Skip to content

The 2026 NFL DRAFT QB derby watch!

The Browns Board
311 22 7.4k 2
  • Allar and the Penn State offense were terrible. A big disaster, but I had to keep reminding myself who they were playing. Their oline was getting overrun, and Allar was worse than ineffective. egad.

      I thought it was dumb to try to go wide with so many plays, when Oregon's defense is very, very fast. The DL guy, Alexander? is said to probably be a #1 draft pick next spring. And again, the announcers noted that Allar was having trouble finding open wr's. Penn state was not throwing downfield, which fed right into the Oregon defense. They did run a lot.

      Except, for the fourth quarter, when they finally started letting him throw downfield. That 35 yard TD was a great throw. The game went into double overtime, a great slight of hand pitch-out to ...Allen? for a TD.

      James Franklin is 4-21 vs top ten teams. That isn't an indictment against Allar.    But, until the fourth quarter and overtime, Allar had a miserable day, the offense had a miserable day.   Penn State has had an easy schedule, before Oregon....that doesn't help them.

    Allar explains his huge mistake that ended the second overtime in a loss:

    https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2025/09/penn-state-qb-drew-allar-explains-overtime-int-in-loss-vs-oregon.html

    *******************

    Meanwhile.... Texas's Arch Manning had 4 touchdowns in a 55-0 win !against Sam Houston State, by far the worst team they will face all season. Next they play Florida and #7 Oklahoma. Manning looked miserable against Ohio State, we'll see.

    **********************

    LSU's Garrett Nussmeier was 21-of-34 for 197 yards, one touchdown and one interception, in a loss to Ole Miss. There is some question about his health.

    ***********************

    Cade Clubnik, Clemson - has big states, they throw a LOT, but their team is 1-3, and his inconsistent play and mistakes has put some experts off on his Heisman chances/first round draft chances.

    *****************

        It's still early, who knows who the top three qb's will be.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    But......................................................cal called this one so you both must be wrong.?

    I mean, he was right that ONE time about Josh Allen.  So, as you know, that means I *must* defer to him.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    I mean, he was right that ONE time about Josh Allen.  So, as you know, that means I *must* defer to him.  

    lol. gee thanks. 

    There is a lot to like about Manning and Allar. If you took Manning, put him with Sam Houston State, they would lose to Texas about the same score.

    If you put Allar with Oregon, he might have had a great day. Oregon is a dominant team, so far. Their wins:

    vs Montana State - 59-13

    vs Oklahoma State - 69-3

    vs Northwestern 34-14

    vs Oregon State - 41-7

    The Penn State oline could rarely hold up to the pass rush. It's a team game - I would have though Penn State's new wide receivers would have made a difference, but Oregon is a dominant defense.

    Aug 1, 2025Oregon's updated heights and weights came out Friday, and they immediately reveal one thing: The Ducks are deep, physical and strong on the defensive line. Wilson Love builds better bodies.
     
    ************************************
    now, the Oregon secondary? outstanding, dominant.
    Aug 24, 2025The Oregon Ducks' 2024 secondary ranked among the best in the nation in multiple statistics despite being undersized. With added length, can the Ducks' secondary dominate this fall, even though it ...
  • but WAIT !! There's MORE !!

    The Oregon Linebackers - also dominant.

    Sep 17, 2025Oregon Ducks linebackers Bryce Boettcher and Jerry Mixon recorded interceptions against the Northwestern Wildcats in week 3. Is Oregon's linebacker room shaping up to be one of the best in the nation?
     
  • So, "allar is a bum" because of his dismal performance loss to Oregon ? 

    then "manning is a bum" because of his dismal performance against Ohio State?

    NO.

    Their offenses were playing two of the most dominant defenses in all of college football.

    btw, I was also right about Matt Leinart, who Tiam and a few others, labeled as the "most NFL ready pocket passer in college football".

      Oh, I admit I ridiculed that. and Matt Leinart was not going to be "another Dan Marino" LOL LOL.

    We'll see how the rankings play out.

  • So, "allar is a bum" because of his dismal performance loss to Oregon ? 

    then "manning is a bum" because of his dismal performance against Ohio State?

    NO.

    Their offenses were playing two of the most dominant defenses in all of college football.

    btw, I was also right about Matt Leinart, who Tiam and a few others, labeled as the "most NFL ready pocket passer in college football".

