Skip to content

The 2026 NFL DRAFT QB derby watch!

The Browns Board
311 22 7.4k 2
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Manning is a junior. He arrived at UT for the 2023 season. 

    "Have a nice day" 

    of course he is a junior. You just realized that?

    come on.

    R Reality wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    of course he is a junior. You just realized that?

    come on.

    But you're the one who said he was a sophomore..   

  • @calfoxwc said:

    of course he is a junior. You just realized that?

    come on.

    But you're the one who said he was a sophomore..   

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @reality said:

    But you're the one who said he was a sophomore..   

    Truth doesn't matter in unrealityland.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    of course he is a junior. You just realized that?

    come on.

    But you're the one who said he was a sophomore..   

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @reality said:

    But you're the one who said he was a sophomore..   

    I have so much experience arguing with Cal that I can give you his response "Are you telling me this guy was never a sophomore?"

  • A AP1

    @flugel said:

    This rookie class might save his job; but if we factored in the high round picks he gave up for Watson it's still not enough IMO.  How does a guy that worked for Howie Roseman at Philly not understand what Roseman has done at Offensive Line to make Jalen Hurts more successful at QB in Philly than he was at Bama.  It all starts with these draft picks on the OL:  6th rd C Jason Kelce 2011, 1st rd OT Lane Johnson in 2013, 7th rd OT Jordan Mailata 2018, 2nd rd OG Landon Dickerson 2021, 2nd rd C Cam Jurgens 2022, 3rd rd OG Tyler Steen 2023.

    The ONLY starting Offensive Linemen Andrew Berry drafted for the Browns is 4th rd OT Dawand Jones 2023 (on his 3rd consecutive IR).  The other previous starting OL Berry drafted was 1st rd OT Jed Wills 2020 (currently not employed in the NFL)  The Browns have been unable to find any keepers at QB the way Philly did with Hurts in rd 2 of the 2020 draft... In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, and 2025 - has he had enough chances to do better?  I'm gonna say yes with a great deal of confidence...  Does this guy watch ANY film?  I bet Howie Roseman does...

    I agree with everything you said, and I'll also give credit where it's due - Jeff Stoutland.

    He's the best OL in the NFL.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @ap1 said:

    I agree with everything you said, and I'll also give credit where it's due - Jeff Stoutland.

    He's the best OL in the NFL.

    That being the case - here you go AP

  • @calfoxwc said:

    of course he is a junior. You just realized that?

    come on.

    But you're the one who said he was a sophomore..   

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    @reality said:

    But you're the one who said he was a sophomore..   

    No, I did not. 

    I said "Your Manning superstar isn't listed in the top five here. And ended with a "."

    THEN, I said

    "Sophomore's can't get drafted, so.....have a nice day.".

    Two different points on the list of qb's. I said Manning was not listed. He wasn't. AND I also said Sophomores can't be drafted, referring to the sophs in the list.

    Sellers is a Sophomore, Nussmeier is a senior, Leavitt - sophomore, Klubnik - senior, Allar - Senior.

    Here is the list again:

    Miller

    1. LaNorris Sellers, South Carolina
    2. Garrett Nussmeier, LSU
    3. Sam Leavitt, Arizona State
    4. Cade Klubnik, Clemson
    5. Drew Allar, Penn State

    ********************************

    So, a "." at the end of a sentence ends that sentence.

    Have a nice day.

  • @reality said:

    But you're the one who said he was a sophomore..   

    No, I did not. 

    I said "Your Manning superstar isn't listed in the top five here. And ended with a "."

    THEN, I said

    "Sophomore's can't get drafted, so.....have a nice day.".

    Two different points on the list of qb's. I said Manning was not listed. He wasn't. AND I also said Sophomores can't be drafted, referring to the sophs in the list.

    Sellers is a Sophomore, Nussmeier is a senior, Leavitt - sophomore, Klubnik - senior, Allar - Senior.

