Skip to content

53 Man Roster Projections

The Browns Board
72 15 1.4k
  • @orion said:

    That's what my wife drives.  

    Mine too... and so do I ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Mine too... and so do I ?

    My daily driver is now a Mazda CX-5.  So, much like a Crosstrek.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Mine too... and so do I ?

    I was told only Lesbians drive Subbys. You're truly one of a kind. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    I was told only Lesbians drive Subbys. You're truly one of a kind. 

    They all must live on the front range in Colorado then. Denver has the highest selling dealership in the country because they are so great on hills with deep snow. My daughter took my wife's previous Outback (that she crashed a year ago) and said it did so well going up a 30% slope with 10 inches of snow to their rental place for skiing that she came back and bought herself an Ascent. I convinced her to replace the totaled Outback with the slightly shorter wheelbase Crosstrek because it would be even better in Estes Park where we visit my brother in wintertime sometimes. Damn thing is as good as a Jeep for steep hilly climbing because it transfers power to any wheel not spinning.

  • Yeah, you can't beat the AWD in snowy conditions.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Or my wife's AWD Subaru Crosstrek

    That's what my wife drives.  

    ------

    we've signed T Thayer Munford Jr. to the active roster from New England’s practice squad, and placed T Dawand Jones on injured reserve

    @orion said:

    That's what my wife drives.  

    ------

    we've signed T Thayer Munford Jr. to the active roster from New England’s practice squad, and placed T Dawand Jones on injured reserve

    Ouch!  3 years in a row for the Big Feller!   The 2 Offensive Tackles Andrew Berry drafted were Jed Wills and Dawand Jones.  The same year he drafted Wills in 2020 - he signed FA RT Jack Conklin and your buddy Flugel had a champagne celebration over it. Believe it or not, I thought Wills had a very promising start and Conklin stayed healthy that entire year punctuated with a post season victory at Pittsburgh with 48 points on the scoreboard for the winning team! There's been a lot of bad luck and misfortune with injuries to Conklin and Wills since then.  And then came what looked to be a 4th round steal via Jones until his 1st training camp when he stepped on the scale and it said "ONE AT A TIME!"  He also had the same problems staying healthy.  Understanding all of this, with Conklin's frequency of injuries - was it wise to offer him a hefty 4 year contract extension in late December of 2022?  One thought I had was there's a rookie salary cap where any picks between rounds 1 to 3 could be less expensive BUT THE WATSON TRADE SUBTRACTED any such consideration.  We're finally past the loss of early draft picks from that trade so maybe now they can start to build a future for the edges of our OL. 

    Right now, pass protection on the edges while Flacco's processor at reading his progressions feels like it's going at the speed of park - handcuffs the passing game.  Not only that, when opponents know the strength of our OL is from LG to RG - it limits where the Browns want to run the ball to the extent the opponent is well prepared for the predictable.   This is what goes on underneath all of the whining about Stefanski and/or the playing calling.  In a perfect world, you don't want to be the one counting on more pawns than attack pieces when your opponent has the better blend over 60 minutes.  JMO, this type of situation makes the coaches and players the symptoms not the illness. Sorry for the length of rant...

  • The Browns shared the update through their official channels on Friday, saying that Jones underwent successful surgery.

    “T Dawand Jones underwent successful surgery yesterday to repair a Lateral Colateral Ligament (LCL) tear and hamstring avulsion suffered on Sunday. A full recovery is expected for the 2026 season,” the Browns announced.

  • The Browns shared the update through their official channels on Friday, saying that Jones underwent successful surgery.

    “T Dawand Jones underwent successful surgery yesterday to repair a Lateral Colateral Ligament (LCL) tear and hamstring avulsion suffered on Sunday. A full recovery is expected for the 2026 season,” the Browns announced.

    @orion said:

    The Browns shared the update through their official channels on Friday, saying that Jones underwent successful surgery.

    “T Dawand Jones underwent successful surgery yesterday to repair a Lateral Colateral Ligament (LCL) tear and hamstring avulsion suffered on Sunday. A full recovery is expected for the 2026 season,” the Browns announced.

    If I were the Browns I would go into this coming off season with the goal of obtaining two starting tackles. 

    Conklin is gone after this season, and Jones will be entering his last season of his rookie contract in 2026. You simply cannot depend on Jones, let him be your #3 tackle in '26. 

  • @orion said:

    The Browns shared the update through their official channels on Friday, saying that Jones underwent successful surgery.

    “T Dawand Jones underwent successful surgery yesterday to repair a Lateral Colateral Ligament (LCL) tear and hamstring avulsion suffered on Sunday. A full recovery is expected for the 2026 season,” the Browns announced.

    If I were the Browns I would go into this coming off season with the goal of obtaining two starting tackles. 

    Conklin is gone after this season, and Jones will be entering his last season of his rookie contract in 2026. You simply cannot depend on Jones, let him be your #3 tackle in '26. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    If I were the Browns I would go into this coming off season with the goal of obtaining two starting tackles. 

    Conklin is gone after this season, and Jones will be entering his last season of his rookie contract in 2026. You simply cannot depend on Jones, let him be your #3 tackle in '26. 

    With injuries they need 3 tackles

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If I were the Browns I would go into this coming off season with the goal of obtaining two starting tackles. 

    Conklin is gone after this season, and Jones will be entering his last season of his rookie contract in 2026. You simply cannot depend on Jones, let him be your #3 tackle in '26. 

