Skip to content

OZZY died

The Browns Board
35 13 699 1
  • I loved Ozzy... Total nut job but funny AF.. Great personality and his controversial stories are funny as hell.. The guy pissed on the Alamo out in full drag.... I think Ozzy had a good eye for talent... (Randy Rhoads,Brad Gillis , Jake Lee and Zakk Wylde) He actually did a gig with Yngwie Malmsteen covering Randy's Ozzy songs and (Yngwie) he fucking nailed it.. Theres a funny story about Michael Schenker (UFO, Scorpions) who was being considered as Randy's replacement and Schenk pretended the phone call shorted out and dissed him... While I never thought Ozzy was a great singing talent he had his own tonality and you knew it was him.. No one sounded quite like him.. (Per Steve Vai).. Ozzy knew what he liked and didn't like and was hilarious to work with in the studio. One of the great Sabbath songs was a ballad called "She's Gone" Ozzy's voice was perfect for it.. The guitar parts and the vocalizing portrayed perfect sadness... I think it was on Technical Ecstasy - My fave sabbath alum for that period.. But for us Metal Heads... We lost our Father so to speak.. Guys like him.. Tony Iommi, Leslie West and Rob Halford carved out the metal niche along with jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin... There will never be another era in music like it... RIP Ozzman!.. You and Sabbath were a huge influence on me...

    GwgL3fHbEAUTeqJ.thumb.jpg.64d4e4a02179d11c1f2282eb8bd47bdd.jpg

  • so who is going to be #3

  • sydS syd

    so who is going to be #3

    @syd said:

    so who is going to be #3

    My guess... It will probably be between Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton.. Maybe Jimmy Page.. Yet Keith Richards still lives..

  • sydS syd

    so who is going to be #3

    @syd said:

    so who is going to be #3

    Malcolm Jamal Warner (theo huxtable) makes #3.  

    I grew up on reruns of the Cosby Show.  So toss in some WWE and listening to Sabbath on 107.5 during the summer car rides...  its been a rough week for childhood memories. 

  • Well.. It turns out Jazz artist Chuck Mangione passed away today.. theres your 3rd...

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/jazz-legend-chuck-mangione-known-for-feels-so-good-dies-at-84/ar-AA1JewFK?ocid=BingNewsSerp

  • First Malcolm Jamal Warner, then Ozzy Osbourne, now Hulk Hogan! Really awful week in deaths! RIP!

  • Can't say Ozzy was ever my strong cup of tea, but I always admire true 1 of 1 people who I've shared this planet with. Whether it's someone like David Bowie, Prince, or now Ozzy it's pretty fucking cool to be able to have lived a life completely on your own terms and against the norms of society and still be successful.

    Truly never going to be another one like Ozzy- time for a little crazy train.

  • First Malcolm Jamal Warner, then Ozzy Osbourne, now Hulk Hogan! Really awful week in deaths! RIP!

    @jppt1974 said:

    First Malcolm Jamal Warner, then Ozzy Osbourne, now Hulk Hogan! Really awful week in deaths! RIP!

    MJW means absolutely NOTHING to me... I never even heard of him before...

  • @jppt1974 said:

    First Malcolm Jamal Warner, then Ozzy Osbourne, now Hulk Hogan! Really awful week in deaths! RIP!

    MJW means absolutely NOTHING to me... I never even heard of him before...

    @nickers said:

    MJW means absolutely NOTHING to me... I never even heard of him before...

    What a shock, nickers. 

    Eagerly waiting for the day we announce your death on here, you miserable bucket of monkey spunk. 

  • @syd said:

    so who is going to be #3

    Malcolm Jamal Warner (theo huxtable) makes #3.  

    I grew up on reruns of the Cosby Show.  So toss in some WWE and listening to Sabbath on 107.5 during the summer car rides...  its been a rough week for childhood memories. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Malcolm Jamal Warner (theo huxtable) makes #3.  

