lefty sites. I think when you see them start to cite strong opinions or such it's more of a reaction to how not only left news behaves but democrats in general. They are forced to respond. Though I haven't watched much news lately other than NBC mostly, and even that's not often.

                          The left, continually pushes their narrative and constantly forces the viewer on how they should perceive things. It's really not about different opinions, that's going too easy on the left. They lie and cover things up in an overall attempt to keep pushing their narrative. Some are worse than others.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          šŸ˜‚
                          Quote Reply
                          • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 10k Posts
                            • 8k Reputation
                            AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            What I would love to see is a simple unbiased 10-20-40 question questionnaire on US and world geopolitical stances that would tell you from 9 to 3 o clock where you are on your political views..

                            Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                            MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • AxeA Axe

                              What I would love to see is a simple unbiased 10-20-40 question questionnaire on US and world geopolitical stances that would tell you from 9 to 3 o clock where you are on your political views..

                              MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                              • 33k Posts
                              • 3k Reputation
                              MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @axe said:

                              What I would love to see is a simple unbiased 10-20-40 question questionnaire on US and world geopolitical stances that would tell you from 9 to 3 o clock where you are on your political views..

                              I feel like we've done that on here beforeĀ 

                              Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                May be an image of 2 people, grass and text that says 'MY GENERATION WILL START A REVOLUTION! YOUR GENERATION CAN'T EVEN START A LAWN MOWER mI'

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                šŸ‘ šŸ˜‚
                                Quote Reply
                                • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                  • 64k Posts
                                  • 8k Reputation
                                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I was really glad to see Steve start this thread. I was hoping he was ok.

                                  I think I did find him out on the street, down and out, but he still held his head up high,

                                  and sang with heart.

                                  https://www.facebook.com/reel/2016864738810635

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                                  Register Login
                                  Reply
                                  • Reply as topic
                                  Log in to reply
                                  • Oldest to Newest
                                  • Newest to Oldest
                                  • Most Votes


                                  Theme
                                  • System
                                  • Light
                                  • Dark
                                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  0
                                  • Forums
                                  • Recent
                                  • Popular
                                  • Users
                                  • Donate