Skip to content

Quinn-essential

The Browns Board
41 9 2.5k
  • \ said:

    good god the end of 2006 DA was named the starter? fine if you see it that way Its pretty widely accepted that Cincinnati was DA official debut as our formal starter and his career. Fine he played in 2006 i did not remember those games that he was named our starter.

    I know I am just like Lum in the fact that I am defending the qb position from micro criticism.

    Funny NONE of you are talking about the baltimore to Denver comparisons in TEAM breakdowns and relative strengths. I know I am widely accepted as an idiot who bases my observations on just my opinion. You can keep looking at this supposably simple game like checkers all you want. Some people that is all they are capable of.

    He was named the starter for those games. What, GS now don't count unless it isn't your job to lose....lmfao.

    Um, as JADBF pointed out previously to you, 7 of the points in the BALT game were supplied by Cribbs on KO returned for a TD.

    You keep looking and reading and posting on this board like a person who is only concerned about the QB positon. Like checkers? That's why I just pointed out here and in other threads that DA was one of many issues on this team (and smaller in comparison). icon_rolleyes.gif Not to mention those here that were apparently watching CLE before last year (how the F*@K can a fan not remember DA playing in 2006?).

  • good god the end of 2006 DA was named the starter? fine if you see it that way Its pretty widely accepted that Cincinnati was DA official debut as our formal starter and his career. Fine he played in 2006 i did not remember those games that he was named our starter.

    I know I am just like Lum in the fact that I am defending the qb position from micro criticism.

    You're a joke Sev. I've tried like hell to give you a long leash but you can never simply man up and admit you're wrong.

    You attacked my comparison of Quinn's debut to Anderson's (i.e., his first "start") and when faced with the facts the best bullshit you've got is "Its pretty widely accepted"? No, it wasn't at all you moron. Going into the Cincy game last year it was "pretty widely accepted" that DA was only keeping the seat warm for Quinn. There was no sense that the team had been handed over to DA.

    Pathetic. You need to remember the old addage: Better to keep you mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

    Funny NONE of you are talking about the baltimore to Denver comparisons in TEAM breakdowns and relative strengths. I know I am widely accepted as an idiot who bases my observations on just my opinion. You can keep looking at this supposably simple game like checkers all you want. Some people that is all they are capable of.

    This following your complete inability to own up to an error and you are accusing the mass of us posting contrary to you as being incapable?

    Yup. It is "funny".

    Post less. Read more. You'll be happier.

  • \ said:

    Funny NONE of you are talking about the baltimore to Denver comparisons in TEAM breakdowns and relative strengths.

    Once again, read the other threads on this board!!!!!!!

  • \ said:

    Anyone arguing for DA is simply bias or an idiot. Even if Quinn had not played well on Thursday, it is (and has been) apparent that DA does possess what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL. The Quinn bashers need to check themselves. By not liking an indivudual just because he went to a college that you did not like, because he's a pretty boy, because your girlfriend thinks he's hot, etc....is insane. The kid has done nothing his whole football career but display leadership and class. These people know who they are. I could not care less for any bullshit reasons that may be thrown back at this post. You can keep lying to yourself, but I do not have the time to listen to it. Browns' fans should be cautiously optimistic by what we saw from Quinn and should embrace him as our future QB...not squabbling about DA. He had ample chances to prove he was the man...he proved otherwise.

    Brady is pretty hot! icon_lol.gif

    Oh, and sorry for taking your name in vain. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_wink.gif

  • \ said:

    good god the end of 2006 DA was named the starter? fine if you see it that way Its pretty widely accepted that Cincinnati was DA official debut as our formal starter and his career. Fine he played in 2006 i did not remember those games that he was named our starter.

    I know I am just like Lum in the fact that I am defending the qb position from micro criticism.

    You're a joke Sev. I've tried like hell to give you a long leash but you can never simply man up and admit you're wrong.

    You attacked my comparison of Quinn's debut to Anderson's (i.e., his first "start") and when faced with the facts the best bullshit you've got is "Its pretty widely accepted"? No, it wasn't at all you moron. Going into the Cincy game last year it was "pretty widely accepted" that DA was only keeping the seat warm for Quinn. There was no sense that the team had been handed over to DA.