    I grew up on reruns of the Cosby Show.  So toss in some WWE and listening to Sabbath on 107.5 during the summer car rides...  its been a rough week for childhood memories. 

    Heck l remember watching Family Ties and the Cosby Show back to back on Thursday nights and it was one of the best hours of tv everrr. I really looked forward to it as a kid. 

    And we had the WWF. It always came on after Saturday morning cartoons. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Malcolm Jamal Warner (theo huxtable) makes #3.  

    I grew up on reruns of the Cosby Show.  So toss in some WWE and listening to Sabbath on 107.5 during the summer car rides...  its been a rough week for childhood memories. 

    Heck l remember watching Family Ties and the Cosby Show back to back on Thursday nights and it was one of the best hours of tv everrr. I really looked forward to it as a kid. 

    And we had the WWF. It always came on after Saturday morning cartoons. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    And we had the WWF. It always came on after Saturday morning cartoons. 

    Bet you never heard of Gorgeous George though.?

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    And we had the WWF. It always came on after Saturday morning cartoons. 

    Bet you never heard of Gorgeous George though.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Bet you never heard of Gorgeous George though.?

    When I was like 9 or so (mid 80s) I watched WWF... Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant were the big guys of course, but I remember Jake the Snake, Ricky the Steamboat, KoKo B. Ware... then my dad explained to me that it was fake ? He told a story about his his friend worked the events behind the scenes and said he'd see all these guys drinking beer together in the locker rooms even though on TV they were mortal enemies, and with that story I immediately quit watching. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Bet you never heard of Gorgeous George though.?

    When I was like 9 or so (mid 80s) I watched WWF... Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant were the big guys of course, but I remember Jake the Snake, Ricky the Steamboat, KoKo B. Ware... then my dad explained to me that it was fake ? He told a story about his his friend worked the events behind the scenes and said he'd see all these guys drinking beer together in the locker rooms even though on TV they were mortal enemies, and with that story I immediately quit watching. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    When I was like 9 or so (mid 80s) I watched WWF... Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant were the big guys of course, but I remember Jake the Snake, Ricky the Steamboat, KoKo B. Ware... then my dad explained to me that it was fake ? He told a story about his his friend worked the events behind the scenes and said he'd see all these guys drinking beer together in the locker rooms even though on TV they were mortal enemies, and with that story I immediately quit watching. 

    I appreciated the WWF more years later than l did at the time, it wasn’t really my thing as a kid. When it came on it marked the end of Saturday morning cartoons and l lamented that, haha. 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    And we had the WWF. It always came on after Saturday morning cartoons. 

    Bet you never heard of Gorgeous George though.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Bet you never heard of Gorgeous George though.?

    I remember the early 70's and guys like Domenic Denucci and Cyclops...

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    And we had the WWF. It always came on after Saturday morning cartoons. 

    Bet you never heard of Gorgeous George though.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Bet you never heard of Gorgeous George though.?

    Heard of him, but certainly before my time. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Bet you never heard of Gorgeous George though.?

    Heard of him, but certainly before my time. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Heard of him, but certainly before my time. 

    He was one of the original kings of pro wrestling, but even as a kid I could see it was all fake. So I rarely watch it.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Heard of him, but certainly before my time. 

    He was one of the original kings of pro wrestling, but even as a kid I could see it was all fake. So I rarely watch it.

    @texasag1969 said:

    He was one of the original kings of pro wrestling, but even as a kid I could see it was all fake. So I rarely watch it.

    You think it’s fake huh?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    He was one of the original kings of pro wrestling, but even as a kid I could see it was all fake. So I rarely watch it.

    You think it’s fake huh?

    @fy56 said:

    You think it’s fake huh?

    Yeah, it's practiced ahead of time and as fake as ____________________.?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Bet you never heard of Gorgeous George though.?

    Heard of him, but certainly before my time. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Heard of him, but certainly before my time. 

    What about the epic battles between Bruno Sammartino and Killer Kowalski?