Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. So Long Nick!

So Long Nick!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
19 Posts 10 Posters 508 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
    • 14k Posts
    • 5k Reputation
    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I hope DEI Berry rots in fucking hell!

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-browns-all-pro-rb-nick-chubb-reportedly-expected-to-sign-with-texans/ar-AA1GkmzD

    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
    1 Reply Last reply
    😂
    Quote Reply
    • alporcini alporciniA Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 481 Posts
      • 161 Reputation
      alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I’m glad it’s not the Steelers. 

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
        • 64k Posts
        • 8k Reputation
        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I hope he gets back to his usual dynamic rb self. Have to check out the Texans once in a while.

        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
          • 12k Posts
          • 7k Reputation
          Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
          #4

          IMG_1307.jpeg

          Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
          C 1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
            • 33k Posts
            • 3k Reputation
            MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
            #5

            .... Of course nickers. Christ 

            Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
            Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
            😂
            Quote Reply
            • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

              .... Of course nickers. Christ 

              Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 15k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @mld-woody said:

              .... Of course nickers. Christ 

              He’s got the emotional maturity of a hormonal teenage girl. 

              MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                @mld-woody said:

                .... Of course nickers. Christ 

                He’s got the emotional maturity of a hormonal teenage girl. 

                MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                • 33k Posts
                • 3k Reputation
                MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @dutch-oven said:

                He’s got the emotional maturity of a hormonal teenage girl. 

                I don't think that's fair to teenage girls 

                Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                1 Reply Last reply
                😂
                Quote Reply
                • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg

                  IMG_1307.jpeg

                  calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                  • 64k Posts
                  • 8k Reputation
                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @canton-dawg said:

                  IMG_1307.jpeg

                  Terrific human being, outstanding rb, it will be cool to see him on the field again.

                  Too bad it won't be with the Browns, but it will be that way.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 5k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Bad business decision by the Browns. The guy worked so hard to come back.

                    Karlis Missed
                    Dutch OvenD OrionO 2 Replies Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • Bob806B Bob806

                      Bad business decision by the Browns. The guy worked so hard to come back.

                      Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 15k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @bob806 said:

                      Bad business decision by the Browns. The guy worked so hard to come back.

                      I don't know Bob, he averaged 3.3 yards a carry last season and turns 30 during the season. I think it probably was a good business decision. 

                      Not the greatest public relations move, but there's probably no position in the NFL more cutthroat than running back. 

                      FlugelF Bob806B 2 Replies Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • Bob806B Bob806

                        Bad business decision by the Browns. The guy worked so hard to come back.

                        Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 9k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @bob806 said:

                        Bad business decision by the Browns.

                        Well, it's not like they haven't made them before.  

                        We knew, when they spent a 2nd round pick on a RB, that that RB was going to play.  And then they drafted another highly successful collegiate RB.  Chubb could no longer be here.  It would've been awfully awkward.  If games don't go quite right there'd be chants of Chubb!  Chubb!  Chubb!  

                        Post draft, this is probably the best outcome.

                        Now, was it a bad decision to go this whole route?  Well, if it wasn't done this year, it was going to happen in the near future.  And with the number of severe injuries that poor guy has had throughout his collegiate and pro career.....it probably was not a bad idea.  But it's impossible to 'feel' like a good idea.  

                        BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                          @bob806 said:

                          Bad business decision by the Browns. The guy worked so hard to come back.

                          I don't know Bob, he averaged 3.3 yards a carry last season and turns 30 during the season. I think it probably was a good business decision. 

                          Not the greatest public relations move, but there's probably no position in the NFL more cutthroat than running back. 

                          Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 11k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @dutch-oven said:

                          I don't know Bob, he averaged 3.3 yards a carry last season and turns 30 during the season. I think it probably was a good business decision. 

                          Not the greatest public relations move, but there's probably no position in the NFL more cutthroat than running back. 

                          I wish I could Budweiser Frog this with a gigantic YEAH BUT...  I got nothing...

                          Having said nothing, here's what I do remember about our hero - the size of the fight in the DAWG depicted (below) without 1 ounce of I-before-team!  While a couple of our Baker Mayfield cheerleaders were crying all over their pom poms - the real soul of this team was here trying to bounce back from one of the most brutal knee injuries we've ever seen on this team.  

