Skip to content

The Official Browns vs Bengals Game 1 Thread

The Browns Board
159 29 2.6k 1
  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Tip of the hat to you Gentleman on this fine Sunday morning.

    We only get one day a year when every team and every fan are on the same starting lines with feelings of excitement and hope, eagerness and anticipation. 

    May the 2025 Browns leave everything they have on the field of play. May they prove my prediction wrong, shock the world, run roughshod over the AFC North this season and hoist the Lombardi Trophy in February. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #12

    its 5 30 in the a.m..GO BROWNS

  • @dutch-oven said:

    This will be our first full-time Browns season without mjp. Thinking of you buddy.

    We miss you Brother!  And we miss all of you, Tour, Gipper, Stan, and whomever I left out!

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @orion said:

    We miss you Brother!  And we miss all of you, Tour, Gipper, Stan, and whomever I left out!

    Inspecta(Shawn Webb)

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #14

     Morning, Browns brothers and sisters. 

     It's always a bittersweet start to season.  Great to be here at the dawn of a new year, but you miss all the people you've lost along the way who shared in this love. 

     God bless and Go Browns!

  •  Morning, Browns brothers and sisters. 

     It's always a bittersweet start to season.  Great to be here at the dawn of a new year, but you miss all the people you've lost along the way who shared in this love. 

     God bless and Go Browns!

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tiamat63 said:

     Morning, Browns brothers and sisters. 

     It's always a bittersweet start to season.  Great to be here at the dawn of a new year, but you miss all the people you've lost along the way who shared in this love. 

     God bless and Go Browns!

    Maybe I'm crazy... But I like the Browns today 31-17.. I'm having a tough time imagining Cincitucky handling Garrett,Graham and Schwess and the other kids we added... The other side is.. Can our offense live up to the task...

  • @tiamat63 said:

     Morning, Browns brothers and sisters. 

     It's always a bittersweet start to season.  Great to be here at the dawn of a new year, but you miss all the people you've lost along the way who shared in this love. 

     God bless and Go Browns!

    Maybe I'm crazy... But I like the Browns today 31-17.. I'm having a tough time imagining Cincitucky handling Garrett,Graham and Schwess and the other kids we added... The other side is.. Can our offense live up to the task...

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @nickers said:

    Can our offense live up to the task...

    honestly i think it rides on all of our's favorite player Ford

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #17
  • @tiamat63 said:

     Morning, Browns brothers and sisters. 

     It's always a bittersweet start to season.  Great to be here at the dawn of a new year, but you miss all the people you've lost along the way who shared in this love. 

     God bless and Go Browns!

    Maybe I'm crazy... But I like the Browns today 31-17.. I'm having a tough time imagining Cincitucky handling Garrett,Graham and Schwess and the other kids we added... The other side is.. Can our offense live up to the task...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @nickers said:

    Maybe I'm crazy... But I like the Browns today 31-17.. I'm having a tough time imagining Cincitucky handling Garrett,Graham and Schwess and the other kids we added... The other side is.. Can our offense live up to the task...

     If the running game can move the chains and maximize play action? Yeah, the Brownies can win. 

     Secondary has to give the pass rush a chance to win though. 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #19

    On offense, Stay in third and manageable. Joe can force things that aren’t there.  

    On defense, given Myles has a big game with the pass rush.  We need to contain their running game. When we have had success we’ve made the Bengals one dimensional 

    I threw a couple bones on the Browns ML I think they can get it done 

  • On offense, Stay in third and manageable. Joe can force things that aren’t there.  

    On defense, given Myles has a big game with the pass rush.  We need to contain their running game. When we have had success we’ve made the Bengals one dimensional 

    I threw a couple bones on the Browns ML I think they can get it done 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I threw a couple bones on the Browns ML

    LOl Me  To

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Flacco leading the Browns out on the field

    https://x.com/camijustice/status/1964723834554388851

    Camryn Justice@camijustice
    Joe Flacco leading the way for the #Browns.
  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #22

    It has begun...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I hope everyone's loins have been properly girded...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Third play of the season, and MG jumps offside. ?

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Where is our 1st round pick?  They are running it right down our throats 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Warm knife, meet room temperature butter. 

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #27

    And Cincy scores on the opening drive. Let's see what the Brown's offense can do

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    So much for containing the run.  This could be a long day playaction is next 

  • BIGGEST KEYS to the game - Pressure the QB & Protect the QB.  

    In a division with elite edge rushers, Cincy's Trey Hendrickson might be the least publicized - but his 17.5 sacks last year shows us this is 1 angry kitten on game day. Every coin has 2 sides though just like this matchup. LT Orlando Brown Jr has a 3 hour date with Myles Garrett.  He's gonna have to play like the son of Zeus and a son of a bitch to stop the damage Myles can cause to their passing game.   

    Next,  Communication begins as early as Pre-snap keys and reads.  Gotta have it!  Last year, when the Browns applied good pressure up front to the Chargers' QB Herbert - he easily beat the lack of communication in our back tier for TDs twice.  Vision is the most underrated intangible in football.  It always has been.  Time to tap that experience the guys in the back end have from working together the last 2-3 years.

    My old coach used to say "If you fail to prepare - you are prepared to fail."  

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @flugel said:

    BIGGEST KEYS to the game - Pressure the QB & Protect the QB.  

    Didn't see any of that....

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Nice catch Tillman!