Quinshon Judkins was allegedly arrested
-
You are correct Sir. 28 of the 32 second rounders are still unsigned. As I recall, the reason is speculated to be that they want to see how much guaranteed money the player picked before them is getting.
I thought I heard that the top guy in the second round somehow got his whole contract guaranteed and that is what is throwing off the whole second round in general?
And there's talk that the Bengals first round pick is so disgruntled with them that he might try to go back to Texas A&M. That would be bananas.
And there's talk that the Bengals first round pick is so disgruntled with them that he might try to go back to Texas A&M.
I wonder how that would work. I remember Rich Eisen (I think him) during Sanders' fall in the draft that he couldn't go back. I mean, you can always go back to school right? But I don't think you can be drafted again. ??
-
And there's talk that the Bengals first round pick is so disgruntled with them that he might try to go back to Texas A&M.
I wonder how that would work. I remember Rich Eisen (I think him) during Sanders' fall in the draft that he couldn't go back. I mean, you can always go back to school right? But I don't think you can be drafted again. ??
-
Post on my earlier news that #Browns RB Quinshon Judkins remains unsigned & won't report to training camp on time today with the rest of the rookies. The Browns have urged him to prioritize his legal matter over football right now.
Post on my earlier news that #Browns RB Quinshon Judkins remains unsigned & won't report to training camp on time today with the rest of the rookies. The Browns have urged him to prioritize his legal matter over football right now.
Thanks for the update Syd! A long time ago, my mom told me - "if you don't have anything good or nice to say; then don't say anything."
Unfortunately for y'all - I was listening; but I didn't hear her until just now...
-
Shadeur Sanders didn’t have any eligibility left. He was a senior
Yeah, but he can always go back to school. But are you saying that if you're a junior, declared for the draft, got drafted, and then for whatever reason, let's say, he didn't like the round he was drafted in, or doesn't like the team that drafted him, he can go back to school for his senior year and be eligible for the draft again? (enough commas in that sentence do ya think
)
-
Both have unbelievable heart and somewhat similar running styles.. Why did you have to bring race into it?
Because, beyond the subjective measurement of "heart", they're pretty much nothing alike. I had someone the other day tell me Andrew Armstrong reminds them of Ceedee Lamb. Beyond dreads and being black, there's minimum comparison. I had to hear from that same person how Jaxon Dart and Josh Allen are alike. Apart from being white and running more north-south, they're nothing similar as passers.
I don't bring race into these things as a negative. Only to show that it's easy for people to make comparisons that, mechanically and structurally, are way off. Because the cosmetic looks about the same. Isn't a knock directly on you, most people do it whether they realize it or not. And they do it out of pure appreciation, not discrimination.
We do agree on one thing about the A-train comparison though - I think Cam would be the type of guy who would line up anywhere in the backfield that you'd ask him to play and he'd give you his best effort.
-
-
You are correct Sir. 28 of the 32 second rounders are still unsigned. As I recall, the reason is speculated to be that they want to see how much guaranteed money the player picked before them is getting.
I thought I heard that the top guy in the second round somehow got his whole contract guaranteed and that is what is throwing off the whole second round in general?
And there's talk that the Bengals first round pick is so disgruntled with them that he might try to go back to Texas A&M. That would be bananas.
And there's talk that the Bengals first round pick is so disgruntled with them that he might try to go back to Texas A&M. That would be bananas.
They're trying to stick some guaranteed money clause in there which would negate it, but they are the ones who actually decide whether that happens or not, so he's holding back. And there is a loophole that allows him to go back to A&M if they don't take the clause out. I personally hope they don't naturally. Love to get him one more year so he can be the featured DE.
-
Dang,, you his press secretary? Now that's funny!
Just call me Bondi. lol
It wasn't that serious bro, just me bein the smart ass I am
Sorry, I wasn't sure...and felt I could do my good deed for the day.
