Skip to content

The Official Browns at Lions Game 4 Thread

The Browns Board
92 21 1.5k 1
  • @flugel said:

    I was thinking he looks spaced out today

     He's been wildly inconsistent all year.  There isn't a single component to this passing game that has helped put or keep the other in rhythm. 

     Joe can't consistently put the ball wear it needs to go,  OL can pass protect in straight drops, pass catchers have dropped catches they have no business doing. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @tiamat63 said:

     He's been wildly inconsistent all year.  There isn't a single component to this passing game that has helped put or keep the other in rhythm. 

     Joe can't consistently put the ball wear it needs to go,  OL can pass protect in straight drops, pass catchers have dropped catches they have no business doing. 

    It's the Circle of Poo 

  • Do we go to England next week?  If so, just freakin stay there 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @browns149 said:

    Do we go to England next week?  If so, just freakin stay there 

    Yes. 

  • Do we go to England next week?  If so, just freakin stay there 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #77

    @browns149 said:

    Do we go to England next week?  If so, just freakin stay there 

    ? The Flacco Football Follies are coming to London.  DRINK BEER LODDIES & LASSIES!

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #78

    That sucked.

    Go Reds!

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    OT what about our buddy James Franklin. The sexy national champion pick isn’t looking so sexy now 

    Are you saying I predicted Penn State was going to win a National Championship?

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @flugel said:

    Are you saying I predicted Penn State was going to win a National Championship?

     No we were talking about how Franklin built a nice program at Vandy and seemingly can’t win when it matters at a built program.  The talking heads were all over Penn State even more so than OSU.  There multiple analyst giving them undeserved accolades this Summer because they solved the missing piece (added WRs) but forgot their QB hasn’t taken the next step and they are charmin soft in the trenches 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #80

    All I can say is just cut Jerry Jeudy... He fucking blows...

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Oof, that was ugly. Didn’t expect a win but wasn’t expecting 24 points by Detroit from interceptions, fumbles, and punt returns for TDs. Our offense is incapable of scoring more than 16 points, our tackle play is so bad that I’m not sure whether it’s worth putting the rookies out there. The Ventrone era of STs has been overall bad and needs to end. 

  • @flugel said:

    Are you saying I predicted Penn State was going to win a National Championship?

     No we were talking about how Franklin built a nice program at Vandy and seemingly can’t win when it matters at a built program.  The talking heads were all over Penn State even more so than OSU.  There multiple analyst giving them undeserved accolades this Summer because they solved the missing piece (added WRs) but forgot their QB hasn’t taken the next step and they are charmin soft in the trenches 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @sdbacker80 said:

     No we were talking about how Franklin built a nice program at Vandy and seemingly can’t win when it matters at a built program.  The talking heads were all over Penn State even more so than OSU.  There multiple analyst giving them undeserved accolades this Summer because they solved the missing piece (added WRs) but forgot their QB hasn’t taken the next step and they are charmin soft in the trenches 

    Thanks!  Yeah, I LOVED what he did at Vandy when he took over that program full of football follies and got it up to back to back 9-4 seasons. That was all within 3 years in the SEC. That got him the opportunity at Penn State that a lot of Vandy season ticket holders felt he deserved. That said, I feel bad he's not gonna measure up or that I can't argue against his growing volume of critics. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #83

    Well for the 13th time since 1995, the Guardians are A.L. Central champs. Halfway through the season, they were in 4th place in the division, 15.5 games behind Detroit. 

    Just thought I'd try to find the silver lining for today in Cleveland sports. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #84

    OK.  So the score is about what I was expecting.  Flacco's play was about what I expected being that we were down our 2 starting Tackles.  Not a great game by Joe.  Judkins played pretty well.  He fights hard for the extra yard.  He caught the ball well and is a problem for the D after catching it.  

    They seem to have abandoned Sampson in the passing game.  He's kind of interesting when he gets the ball in some space.  

    'Out on' Bond had a few receptions.  One really nice contested catch.  Had our longest play of the game.  Unfortunately, Tillman & Thrash aren't currently producing the way we've been hoping they would this year. 

    The D actually played pretty well again...in spite of what the scoreboard says.  We won Time Of Possession by 3 1/2 minutes.  