                          image.png.91d0c891cf10dc9a0b10ee0fcd2fa3e3.png   

                          I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          👍 ❤
                          Quote Reply
                          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                            • 64k Posts
                            • 8k Reputation
                            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            When I was a kid, about the sixth grade, I wanted to be a rb - my rb hero was Leroy Kelly, - I studied the moves he made in every game. I practiced how he ran with determination. Out on the farm, just one other house 3 miles away, I was practicing my Leroy Kelly moves out in the front yard, running past a kitchen chair, pretending it could come after me. lol. My Parents were not home - they went to visit friends about 4 miles away, at a dairy farm.

                                So, I practiced different speeds, shifting my weight, leaving my hips close to the "runner", but kicking out my legs. Poor kitchen chair didn't have a chance. lol.

                               I was working on changing speeds, kicking out, taking off, and all of a sudden I face planted into the grass. Shocked, I wondered "what the..." and went to get up. But, I couldn't. I rolled over and looked at my leg that wasn't working, and saw my kneecap on the inside of my knee. Then the pain hit - the kind of torture you'd probably get at a north korean prison camp. The kind of pain you wish you would just go unconcious, but you don't. I laid there, agonizing, until a great guy driving an empty school bus pulled over, talked to me, and put me on the bus and drove me to the hospital, and stayed there until my Parents got there. That goal had to go away. A year and a half later, it happened again, and my knee had to be re-structured. Oh well. I turned my attention to the outdoors - camping, fishing, hunting, survival.....

                               Talking about Nick Chubb - the way he ran always reminded me of Leroy Kelly. A while back, we had our carpet replaced with an expensive woodgrain vinyl flooring. A lot of work relocating our stuff... and going through a box that had been in my "outdoor" closet in the office - I found it. November 13, 1995, a Browns-steelers game program. $3.00 back then. And on the front, at the game we went to - it is autographed by...Leroy Kelly.

                            then... Nick Chubb highlights

                            F 1 Reply Last reply
                            👍
                            Quote Reply
                            • FY56 F One Year In Posting Machine Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 3k Reputation
                              F FY56 wrote on last edited by FY56
                              #14

                              Myles Garrett is probably a little envious.

                              FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • C calfoxwc

                                When I was a kid, about the sixth grade, I wanted to be a rb - my rb hero was Leroy Kelly, - I studied the moves he made in every game. I practiced how he ran with determination. Out on the farm, just one other house 3 miles away, I was practicing my Leroy Kelly moves out in the front yard, running past a kitchen chair, pretending it could come after me. lol. My Parents were not home - they went to visit friends about 4 miles away, at a dairy farm.

                                    So, I practiced different speeds, shifting my weight, leaving my hips close to the "runner", but kicking out my legs. Poor kitchen chair didn't have a chance. lol.

                                   I was working on changing speeds, kicking out, taking off, and all of a sudden I face planted into the grass. Shocked, I wondered "what the..." and went to get up. But, I couldn't. I rolled over and looked at my leg that wasn't working, and saw my kneecap on the inside of my knee. Then the pain hit - the kind of torture you'd probably get at a north korean prison camp. The kind of pain you wish you would just go unconcious, but you don't. I laid there, agonizing, until a great guy driving an empty school bus pulled over, talked to me, and put me on the bus and drove me to the hospital, and stayed there until my Parents got there. That goal had to go away. A year and a half later, it happened again, and my knee had to be re-structured. Oh well. I turned my attention to the outdoors - camping, fishing, hunting, survival.....

                                   Talking about Nick Chubb - the way he ran always reminded me of Leroy Kelly. A while back, we had our carpet replaced with an expensive woodgrain vinyl flooring. A lot of work relocating our stuff... and going through a box that had been in my "outdoor" closet in the office - I found it. November 13, 1995, a Browns-steelers game program. $3.00 back then. And on the front, at the game we went to - it is autographed by...Leroy Kelly.

                                then... Nick Chubb highlights

                                FY56 F One Year In Posting Machine Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                F FY56 wrote on last edited by FY56
                                #15

                                @calfoxwc said:

                                When I was a kid, about the sixth grade, I wanted to be a rb - my rb hero was Leroy Kelly, - I studied the moves he made in every game. I practiced how he ran with determination. Out on the farm, just one other house 3 miles away, I was practicing my Leroy Kelly moves out in the front yard, running past a kitchen chair, pretending it could come after me. lol. My Parents were not home - they went to visit friends about 4 miles away, at a dairy farm.