    With injuries they need 3 tackles

    @marvin-the-martian said:

    With injuries they need 3 tackles

    Or 5... 6. 

  • @marvin-the-martian said:

    With injuries they need 3 tackles

    Or 5... 6. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Or 5... 6. 

    And a guard to replace Bitonio. Draft an all offensive linemen draft in 2026. Or sacrifice the 2 rookie QBs and any other they bring in to "The jitters" Caused by lack of a real pocket. You know, kind of like it is now.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Or 5... 6. 

    And a guard to replace Bitonio. Draft an all offensive linemen draft in 2026. Or sacrifice the 2 rookie QBs and any other they bring in to "The jitters" Caused by lack of a real pocket. You know, kind of like it is now.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And a guard to replace Bitonio. Draft an all offensive linemen draft in 2026. Or sacrifice the 2 rookie QBs and any other they bring in to "The jitters" Caused by lack of a real pocket. You know, kind of like it is now.

    I thought Zak Zinter was going to be a guy who would replace Bitonio or Teller when Bitonio retires or the Browns allow Teller to walk after his contract runs out.

    He's been a healthy scratch for the first three games I believe. He's been a swing and a miss. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And a guard to replace Bitonio. Draft an all offensive linemen draft in 2026. Or sacrifice the 2 rookie QBs and any other they bring in to "The jitters" Caused by lack of a real pocket. You know, kind of like it is now.

    I thought Zak Zinter was going to be a guy who would replace Bitonio or Teller when Bitonio retires or the Browns allow Teller to walk after his contract runs out.

    He's been a healthy scratch for the first three games I believe. He's been a swing and a miss. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He's been a swing and a miss.

    How many strikes are we up to with the OL?

  • @orion said:

    The Browns shared the update through their official channels on Friday, saying that Jones underwent successful surgery.

    “T Dawand Jones underwent successful surgery yesterday to repair a Lateral Colateral Ligament (LCL) tear and hamstring avulsion suffered on Sunday. A full recovery is expected for the 2026 season,” the Browns announced.

    If I were the Browns I would go into this coming off season with the goal of obtaining two starting tackles. 

    Conklin is gone after this season, and Jones will be entering his last season of his rookie contract in 2026. You simply cannot depend on Jones, let him be your #3 tackle in '26. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    If I were the Browns I would go into this coming off season with the goal of obtaining two starting tackles. 

    Conklin is gone after this season, and Jones will be entering his last season of his rookie contract in 2026. You simply cannot depend on Jones, let him be your #3 tackle in '26. 

    In 2022 he was extended through 2026; but I'll double-check that hoping you're right. He was extended through 2026 BUT because of you - I found this:

    image.png.230390370a114d440f17a53893dc8bd8.png

    In other words, well done Dutch - Pay attention Flugel...  Whoa! I'm not as excited about that as I thought I'd be...

    Anyway, in case anyone is wondering how Conklin leaves a game due to an eye injury but he can't return to play any football since because of an elbow injury - DREW ROSENHAUS is his agent.  This is an Agent that has had the attitude he won't allow any of his clients to risk injury playing for any Cleveland Browns teams going nowhere on his watch; especially when the next calendar year is now open to any 1 of 32 NFL teams desperate for an OT.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And a guard to replace Bitonio. Draft an all offensive linemen draft in 2026. Or sacrifice the 2 rookie QBs and any other they bring in to "The jitters" Caused by lack of a real pocket. You know, kind of like it is now.

    I thought Zak Zinter was going to be a guy who would replace Bitonio or Teller when Bitonio retires or the Browns allow Teller to walk after his contract runs out.

    He's been a healthy scratch for the first three games I believe. He's been a swing and a miss. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I thought Zak Zinter was going to be a guy who would replace Bitonio or Teller when Bitonio retires or the Browns allow Teller to walk after his contract runs out.

    He's been a healthy scratch for the first three games I believe. He's been a swing and a miss. 

    Hopefully Zinter is one of those guys that just takes longer to develop and he's able to meet the expectation next year.  He did have a really serious lower leg injury as late in the season as the Ohio State Game. Therefore, I understood why he was not at the same level he was pre-injury even though he was medically cleared to play again.  The 2nd year he was only a little bit better.  This pre-season I pointed out his 1 mental mistake in pass pro but that same game he settled in and played good after that.  Another young lineman at Center is former Buckeye and 6th round draft pick Luke Wypler who suffered a season ending injury in the pre-season last year.  This year, Wypler has looked REAL good whenever and wherever he's played.  If, for some reason we don't get Bitonio and Teller back next year, I think Wypler and Zinter or Jenkins will be ready to step up.  If we also lose Pocic at Center, Wypler is ready to rock. Then we have Teven Jenkins and Zak Zinter ready at OG. 

    Offensive Tackle remains a joke here and they'll blow it off again next year.  If Cam Robinson was capable of helping anybody in the same conference Houston plays in - would they only be giving him up for a late round draft pick? If anyone watched the NFC Wildcard Game between the Vikings and Rams this past January - the Rams sacked Darnold 9 times.  Not saying it was Cam Robinson's fault - but they didn't usually give up that many sacks before Starting LT Christian Darrisaw was injured and replaced so it was at least coincidental... 

  • Tillman to IR.  🙁  He just has not been much help.