      Oh, I admit I ridiculed that. and Matt Leinart was not going to be "another Dan Marino" LOL LOL.

    We'll see how the rankings play out.

    @calfoxwc said:

    So, "allar is a bum" because of his dismal performance loss to Oregon ? 

    then "manning is a bum" because of his dismal performance against Ohio State?

    NO.

    Their offenses were playing two of the most dominant defenses in all of college football.

    btw, I was also right about Matt Leinart, who Tiam and a few others, labeled as the "most NFL ready pocket passer in college football".

      Oh, I admit I ridiculed that. and Matt Leinart was not going to be "another Dan Marino" LOL LOL.

    We'll see how the rankings play out.

    Allar in my view just hasn't risen to the next level Cal.. But to be fair.. I'm not sure that is indicative of him.. Or his dumb fuck coach James Franklin..

  • @calfoxwc said:

    So, "allar is a bum" because of his dismal performance loss to Oregon ? 

    then "manning is a bum" because of his dismal performance against Ohio State?

    NO.

    Their offenses were playing two of the most dominant defenses in all of college football.

    btw, I was also right about Matt Leinart, who Tiam and a few others, labeled as the "most NFL ready pocket passer in college football".

      Oh, I admit I ridiculed that. and Matt Leinart was not going to be "another Dan Marino" LOL LOL.

    We'll see how the rankings play out.

    Allar in my view just hasn't risen to the next level Cal.. But to be fair.. I'm not sure that is indicative of him.. Or his dumb fuck coach James Franklin..

    @nickers said:

    Allar in my view just hasn't risen to the next level Cal.. But to be fair.. I'm not sure that is indicative of him.. Or his dumb fuck coach James Franklin..

    It's true - a good bit. Like I've noted - the Oregon defense is totally dominant. Allar needs to start getting the offense rolling - against big teams. His new wr's haven't made a difference vs Oregon, we'll see later.

        I was annoyed with the Penn State game plan. They didn't seem to get aggressive downfield until the fourth quarter. Just dumb.

  • Watching Notre Dame Arkansas Taylen Green Arkansas wildly inaccurate impressive athlete.  Cool story about him studying with a  VR headset to get reps 

  • @nickers said:

    Allar in my view just hasn't risen to the next level Cal.. But to be fair.. I'm not sure that is indicative of him.. Or his dumb fuck coach James Franklin..

    It's true - a good bit. Like I've noted - the Oregon defense is totally dominant. Allar needs to start getting the offense rolling - against big teams. His new wr's haven't made a difference vs Oregon, we'll see later.

        I was annoyed with the Penn State game plan. They didn't seem to get aggressive downfield until the fourth quarter. Just dumb.

    @calfoxwc said:

    It's true - a good bit. Like I've noted - the Oregon defense is totally dominant. Allar needs to start getting the offense rolling - against big teams. His new wr's haven't made a difference vs Oregon, we'll see later.

        I was annoyed with the Penn State game plan. They didn't seem to get aggressive downfield until the fourth quarter. Just dumb.

    The same Oregon defense Ohio State and their sixth round QB sliced up twice last year for over 70 points in their two games? But I'm sure their defense is completely new and improved this year... ?

    I probably mentioned Allar as someone to look at as a future Browns QB early last season even before cal. Unlike cal, I can look at new information and have my opinions evolve.

    He'll thrash around like a fish out of water all season regarding Allar because cal's gotta cal. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    So, "allar is a bum" because of his dismal performance loss to Oregon ? 

    then "manning is a bum" because of his dismal performance against Ohio State?

    NO.

    Their offenses were playing two of the most dominant defenses in all of college football.

    btw, I was also right about Matt Leinart, who Tiam and a few others, labeled as the "most NFL ready pocket passer in college football".

      Oh, I admit I ridiculed that. and Matt Leinart was not going to be "another Dan Marino" LOL LOL.

    We'll see how the rankings play out.

    Allar in my view just hasn't risen to the next level Cal.. But to be fair.. I'm not sure that is indicative of him.. Or his dumb fuck coach James Franklin..

    @nickers said:

    Allar in my view just hasn't risen to the next level Cal.. But to be fair.. I'm not sure that is indicative of him.. Or his dumb fuck coach James Franklin..