( BTW, we're playing a summer show for the veterans at the Veterans Home tomorrow. I'm gonna play my custom shop strat. Nothing but the best for the veterans. That and it's a pretty safe environment where it won't get stolen. Of course saying that opens the door for bad karma )
Sorry, I wasn't sure...and felt I could do my good deed for the day.
( BTW, we're playing a summer show for the veterans at the Veterans Home tomorrow. I'm gonna play my custom shop strat. Nothing but the best for the veterans. That and it's a pretty safe environment where it won't get stolen. Of course saying that opens the door for bad karma )
Good for you Orion. Some day I may be in one of those,though I'd rather just keel over. Would you come play for me? ?
-
Shadeur Sanders didn’t have any eligibility left. He was a senior
Yeah, but he can always go back to school. But are you saying that if you're a junior, declared for the draft, got drafted, and then for whatever reason, let's say, he didn't like the round he was drafted in, or doesn't like the team that drafted him, he can go back to school for his senior year and be eligible for the draft again? (enough commas in that sentence do ya think
)
Yeah, but he can always go back to school. But are you saying that if you're a junior, declared for the draft, got drafted, and then for whatever reason, let's say, he didn't like the round he was drafted in, or doesn't like the team that drafted him, he can go back to school for his senior year and be eligible for the draft again? (enough commas in that sentence do ya think
)
I think that is what Stewart is banking on, but I know I’ve never seen that happen before
-
Yeah, but he can always go back to school. But are you saying that if you're a junior, declared for the draft, got drafted, and then for whatever reason, let's say, he didn't like the round he was drafted in, or doesn't like the team that drafted him, he can go back to school for his senior year and be eligible for the draft again? (enough commas in that sentence do ya think
)
I think that is what Stewart is banking on, but I know I’ve never seen that happen before
I think that is what Stewart is banking on, but I know I’ve never seen that happen before
With players being able to make money while playing at school we might see some never before seen stuff done. If there's a loophole to crawl through someone will do it.
-
Sorry, I wasn't sure...and felt I could do my good deed for the day.
( BTW, we're playing a summer show for the veterans at the Veterans Home tomorrow. I'm gonna play my custom shop strat. Nothing but the best for the veterans. That and it's a pretty safe environment where it won't get stolen. Of course saying that opens the door for bad karma )
Good for you Orion. Some day I may be in one of those,though I'd rather just keel over. Would you come play for me? ?
Would you come play for me? ?
Absolutely! If you move out here.
My Dad volunteered to go live at the Veterans Home after my mother passed. I visited with him quite often and he would tell me that I should have my band play there because the veterans love it when someone plays music for them. So, I rang up a couple of friends, explained, and asked if they'd be willing to learn some Christmas music and help me put on a Christmas Show for the veterans. I told them that we would not be paid because I wanted it to be 'Giving Back to the veterans' for what they did for us. They both said yes straight away. A couple of other bandmates joined in and we played our first Christmas show in 2016 with my father in the audience. He passed 6 months later but we've continued to put on the Christmas Veterans Show ever since ( with the exception of a Covid year ). This is the first time that we played in the summer. It was nice to play some of our normal stuff instead of the Christmas stuff...but we told everyone to remember to join us this December. I don't know how long we'll be able to do this because we're not spring chickens anymore either. But we've agreed to do this until we can't. Plus, we've agreed that we need the brownie points to try to get into heaven.
- My Dad was a simple man. But a good man. Everyone, workers and residents, liked him very much over there and it still hits me in the corner of my eyes when I walk back into that place again.
-
I think that is what Stewart is banking on, but I know I’ve never seen that happen before
With players being able to make money while playing at school we might see some never before seen stuff done. If there's a loophole to crawl through someone will do it.
With players being able to make money while playing at school we might see some never before seen stuff done. If there's a loophole to crawl through someone will do it.
There may be that loophole since this is something new the Bengals are throwing at him. However under NFL Players agreement, his draft is still valid by them through the 2026 draft. So they are not too worried about keeping him and have him bent over a barrel at them moment. The A&M HC does not expect him back. Sooner or later one side will blink and given that the Bengals are in desperate need of a DE, I'm betting they give a better signing bonus to somewhat offset that clause being included.