    Here is the list again:

    Miller

    1. LaNorris Sellers, South Carolina
    2. Garrett Nussmeier, LSU
    3. Sam Leavitt, Arizona State
    4. Cade Klubnik, Clemson
    5. Drew Allar, Penn State

    ********************************

    So, a "." at the end of a sentence ends that sentence.

    Have a nice day.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    No, I did not. 

    I said "Your Manning superstar isn't listed in the top five here. And ended with a "."

    THEN, I said

    "Sophomore's can't get drafted, so.....have a nice day.".

    Two different points on the list of qb's. I said Manning was not listed. He wasn't. AND I also said Sophomores can't be drafted, referring to the sophs in the list.

    Sellers is a Sophomore, Nussmeier is a senior, Leavitt - sophomore, Klubnik - senior, Allar - Senior.

    Here is the list again:

    Miller

    1. LaNorris Sellers, South Carolina
    2. Garrett Nussmeier, LSU
    3. Sam Leavitt, Arizona State
    4. Cade Klubnik, Clemson
    5. Drew Allar, Penn State

    ********************************

    So, a "." at the end of a sentence ends that sentence.

    Have a nice day.

    This is what cal said and without starting a new paragraph the two sentences are concurrent. 

    "Your Manning superstar isn't listed in the top five here. Sophomore's can't get drafted, so.....have a nice day." 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    This is a video that kind of ties Penn State's issues and Drew Allar's issues together. Safe to say they aren't a big fan of either's ability to ever be great. 

  • This is a video that kind of ties Penn State's issues and Drew Allar's issues together. Safe to say they aren't a big fan of either's ability to ever be great. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    This is a video that kind of ties Penn State's issues and Drew Allar's issues together. Safe to say they aren't a big fan of either's ability to ever be great. 

    Nothing's impossible so look on the bright side Cal.

    At least he wants to be good.  I can almost hear him from here "I think I can, I think I can. I think I can." 

    He's all set!  

  • @flugel having a blast up here, our 2nd time camping at Keuka Lake SP ( first time was 2017). My youngest son & his wife joined us, we arrived last Thursday, leaving tomorrow to Seneca Rocks, WV.  Trip map below lol we are lucky to be able to do this 

    The Finger Lakes are a great visit. Discover America!!

    We hit up a few wineries, played a little golf, watched college & NFL at the campground....fall trips are the best for camping IMHO.

    Our furthest point will be down at Brazos Bend State Park in Texas, about an hour from my oldest son's house in Houston.

    Screenshot_20250929-135740.png

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    @flugel having a blast up here, our 2nd time camping at Keuka Lake SP ( first time was 2017). My youngest son & his wife joined us, we arrived last Thursday, leaving tomorrow to Seneca Rocks, WV.  Trip map below lol we are lucky to be able to do this 

    The Finger Lakes are a great visit. Discover America!!

    We hit up a few wineries, played a little golf, watched college & NFL at the campground....fall trips are the best for camping IMHO.

    Our furthest point will be down at Brazos Bend State Park in Texas, about an hour from my oldest son's house in Houston.

    Screenshot_20250929-135740.png

    Hard to tell on pin 5 but that is near my neck of the woods in Chattanooga.    Maybe Cloudland Canyon in NW Ga.  Maybe Guntersville in NE Alabama?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I was just fucking with you. 

    And no, there isn't.    

    I disagree, just had cataract surgery on both eyes, a few weeks apart, now I see the most vibrant colors, and the focus is awesome. And I focus on Allar's good points. lol

    Interesting read: (note: the article compares Allar to Flacco)

    https://nflmocks.com/drew-allar-qb-penn-state-nittany-lions-2026-nfl-scouting-report-draft-projections-01k5k4mbab69

