100 myles per hour
-
All valid points. I'm not giving him a pass. He's got 160M reasons why he should not do it.
It's obviously a release...probably a way for him to feel normal. He's been treated like a king since college, probably high school. He has everything done for him. He's surrounded by staff, handlers, coaches or NFL personnel every minute he's in the facility. Probably has his own staff at home.
He can't go out for entertainment, a movie or to eat. To most, it sounds awesome to experience. I'm sure in reality, it gets old sometimes...I know first world problems.
If I'm AB or JH, I'm pulling him into my office and saying something to the effect of, "Come on, Myles. Let's not do this. Especially at 2am."
I'd offer to rent a local drag strip, rent some medical professionals and let him run quarters and hit the burnout box to get him his fix.
-
I sense a difference in Myles.
I expect after the season he will start demanding a trade again.
-
I sense a difference in Myles.
I expect after the season he will start demanding a trade again.
-
yep - Garrett has a history of driving like that. A few weeks ago, someone driving probably that fast nearly caused an accident after they blew our doors off, then cutting right in front of a car in the left lane ahead of a semi, then right in front of the semi.
That crap could get someone killed. I'm guessing Garrett thinks it won't happen because he's such a great speed racer...
Browns star Myles Garrett speeding despite previous car crash should spur action | Ulrich
I say the team should give both of them hefty fines commensurate with their contracts and require not just driver's ed, but community service in some way that is related to their poor driving decisions. Maybe taking on student drivers to teach driving skills & laws.
I say the team should give both of them hefty fines commensurate with their contracts and require not just driver's ed, but community service in some way that is related to their poor driving decisions. Maybe taking on student drivers to teach driving skills & laws.
If he's qualified to teach peoples' sons and daughters how to drive; Joe Pesce said it best: "I'm ascared."
-
"The Germany national football team represents Germany in men's international football and is one of the most successful teams in history, having won four FIFA World Cups and three European Championships. The team is governed by the German Football Association (DFB) and has a rich history dating back to its first match in 1908."
************************
My guess is, Garrett wants out of Cleveland, insists on being traded to the Germany national football team....
they have the autobahn....
-
-
That's probably true.
It's not like he has like 34 felonies or something...
That would qualify him for Kingship or maybe Police Chief.
-
Ya know!... I try not to let stuff like this get to me as a fan... I did my share of speeding when I was young.. But... There comes a time in a star athletes life where common sense has to take over.. Or at least better judgment should.. I don't want to make a big deal about this.. But at some point.. He has to realize that he is an "Investment"And that a team and the league is counting on him to perform and generate $$$$... But you would think after being in the league this long he would learn his lesson.. Didn't he already wreck a car or some shit? I mean... You only get so many opportunities in life...
Ya know!... I try not to let stuff like this get to me as a fan... I did my share of speeding when I was young.. But... There comes a time in a star athletes life where common sense has to take over.. Or at least better judgment should.. I don't want to make a big deal about this.. But at some point.. He has to realize that he is an "Investment"And that a team and the league is counting on him to perform and generate $$$$... But you would think after being in the league this long he would learn his lesson.. Didn't he already wreck a car or some shit? I mean... You only get so many opportunities in life...
I'm sure a lot of us even drove when we had too much to drink at least once when we were young and invincible. Long after our teens, my brother got killed in an auto accident. Nobody ever wants to think their next drive could end up with them being decapitated. At the time, he had just become a proud grandfather of 2 twin boys. I hate hearing about all this stuff but the sad thing is - it's never gonna go away. I don't even like to read something like this about athletes/players I don't root for.
I'm sure Myles has already heard the lectures that might have even worked for a little while; but what's really behind the reason of needing a car that can reach the excessive speeds? He probably assured himself, "I don't do this all the time and there's not a lot of people on the road at 2:00 AM - let me remind myself 1 more time what it feels like to reach the speeds it's built for." Who knows? Former Pro Bowl DT Jerome Brown got killed driving his expensive sports car in the prime of his career. These young guys that make so much more $ than the people lecturing them probably feel too invincible to be a victim of an auto crash. I got a feeling there's a whole bunch more that aren't getting caught while some might have even talked their way out of a ticket or 2. These guys probably don't buy fast sports cars with an intention to maintain the speed limit 100% of the time.