    I think next week against the European Vikings will be key.  We'll need to bounce back with a solid game.

  • Keeping Joe out there at this point is negligently bad coaching. I genuinely feel bad for the dude at this point.

    There’s no perfect time to start a rookie. Dart had an on paper tough matchup and is on the brink of winning. Just pull the fucking plug man.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @jrb12711 said:

    Keeping Joe out there at this point is negligently bad coaching. I genuinely feel bad for the dude at this point.

    There’s no perfect time to start a rookie. Dart had an on paper tough matchup and is on the brink of winning. Just pull the fucking plug man.

    And Dart was hurt because he was put out there too early. 

  • Well for the 13th time since 1995, the Guardians are A.L. Central champs. Halfway through the season, they were in 4th place in the division, 15.5 games behind Detroit. 

    Just thought I'd try to find the silver lining for today in Cleveland sports. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well for the 13th time since 1995, the Guardians are A.L. Central champs. Halfway through the season, they were in 4th place in the division, 15.5 games behind Detroit. 

    Just thought I'd try to find the silver lining for today in Cleveland sports. 

    Unreal 15.5 in July I think 12.5 in late August and 6.5 two week to go.  Hard to imagine something like that happening again.   Still worried about this upcoming series facing Skubal and a team that knows us well.  

  • That sucked.

    Go Reds!

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @ibleedbrown said:

    That sucked.

    Go Reds!

    in la la land tuesday, bet they cant buy a ring this year

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Well for the 13th time since 1995, the Guardians are A.L. Central champs. Halfway through the season, they were in 4th place in the division, 15.5 games behind Detroit. 

    Just thought I'd try to find the silver lining for today in Cleveland sports. 

    Unreal 15.5 in July I think 12.5 in late August and 6.5 two week to go.  Hard to imagine something like that happening again.   Still worried about this upcoming series facing Skubal and a team that knows us well.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Unreal 15.5 in July I think 12.5 in late August and 6.5 two week to go.  Hard to imagine something like that happening again.   Still worried about this upcoming series facing Skubal and a team that knows us well.  

    Sucks that the Guardians beat the Tigers 5 out of 6 times in the last two weeks of the season only to have to face them in a best of three series immediately after - especially considering they beat Skubal twice in that stretch. I was hoping for the Red Sox. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Unreal 15.5 in July I think 12.5 in late August and 6.5 two week to go.  Hard to imagine something like that happening again.   Still worried about this upcoming series facing Skubal and a team that knows us well.  

    Sucks that the Guardians beat the Tigers 5 out of 6 times in the last two weeks of the season only to have to face them in a best of three series immediately after - especially considering they beat Skubal twice in that stretch. I was hoping for the Red Sox. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sucks that the Guardians beat the Tigers 5 out of 6 times in the last two weeks of the season only to have to face them in a best of three series immediately after - especially considering they beat Skubal twice in that stretch. I was hoping for the Red Sox. 

    Zero expectations at this point.  I’ve said all year it is a flawed team.  But they play to the final out and the pitching is coming on at the right time.   

  • @sdbacker80 said:

     No we were talking about how Franklin built a nice program at Vandy and seemingly can’t win when it matters at a built program.  The talking heads were all over Penn State even more so than OSU.  There multiple analyst giving them undeserved accolades this Summer because they solved the missing piece (added WRs) but forgot their QB hasn’t taken the next step and they are charmin soft in the trenches 

    Thanks!  Yeah, I LOVED what he did at Vandy when he took over that program full of football follies and got it up to back to back 9-4 seasons. That was all within 3 years in the SEC. That got him the opportunity at Penn State that a lot of Vandy season ticket holders felt he deserved. That said, I feel bad he's not gonna measure up or that I can't argue against his growing volume of critics. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @flugel said:

    Thanks!  Yeah, I LOVED what he did at Vandy when he took over that program full of football follies and got it up to back to back 9-4 seasons. That was all within 3 years in the SEC. That got him the opportunity at Penn State that a lot of Vandy season ticket holders felt he deserved. That said, I feel bad he's not gonna measure up or that I can't argue against his growing volume of critics. 