    I needed that. Thanks Nicks!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I mean, he was right that ONE time about Josh Allen.  So, as you know, that means I *must* defer to him.  

    lol. gee thanks. 

    There is a lot to like about Manning and Allar. If you took Manning, put him with Sam Houston State, they would lose to Texas about the same score.

    If you put Allar with Oregon, he might have had a great day. Oregon is a dominant team, so far. Their wins:

    vs Montana State - 59-13

    vs Oklahoma State - 69-3

    vs Northwestern 34-14

    vs Oregon State - 41-7

    The Penn State oline could rarely hold up to the pass rush. It's a team game - I would have though Penn State's new wide receivers would have made a difference, but Oregon is a dominant defense.

    Aug 1, 2025Oregon's updated heights and weights came out Friday, and they immediately reveal one thing: The Ducks are deep, physical and strong on the defensive line. Wilson Love builds better bodies.
     
    ************************************
    now, the Oregon secondary? outstanding, dominant.
    Aug 24, 2025The Oregon Ducks' 2024 secondary ranked among the best in the nation in multiple statistics despite being undersized. With added length, can the Ducks' secondary dominate this fall, even though it ...

    @calfoxwc said:

    lol. gee thanks. 

    There is a lot to like about Manning and Allar. If you took

    I was just fucking with you. 

    And no, there isn't.    

  • @calfoxwc said:

    It's true - a good bit. Like I've noted - the Oregon defense is totally dominant. Allar needs to start getting the offense rolling - against big teams. His new wr's haven't made a difference vs Oregon, we'll see later.

        I was annoyed with the Penn State game plan. They didn't seem to get aggressive downfield until the fourth quarter. Just dumb.

    The same Oregon defense Ohio State and their sixth round QB sliced up twice last year for over 70 points in their two games? But I'm sure their defense is completely new and improved this year... ?

    I probably mentioned Allar as someone to look at as a future Browns QB early last season even before cal. Unlike cal, I can look at new information and have my opinions evolve.

    He'll thrash around like a fish out of water all season regarding Allar because cal's gotta cal. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The same Oregon defense Ohio State and their sixth round QB sliced up twice last year for over 70 points in their two games? But I'm sure their defense is completely new and improved this year... ?

    I probably mentioned Allar as someone to look at as a future Browns QB early last season even before cal. Unlike cal, I can look at new information and have my opinions evolve.

    He'll thrash around like a fish out of water all season regarding Allar because cal's gotta cal. 

    Off subject but does anyone realize Vanderbilt is 5-0?  Even better, it's not like they're beating Tootsie Roll Tech every week.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    lol. gee thanks. 

    There is a lot to like about Manning and Allar. If you took

    I was just fucking with you. 

    And no, there isn't.    

    @tiamat63 said:

    I was just fucking with you. 

    And no, there isn't.    

    I disagree, just had cataract surgery on both eyes, a few weeks apart, now I see the most vibrant colors, and the focus is awesome. And I focus on Allar's good points. lol

    Interesting read: (note: the article compares Allar to Flacco)

    https://nflmocks.com/drew-allar-qb-penn-state-nittany-lions-2026-nfl-scouting-report-draft-projections-01k5k4mbab69

    Drew Allar NFL Draft profile

    • Position: Quarterback
    • Height/Weight: 6-5, 235 lbs
    • Hometown: Medina, OH
    • 40-yard Dash: 4.90 seconds (unofficial)
    • 2025 Stats (Regular Season): 763 passing yards, 6 TD, 2 INT, 62.8 Comp. % (*through Week 5)
    • Career Stats: 7,065 passing yards, 59 TD, 12 INT, 62.9 Comp %

    Strengths:

    • Prototypical size for a quarterback at 6-foot-5, 240 pounds.
    • Arm strength talent which allows him to throw from multiple arm slot, gets the ball down the field with power, velocity.
    • Great vision sees the entire field well, able to work throw progressions.
    • Good decision making and ball security, protects the ball when pressured.
    • Not known for his athleticism, but able to move smoothly and manipulate the pocket.
    • Plays with toughness and competitiveness, shows great leadership ability.
    • Ability to extend plays with his awareness, fearless in absorbing hits.
    • Throws the ball with accuracy, touch and timing with his passes.

