Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Kevin Stefanski is.....

Kevin Stefanski is.....

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
38 Posts 11 Posters 699 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
    • 14k Posts
    • 5k Reputation
    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Kevin Stefanski is pathetic... He instills nothing... 0 discipline... This team still has,, "False Start" "Illegal Motion" "Illegal Formation" "Neutral Zone Infraction" "Encroachment"... These are things that high school teams clear up after a week of practice.. Here it is.. We're in year 6... And this goofball has no control whatsover over this team... I don't care if he's a "Good Catholic" or not... His time is up!

    image.jpg

    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
    BernieSuperBowl2B FlugelF 2 Replies Last reply
    👍 😂
    Quote Reply
    • nickersN nickers

      Kevin Stefanski is pathetic... He instills nothing... 0 discipline... This team still has,, "False Start" "Illegal Motion" "Illegal Formation" "Neutral Zone Infraction" "Encroachment"... These are things that high school teams clear up after a week of practice.. Here it is.. We're in year 6... And this goofball has no control whatsover over this team... I don't care if he's a "Good Catholic" or not... His time is up!

      image.jpg

      BernieSuperBowl2 BernieSuperBowl2B Posting Machine Very Popular Dedicated One Year In Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Month Later Week One Done
      • 710 Posts
      • 364 Reputation
      BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by BernieSuperBowl2
      #2

      @nickers said:

      Kevin Stefanski is pathetic... He instills nothing... 0 discipline... This team still has,, "False Start" "Illegal Motion" "Illegal Formation" "Neutral Zone Infraction" "Encroachment"... These are things that high school teams clear up after a week of practice.. Here it is.. We're in year 6... And this goofball has no control whatsover over this team... I don't care if he's a "Good Catholic" or not... His time is up!

      image.jpg

      You said it nickers. Stefanski was clearly outcoached yesterday. That's the difference between winning and losing the game. I'd be fine if we move on from him. The horrendous play calling, dumb timeouts, no discipline, penalty after penalty. Has zero ability to develop a QB. If we take a QB in the first round next year Shitmypantski would ruin him.

      nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2

        @nickers said:

        Kevin Stefanski is pathetic... He instills nothing... 0 discipline... This team still has,, "False Start" "Illegal Motion" "Illegal Formation" "Neutral Zone Infraction" "Encroachment"... These are things that high school teams clear up after a week of practice.. Here it is.. We're in year 6... And this goofball has no control whatsover over this team... I don't care if he's a "Good Catholic" or not... His time is up!

        image.jpg

        You said it nickers. Stefanski was clearly outcoached yesterday. That's the difference between winning and losing the game. I'd be fine if we move on from him. The horrendous play calling, dumb timeouts, no discipline, penalty after penalty. Has zero ability to develop a QB. If we take a QB in the first round next year Shitmypantski would ruin him.

        nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 14k Posts
        • 5k Reputation
        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
        #3

        @berniesuperbowl2 said:

        You said it nickers. Stefanski was clearly outcoached yesterday. That's the difference between winning and losing the game. I'd be fine if we move on from him. The horrendous play calling, dumb timeouts, no discipline, penalty after penalty. Has zero ability to develop a QB. If we take a QB in the first round next year Shitmypantski would ruin him.

        I have no doubt about that... I mean hell.. They still make mistake High School and college players correct in a week or 2... Whatever Kevin is doing... It clearly isn't working... inferior talent or not.. I mean... Could you imagine a Tom Coughlin or Bill Parcells coached team being this undisciplned?... I can't...

        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
        ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • nickersN nickers

          @berniesuperbowl2 said:

          You said it nickers. Stefanski was clearly outcoached yesterday. That's the difference between winning and losing the game. I'd be fine if we move on from him. The horrendous play calling, dumb timeouts, no discipline, penalty after penalty. Has zero ability to develop a QB. If we take a QB in the first round next year Shitmypantski would ruin him.

          I have no doubt about that... I mean hell.. They still make mistake High School and college players correct in a week or 2... Whatever Kevin is doing... It clearly isn't working... inferior talent or not.. I mean... Could you imagine a Tom Coughlin or Bill Parcells coached team being this undisciplned?... I can't...

          ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 9k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @nickers said:

          I have no doubt about that... I mean hell.. They still make mistake High School and college players correct in a week or 2... Whatever Kevin is doing... It clearly isn't working... inferior talent or not.. I mean... Could you imagine a Tom Coughlin or Bill Parcells coached team being this undisciplned?... I can't...

          Neither can I.

          However, players of yesteryear were coached differently all along the way.  I don't think players of today have been punished the same way for mistakes as they were 20 or more years ago.

          If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
          nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
          ❤
          Quote Reply
          • ballpeenB ballpeen

            @nickers said:

            I have no doubt about that... I mean hell.. They still make mistake High School and college players correct in a week or 2... Whatever Kevin is doing... It clearly isn't working... inferior talent or not.. I mean... Could you imagine a Tom Coughlin or Bill Parcells coached team being this undisciplned?... I can't...

            Neither can I.

            However, players of yesteryear were coached differently all along the way.  I don't think players of today have been punished the same way for mistakes as they were 20 or more years ago.

            nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
            • 14k Posts
            • 5k Reputation
            nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @ballpeen said:

            Neither can I.