-
Ya know!... I try not to let stuff like this get to me as a fan... I did my share of speeding when I was young.. But... There comes a time in a star athletes life where common sense has to take over.. Or at least better judgment should.. I don't want to make a big deal about this.. But at some point.. He has to realize that he is an "Investment"And that a team and the league is counting on him to perform and generate $$$$... But you would think after being in the league this long he would learn his lesson.. Didn't he already wreck a car or some shit? I mean... You only get so many opportunities in life...
I'm sure a lot of us even drove when we had too much to drink at least once when we were young and invincible. Long after our teens, my brother got killed in an auto accident. Nobody ever wants to think their next drive could end up with them being decapitated. At the time, he had just become a proud grandfather of 2 twin boys. I hate hearing about all this stuff but the sad thing is - it's never gonna go away. I don't even like to read something like this about athletes/players I don't root for.
I'm sure Myles has already heard the lectures that might have even worked for a little while; but what's really behind the reason of needing a car that can reach the excessive speeds? He probably assured himself, "I don't do this all the time and there's not a lot of people on the road at 2:00 AM - let me remind myself 1 more time what it feels like to reach the speeds it's built for." Who knows? Former Pro Bowl DT Jerome Brown got killed driving his expensive sports car in the prime of his career. These young guys that make so much more $ than the people lecturing them probably feel too invincible to be a victim of an auto crash. I got a feeling there's a whole bunch more that aren't getting caught while some might have even talked their way out of a ticket or 2. These guys probably don't buy fast sports cars with an intention to maintain the speed limit 100% of the time.
I'm sure a lot of us even drove when we had too much to drink at least once when we were young and invincible. Long after our teens, my brother got killed in an auto accident. Nobody ever wants to think their next drive could end up with them being decapitated. At the time, he had just become a proud grandfather of 2 twin boys. I hate hearing about all this stuff but the sad thing is - it's never gonna go away. I don't even like to read something like this about athletes/players I don't root for.
I'm sure Myles has already heard the lectures that might have even worked for a little while; but what's really behind the reason of needing a car that can reach the excessive speeds? He probably assured himself, "I don't do this all the time and there's not a lot of people on the road at 2:00 AM - let me remind myself 1 more time what it feels like to reach the speeds it's built for." Who knows? Former Pro Bowl DT Jerome Brown got killed driving his expensive sports car in the prime of his career. These young guys that make so much more $ than the people lecturing them probably feel too invincible to be a victim of an auto crash. I got a feeling there's a whole bunch more that aren't getting caught while some might have even talked their way out of a ticket or 2. These guys probably don't buy fast sports cars with an intention to maintain the speed limit 100% of the time.
Sorry about your brother Tom. And I have to admit I used to drive my Honda VFR 800 motorcycle beyond the 70 or 75 mph limits a few times, even in my late 60's. My lucky break was a warning ticket for reckless endangerment, going 80 on an access road and crossing the double yellow line early to whoosh back onto the interstate in front of all the slowpokes who were too afraid to pass the DPS guy going 55 (I never saw him until his lights went up behind me?). He saw I had a veterans ID and worked for the VA upon questioning. His only question when handing me the warning ticket was if I always drove that thing like that. "No", I said grinning back, "It was just so hot back there on an August day I knew I could get off, pass the whole line and get back on two miles up the road with no stop signs along the way." I sure miss that damn bike. Best I ever owned and for sure fastest anything I ever owned.
-
I'm sure a lot of us even drove when we had too much to drink at least once when we were young and invincible. Long after our teens, my brother got killed in an auto accident. Nobody ever wants to think their next drive could end up with them being decapitated. At the time, he had just become a proud grandfather of 2 twin boys. I hate hearing about all this stuff but the sad thing is - it's never gonna go away. I don't even like to read something like this about athletes/players I don't root for.