EDIT: And I just read their 2nd rounder signed today with a $3.2mil signing bonus with a certain %age paid up front. Stewart was not offered the same %age, so that is one reason he's upset with these "negotiations". EDIT #2: His signing bonus is $10.2mil.
-
With players being able to make money while playing at school we might see some never before seen stuff done. If there's a loophole to crawl through someone will do it.
There may be that loophole since this is something new the Bengals are throwing at him. However under NFL Players agreement, his draft is still valid by them through the 2026 draft. So they are not too worried about keeping him and have him bent over a barrel at them moment. The A&M HC does not expect him back. Sooner or later one side will blink and given that the Bengals are in desperate need of a DE, I'm betting they give a better signing bonus to somewhat offset that clause being included.
EDIT: And I just read their 2nd rounder signed today with a $3.2mil signing bonus with a certain %age paid up front. Stewart was not offered the same %age, so that is one reason he's upset with these "negotiations". EDIT #2: His signing bonus is $10.2mil.
I just read their 2nd rounder signed today
I'm thinking more than a few have signed today.
-
I think that is what Stewart is banking on, but I know I’ve never seen that happen before
With players being able to make money while playing at school we might see some never before seen stuff done. If there's a loophole to crawl through someone will do it.
-
I think most of the second rounders are still unsigned?
not sure , I wonder who is gonna handle judkins lawyers dues
-
The Browns had the right idea. Take an Ohio State running back in the 2nd round. They just took the wrong one ?. TreVeyon Henderson looked amazing last night. That kickoff return was insane
-
The Browns had the right idea. Take an Ohio State running back in the 2nd round. They just took the wrong one ?. TreVeyon Henderson looked amazing last night. That kickoff return was insane
The Browns had the right idea. Take an Ohio State running back in the 2nd round. They just took the wrong one ?. TreVeyon Henderson looked amazing last night. That kickoff return was insane
That wasn't the 1st time some of us wondered if the Browns drafted the right RB at Ohio State. Judkins might have still been a great pick if he didn't have this major character flaw. As the ole saying goes - he didn't draft himself so sooner or later Berry is going to need to be held accountable for throwing away high round picks over "character"....
-
The Browns had the right idea. Take an Ohio State running back in the 2nd round. They just took the wrong one ?. TreVeyon Henderson looked amazing last night. That kickoff return was insane
That wasn't the 1st time some of us wondered if the Browns drafted the right RB at Ohio State. Judkins might have still been a great pick if he didn't have this major character flaw. As the ole saying goes - he didn't draft himself so sooner or later Berry is going to need to be held accountable for throwing away high round picks over "character"....
That wasn't the 1st time some of us wondered if the Browns drafted the right RB at Ohio State. Judkins might have still been a great pick if he didn't have this major character flaw. As the ole saying goes - he didn't draft himself so sooner or later Berry is going to need to be held accountable for throwing away high round picks over "character"....
The problem for me is..Al Shabbaz Berry has a habitual problem "selecting the wrong player"... At some point you can't keep someone who makes choices detrimental to your team...
-
Seems that analytics is the problem. It's said the Browns use it the most?
It's failing them. Too many mistakes in the draft.
never mind. Sanders really looked pretty good in the Carolina game.
Mason Graham will dominate on the dline.
two picks after Graham was draft at 5, McMillan was a great pick at 7 overall by the Panthers.
Those two were best friends in school...
Tetairoa McMillan and Mason Graham come full circle in the NFL
-
That wasn't the 1st time some of us wondered if the Browns drafted the right RB at Ohio State. Judkins might have still been a great pick if he didn't have this major character flaw. As the ole saying goes - he didn't draft himself so sooner or later Berry is going to need to be held accountable for throwing away high round picks over "character"....
The problem for me is..Al Shabbaz Berry has a habitual problem "selecting the wrong player"... At some point you can't keep someone who makes choices detrimental to your team...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
