The Official Browns at Ravens Game 2 Thread
-
I can't believe the spread on this game is 12.5, I mean I get why the ravens are favored but damn. Week 2 division game when both teams are pretty healthy that seems way too much.
I can't believe the spread on this game is 12.5, I mean I get why the ravens are favored but damn. Week 2 division game when both teams are pretty healthy that seems way too much.
Health has little to do with it. The Bengals have a questionable Dline and the Brownies still only averaged 2.3 YPC on 1st downs. To make things worse, along with that questionable Dline, CIN played quite a bit of 2 deep behind it. So CLE was inefficient running the ball against an average defense front AND a light box count.
Doesn't bode well for the offense when you also can't stretch the field vertically between both personnel and execution.
There were looks the Bengals hit early, with a creative C gap insert off motion that the Ravens will look to exploit as well. There was a play from just outside the RZ that CIN ran which was a split zone read look, minus the fact that it was by design handoff and not a "full" read. Had it been Lamar and not Joe, it would have been a walk in touchdown with Patrick Ricard acting as the split --> arrow.
Either Henry or Lamar will get theirs on the ground today. I struggle to think, beyond generating turnovers, how this offense will keep pace with Baltimore in terms of going 1:1 on sustaining drives.
edit: I will say this. CLE sucked when we went to gap and power runs. Easily our worst of the day. When they focused spelling on inside zones, we did alright. If they want to run gap back and zone play, they can and should. If there's a chance at success, the scrap most of the rest and go back to primarily vertical zone and outside zone.
-
I predict the browns today 30-17 because I still have the early season delusions that this team wont be a let down every week.
-
I predict the browns today 30-17 because I still have the early season delusions that this team wont be a let down every week.
-
We need to stretch the defense throw a couple over everyone’s head something
-
We need to stretch the defense throw a couple over everyone’s head something
We need to stretch the defense throw a couple over everyone’s head something
Who do you plan on running the verticals and actually scaring DBs?
-
We need to stretch the defense throw a couple over everyone’s head something
Who do you plan on running the verticals and actually scaring DBs?
-
Lamar keeps one of these he’s gone.
-
Defensive gameplan is coming into view. Get on your horse vs Henry early, then on passing downs send your 5 man pressures and force Lamar to sit there and and patiently, consistently throw.
Ravens will adjust with more QB oriented reads and early down passes.
-
Are guys just not getting open down the field? Flacco ain’t the type to not take chances, and these check down throws are getting brutal.
-
Are guys just not getting open down the field? Flacco ain’t the type to not take chances, and these check down throws are getting brutal.
Are guys just not getting open down the field? Flacco ain’t the type to not take chances, and these check down throws are getting brutal.
It was a combination of both last week. Guys weren't getting open, but the running game (the playaction game specfically) wasn't sucking up LB's. So they camped out in throwing lanes.
Then when they did get some openings, Flacco missed on a few big ones.
-
Offense is on pace to ruin Myles shot at DPOTY. Dude has been on an absolute tear through 5 quarters.
-
I found a little sports bar in Middletown, OH to watch the game. I’m the only Browns fan.
-
Piss poor pickup on the stunt.
-
Our MVP just blew his knee out
-
Are guys just not getting open down the field? Flacco ain’t the type to not take chances, and these check down throws are getting brutal.
It was a combination of both last week. Guys weren't getting open, but the running game (the playaction game specfically) wasn't sucking up LB's. So they camped out in throwing lanes.
Then when they did get some openings, Flacco missed on a few big ones.
It was a combination of both last week. Guys weren't getting open, but the running game (the playaction game specfically) wasn't sucking up LB's. So they camped out in throwing lanes.
Then when they did get some openings, Flacco missed on a few big ones.
Heard- If the passing game has no momentum down the field there’s no reason to have Flacco on the field. I’m not even putting that all on Flacco, but there’s no reason to have him out there just to see what’s happening now. Might as well get the rooks some reps if that ain’t changin
-
Dropped passes last week, missed blocks this week. Missed a golden opportunity to recover a fumble. Bad teams make these kinds of mistakes.
Long year ahead of us
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login