I'm sure Myles has already heard the lectures that might have even worked for a little while; but what's really behind the reason of needing a car that can reach the excessive speeds? He probably assured himself, "I don't do this all the time and there's not a lot of people on the road at 2:00 AM - let me remind myself 1 more time what it feels like to reach the speeds it's built for." Who knows? Former Pro Bowl DT Jerome Brown got killed driving his expensive sports car in the prime of his career. These young guys that make so much more $ than the people lecturing them probably feel too invincible to be a victim of an auto crash. I got a feeling there's a whole bunch more that aren't getting caught while some might have even talked their way out of a ticket or 2. These guys probably don't buy fast sports cars with an intention to maintain the speed limit 100% of the time.
Sorry about your brother Tom. And I have to admit I used to drive my Honda VFR 800 motorcycle beyond the 70 or 75 mph limits a few times, even in my late 60's. My lucky break was a warning ticket for reckless endangerment, going 80 on an access road and crossing the double yellow line early to whoosh back onto the interstate in front of all the slowpokes who were too afraid to pass the DPS guy going 55 (I never saw him until his lights went up behind me?). He saw I had a veterans ID and worked for the VA upon questioning. His only question when handing me the warning ticket was if I always drove that thing like that. "No", I said grinning back, "It was just so hot back there on an August day I knew I could get off, pass the whole line and get back on two miles up the road with no stop signs along the way." I sure miss that damn bike. Best I ever owned and for sure fastest anything I ever owned.
Sorry about your brother Tom. And I have to admit I used to drive my Honda VFR 800 motorcycle beyond the 70 or 75 mph limits a few times, even in my late 60's. My lucky break was a warning ticket for reckless endangerment, going 80 on an access road and crossing the double yellow line early to whoosh back onto the interstate in front of all the slowpokes who were too afraid to pass the DPS guy going 55 (I never saw him until his lights went up behind me?). He saw I had a veterans ID and worked for the VA upon questioning. His only question when handing me the warning ticket was if I always drove that thing like that. "No", I said grinning back, "It was just so hot back there on an August day I knew I could get off, pass the whole line and get back on two miles up the road with no stop signs along the way." I sure miss that damn bike. Best I ever owned and for sure fastest anything I ever owned.
Thanks Aggies! That story got me laughing but it is a good thing you're not doing that any more. My brother's favorite saying that got my dad's skin crawling or doing aerobics was "DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!" Another one was "IT'S OKAY - IT'LL WORK OUT!" The sad thing for him was he couldn't wait to take the twins fishing after he moved 20 minutes from the 1000 Island. I always miss him this time of year.
-
Ya know!... I try not to let stuff like this get to me as a fan... I did my share of speeding when I was young.. But... There comes a time in a star athletes life where common sense has to take over.. Or at least better judgment should.. I don't want to make a big deal about this.. But at some point.. He has to realize that he is an "Investment"And that a team and the league is counting on him to perform and generate $$$$... But you would think after being in the league this long he would learn his lesson.. Didn't he already wreck a car or some shit? I mean... You only get so many opportunities in life...
I'm sure a lot of us even drove when we had too much to drink at least once when we were young and invincible. Long after our teens, my brother got killed in an auto accident. Nobody ever wants to think their next drive could end up with them being decapitated. At the time, he had just become a proud grandfather of 2 twin boys. I hate hearing about all this stuff but the sad thing is - it's never gonna go away. I don't even like to read something like this about athletes/players I don't root for.
I'm sure Myles has already heard the lectures that might have even worked for a little while; but what's really behind the reason of needing a car that can reach the excessive speeds? He probably assured himself, "I don't do this all the time and there's not a lot of people on the road at 2:00 AM - let me remind myself 1 more time what it feels like to reach the speeds it's built for." Who knows? Former Pro Bowl DT Jerome Brown got killed driving his expensive sports car in the prime of his career. These young guys that make so much more $ than the people lecturing them probably feel too invincible to be a victim of an auto crash. I got a feeling there's a whole bunch more that aren't getting caught while some might have even talked their way out of a ticket or 2. These guys probably don't buy fast sports cars with an intention to maintain the speed limit 100% of the time.
I'm sure a lot of us even drove when we had too much to drink at least once when we were young and invincible. Long after our teens, my brother got killed in an auto accident. Nobody ever wants to think their next drive could end up with them being decapitated. At the time, he had just become a proud grandfather of 2 twin boys. I hate hearing about all this stuff but the sad thing is - it's never gonna go away. I don't even like to read something like this about athletes/players I don't root for.