    Since the blocked kick circa 2016 I’ve grown to dislike Penn State.  Having Been around the faithful for some time in the past when they entered the Big Ten and had their run in 94 I believe they had the belief that they would make the Big Ten a juggernaut and carry the league.  Since then They have backed their way into some Big Ten Championship games but have an empty trophy case to show for it.  For decades OSU has gotten the best of them even though there have been games where OSU seemingly let them hang.  It sounds smug i know.  But the new attitude we took your defensive coordinator and this is our year is another recycled empty promise of we are here and it is our year.    They are probably a new HC and elite QB away from that even if they flex their muscles before Nov. 1st. Maybe Matt Patricia is available next year lol

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks!  Yeah, I LOVED what he did at Vandy when he took over that program full of football follies and got it up to back to back 9-4 seasons. That was all within 3 years in the SEC. That got him the opportunity at Penn State that a lot of Vandy season ticket holders felt he deserved. That said, I feel bad he's not gonna measure up or that I can't argue against his growing volume of critics. 

    Since the blocked kick circa 2016 I’ve grown to dislike Penn State.  Having Been around the faithful for some time in the past when they entered the Big Ten and had their run in 94 I believe they had the belief that they would make the Big Ten a juggernaut and carry the league.  Since then They have backed their way into some Big Ten Championship games but have an empty trophy case to show for it.  For decades OSU has gotten the best of them even though there have been games where OSU seemingly let them hang.  It sounds smug i know.  But the new attitude we took your defensive coordinator and this is our year is another recycled empty promise of we are here and it is our year.    They are probably a new HC and elite QB away from that even if they flex their muscles before Nov. 1st. Maybe Matt Patricia is available next year lol

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Since the blocked kick circa 2016 I’ve grown to dislike Penn State.  Having Been around the faithful for some time in the past when they entered the Big Ten and had their run in 94 I believe they had the belief that they would make the Big Ten a juggernaut and carry the league.  Since then They have backed their way into some Big Ten Championship games but have an empty trophy case to show for it.  For decades OSU has gotten the best of them even though there have been games where OSU seemingly let them hang.  It sounds smug i know.  But the new attitude we took your defensive coordinator and this is our year is another recycled empty promise of we are here and it is our year.    They are probably a new HC and elite QB away from that even if they flex their muscles before Nov. 1st. Maybe Matt Patricia is available next year lol

    I don't think I've ever been happier after a Ohio State regular season win in a non-scUM game than when the Buckeyes beat Penn State in 2017. That was a helluva comeback one year after losing in such a fucked up way. I may have screamed at Trace McSorley to eat a bag of dicks through my TV ?

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Since the blocked kick circa 2016 I’ve grown to dislike Penn State.  Having Been around the faithful for some time in the past when they entered the Big Ten and had their run in 94 I believe they had the belief that they would make the Big Ten a juggernaut and carry the league.  Since then They have backed their way into some Big Ten Championship games but have an empty trophy case to show for it.  For decades OSU has gotten the best of them even though there have been games where OSU seemingly let them hang.  It sounds smug i know.  But the new attitude we took your defensive coordinator and this is our year is another recycled empty promise of we are here and it is our year.    They are probably a new HC and elite QB away from that even if they flex their muscles before Nov. 1st. Maybe Matt Patricia is available next year lol

    I don't think I've ever been happier after a Ohio State regular season win in a non-scUM game than when the Buckeyes beat Penn State in 2017. That was a helluva comeback one year after losing in such a fucked up way. I may have screamed at Trace McSorley to eat a bag of dicks through my TV ?

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by bjh2130
    #92

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think I've ever been happier after a Ohio State regular season win in a non-scUM game than when the Buckeyes beat Penn State in 2017. That was a helluva comeback one year after losing in such a fucked up way. I may have screamed at Trace McSorley to eat a bag of dicks through my TV ?

    That game was incredible. Saquon returned the opening kickoff and they were just all over us in the first half. I remember with about 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter I was really regretting paying 500+ a piece for two tickets 4 rows off the field.  Had an obnoxious penn state fan behind me and my girl at the time that had me wanting to punch him.  Then Joseph Thomas Barrett had one of the best halfs of football I've ever seen in person and led us back.  That was the 2nd time I was able to rush the field at the shoe and a memory I'll never forget. If I had seen trace on the field I probably would have said the same thing to him in person.