                                    So, I practiced different speeds, shifting my weight, leaving my hips close to the "runner", but kicking out my legs. Poor kitchen chair didn't have a chance. lol.

                                   I was working on changing speeds, kicking out, taking off, and all of a sudden I face planted into the grass. Shocked, I wondered "what the..." and went to get up. But, I couldn't. I rolled over and looked at my leg that wasn't working, and saw my kneecap on the inside of my knee. Then the pain hit - the kind of torture you'd probably get at a north korean prison camp. The kind of pain you wish you would just go unconcious, but you don't. I laid there, agonizing, until a great guy driving an empty school bus pulled over, talked to me, and put me on the bus and drove me to the hospital, and stayed there until my Parents got there. That goal had to go away. A year and a half later, it happened again, and my knee had to be re-structured. Oh well. I turned my attention to the outdoors - camping, fishing, hunting, survival.....

                                   Talking about Nick Chubb - the way he ran always reminded me of Leroy Kelly. A while back, we had our carpet replaced with an expensive woodgrain vinyl flooring. A lot of work relocating our stuff... and going through a box that had been in my "outdoor" closet in the office - I found it. November 13, 1995, a Browns-steelers game program. $3.00 back then. And on the front, at the game we went to - it is autographed by...Leroy Kelly.

                                You were missing one crucial thing Cal.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                😂
                                Quote Reply
                                • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                  • 64k Posts
                                  • 8k Reputation
                                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Yeah, I was lucky I guess, my lower leg didn't explode off....

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  😂
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • F FY56

                                    Myles Garrett is probably a little envious.

                                    Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 11k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @fy56 said:

                                    Myles Garrett is probably a little envious.

                                    ? He might be if/when he stops counting all his guaranteed money.  Not to state the obvious; but it was so refreshing to see a star that outworked the majority of his teammates year round humbled enough to just give the ball to the official after he scored.  It was as if he's he's done this before and he's conditioned himself to expect more of this ahead. He provided the type of leadership that didn't need his voice.   This whole thing hasn't seemed fair at all for him; but he's not wasting any time feeling sorry for himself.   I hope he gets the good karma he deserves this year...

                                    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    👍
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                      @bob806 said:

                                      Bad business decision by the Browns. The guy worked so hard to come back.

                                      I don't know Bob, he averaged 3.3 yards a carry last season and turns 30 during the season. I think it probably was a good business decision. 

                                      Not the greatest public relations move, but there's probably no position in the NFL more cutthroat than running back. 

                                      Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 5k Posts
                                      • 2k Reputation
                                      Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @dutch-oven said:

                                      Not the greatest public relations move, but there's probably no position in the NFL more cutthroat than running back. 

                                      Correct on the cutthroat position at RB.

                                      They threw $$$ at Dwayne Bowe, OBJ, etc. 

                                      Why not throw $$ at a guy who proved himself as a Brown? That's how I look at it.

                                      He may never get to where he was. But he earned his $$ here and wanted to stay. 

                                      I hate the business side of sports.

                                      Karlis Missed
                                      OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
                                      👍
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Bob806B Bob806

                                        @dutch-oven said:

                                        Not the greatest public relations move, but there's probably no position in the NFL more cutthroat than running back. 

                                        Correct on the cutthroat position at RB.

                                        They threw $$$ at Dwayne Bowe, OBJ, etc. 

                                        Why not throw $$ at a guy who proved himself as a Brown? That's how I look at it.

                                        He may never get to where he was. But he earned his $$ here and wanted to stay. 

                                        I hate the business side of sports.

                                        Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 9k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @bob806 said:

                                        Why not throw $$ at a guy who proved himself as a Brown? That's how I look at it.

                                        He wasn't going to play here.  After the draft there was no longer any room for him here.  Him signing elsewhere was the best thing for him.  

                                        BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        👍
                                        Quote Reply

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        Theme
                                        • System
                                        • Light
                                        • Dark
                                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Forums
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Users
                                        • Donate