I'm sure Myles has already heard the lectures that might have even worked for a little while; but what's really behind the reason of needing a car that can reach the excessive speeds? He probably assured himself, "I don't do this all the time and there's not a lot of people on the road at 2:00 AM - let me remind myself 1 more time what it feels like to reach the speeds it's built for." Who knows? Former Pro Bowl DT Jerome Brown got killed driving his expensive sports car in the prime of his career. These young guys that make so much more $ than the people lecturing them probably feel too invincible to be a victim of an auto crash. I got a feeling there's a whole bunch more that aren't getting caught while some might have even talked their way out of a ticket or 2. These guys probably don't buy fast sports cars with an intention to maintain the speed limit 100% of the time.
Sorry for your loss man... I had a friend who bought the farm in similar fashion except.. He was riding his motorcycle down Waterloo drive by the rt 2 freeway in East Cleveland in the Grovewood/Collinwood area.. He was a great kid.. Full of life.. He would come over and watch me and a friend of ours do front porch guitar jams on hot summer nights.. We would drink cases of beer, Get drunk and laugh our asses off.. He was a blast.. We loved Little Ian like a brother.... Sadly he flipped his bike... His body got hurled 30 ft into the air after hitting a tree and got his head decapped.. The bike was totally wrecked ... If I remember right I think he had a Suzuki that we called "Rice Burners" back in the day... I miss that dude.. His father was from Scotland and It was always a trip to hear his thick Scottish accent.. And here I am having lived almost 3 quarters of a century thus far and remembering him... I wish these kids today thought with more clarity about the chances they take.. Done my share of boneheaded shit when I was young... Adventure is almost or about as dangerous as consuming drugs.. Took my share of risks... I'm lucky to be alive and talk about them... Don't know how.. or why.. But I have more lives than a damn cat..
-
I'm sure a lot of us even drove when we had too much to drink at least once when we were young and invincible. Long after our teens, my brother got killed in an auto accident. Nobody ever wants to think their next drive could end up with them being decapitated. At the time, he had just become a proud grandfather of 2 twin boys. I hate hearing about all this stuff but the sad thing is - it's never gonna go away. I don't even like to read something like this about athletes/players I don't root for.
I'm sure Myles has already heard the lectures that might have even worked for a little while; but what's really behind the reason of needing a car that can reach the excessive speeds? He probably assured himself, "I don't do this all the time and there's not a lot of people on the road at 2:00 AM - let me remind myself 1 more time what it feels like to reach the speeds it's built for." Who knows? Former Pro Bowl DT Jerome Brown got killed driving his expensive sports car in the prime of his career. These young guys that make so much more $ than the people lecturing them probably feel too invincible to be a victim of an auto crash. I got a feeling there's a whole bunch more that aren't getting caught while some might have even talked their way out of a ticket or 2. These guys probably don't buy fast sports cars with an intention to maintain the speed limit 100% of the time.
Sorry for your loss man... I had a friend who bought the farm in similar fashion except.. He was riding his motorcycle down Waterloo drive by the rt 2 freeway in East Cleveland in the Grovewood/Collinwood area.. He was a great kid.. Full of life.. He would come over and watch me and a friend of ours do front porch guitar jams on hot summer nights.. We would drink cases of beer, Get drunk and laugh our asses off.. He was a blast.. We loved Little Ian like a brother.... Sadly he flipped his bike... His body got hurled 30 ft into the air after hitting a tree and got his head decapped.. The bike was totally wrecked ... If I remember right I think he had a Suzuki that we called "Rice Burners" back in the day... I miss that dude.. His father was from Scotland and It was always a trip to hear his thick Scottish accent.. And here I am having lived almost 3 quarters of a century thus far and remembering him... I wish these kids today thought with more clarity about the chances they take.. Done my share of boneheaded shit when I was young... Adventure is almost or about as dangerous as consuming drugs.. Took my share of risks... I'm lucky to be alive and talk about them... Don't know how.. or why.. But I have more lives than a damn cat..