    Weaknesses:

    • Still needs to work on accuracy and efficiency while on the run, although improving.
    • Can work on his footwork and mechanics when under pressure.
    • Emotions can get the best of him, especially in big games.
    • Tendency to hold the ball too long, which leads to poor decision making.
    • Too much reliance on his arm strength.

    NFL pro comparison:

    In his scouting report of Allar, NFL media analyst Daniel Jeremiah sees a combination of two NFL quarterbacks in the Penn State quarterback.  In admiration of his big arm talent in driving the ball down the field, Jeremiah also acknowledges his flaws in revealing his NFL pro comparison.

    He writes:

    “My first thought was Kerry Collins, who also spent his college career at Penn State before spending 17 seasons in the NFL. They are big, strong-armed passers with similar athleticism. However, the more I thought about it, the more Allar reminded me of Joe Flacco. Allar and Flacco both make drive throws look so effortless, and when given some space, they can collect yards on the ground. Neither guy is ultra sudden or dynamic, but they find ways to occasionally extend plays and deliver accurate throws on the move. They both prefer to read top to bottom, and they're always on the lookout for shots to present themselves. Another thing they have in common is the streaky nature of their play. Both guys can string together some impressive throws, but they can also make a few head-scratchers.”

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I was just fucking with you. 

    And no, there isn't.    

    I disagree, just had cataract surgery on both eyes, a few weeks apart, now I see the most vibrant colors, and the focus is awesome. And I focus on Allar's good points. lol

    Interesting read: (note: the article compares Allar to Flacco)

    https://nflmocks.com/drew-allar-qb-penn-state-nittany-lions-2026-nfl-scouting-report-draft-projections-01k5k4mbab69

    Drew Allar NFL Draft profile

    • Position: Quarterback
    • Height/Weight: 6-5, 235 lbs
    • Hometown: Medina, OH
    • 40-yard Dash: 4.90 seconds (unofficial)
    • 2025 Stats (Regular Season): 763 passing yards, 6 TD, 2 INT, 62.8 Comp. % (*through Week 5)
    • Career Stats: 7,065 passing yards, 59 TD, 12 INT, 62.9 Comp %

    Strengths:

    • Prototypical size for a quarterback at 6-foot-5, 240 pounds.
    • Arm strength talent which allows him to throw from multiple arm slot, gets the ball down the field with power, velocity.
    • Great vision sees the entire field well, able to work throw progressions.
    • Good decision making and ball security, protects the ball when pressured.
    • Not known for his athleticism, but able to move smoothly and manipulate the pocket.
    • Plays with toughness and competitiveness, shows great leadership ability.
    • Ability to extend plays with his awareness, fearless in absorbing hits.
    • Throws the ball with accuracy, touch and timing with his passes.

    Weaknesses:

    • Still needs to work on accuracy and efficiency while on the run, although improving.
    • Can work on his footwork and mechanics when under pressure.
    • Emotions can get the best of him, especially in big games.
    • Tendency to hold the ball too long, which leads to poor decision making.
    • Too much reliance on his arm strength.

    NFL pro comparison:

    In his scouting report of Allar, NFL media analyst Daniel Jeremiah sees a combination of two NFL quarterbacks in the Penn State quarterback.  In admiration of his big arm talent in driving the ball down the field, Jeremiah also acknowledges his flaws in revealing his NFL pro comparison.

    He writes:

    “My first thought was Kerry Collins, who also spent his college career at Penn State before spending 17 seasons in the NFL. They are big, strong-armed passers with similar athleticism. However, the more I thought about it, the more Allar reminded me of Joe Flacco. Allar and Flacco both make drive throws look so effortless, and when given some space, they can collect yards on the ground. Neither guy is ultra sudden or dynamic, but they find ways to occasionally extend plays and deliver accurate throws on the move. They both prefer to read top to bottom, and they're always on the lookout for shots to present themselves. Another thing they have in common is the streaky nature of their play. Both guys can string together some impressive throws, but they can also make a few head-scratchers.”

    @calfoxwc said:

    Strengths: 

    • Good decision making 

    Weaknesses:

    • Tendency to hold the ball too long, which leads to poor decision making.

    .....  

    NFL media really will throw shit at a wall and hope nobody notices. 

     Then you take the following comparison as some kind of positive. 