    Pathetic. You need to remember the old addage: Better to keep you mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

    Funny NONE of you are talking about the baltimore to Denver comparisons in TEAM breakdowns and relative strengths. I know I am widely accepted as an idiot who bases my observations on just my opinion. You can keep looking at this supposably simple game like checkers all you want. Some people that is all they are capable of.

    This following your complete inability to own up to an error and you are accusing the mass of us posting contrary to you as being incapable?

    Yup. It is "funny".

    Post less. Read more. You'll be happier.

    I vote this POST OF THE DAY!

  • \ said:

    Oh, and sorry for taking your name in vain. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_wink.gif

    No problem, watching DA play had me doing it all the time. icon_e_smile.gif

  • Im a joke and a moron, wow that hurts my feelings greythan..... I hope that makes you feel so much better. I dont need your leash, nor agree in any way with a majority of your posts.

    I dont care if "popular" opinion of fans runs contrary to what I see. YOu really think I need some random internet personalities validation or leash?

    I already have, the back to back games and exact replica of results in the exact same way after the suppossed variable for change occured. The best thing is the difference in quality of defenses was so vastly different exposed the problem so completely that it needs no more validation.

    All of you know that brady had more to work with offensively against a vastly inferior defense than just the week before when both qbs threw for 2 tds and had the ball at the very end of the game. Both attempted to pass in the redzone and failed the same way. Both had 13+point leads going into the second half of the game when the teams melted down in the end of the 3rd and 4th. One had stallworth and a running game the other did not.

    keep patting yourself on the back telling yourself the loss was really a step forward because quinn was in when in reality it was probably a step back. Pennington was traded in favor for the gunslinger who knew how to win, Eli was hated for his qb rating and comp rating even though he had a much better supporting cast.

    In the end it does not matter because fans are going to see different paths on how to win and have no say except to argue amongst themselves. What happened to your micro criticisms of red zone attempts and field position giving the qb favorable chances, what happened to the circus catches and cockpit? what happened to playing well against crap defenses not really counting? BQ had the ball on the last drive right? incompletes right? O I C its BQ not DA so its all ok. Wait where is the IT factor that leads to wins? We lost right? O now its a TEAM and organizational problem not the qb position...now that bq is in.

  • Sev, just admit you were wrong on the first start stats. That's all.

    As for the rest of your rant, point me to the thread where I said that Quinn was the answer to the team's ills. I'll wait for this since you are always facted based in your arguments.

    All I said about Quinn's first start was that he looked promising. Nothing more.

    All I've said about DA is that after three seasons of play (starts in all three season) he was not progressing as a QB at a rate necessary for us to win a championship. Might he someday iron out his systemic flaws? I don't know. What I do know is that waiting for him to do so with another option on the bench is silly. It was time to see if Quinn is a better option. Not sure why you seem so against it.

    Oh, and don't forget we were playing with two starters on our OLine missing (Tucker and Steinbach) and we were without Vickers. That's 30% of the QB's supporting cast. Don't also forget that the Ravens defensive backfield was a group of walking wounded when we played them. That said, Denver's defense is no where near as good as the Ravens. That doesn't change the fact that Quinn looked good for a first time starter on a short week. Which is pretty much what this entire thread is about, journalistic sensationalism aside.

  • I cannot wait til the day they get DA out of town so these guys follow him and we can actually talk about browns football. I appreciate their support of a former player, but he had his shot and he showed his colors. Move on sev 'cause yer boy is gonna be moving soon,too.

  • One thing you also fail to realize sev is we did get behind in the 4th and what did Quinn do on the following drive? Led us down and scored a TD to take the lead back. That is the point that DA would have crumbled because he has a past history of doing it. Quinn tried to lead us down with only 1:14 left in the game, while against the Ravens DA had 3 minutes left. Big difference in time. Quinn did his part in getting momentum back for the Browns with that TD late in the 4th and our defense failed us again. There is no comparsion when you look at the production of QBs in the 4th quarters. Quinn was productive and DA had 3 and outs all 4th quarter.