Sorry for your loss man... I had a friend who bought the farm in similar fashion except.. He was riding his motorcycle down Waterloo drive by the rt 2 freeway in East Cleveland in the Grovewood/Collinwood area.. He was a great kid.. Full of life.. He would come over and watch me and a friend of ours do front porch guitar jams on hot summer nights.. We would drink cases of beer, Get drunk and laugh our asses off.. He was a blast.. We loved Little Ian like a brother.... Sadly he flipped his bike... His body got hurled 30 ft into the air after hitting a tree and got his head decapped.. The bike was totally wrecked ... If I remember right I think he had a Suzuki that we called "Rice Burners" back in the day... I miss that dude.. His father was from Scotland and It was always a trip to hear his thick Scottish accent.. And here I am having lived almost 3 quarters of a century thus far and remembering him... I wish these kids today thought with more clarity about the chances they take.. Done my share of boneheaded shit when I was young... Adventure is almost or about as dangerous as consuming drugs.. Took my share of risks... I'm lucky to be alive and talk about them... Don't know how.. or why.. But I have more lives than a damn cat..
Thanks Nicks! I appreciate you saying that! It happened back in 2012 so as time lessened the sting it became more about the fun memories. That's too bad about your buddy - it sucks to lose friends or family. It's all part of getting old.
-
I sense a difference in Myles.
I expect after the season he will start demanding a trade again.
I sense a difference in Myles.
I expect after the season he will start demanding a trade again.
Then he probably shouldn't have had that no trade clause put in the contract he signed. Or even signed it cause the guaranteed money/dead cap impact means the team can't trade him for several years.
All.the trade stuff was simply to get the extension. It was his only leverage at that point. You see it every year with several players
-
Sorry for your loss man... I had a friend who bought the farm in similar fashion except.. He was riding his motorcycle down Waterloo drive by the rt 2 freeway in East Cleveland in the Grovewood/Collinwood area.. He was a great kid.. Full of life.. He would come over and watch me and a friend of ours do front porch guitar jams on hot summer nights.. We would drink cases of beer, Get drunk and laugh our asses off.. He was a blast.. We loved Little Ian like a brother.... Sadly he flipped his bike... His body got hurled 30 ft into the air after hitting a tree and got his head decapped.. The bike was totally wrecked ... If I remember right I think he had a Suzuki that we called "Rice Burners" back in the day... I miss that dude.. His father was from Scotland and It was always a trip to hear his thick Scottish accent.. And here I am having lived almost 3 quarters of a century thus far and remembering him... I wish these kids today thought with more clarity about the chances they take.. Done my share of boneheaded shit when I was young... Adventure is almost or about as dangerous as consuming drugs.. Took my share of risks... I'm lucky to be alive and talk about them... Don't know how.. or why.. But I have more lives than a damn cat..
Thanks Nicks! I appreciate you saying that! It happened back in 2012 so as time lessened the sting it became more about the fun memories. That's too bad about your buddy - it sucks to lose friends or family. It's all part of getting old.
Thanks Nicks! I appreciate you saying that! It happened back in 2012 so as time lessened the sting it became more about the fun memories. That's too bad about your buddy - it sucks to lose friends or family. It's all part of getting old.
Yeah... I have another friend who messed himself up pretty bad getting high on Crank.. Totalled his bike and wound up getting broken up real bad and half a paralyzed face for the rest of his life.. I wonder if he's still even around... If you ever saw the movie "School Daze" with Mathew Macchaunaghey.. Well that is exactly what Euclid High School was like.. It was one of those movies where I laughed and cried at the same time.. It was like the students at our High School was cross pollenated with "School Daze" and "The Breakfast Club" rolled into one... The names were different but the characters were the same... And I could relate to everyone of them.. I got along with everybody.. The Preppies,Jocks and the Stoners.. Found out a couple of years ago one of My preppie nerd friends offed himself.. That was heart breaking to hear... The kid was smart.. Well mannered and wouldn't hurt a fly.. Yet he wound up hurting himself.. I was a laid back easy going kid.. I always just went with the flow.. I hungout with people mostly older than i was .. roamed the streets all hours of the night.. Had some real eye opening experiences.. I had the trepidation to go places I probably didn't belong.. Like I said about adventure.. It can be alluring in ways you can't imagine... But I have no remorse. Always did things on my terms.... I should probably write a book someday... Gone to some of the most beautiful places in the world.. Wound up in some dangerous situations.. Experienced some of the funniest shit you ever heard of.... Played some really cool gigs.. Got to open up for Styx,Billy Squire and Bad Co.. And even at this stage in life.. I earned the respect of a few famous guitar players and other notable musicians local and internationally and I'm still meeting international recording stars and musicians at this stage in life.. Despite having battled health issues since I was born given a 50/50 % chance to live.. I would say I have been one lucky motherfucker! Even after just having surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a tumor on my bladder that thankfully turned out to be benign... I feel a sense of grace and gratitude to be alive today.. And for that I thank God..