     Kerry Collins and Joe Flacco have an NFL profile as QBs scarily similar to Brian Hoyer and Case Keenum.  Neither are mistaken for 1st round QBs. 

     I get it, you just have a thing for tall(er) white boys.  I'm flattered, really. 

     But this article was wrote by someone on a bender.   And your love affair for Allar or Manning is now firmly in the area of just creepy.  

    @calfoxwc said:

    In his scouting report of Allar, NFL media analyst Daniel Jeremiah sees a combination of two NFL quarterbacks in the Penn State quarterback.  In admiration of his big arm talent in driving the ball down the field, Jeremiah also acknowledges his flaws in revealing his NFL pro comparison.

    He writes:

    “My first thought was Kerry Collins, who also spent his college career at Penn State before spending 17 seasons in the NFL. They are big, strong-armed passers with similar athleticism. However, the more I thought about it, the more Allar reminded me of Joe Flacco. Allar and Flacco both make drive throws look so effortless, and when given some space, they can collect yards on the ground. Neither guy is ultra sudden or dynamic, but they find ways to occasionally extend plays and deliver accurate throws on the move. They both prefer to read top to bottom, and they're always on the lookout for shots to present themselves. Another thing they have in common is the streaky nature of their play. Both guys can string together some impressive throws, but they can also make a few head-scratchers.”

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Strengths: 

    • Good decision making 

    Weaknesses:

    • Tendency to hold the ball too long, which leads to poor decision making.

    .....  

    NFL media really will throw shit at a wall and hope nobody notices. 

     Then you take the following comparison as some kind of positive. 

     Kerry Collins and Joe Flacco have an NFL profile as QBs scarily similar to Brian Hoyer and Case Keenum.  Neither are mistaken for 1st round QBs. 

     I get it, you just have a thing for tall(er) white boys.  I'm flattered, really. 

     But this article was wrote by someone on a bender.   And your love affair for Allar or Manning is now firmly in the area of just creepy.  

    @calfoxwc said:

    In his scouting report of Allar, NFL media analyst Daniel Jeremiah sees a combination of two NFL quarterbacks in the Penn State quarterback.  In admiration of his big arm talent in driving the ball down the field, Jeremiah also acknowledges his flaws in revealing his NFL pro comparison.

    He writes:

    “My first thought was Kerry Collins, who also spent his college career at Penn State before spending 17 seasons in the NFL. They are big, strong-armed passers with similar athleticism. However, the more I thought about it, the more Allar reminded me of Joe Flacco. Allar and Flacco both make drive throws look so effortless, and when given some space, they can collect yards on the ground. Neither guy is ultra sudden or dynamic, but they find ways to occasionally extend plays and deliver accurate throws on the move. They both prefer to read top to bottom, and they're always on the lookout for shots to present themselves. Another thing they have in common is the streaky nature of their play. Both guys can string together some impressive throws, but they can also make a few head-scratchers.”

    @tiamat63 said:

    I get it, you just have a thing for tall(er) white boys.  I'm flattered, really. 

    Not at all. I don't know if Gussmeier is black or green or purple. 

    Lanorris Sellers is a sophomore. Sam Leavitt is a sophomore. Not that impressed with Cade Klubnik who is a senior, a bit short....

    Your Manning superstar isn't listed in the top five here. Sophomore's can't get drafted, so.....have a nice day.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2026/story/_/id/46149416/2026-nfl-draft-rankings-top-prospects-position#qb

    Miller

    1. LaNorris Sellers, South Carolina
    2. Garrett Nussmeier, LSU
    3. Sam Leavitt, Arizona State
    4. Cade Klubnik, Clemson
    5. Drew Allar, Penn State

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I get it, you just have a thing for tall(er) white boys.  I'm flattered, really. 

    Not at all. I don't know if Gussmeier is black or green or purple. 

    Lanorris Sellers is a sophomore. Sam Leavitt is a sophomore. Not that impressed with Cade Klubnik who is a senior, a bit short....

    Your Manning superstar isn't listed in the top five here. Sophomore's can't get drafted, so.....have a nice day.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2026/story/_/id/46149416/2026-nfl-draft-rankings-top-prospects-position#qb

    Miller

    1. LaNorris Sellers, South Carolina
    2. Garrett Nussmeier, LSU
    3. Sam Leavitt, Arizona State
    4. Cade Klubnik, Clemson
    5. Drew Allar, Penn State

    @calfoxwc said:

    Not at all. I don't know if Gussmeier is black or green or purple. 

