2025 Must Win Games
-
I think you’ve done a post like this the last few years Orion and l appreciate it, but the season is messy especially for us Browns fans. You pegged 8 games here as “must win” but it’s a 17 game schedule. That’s a losing record.
If the question is “must win” games, l’m pretty sure it’s more than 8.
You pegged 8 games here as “must win” but it’s a 17 game schedule. That’s a losing record.
Sure is. That can't be the goal right?
( I appreciate your post ) HERE's my thinking in a nutshell:
1) Beat the teams you're supposed to beat. ( this year = 6 wins)
2) Play 50/50 against your division rivals. ( 3 wins )
3) Play 50/50 against everyone else. ( this year = 5 games. if we win 2 of 'em we have 11 wins)
Now, when we turn our TV's on at 1:00 on a Sunday, we, like the players, want to win no matter where any opponent is categorized.
I think that the first area to improve upon would be the divisional games. The goal is to qualify for the playoffs, but winning your division is a better way to do that. --- Can we do the above? Well, if we can't beat the bottom feeders of the league, then, well, 'nuff said.
-
You pegged 8 games here as “must win” but it’s a 17 game schedule. That’s a losing record.
Sure is. That can't be the goal right?
( I appreciate your post ) HERE's my thinking in a nutshell:
1) Beat the teams you're supposed to beat. ( this year = 6 wins)
2) Play 50/50 against your division rivals. ( 3 wins )
3) Play 50/50 against everyone else. ( this year = 5 games. if we win 2 of 'em we have 11 wins)
Now, when we turn our TV's on at 1:00 on a Sunday, we, like the players, want to win no matter where any opponent is categorized.
I think that the first area to improve upon would be the divisional games. The goal is to qualify for the playoffs, but winning your division is a better way to do that. --- Can we do the above? Well, if we can't beat the bottom feeders of the league, then, well, 'nuff said.
I think that the first area to improve upon would be the divisional games. The goal is to qualify for the playoffs, but winning your division is a better way to do that. --- Can we do the above? Well, if we can't beat the bottom feeders of the league, then, well, 'nuff said.
Yep. One thing Stefanski does well compared to our previous coaches is win in the division. Hopefully that continues.
-
I sincerely admire your optimism, and I don't mean for that to come off like an asshole at all.
The over/under in Vegas most of the year has been 4.5, and I think that's pretty accurate. Jets, Raiders, Bears, Patriots, and Titans are all there potentially and getting +/- 2 or 3 wins in the division would be my guess. I'd actually bet the over, but I think the ceiling for this year is 6-11. On top of being in a tough division, drawing the NFC North is brutal as all of those teams have a case for being playoff caliber. I obviously hope I'm wrong, but we shall see.
-
I sincerely admire your optimism, and I don't mean for that to come off like an asshole at all.
The over/under in Vegas most of the year has been 4.5, and I think that's pretty accurate. Jets, Raiders, Bears, Patriots, and Titans are all there potentially and getting +/- 2 or 3 wins in the division would be my guess. I'd actually bet the over, but I think the ceiling for this year is 6-11. On top of being in a tough division, drawing the NFC North is brutal as all of those teams have a case for being playoff caliber. I obviously hope I'm wrong, but we shall see.
I'd actually bet the over, but I think the ceiling for this year is 6-11. On top of being in a tough division, drawing the NFC North is brutal as all of those teams have a case for being playoff caliber. I obviously hope I'm wrong, but we shall see.
We will know quite a bit early on obviously. Three games vs the NFC North, Cincy, Rats, & Steelers before the BYE.
I think the Browns win the game in London vs Minnesota. We'll all be giddy before 1pm on a Sunday??
-
I’ve taken over 4.5 wins.
Bengals, Packers and Vikings all winnable. I think we are 2-1 in that stint of games
Jets, Dolphins, Titans, Raiders. 3-1 or 2-2
that leaves us at the mark or needing just one more along the way.
oline and dline staying healthy are the key. We have playmakers at every level on defense. Sneaky deep in skilled position players. Ceiling 8 wins the floor 5
-
I sincerely admire your optimism, and I don't mean for that to come off like an asshole at all.
The over/under in Vegas most of the year has been 4.5, and I think that's pretty accurate. Jets, Raiders, Bears, Patriots, and Titans are all there potentially and getting +/- 2 or 3 wins in the division would be my guess. I'd actually bet the over, but I think the ceiling for this year is 6-11. On top of being in a tough division, drawing the NFC North is brutal as all of those teams have a case for being playoff caliber. I obviously hope I'm wrong, but we shall see.
I sincerely admire your optimism
This thread isn't a record prediction thread. Dutch will be doing that. It's more of a roadmap to a possible playoff appearance. I don't know what our record will be. Frankly, I think we could be 0-5 when the Steelers come into Cleveland. Of course, I hope not.
-
I sincerely admire your optimism
This thread isn't a record prediction thread. Dutch will be doing that. It's more of a roadmap to a possible playoff appearance. I don't know what our record will be. Frankly, I think we could be 0-5 when the Steelers come into Cleveland. Of course, I hope not.
This thread isn't a record prediction thread. Dutch will be doing that.
Yep, it's coming.
And I predict it is going to be the zaniest Dutch's Browns Questions ever. This upcoming season is such a question mark, and I'm still trying to figure out how to properly come up with questions that will fit with what should be a very interesting season. Perhaps not terribly successful, but definitely interesting.
-
This thread isn't a record prediction thread. Dutch will be doing that.
Yep, it's coming.
And I predict it is going to be the zaniest Dutch's Browns Questions ever. This upcoming season is such a question mark, and I'm still trying to figure out how to properly come up with questions that will fit with what should be a very interesting season. Perhaps not terribly successful, but definitely interesting.
Yep, it's coming.
And I'll wait until the final 53 (including additions/drops after initial 53) to answer anything.?
-
Yep, it's coming.
And I'll wait until the final 53 (including additions/drops after initial 53) to answer anything.?
And I'll wait until the final 53 (including additions/drops after initial 53) to answer anything.?
I'll post them a week before the opener
-
And I'll wait until the final 53 (including additions/drops after initial 53) to answer anything.?
I'll post them a week before the opener
I'll post them a week before the opener
I think Aggies' predictions from last year eventually surfaced on the side of a milk carton.
-
Yep, it's coming.
And I'll wait until the final 53 (including additions/drops after initial 53) to answer anything.?
And I'll wait until the final 53 (including additions/drops after initial 53) to answer anything.?
Yes! 'Cause those bottom 5 spots on the roster can make or break our season.
Me, I wanna see how our starters do against the Rams backups.
-
And I'll wait until the final 53 (including additions/drops after initial 53) to answer anything.?
Yes! 'Cause those bottom 5 spots on the roster can make or break our season.
Me, I wanna see how our starters do against the Rams backups.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login