Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Lions - Great Lakes Classic

The Browns Board
20 7 447
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Why do I keep thinking Gordon Lightfoot when I see that trophy? Oh yeah, something about the Edmond Fitzgerald.??

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Detroit

      • OT Tayler Decker - Shoulder - DNP
      • DE Al-Quadin Muhammad - Knee -DNP
      • S Daniel Thomas - Forearm - DNP
      • RB Sione Vaki - Groin - DNP
      • LB Derrick Barnes - Knee - Limited
      • CB DJ Reed - Cramping - Full

      In what could be a sign of Muhammad’s health, Detroit signed former Browns DT Quinton Jefferson to their practice squad on Wednesday and elevated TE Ross Dwelley to their active 53-man roster.

      We know OL Joel Bitonio returned to practice on Wednesday but three defenders did not practice:

      • DT Mike Hall Jr. - Knee - DNP
      • CB Denzel Ward - Shoulder - DNP
      • DT Shelby Harris - Hamstring - DNP
      • OL Joel Bitonio - Back, Rest - Limited
      • OL Jack Conklin - Elbow - Limited
      • S Grant Delpit - Back - Limited
      • DE Myles Garrett - Rest - Limited
      • TE David Njoku - Knee - Limited
      • WR Cedric Tillman - Hand, Hip - Limited
  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #5

    i want that freaking trophy

  • Why do I keep thinking Gordon Lightfoot when I see that trophy? Oh yeah, something about the Edmond Fitzgerald.??

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @texasag1969 said:

    Why do I keep thinking Gordon Lightfoot when I see that trophy? Oh yeah, something about the Edmond Fitzgerald.??

    Sank the day after I was born. 

    No, it wasn't my fault. ?

  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Someone has to do it; I don't bear this mantle lightly. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Why do I keep thinking Gordon Lightfoot when I see that trophy? Oh yeah, something about the Edmond Fitzgerald.??

    Sank the day after I was born. 

    No, it wasn't my fault. ?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sank the day after I was born. 

    No, it wasn't my fault. ?

    OK.  But if it were, say, 10 months earlier, then, it could've been you...if you believe Near Death Experience people.  Or if you believe in an infinite number of universes, then, it was absolutely your fault in at least one of 'em.

    ...in one of the two ensembles I play in we do, and I sing, Sundown.  A handful of years ago Mrs. Wife and I were at a local pizza place (Uncle Tony's) and the song came on the juke box system....back when there were little 25 cent jukes at every booth.  I'd always have her rummage for a quarter.  🙂  It came on the juke and reminded me that I liked that song, and that it sounded like only a few chords.  We played it at the Veterans Home for the vets this past July.  

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Thursday’s injury report, however, saw some improvements for the visitors to Michigan this week (changes are in bold below):

    • DT Mike Hall Jr. - Knee - DNP to Limited
    • CB Denzel Ward - Shoulder - DNP to Limited
    • DT Shelby Harris - Hamstring - DNP to Limited
    • OL Joel Bitonio - Back, Rest - Limited to Full
    • OL Jack Conklin - Elbow - Limited
    • S Grant Delpit - Back - Limited
    • DE Myles Garrett - Rest - Limited to Full
    • TE David Njoku - Knee - Limited to Full
    • WR Cedric Tillman - Hand, Hip - Limited

    The Lions also saw an improvement, but also added another defender to their injury list:

    • OT Tayler Decker - Shoulder - DNP
    • DE Al-Quadin Muhammad - Knee -DNP to Limited
    • S Daniel Thomas - Forearm - DNP
    • RB Sione Vaki - Groin - DNP
    • LB Derrick Barnes - Knee - Limited
    • LB Zach Cunningham - Hamstring - Added as Limited
    • CB DJ Reed - Cramping - Full
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Is Mike Hall's injury the one from last season? 

  • Is Mike Hall's injury the one from last season? 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @dutch-oven said:

    Is Mike Hall's injury the one from last season? 

    yes and im pissed 

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Is Mike Hall's injury the one from last season? 

    yes and im pissed 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #12

    @syd said:

    yes and im pissed 

    I've got to assume that he won't be suited up this weekend....so in reality, he could've been put on IR and be just about coming off IR....and we could've had another roster spot available all this time.

    -----

    This game scares me.  After just seeing that the Packers took us too lightly, I expect the Lions to be better mentally prepared for the game.  I fear a blowout loss.  

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Here’s your dang map.

    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2025&wk=4

    it’s pretty similar to last week’s map. Heavy coverage in the midwest and north central states again. No Alaska this time though. Boo Alaska.