    Drew Allar NFL Draft profile

    • Position: Quarterback
    • Height/Weight: 6-5, 235 lbs
    • Hometown: Medina, OH
    • 40-yard Dash: 4.90 seconds (unofficial)
    • 2025 Stats (Regular Season): 763 passing yards, 6 TD, 2 INT, 62.8 Comp. % (*through Week 5)
    • Career Stats: 7,065 passing yards, 59 TD, 12 INT, 62.9 Comp %

    Strengths:

    • Prototypical size for a quarterback at 6-foot-5, 240 pounds.
    • Arm strength talent which allows him to throw from multiple arm slot, gets the ball down the field with power, velocity.
    • Great vision sees the entire field well, able to work throw progressions.
    • Good decision making and ball security, protects the ball when pressured.
    • Not known for his athleticism, but able to move smoothly and manipulate the pocket.
    • Plays with toughness and competitiveness, shows great leadership ability.
    • Ability to extend plays with his awareness, fearless in absorbing hits.
    • Throws the ball with accuracy, touch and timing with his passes.

    Weaknesses:

    • Still needs to work on accuracy and efficiency while on the run, although improving.
    • Can work on his footwork and mechanics when under pressure.
    • Emotions can get the best of him, especially in big games.
    • Tendency to hold the ball too long, which leads to poor decision making.
    • Too much reliance on his arm strength.

    NFL pro comparison:

    In his scouting report of Allar, NFL media analyst Daniel Jeremiah sees a combination of two NFL quarterbacks in the Penn State quarterback.  In admiration of his big arm talent in driving the ball down the field, Jeremiah also acknowledges his flaws in revealing his NFL pro comparison.

    He writes:

    “My first thought was Kerry Collins, who also spent his college career at Penn State before spending 17 seasons in the NFL. They are big, strong-armed passers with similar athleticism. However, the more I thought about it, the more Allar reminded me of Joe Flacco. Allar and Flacco both make drive throws look so effortless, and when given some space, they can collect yards on the ground. Neither guy is ultra sudden or dynamic, but they find ways to occasionally extend plays and deliver accurate throws on the move. They both prefer to read top to bottom, and they're always on the lookout for shots to present themselves. Another thing they have in common is the streaky nature of their play. Both guys can string together some impressive throws, but they can also make a few head-scratchers.”

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I disagree, just had cataract surgery on both eyes, a few weeks apart, now I see the most vibrant colors

    Good to hear, I mean see... 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I disagree, just had cataract surgery on both eyes, a few weeks apart, now I see the most vibrant colors

    Good to hear, I mean see... 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Good to hear, I mean see... 

    Maybe he'll see past the Red and Orange now.?

  • @bob806 said:

    @flugel having a blast up here, our 2nd time camping at Keuka Lake SP ( first time was 2017). My youngest son & his wife joined us, we arrived last Thursday, leaving tomorrow to Seneca Rocks, WV.  Trip map below lol we are lucky to be able to do this 

    The Finger Lakes are a great visit. Discover America!!

    We hit up a few wineries, played a little golf, watched college & NFL at the campground....fall trips are the best for camping IMHO.

    Our furthest point will be down at Brazos Bend State Park in Texas, about an hour from my oldest son's house in Houston.

    Screenshot_20250929-135740.png

    Hard to tell on pin 5 but that is near my neck of the woods in Chattanooga.    Maybe Cloudland Canyon in NW Ga.  Maybe Guntersville in NE Alabama?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    Hard to tell on pin 5 but that is near my neck of the woods in Chattanooga.    Maybe Cloudland Canyon in NW Ga.  Maybe Guntersville in NE Alabama?

    Yeppers....#5 is Cloudland Canyon SP, never been there but looking forward to it. We are currently at Hungry Mother SP in Virginia, very nice.

    Snapchat-1915113720.jpg

  • @flugel said:

    Good to hear, I mean see... 

    Maybe he'll see past the Red and Orange now.?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Maybe he'll see past the Red and Orange now.?

    JMO, if Cal could ever get out of his own way - he's very good at researching various football subjects and putting together interesting posts.  The Lancelot for Cheesecakes act gets silly.  Nobody in here rooted against him when he was a Cleveland Brown...

