Skip to content

The Steelers of 2009 ???

The Browns Board
18 9 1.5k
  • I think they might be missing polamnu (however you spell his name), he was their main Defensive player and they are 0-2 without him in their lineup.

    D d531 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    suns said:

    I think they might be missing polamnu (however you spell his name),

    I thinks it spelled "pileamanure".

  • suns said:

    I think they might be missing polamnu (however you spell his name), he was their main Defensive player and they are 0-2 without him in their lineup.

    Fair enough but what abut the lack of offense?

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @magoo said:

    Fair enough but what abut the lack of offense?

    Lack of Offense is more a lack of a Running game as we were 7th in Passing Offense last week. But we need to FINISH DRIVES. Maybe this year will not be ours. Far from over though.

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #9

    why is arians under fire after this week? it's the defenses fault that the steelers lost. why is everyone picking on him?

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Formerly Stone said:

    Just like browns fan sees things that another fan watching the Browns may not pick up on, we have watched Arians suck for a painfully long time now and maybe we find ways to blame him for our dog getting run over. The bottom line is that we would have continued to run Parker outside and make a few high percentage passes the Bengals O would not have had the chance.

    And I'm not ready to fault the D, they were obviously told to play the scheme they did, and while I can never say anything bad about LaBeau, we all know Palmer sucks under pressure.......the D stopped pressuring him!

    Arians sucks!

    U wanna exchange Daboll for Arians ? It will be soooo much fun .... trust me.

  • 82OZZIE828 82OZZIE82 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    The Steeler lost game 2 because of 2 missed field goals. Notice Mike Tomlin didn't go off on Jeff Reed like Jim Mora Jr did on Olindo Mare. Steelers lost game 3 because of a dropped td pass perfectly thrown by Rapelisberger. Jeff Reed missed another field goal as well. Steelers are unfortunately fine.

  • why is arians under fire after this week? it's the defenses fault that the steelers lost. why is everyone picking on him?

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    why is arians under fire after this week? it's the defenses fault that the steelers lost. why is everyone picking on him?

    now I know You guys haven't won in awhile. But Come on... The D didnt finish , but The Offense should have Put that game away on he Prior Possession. Ariens BAD... Half of our Best plays are stuff the Ben Improvises.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    Just like browns fan sees things that another fan watching the Browns may not pick up on, we have watched Arians suck for a painfully long time now and maybe we find ways to blame him for our dog getting run over. The bottom line is that we would have continued to run Parker outside and make a few high percentage passes the Bengals O would not have had the chance.

    And I'm not ready to fault the D, they were obviously told to play the scheme they did, and while I can never say anything bad about LaBeau, we all know Palmer sucks under pressure.......the D stopped pressuring him!

    Arians sucks!

    U wanna exchange Daboll for Arians ? It will be soooo much fun .... trust me.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @brownindian said:

    U wanna exchange Daboll for Arians ? It will be soooo much fun .... trust me.

    we will Pass On him too...lol.

  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    JosephSixpack said:

    What he said.

    No scoring probs, Sweed catches that ball the Steelers put up 27. Add in the inexcusable miss from close in, it's 30. Then nobody's talking about Troy Pola.

    The Bengals aren't that good. Andersen could put up 3 TDs on them Sunday.

    IF... and close only counts in Horseshoes !

    And we have Known Areins sucks for 2 yrs. Who will soon forget the Bubble Sweep By Ben to try and pick upa short 1st down in that Loss to JAX,, Go to OUR Boards and its been a Running Thread or Threads on this topic forever,

  • JosephSixpack said:

    What he said.

    No scoring probs, Sweed catches that ball the Steelers put up 27. Add in the inexcusable miss from close in, it's 30. Then nobody's talking about Troy Pola.

    The Bengals aren't that good. Andersen could put up 3 TDs on them Sunday.

    IF... and close only counts in Horseshoes !

    And we have Known Areins sucks for 2 yrs. Who will soon forget the Bubble Sweep By Ben to try and pick upa short 1st down in that Loss to JAX,, Go to OUR Boards and its been a Running Thread or Threads on this topic forever,

    ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #15

    FREAKofSTEEL08 said:

    IF... and close only counts in Horseshoes !

    hand grenades too.

  • FREAKofSTEEL08 said:

    IF... and close only counts in Horseshoes !

    hand grenades too.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    hand grenades too.

    LOL... Very true... But if its a Frag... You might Still be hurting.

  • D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I heard rumors that the locker room is quitting on Tomlin. i know sometimes players need discipline, but this is ridiculous! Tomlin bashes Mendalhall for a work ethic problem and then proceeds to bash Sweed. I know for you steeler fans, that Sweed did drop the ball. Now I do know that it didn't help, but I do know that your defense is taking a huge hit. The pass rush is not there or not as existent as last year. Secondary is getting weaker by the day. And the DL is getting older. Now I am not bashing your team, I am simply stating facts. These are still very good players.

  • I heard rumors that the locker room is quitting on Tomlin. i know sometimes players need discipline, but this is ridiculous! Tomlin bashes Mendalhall for a work ethic problem and then proceeds to bash Sweed. I know for you steeler fans, that Sweed did drop the ball. Now I do know that it didn't help, but I do know that your defense is taking a huge hit. The pass rush is not there or not as existent as last year. Secondary is getting weaker by the day. And the DL is getting older. Now I am not bashing your team, I am simply stating facts. These are still very good players.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @dawgpound3 said:

    I heard rumors that the locker room is quitting on Tomlin. i know sometimes players need discipline, but this is ridiculous! Tomlin bashes Mendalhall for a work ethic problem and then proceeds to bash Sweed. I know for you steeler fans, that Sweed did drop the ball. Now I do know that it didn't help, but I do know that your defense is taking a huge hit. The pass rush is not there or not as existent as last year. Secondary is getting weaker by the day. And the DL is getting older. Now I am not bashing your team, I am simply stating facts. These are still very good players.

    Reloading has begun.. but Its gonna Take time. For now The D still DOMINATED that game until PREVENT D was rolled out there. Good enough to still win games,However not as Intimidating. Our Offense Has to start Finishing that will lighten the Load on the D. The Passing game is Up an notch, running game will be ok but not spectacualr in the long run. So we are not done yet. Agree on the secondary as being a Problem the only answer there is better pressure. 3 games in so no need to worry yet. Now if we lose to SD and then Trip in one of the 2 games that follows , Yikes !