    Everyone in Ohio gets the game, except my forsaken homies in Van Wert. Stupid Ft. Wayne broadcast signal…

    MI, WI, IA, MN, most of WV, northern KY, IN and IL. 

    Both Dakotas, most of NE, and there’s a weird little island in northern WY that gets the game, which may or may not include the town of Big Horn, WY. 

    Which is not to be confused with the Battle of Little Big Horn, which actually took place in south Montana. 

    You will not be able to watch the Browns game at the Battle of Little Big Horn location unless you are more tech savvy than General Custer. 

    IMG_5141.jpeg

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #14

    Watching Murray bring the Cards all the way back to tie the score with only 20 something seconds left had to be totally frustrating when his damn kick then fell short of hitting the landing zone behind the 20 yd line, so Darnold used that starting from the 40 to set up his own kick for the game winning 50+ yd FG. I think lots of kickers have been f'ing up games, not just our own in game 1. Murray looked totally disgusted, especially since on several possessions he was roundly booed before finally tying the score in the last 5 minutes with two TDs.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #15

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I'm worried about Amon-Ra St Brown killing our slot corners.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Browns Injury Report

    • DT Mike Hall Jr. - Knee - Out
    • OT Jack Conklin - Elbow - Questionable

    Lions Injury Report

    • LB Zach Cunningham - Hamstring - Out
    • S Daniel Thomas - Forearm - Out
    • RB Sione Vaki - Groin - Out
    • OT Taylor Decker - Shoulder - Questionable
    • DE Al-Quadin Muhammad - Knee - Questionable
  • Browns Injury Report

    • DT Mike Hall Jr. - Knee - Out
    • OT Jack Conklin - Elbow - Questionable

    Lions Injury Report

    • LB Zach Cunningham - Hamstring - Out
    • S Daniel Thomas - Forearm - Out
    • RB Sione Vaki - Groin - Out
    • OT Taylor Decker - Shoulder - Questionable
    • DE Al-Quadin Muhammad - Knee - Questionable
    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @orion said:

    Browns Injury Report

    • DT Mike Hall Jr. - Knee - Out
    • OT Jack Conklin - Elbow - Questionable

    Lions Injury Report

    • LB Zach Cunningham - Hamstring - Out
    • S Daniel Thomas - Forearm - Out
    • RB Sione Vaki - Groin - Out
    • OT Taylor Decker - Shoulder - Questionable
    • DE Al-Quadin Muhammad - Knee - Questionable

    Going into the fourth game of the season, that's not too bad of an injury report. 

  • @orion said:

    Browns Injury Report

    • DT Mike Hall Jr. - Knee - Out
    • OT Jack Conklin - Elbow - Questionable

    Lions Injury Report

    • LB Zach Cunningham - Hamstring - Out
    • S Daniel Thomas - Forearm - Out
    • RB Sione Vaki - Groin - Out
    • OT Taylor Decker - Shoulder - Questionable
    • DE Al-Quadin Muhammad - Knee - Questionable

    Going into the fourth game of the season, that's not too bad of an injury report. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @dutch-oven said:

    Going into the fourth game of the season, that's not too bad of an injury report. 

    Yeah, but we have starters that are out all year.  They don't show up on these reports but their absence is felt weekly.

  • @syd said:

    yes and im pissed 

    I've got to assume that he won't be suited up this weekend....so in reality, he could've been put on IR and be just about coming off IR....and we could've had another roster spot available all this time.

    -----

    This game scares me.  After just seeing that the Packers took us too lightly, I expect the Lions to be better mentally prepared for the game.  I fear a blowout loss.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #20

    @orion said:

    I've got to assume that he won't be suited up this weekend....so in reality, he could've been put on IR and be just about coming off IR....and we could've had another roster spot available all this time.

    -----

    This game scares me.  After just seeing that the Packers took us too lightly, I expect the Lions to be better mentally prepared for the game.  I fear a blowout loss.  

    You can bet Dan Campbell will have them watch detailed video on the Packers fiasco and have them eating RBs and QB's every play they are on defense. This is going to be just what you fear Orion. Campbell is the league's best motivator. He came from a small H.S. in Texas and got a scholli at A&M where he was primarily a blocking TE. Repeated that in a long career in the NFL. He obviously knows how to reach into guys and get their best just as he had to do with himself from a background like that. Just watch him on the sidelines all game every time they give you a TV shot of him. He's not a BB kind of coach. He's down in the dirt, talking, encouraging, instructing and sending them out to eat their opponent alive.