-
Thanks Nicks! I appreciate you saying that! It happened back in 2012 so as time lessened the sting it became more about the fun memories. That's too bad about your buddy - it sucks to lose friends or family. It's all part of getting old.
Yeah... I have another friend who messed himself up pretty bad getting high on Crank.. Totalled his bike and wound up getting broken up real bad and half a paralyzed face for the rest of his life.. I wonder if he's still even around... If you ever saw the movie "School Daze" with Mathew Macchaunaghey.. Well that is exactly what Euclid High School was like.. It was one of those movies where I laughed and cried at the same time.. It was like the students at our High School was cross pollenated with "School Daze" and "The Breakfast Club" rolled into one... The names were different but the characters were the same... And I could relate to everyone of them.. I got along with everybody.. The Preppies,Jocks and the Stoners.. Found out a couple of years ago one of My preppie nerd friends offed himself.. That was heart breaking to hear... The kid was smart.. Well mannered and wouldn't hurt a fly.. Yet he wound up hurting himself.. I was a laid back easy going kid.. I always just went with the flow.. I hungout with people mostly older than i was .. roamed the streets all hours of the night.. Had some real eye opening experiences.. I had the trepidation to go places I probably didn't belong.. Like I said about adventure.. It can be alluring in ways you can't imagine... But I have no remorse. Always did things on my terms.... I should probably write a book someday... Gone to some of the most beautiful places in the world.. Wound up in some dangerous situations.. Experienced some of the funniest shit you ever heard of.... Played some really cool gigs.. Got to open up for Styx,Billy Squire and Bad Co.. And even at this stage in life.. I earned the respect of a few famous guitar players and other notable musicians local and internationally and I'm still meeting international recording stars and musicians at this stage in life.. Despite having battled health issues since I was born given a 50/50 % chance to live.. I would say I have been one lucky motherfucker! Even after just having surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a tumor on my bladder that thankfully turned out to be benign... I feel a sense of grace and gratitude to be alive today.. And for that I thank God..
Yeah... I have another friend who messed himself up pretty bad getting high on Crank.. Totalled his bike and wound up getting broken up real bad and half a paralyzed face for the rest of his life.. I wonder if he's still even around... If you ever saw the movie "School Daze" with Mathew Macchaunaghey.. Well that is exactly what Euclid High School was like.. It was one of those movies where I laughed and cried at the same time.. It was like the students at our High School was cross pollenated with "School Daze" and "The Breakfast Club" rolled into one... The names were different but the characters were the same... And I could relate to everyone of them.. I got along with everybody.. The Preppies,Jocks and the Stoners.. Found out a couple of years ago one of My preppie nerd friends offed himself.. That was heart breaking to hear... The kid was smart.. Well mannered and wouldn't hurt a fly.. Yet he wound up hurting himself.. I was a laid back easy going kid.. I always just went with the flow.. I hungout with people mostly older than i was .. roamed the streets all hours of the night.. Had some real eye opening experiences.. I had the trepidation to go places I probably didn't belong.. Like I said about adventure.. It can be alluring in ways you can't imagine... But I have no remorse. Always did things on my terms.... I should probably write a book someday... Gone to some of the most beautiful places in the world.. Wound up in some dangerous situations.. Experienced some of the funniest shit you ever heard of.... Played some really cool gigs.. Got to open up for Styx,Billy Squire and Bad Co.. And even at this stage in life.. I earned the respect of a few famous guitar players and other notable musicians local and internationally and I'm still meeting international recording stars and musicians at this stage in life.. Despite having battled health issues since I was born given a 50/50 % chance to live.. I would say I have been one lucky motherfucker! Even after just having surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a tumor on my bladder that thankfully turned out to be benign... I feel a sense of grace and gratitude to be alive today.. And for that I thank God..