  • @ballpeen said:

    Hard to tell on pin 5 but that is near my neck of the woods in Chattanooga.    Maybe Cloudland Canyon in NW Ga.  Maybe Guntersville in NE Alabama?

    Yeppers....#5 is Cloudland Canyon SP, never been there but looking forward to it. We are currently at Hungry Mother SP in Virginia, very nice.

    Snapchat-1915113720.jpg

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Yeppers....#5 is Cloudland Canyon SP, never been there but looking forward to it. We are currently at Hungry Mother SP in Virginia, very nice.

    Snapchat-1915113720.jpg

    Dig the name and love the picture!  

  • @bob806 said:

    Yeppers....#5 is Cloudland Canyon SP, never been there but looking forward to it. We are currently at Hungry Mother SP in Virginia, very nice.

    Snapchat-1915113720.jpg

    Dig the name and love the picture!  

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Dig the name and love the picture!  

    Bacon, eggs, hash browns & the Browns tomorrow morning. Maybe a Bloody Mary, depending on the opening series lol.

  • @flugel said:

    Dig the name and love the picture!  

    Bacon, eggs, hash browns & the Browns tomorrow morning. Maybe a Bloody Mary, depending on the opening series lol.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Bacon, eggs, hash browns & the Browns tomorrow morning. Maybe a Bloody Mary, depending on the opening series lol.

    Not sure what that means.  Does it mean that if we do well you will have a Bloody Mary, or does it mean if we don't you might have six?

  • @bob806 said:

    Bacon, eggs, hash browns & the Browns tomorrow morning. Maybe a Bloody Mary, depending on the opening series lol.

    Not sure what that means.  Does it mean that if we do well you will have a Bloody Mary, or does it mean if we don't you might have six?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    Not sure what that means.  Does it mean that if we do well you will have a Bloody Mary, or does it mean if we don't you might have six?

    Lol yes on both. 

    Call me crazy but I have a feeling the Browns upset the Vikings this morning. The Browns might have made a good decision on starting Gabriel overseas, although that Vikings D looks tough. 

    Flores is 4-0 vs rookie QBs, so he's due for a loss?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Safe to say the 2026 QB class hasn’t exactly knocked any of our socks off. 
     

    Well there’s another 6’5” Big Ten QB playing Oregon, this time it’s Indiana’s Fernando Mendoza. Indiana plays at Oregon Saturday at 3:30. 

  • Safe to say the 2026 QB class hasn’t exactly knocked any of our socks off. 
     

    Well there’s another 6’5” Big Ten QB playing Oregon, this time it’s Indiana’s Fernando Mendoza. Indiana plays at Oregon Saturday at 3:30. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Safe to say the 2026 QB class hasn’t exactly knocked any of our socks off. 
     

    Well there’s another 6’5” Big Ten QB playing Oregon, this time it’s Indiana’s Fernando Mendoza. Indiana plays at Oregon Saturday at 3:30. 

    ? & ?  Not to worry, the other 6'5" QB has the monopoly on research papers endorsing him in here. That said, all of them are from just 1 guy.

    Wow!  That COULD be a real fun game to watch from the Northwest at 3:30. It'll be interesting to see if Indiana has the footspeed to compete on defense.   If Illinois didn't already get Nut-crackered by Indiana - I'd say they have an intriguing matchup with Ohio State.  

  • Safe to say the 2026 QB class hasn’t exactly knocked any of our socks off. 
     

    Well there’s another 6’5” Big Ten QB playing Oregon, this time it’s Indiana’s Fernando Mendoza. Indiana plays at Oregon Saturday at 3:30. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Safe to say the 2026 QB class hasn’t exactly knocked any of our socks off.

    I'm sure the 'experts' will crown a few QB's as must have players to trade up for once draft season starts next January/February.   We've got 12 games to figure out if we should be in the QB draft derby.