well this sucks, I as others were pulling for this kid
-
-
Browns being Browns... And DEI Berry still has a fucking job...
This guy nickers who drones on about DEI and wokeness every chance he gets has been mooching off his family for years and sitting on his ass collecting SSI. ?
Let me take a wild guess why nickers is salty about some random kid from Kent State getting cut - he's a white kid, right?
-
Browns being Browns... And DEI Berry still has a fucking job...
This guy nickers who drones on about DEI and wokeness every chance he gets has been mooching off his family for years and sitting on his ass collecting SSI. ?
Let me take a wild guess why nickers is salty about some random kid from Kent State getting cut - he's a white kid, right?
kid from Kent State getting cut -
He has/had good write ups during TC and had kind of a cult following. He made a nice catch on TV and hurt himself doing it. I feel sorry for him and I hope he lands on his feet, hopefully on our IR. But in reality, of the midget receivers, I like #84, Gage L. better. He did a better job on the punts. But, of course, he can drop a punt too I'm sure.
-
I was rooting for the guy, but the reality is the guy reminded me of Daren Chiaverini.
-
I wouldn't cut a guy who makes plays.
I realize there's tough decisions to make, they can only carry so many WRs, for example.
But, if he's making plays while other prospects aren't, KEEP HIM.
Probably a DePodesta move.
I wouldn't cut a guy who makes plays.
I realize there's tough decisions to make, they can only carry so many WRs, for example.
But, if he's making plays while other prospects aren't, KEEP HIM.
Probably a DePodesta move.
Well said Bob! I haven't heard anything about #89 FA WR Kaden Davis; but he's the guy that caught both TD passes. Another WR people are hearing/talking about in Training Camp is Gage Larvadain. Then there's the WRs we're familiar with like Jerry Jeudy, Cedric Tillman, Diontae Johnson, David Bell, Jamari Thrash and DeAndre Carter. One's ability on STs could land himself a roster spot. Carter might have the inside track on that right now; but one of these guys we're just learning about could step up to the challenge. It'll be interesting to see what happens...
-
We'll have to remember his name when he catches on with another team and plays great against the Browns....
-
We'll have to remember his name when he catches on with another team and plays great against the Browns....
-
I wouldn't cut a guy who makes plays.
I realize there's tough decisions to make, they can only carry so many WRs, for example.
But, if he's making plays while other prospects aren't, KEEP HIM.
Probably a DePodesta move.
I wouldn't cut a guy who makes plays.
I realize there's tough decisions to make, they can only carry so many WRs, for example.
But, if he's making plays while other prospects aren't, KEEP HIM.
Probably a DePodesta move.
Probably just one of those “business decision” things. It sounds like he won’t be able to participate in football activities for a few weeks and the team is obliged to carve it down to the best 53, and it’s too soon to tell if he woulda been one of them at this point, so the best thing for all involved is to part ways and he can work on his stuff and we can work on ours.
It’s not uncommon that he’ll get a shot on our PS or another team down the road, and it’s my understanding the “injury settlement” stipulation gets him a little nest egg and probably something like COBRA insurance.
-
"Cal and nicker's Great White Hope".?
Just an observation, I think you get a bit overboard on the racial thing.
Racism is pretty normal. If you look in to a crowd and notice a black person, you are a racist. If you are a black man, I know nothing about you, if you notice a white person, you are a racist. Noticing a good looking woman in a crowd doesn't make one a sexist, does it?.
It's normal. Racism and bigotry are different things but they seemed to have morphed in to the same in the minds of some.
-
"Cal and nicker's Great White Hope".?
Just an observation, I think you get a bit overboard on the racial thing.
Racism is pretty normal. If you look in to a crowd and notice a black person, you are a racist. If you are a black man, I know nothing about you, if you notice a white person, you are a racist. Noticing a good looking woman in a crowd doesn't make one a sexist, does it?.
It's normal. Racism and bigotry are different things but they seemed to have morphed in to the same in the minds of some.
Just an observation, I think you get a bit overboard on the racial thing.
Racism is pretty normal. If you look in to a crowd and notice a black person, you are a racist. If you are a black man, I know nothing about you, if you notice a white person, you are a racist. Noticing a good looking woman in a crowd doesn't make one a sexist, does it?.
It's normal. Racism and bigotry are different things but they seemed to have morphed in to the same in the minds of some.
Whatever you say, Boomer. ?
-
I wouldn't cut a guy who makes plays.
I realize there's tough decisions to make, they can only carry so many WRs, for example.
But, if he's making plays while other prospects aren't, KEEP HIM.
Probably a DePodesta move.
Probably just one of those “business decision” things. It sounds like he won’t be able to participate in football activities for a few weeks and the team is obliged to carve it down to the best 53, and it’s too soon to tell if he woulda been one of them at this point, so the best thing for all involved is to part ways and he can work on his stuff and we can work on ours.
It’s not uncommon that he’ll get a shot on our PS or another team down the road, and it’s my understanding the “injury settlement” stipulation gets him a little nest egg and probably something like COBRA insurance.
Probably just one of those “business decision” things. It sounds like he won’t be able to participate in football activities for a few weeks and the team is obliged to carve it down to the best 53, and it’s too soon to tell if he woulda been one of them at this point, so the best thing for all involved is to part ways and he can work on his stuff and we can work on ours.
It’s not uncommon that he’ll get a shot on our PS or another team down the road, and it’s my understanding the “injury settlement” stipulation gets him a little nest egg and probably something like COBRA insurance.
Well written, makes sense.
He could fill the role that David Bell hasn't been able to fill. All teams need a "glue hands" guy.
