Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Packers
-
Delpit functions fine as a 2nd level defender.
When you move him back to that 3rd level he can be a liability. Especially as a single high safety.
What are your thoughts on Ronnie Hickman? I was talking to a friend during the game and mentioned that I thought a secondary need was a safety in the draft, he retorted that he liked both Delpit and Hickman.
What are your thoughts on Ronnie Hickman? I was talking to a friend during the game and mentioned that I thought a secondary need was a safety in the draft, he retorted that he liked both Delpit and Hickman.
His first 3 games this season have been better than any 3 game stretch last year. Granted, the bar was on the floor. I think to back to Houston going bombs away on him in that playoff game - same weaknesses then that he had shown while at tOSU.
I see improvement, enough to consider him average-ish; but there's a caveat - He's playing behind an elite pass rush that has faced 2 OLs not ready to protect their QB.
What's popping out on film is Myles giving Graham and Collins the opportunity to win along the interior and they're making the most of it. Baltimore and GB actually threw doubles at Mason, Collins won. When GB doubled Collins, Mason won.
Yes, Ronnie is playing a bit better. But his deficiencies will ultimately be masked by the pass rush more-so than quality DBs. I'll believe the corner has been turned when I see him hold up in his assignments should Myles and Co. Have an off day.
-
I'm just happy to see how well we are now pressuring QBs and cutting down on how much time DB's have to stay in the back pockets of receivers. I'm especially pleased with our rookies at DL and LB. Playing right from the start how I hoped they would.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login