    Lanorris Sellers is a sophomore. Sam Leavitt is a sophomore. Not that impressed with Cade Klubnik who is a senior, a bit short....

    Your Manning superstar isn't listed in the top five here. Sophomore's can't get drafted, so.....have a nice day.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2026/story/_/id/46149416/2026-nfl-draft-rankings-top-prospects-position#qb

    Miller

    1. LaNorris Sellers, South Carolina
    2. Garrett Nussmeier, LSU
    3. Sam Leavitt, Arizona State
    4. Cade Klubnik, Clemson
    5. Drew Allar, Penn State

    Manning is a junior. He arrived at UT for the 2023 season. 

    "Have a nice day" 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Not at all. I don't know if Gussmeier is black or green or purple. 

    Lanorris Sellers is a sophomore. Sam Leavitt is a sophomore. Not that impressed with Cade Klubnik who is a senior, a bit short....

    Your Manning superstar isn't listed in the top five here. Sophomore's can't get drafted, so.....have a nice day.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2026/story/_/id/46149416/2026-nfl-draft-rankings-top-prospects-position#qb

    Miller

    1. LaNorris Sellers, South Carolina
    2. Garrett Nussmeier, LSU
    3. Sam Leavitt, Arizona State
    4. Cade Klubnik, Clemson
    5. Drew Allar, Penn State

    Manning is a junior. He arrived at UT for the 2023 season. 

    "Have a nice day" 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Manning is a junior. He arrived at UT for the 2023 season. 

    "Have a nice day" 

    cal thought Roethlisberger played for the University of Miami Hurricanes.

    He's not smart, but damn if he isn't ridiculously unaware of that. 

    Sellers and Leavitt are both redshirt sophomores, which means they would be eligible for the draft in April if they chose to leave college. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Dude put up some monster stats. 

    14/25  137yards 2tds. 1int 

    I don't want to root against a local kid, but he's just not NFL ready, maybe never will be.

    @bob806 said:

    I don't want to root against a local kid, but he's just not NFL ready, maybe never will be.

    That isn't rooting against someone.  The truth is the truth.  Sometimes it is sweet, sometimes not.

  • @bob806 said:

    I don't want to root against a local kid, but he's just not NFL ready, maybe never will be.

    That isn't rooting against someone.  The truth is the truth.  Sometimes it is sweet, sometimes not.

    @ballpeen said:

    That isn't rooting against someone.  The truth is the truth.  Sometimes it is sweet, sometimes not.

    Exactly!  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Manning is a junior. He arrived at UT for the 2023 season. 

    "Have a nice day" 

    cal thought Roethlisberger played for the University of Miami Hurricanes.

    He's not smart, but damn if he isn't ridiculously unaware of that. 

    Sellers and Leavitt are both redshirt sophomores, which means they would be eligible for the draft in April if they chose to leave college. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    cal thought Roethlisberger played for the University of Miami Hurricanes.

    He's not smart, but damn if he isn't ridiculously unaware of that. 

    Sellers and Leavitt are both redshirt sophomores, which means they would be eligible for the draft in April if they chose to leave college. 

    ? I'll actually cut him some slack on that one he was too distracted thinking "When did Ohio start having Hurricanes?"  

    Yeah, Leavitt played at Michigan State before ASU.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's funny how everyone hates to throw rookie QBs in too early yet almost everyone can't resist the thought of throwing rookie QBs in too early.

    Not everyone.  Probably just a lot of the guys that were old enough to see Kosar play in 12 games (starting 10 or 11 of those) as a rookie in 1985 to realize how important that experience was in order to take the next step in 1986 with a 12-4 record.  The plan wasn't to start Bernie that early but Danielson got hurt so why not? That said, both Mack and Byner rushed for over 1000 yards apiece to take the pressure off the young QB.  This team has 2 promising RBs that can help as well as an impressive tandem of TEs. 

    @flugel said:

    Probably just a lot of the guys that were old enough to see Kosar play in 12 games (starting 10 or 11 of those) as a rookie in 1985

    A week ago Kosar said not to play Gabriel yet.  

    As far as the 2026 QB Watch, darned Jaguars beat the 49'ers.  🙁