Skip to content

Quinns ego

The Browns Board
29 12 1.6k
  • @ballpeen said:

    Much has been said about why BQ looks like a bum this year when some past performances seemed to point towards him being at least decent.

    I am not saying this to be mean, but it sums it up for me....if BQ was a chick, he would be a high maintenance chick.

    Mangini doesn't strike me as the type who spends a lot of time stroking players ego's, and possibly Brady is one of those guys who needs the stroking.

    If Mangini wants to salvage the guy, he may need to work on his end of the deal, but more directly to the point, BQ maybe needs to man up just a bit and realize that most NFL coaches aren't going to be a great buddy or one who is going to spend large amounts of time building his confidence.

    If Brady's confidence is shaken, he needs to be the one to repair the largest portion, because you can't play scared in this league.

    Get that weak stuff out of here peen, thats a crap notion and Quinn's never portrayed that image at anytime in his career, pro or college.

    @hammertime said:

    Get that weak stuff out of here peen, thats a crap notion and Quinn's never portrayed that image at anytime in his career, pro or college.

    THis is what peen does lately.

  • Just about every QB is like a high maintenance chick Peen. Just as just about every WR is a diva. It's the nature of the jobs and the game.

    I am sure I'd be high maintenance too if I was usually given all the glory when things go well and all the blame when things go wrong (which is how it usually goes for a QB at the college or NFL level).

  • Quinns doing exactly what hes being told to do. Crappily, but he's following orders.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Much has been said about why BQ looks like a bum this year when some past performances seemed to point towards him being at least decent.

    I am not saying this to be mean, but it sums it up for me....if BQ was a chick, he would be a high maintenance chick.

    Mangini doesn't strike me as the type who spends a lot of time stroking players ego's, and possibly Brady is one of those guys who needs the stroking.

    If Mangini wants to salvage the guy, he may need to work on his end of the deal, but more directly to the point, BQ maybe needs to man up just a bit and realize that most NFL coaches aren't going to be a great buddy or one who is going to spend large amounts of time building his confidence.

    If Brady's confidence is shaken, he needs to be the one to repair the largest portion, because you can't play scared in this league.

    Get that weak stuff out of here peen, thats a crap notion and Quinn's never portrayed that image at anytime in his career, pro or college.

    @hammertime said:

    Get that weak stuff out of here peen, thats a crap notion and Quinn's never portrayed that image at anytime in his career, pro or college.

    Again, I am really not saying in a mean spirit...it's just the impression I get.

    If his confidence is really all that tattered, it doesn't bode well.

    The playcalling and blocking haven't been so bad to make him look really, really bad....time and time again.

  • @hammertime said:

    Get that weak stuff out of here peen, thats a crap notion and Quinn's never portrayed that image at anytime in his career, pro or college.

    Again, I am really not saying in a mean spirit...it's just the impression I get.

    If his confidence is really all that tattered, it doesn't bode well.

    The playcalling and blocking haven't been so bad to make him look really, really bad....time and time again.

    @ballpeen said:

    The playcalling and blocking haven't been so bad to make him look really, really bad....time and time again.

    For every drop back to pass, you are right, it hasn't been that bad. But it's been pretty damn bad, and far worse than it was last year (prior to CLE having to play the likes of Dorsey and Gradkowski).

  • As a parent, if your A student suddenly starts failing whats the first thing that comes to mind?

    Well then its obvious right? Quinn has become an addict or no longer wants to do his homework.

  • @danamal said:

    Peen,

    As a season ticket holder you have more room to gripe than alot of people and I guess its a college thing that causes you to show such dislike for Quinn and always have but as a season ticket holder im sure you want whats best for the team.

    Your no youngster and have watched football for a long time so given all of that why on Gods green earth would you actually state DA is our future or someone you want to waste your hard earned money watching.

    Tha rational that a long deep pretty pass run back by the defense is more exciting than not turning the ball over escapes me and this teams problems are much deeper than QB.

    It really has nothing to do with his college or anything like that, but I will be honest I have never really liked the guy, but that is simply due to the fact I never thought he was all that good..but maybe there is a bit of the college thing in there since ND players typically get rated a bit higher than most...but it isn't because I just dislike ND.

    I am all for winning, and would be very happy if Quinn was the guy and i would be a big, happy fan if he did.

    I just don't see it happening. I just don't think he is that good.

    Just my honest opinion....

  • @hammertime said:

    Get that weak stuff out of here peen, thats a crap notion and Quinn's never portrayed that image at anytime in his career, pro or college.

    Again, I am really not saying in a mean spirit...it's just the impression I get.

    If his confidence is really all that tattered, it doesn't bode well.

    The playcalling and blocking haven't been so bad to make him look really, really bad....time and time again.

    @ballpeen said:

    Again, I am really not saying in a mean spirit...it's just the impression I get.

    If his confidence is really all that tattered, it doesn't bode well.

    The playcalling and blocking haven't been so bad to make him look really, really bad....time and time again.

    coulda fooled me.

    Especially since DA shit on his own face the first drive he was put in.

  • @hammertime said:

    Get that weak stuff out of here peen, thats a crap notion and Quinn's never portrayed that image at anytime in his career, pro or college.

    Again, I am really not saying in a mean spirit...it's just the impression I get.