Wow! Sad about your buddies; but that's good news about your health. Really cool to hear about your music talent/background. I never knew the extent beyond a hobby. Let's hope Myles straightens out on the road. If he's an adrenaline junkie as I suspect he is - there's video games he could afford that could provide a fix/endorphin rush.
IF certain veterans show-up with the right mind-set - this can be a fun season, Believe it or not, 85 was a fun season because it showed us what was starting to happen. Mack and Byner both exceeding 1000 yards on the ground apiece. Bernie stepped into his fate. Yeah, they only went 8-8; but it won the division. The whole turn around; and then they hired OC Lindy Infante right after that season. Game on man! It was exciting as a fan to know the Kardiac Kids were returning. I take it nobody at the Cleveland Clinic came up with that spelling...
-
Yeah... I have another friend who messed himself up pretty bad getting high on Crank.. Totalled his bike and wound up getting broken up real bad and half a paralyzed face for the rest of his life.. I wonder if he's still even around... If you ever saw the movie "School Daze" with Mathew Macchaunaghey.. Well that is exactly what Euclid High School was like.. It was one of those movies where I laughed and cried at the same time.. It was like the students at our High School was cross pollenated with "School Daze" and "The Breakfast Club" rolled into one... The names were different but the characters were the same... And I could relate to everyone of them.. I got along with everybody.. The Preppies,Jocks and the Stoners.. Found out a couple of years ago one of My preppie nerd friends offed himself.. That was heart breaking to hear... The kid was smart.. Well mannered and wouldn't hurt a fly.. Yet he wound up hurting himself.. I was a laid back easy going kid.. I always just went with the flow.. I hungout with people mostly older than i was .. roamed the streets all hours of the night.. Had some real eye opening experiences.. I had the trepidation to go places I probably didn't belong.. Like I said about adventure.. It can be alluring in ways you can't imagine... But I have no remorse. Always did things on my terms.... I should probably write a book someday... Gone to some of the most beautiful places in the world.. Wound up in some dangerous situations.. Experienced some of the funniest shit you ever heard of.... Played some really cool gigs.. Got to open up for Styx,Billy Squire and Bad Co.. And even at this stage in life.. I earned the respect of a few famous guitar players and other notable musicians local and internationally and I'm still meeting international recording stars and musicians at this stage in life.. Despite having battled health issues since I was born given a 50/50 % chance to live.. I would say I have been one lucky motherfucker! Even after just having surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a tumor on my bladder that thankfully turned out to be benign... I feel a sense of grace and gratitude to be alive today.. And for that I thank God..
Wow! Sad about your buddies; but that's good news about your health. Really cool to hear about your music talent/background. I never knew the extent beyond a hobby. Let's hope Myles straightens out on the road. If he's an adrenaline junkie as I suspect he is - there's video games he could afford that could provide a fix/endorphin rush.
IF certain veterans show-up with the right mind-set - this can be a fun season, Believe it or not, 85 was a fun season because it showed us what was starting to happen. Mack and Byner both exceeding 1000 yards on the ground apiece. Bernie stepped into his fate. Yeah, they only went 8-8; but it won the division. The whole turn around; and then they hired OC Lindy Infante right after that season. Game on man! It was exciting as a fan to know the Kardiac Kids were returning. I take it nobody at the Cleveland Clinic came up with that spelling...
Wow! Sad about your buddies; but that's good news about your health. Really cool to hear about your music talent/background. I never knew the extent beyond a hobby. Let's hope Myles straightens out on the road. If he's an adrenaline junkie as I suspect he is - there's video games he could afford that could provide a fix/endorphin rush.
My daughter and I need to dig out our old skydiving gear and pay a visit to Myles. We can get him into outright legal speeds of 120 to 200 mph (flat vs head first down) and all the adrenaline he can handle. I was good at it, but she was on a National Champ 4 person team. Both of us had sport skydiving jumpmasters licences. ???
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login