-
I wouldn't cut a guy who makes plays.
I realize there's tough decisions to make, they can only carry so many WRs, for example.
But, if he's making plays while other prospects aren't, KEEP HIM.
Probably a DePodesta move.
Well said Bob! I haven't heard anything about #89 FA WR Kaden Davis; but he's the guy that caught both TD passes. Another WR people are hearing/talking about in Training Camp is Gage Larvadain. Then there's the WRs we're familiar with like Jerry Jeudy, Cedric Tillman, Diontae Johnson, David Bell, Jamari Thrash and DeAndre Carter. One's ability on STs could land himself a roster spot. Carter might have the inside track on that right now; but one of these guys we're just learning about could step up to the challenge. It'll be interesting to see what happens...
I haven't heard anything about #89 FA WR Kaden Davis; but he's the guy that caught both TD passes.
He's bounced around a handful of practice squads since '22. Activated to the 53 man roster twice. Once in '23 for Arizona, no stats, and once for our last game of last season. He played 4 snaps on offense with no stats and 11 snaps on ST's with return stats.
-
Just an observation, I think you get a bit overboard on the racial thing.
Racism is pretty normal. If you look in to a crowd and notice a black person, you are a racist. If you are a black man, I know nothing about you, if you notice a white person, you are a racist. Noticing a good looking woman in a crowd doesn't make one a sexist, does it?.
It's normal. Racism and bigotry are different things but they seemed to have morphed in to the same in the minds of some.
Whatever you say, Boomer. ?
Whatever you say, Boomer. ?
Good answer....you got that right.?
-
Whatever you say, Boomer. ?
Good answer....you got that right.?
Good answer....you got that right.?
Typical answer from a kid with an immature mentality... I live in the real world.. I have been shot at and had knives and guns pointed at my head... He continues to live in a fairy tale... My family has fought communism and social injustices first hand... We don't owe this motherfucker a goddamn thing.. At least you and I can break bread and treat each in a humane way with respect.. You have always been one of my favorite posters.. Even at times when we disagreed...
-
I haven't heard anything about #89 FA WR Kaden Davis; but he's the guy that caught both TD passes.
He's bounced around a handful of practice squads since '22. Activated to the 53 man roster twice. Once in '23 for Arizona, no stats, and once for our last game of last season. He played 4 snaps on offense with no stats and 11 snaps on ST's with return stats.
He's bounced around a handful of practice squads since '22. Activated to the 53 man roster twice. Once in '23 for Arizona, no stats, and once for our last game of last season. He played 4 snaps on offense with no stats and 11 snaps on ST's with return stats.
True, and I think he also played for Denver on and off as an Undrafted FA in 2022. My use of the word "played" might be better summed up as he was on the roster. Reggie Rucker seemed like this kind of guy until the Browns provided him with the best situation for his skill-set. You never know with this kind of guy being close enough to tempt teams to keep him over others but not trusted enough to be empowered to starting or earning as situational role as a WR. STs will probably make or break some of these guys. Once upon a time in Western NY - Steve Tasker was allegedly a WR; but he was an All Planet STs player that did anything from being a gunner on punt/kick coverage teams to blocking place kicks. I don't think they used him very much as a return specialist but that probably needs to be fact checked. Somewhere in all this a guy like Davis could find the right opportunity here or elsewhere. It could happen by accident if someone watches film of Sanders and notices "hey, this #89 is the one that caught both of the TD passes." If that particular team has injuries in their WR Corps - that could be his lucky day.
-
Good answer....you got that right.?
Typical answer from a kid with an immature mentality... I live in the real world.. I have been shot at and had knives and guns pointed at my head... He continues to live in a fairy tale... My family has fought communism and social injustices first hand... We don't owe this motherfucker a goddamn thing.. At least you and I can break bread and treat each in a humane way with respect.. You have always been one of my favorite posters.. Even at times when we disagreed...
Typical answer from a kid with an immature mentality... I live in the real world.. I have been shot at and had knives and guns pointed at my head... He continues to live in a fairy tale...
Like where you'd meet me anywhere, anyplace after running your mouth at me? That real world?
Or the real world where your dad beat up Gene Hickerson? That real world?
-
We'll have to remember his name when he catches on with another team and plays great against the Browns....
We'll have to remember his name when he catches on with another team and plays great against the Browns....
I see... Why would anyone want him to play great against the Browns? Undrafted Rookies with severe hamstring injuries aren't going to take roster spots. Having said that, @texasag1969 brought up some good points where he could still get picked back up by the Browns IF/when his injury heals up.
-
We'll have to remember his name when he catches on with another team and plays great against the Browns....
I see... Why would anyone want him to play great against the Browns? Undrafted Rookies with severe hamstring injuries aren't going to take roster spots. Having said that, @texasag1969 brought up some good points where he could still get picked back up by the Browns IF/when his injury heals up.
I see... Why would anyone want him to play great against the Browns? Undrafted Rookies with severe hamstring injuries aren't going to take roster spots. Having said that, @texasag1969 brought up some good points where he could still get picked back up by the Browns IF/when his injury heals up.
Because it fuels the faux outrage the Poliboard Klan can vomit onto here. ?
-
You love the local boys. The biggest reason is because you have that ability to identify with their NFL dream at an even more personal level.
That said - maybe I was watching a different game? Luke wasn't a camp standout, was struggling to get separation at any part of his routes and his one catch was on a heads-up scramble drill where the DBs eyes just got caught looking. A DB who isn't even an NFL starter.
It's important to set aside the emotion and put things in their proper perspective.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login