    If his confidence is really all that tattered, it doesn't bode well.

    The playcalling and blocking haven't been so bad to make him look really, really bad....time and time again.

    @ballpeen said:

    Again, I am really not saying in a mean spirit...it's just the impression I get.

    If his confidence is really all that tattered, it doesn't bode well.

    The playcalling and blocking haven't been so bad to make him look really, really bad....time and time again.

    'Peen, right now nothing bodes well for the Browns. Both qbs looking over their shoulders, a sieve of a defense. Unimaginative- to say the least- offense that's currently stinking out the joint.

    May have to bring an extra bottle of the Orange Stuff to the tailgate. I'm afraid it could get so bad Sunday passing out by the end of the first quarter could be the best solution.

    I hope Mangini realizes if he starts DA the first interception will get him booed off the field, and the second one will cause a mass walk out.

  • coulda fooled me.

    I am sure that isn't very hard to do.

    This week...if DA starts, will give us a good baseline. It will tell us if play calling is really a problem or if we just went to the easiest route in that play.

    If DA is throwing dump pass after dump pass...it brings play calling in to question or some of the other things that have been mentioned.

    I haven't called them excuses at this point because I don't know. Now if we see the ball being pushed down field, then it eliminates all the stuff being said to this point and puts the problem directly on the shoulders of BQ.

    We will see on Sunday.

  • coulda fooled me.

    I am sure that isn't very hard to do.

    This week...if DA starts, will give us a good baseline. It will tell us if play calling is really a problem or if we just went to the easiest route in that play.

    If DA is throwing dump pass after dump pass...it brings play calling in to question or some of the other things that have been mentioned.

    I haven't called them excuses at this point because I don't know. Now if we see the ball being pushed down field, then it eliminates all the stuff being said to this point and puts the problem directly on the shoulders of BQ.

    We will see on Sunday.

    @ballpeen said:

    Now if we see the ball being pushed down field, then it eliminates all the stuff being said to this point and puts the problem directly on the shoulders of BQ.

    Only if the ball is being pushed down field to open receivers.

  • Quinn did have that whipped puppy look standing on the sidelines in the second half last week.

  • peen would be the first to post bullshite in a thread like this.

    I have a better theory. I think Quinn might have a splinter in one of his paws that's making him anxious.

    Sheesh.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Now if we see the ball being pushed down field, then it eliminates all the stuff being said to this point and puts the problem directly on the shoulders of BQ.

    Only if the ball is being pushed down field to open receivers.

    Masters said:

    Only if the ball is being pushed down field to open receivers.

    In the NFL...semi open is about as good as you get most of the time.

    If you are waiting for wide open looks, you end up dumping the ball off.

  • Masters said:

    Only if the ball is being pushed down field to open receivers.

    In the NFL...semi open is about as good as you get most of the time.

    If you are waiting for wide open looks, you end up dumping the ball off.

    @ballpeen said:

    In the NFL...semi open is about as good as you get most of the time.

    If you are waiting for wide open looks, you end up dumping the ball off.

    Semi-open=Semi-hard your saying it'll do? 😆 j/k

  • Masters said:

    Only if the ball is being pushed down field to open receivers.

    In the NFL...semi open is about as good as you get most of the time.

    If you are waiting for wide open looks, you end up dumping the ball off.

    @ballpeen said:

    In the NFL...semi open is about as good as you get most of the time.

    If you are waiting for wide open looks, you end up dumping the ball off.

    I am talking NFL open (we aren't talking about HS football in this part of the board 😁 ), not guys just running free (of course we could see that too if it isn't the play calling).

    At the same token, it can't be the type open where only the DA/Favre type arm is the only way the pass can be completed.

  • Wowser peen i think your off the mark this time buddy bq has never given off the impression of being easily broken or inconfident he has looked flustered over the past 2 weeks but i would be to especially if you have a passion to win thats being squeezed to death by a bad coach and his tight grip on the plays you can run..

    But anyways enjoy the anderception fest up close and personal with lots of space to uummm pick a better seat...😉

  • You know what? The semi open thing is interesting.

    I watched a few plays here and there on Sunday/Monday night and saw receivers literally WIDE open. I mean 10 yard cushion wide open.

    Not all the time, but from time to time.

    Quinn must be missing our guys when that happens. I'm hoping that's the case as it would explain a benching.

    Either that or our guys aren't getting open.

  • You know what? The semi open thing is interesting.

    I watched a few plays here and there on Sunday/Monday night and saw receivers literally WIDE open. I mean 10 yard cushion wide open.

    Not all the time, but from time to time.

    Quinn must be missing our guys when that happens. I'm hoping that's the case as it would explain a benching.

    Either that or our guys aren't getting open.

    @greythan said:

    Either that or our guys aren't getting open.

    Based on the small sampling in second half with DA, I still firmly believe this one (a combination of bad play calling and talent on the field aside from BE to throw to ).

  • @greythan said:

    Either that or our guys aren't getting open.

    Based on the small sampling in second half with DA, I still firmly believe this one (a combination of bad play calling and talent on the field aside from BE to throw to ).

    Masters said:

    Based on the small sampling in second half with DA, I still firmly believe this one (a combination of bad play calling and talent on the field aside from BE to throw to ).

    We definately can't point at just one player or one staff member.