            However, players of yesteryear were coached differently all along the way.  I don't think players of today have been punished the same way for mistakes as they were 20 or more years ago.

            Well Peen that's what I mean.. Kevin has 0 discipline.... Look at the difference between what Mike Vrabel and Kevin.. Kevin is a WIMP!

            Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
            tiamat63T sydS 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 5k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I've been thinking the same thing regarding player discipline.

              Either the Browns coaching staff is too lenient on these pre snap penalties, or sadly, our players aren't too bright 

              Greg Williams cleaned that crap up almost immediately after they fired Kitchens.

              Ballpeen is right about today's players compared to the past, but it's odd I don't see other NFL teams have these types of penalties so frequently- it will eventually be Stefanski's downfall. 

              Off topic a bit- IMHO if the Browns fix that offensive line they can win the AFC North this season. 

              Karlis Missed
              nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Bob806B Bob806

                I've been thinking the same thing regarding player discipline.

                Either the Browns coaching staff is too lenient on these pre snap penalties, or sadly, our players aren't too bright 

                Greg Williams cleaned that crap up almost immediately after they fired Kitchens.

                Ballpeen is right about today's players compared to the past, but it's odd I don't see other NFL teams have these types of penalties so frequently- it will eventually be Stefanski's downfall. 

                Off topic a bit- IMHO if the Browns fix that offensive line they can win the AFC North this season. 

                nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                • 14k Posts
                • 5k Reputation
                nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @bob806 said:

                I've been thinking the same thing regarding player discipline.

                Either the Browns coaching staff is too lenient on these pre snap penalties, or sadly, our players aren't too bright 

                Greg Williams cleaned that crap up almost immediately after they fired Kitchens.

                Ballpeen is right about today's players compared to the past, but it's odd I don't see other NFL teams have these types of penalties so frequently- it will eventually be Stefanski's downfall. 

                Off topic a bit- IMHO if the Browns fix that offensive line they can win the AFC North this season. 

                Yeah Gregg Williams was the example I was thinking of as well.. I mean John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin have that same kind of command and won't put up with that shit...  I don't care what era you're in.. If you have a solid plan and demand the respect of your players.. Teams will follow.... Kevin Stefanski's are a dime a dozen...

                Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • nickersN nickers

                  @ballpeen said:

                  Neither can I.

                  However, players of yesteryear were coached differently all along the way.  I don't think players of today have been punished the same way for mistakes as they were 20 or more years ago.

                  Well Peen that's what I mean.. Kevin has 0 discipline.... Look at the difference between what Mike Vrabel and Kevin.. Kevin is a WIMP!

                  tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                  • 13k Posts
                  • 5k Reputation
                  tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @nickers said:

                   Look at the difference between what Mike Vrabel and Kevin.. 

                  New England has more team penalties on the year than Cleveland. 

                  https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/penalties.html

                  T nickersN Bob806B 3 Replies Last reply
                  😂
                  Quote Reply
                  • tiamat63T tiamat63

                    @nickers said:

                     Look at the difference between what Mike Vrabel and Kevin.. 

                    New England has more team penalties on the year than Cleveland. 

                    https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/penalties.html

                    TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 23k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @tiamat63 said:

                    New England has more team penalties on the year than Cleveland. 

                    https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/penalties.html

                    "But those are all disciplined strategic penalties."----nickers

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • nickersN nickers

                      Kevin Stefanski is pathetic... He instills nothing... 0 discipline... This team still has,, "False Start" "Illegal Motion" "Illegal Formation" "Neutral Zone Infraction" "Encroachment"... These are things that high school teams clear up after a week of practice.. Here it is.. We're in year 6... And this goofball has no control whatsover over this team... I don't care if he's a "Good Catholic" or not... His time is up!

                      image.jpg

                      Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 11k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @nickers said:

                      Kevin Stefanski is pathetic... He instills nothing... 0 discipline... This team still has,, "False Start" "Illegal Motion" "Illegal Formation" "Neutral Zone Infraction" "Encroachment"... These are things that high school teams clear up after a week of practice.. Here it is.. We're in year 6... And this goofball has no control whatsover over this team... I don't care if he's a "Good Catholic" or not... His time is up!

                      image.jpg

                      Totally understand your feelings Nicks!  The best way to describe Stefanski and HIS offense is STALE.  The response to a 3-14 record is 1-4 football nobody is happy with. As much as it is nice to see Judkins playing extremely well in spite of it all - they're giving a guy with NO TRAINING CAMP a gigantic workload on a collision course for injury.  The pass protection on the edges SUCKs as I knew it would when I said we needed a Tackle this draft.  Since it seemed like Ford got more reps than Sampson - we could have waited 1 more year to draft the 2nd RB considering how important OT is to winning. We also didn't need to draft the 2nd QB half the brain trust didn't approve of here in the first place

                      The defense (that Stefanski has nothing to do with) has kept us in games that has been rarely rewarded on the scoreboard for doing so (2 became blowouts when the offense and time of possession flat lined in the 1st half). The lone win was 13-10 thanks in large to the defense and kicker (who kicked 2 FGS and an extra point).

                      Whether your wish comes true or not Nicks - just know the same guy that hired Stefanski (and the 2-3 HCs before him) - is still going to be the knucklehead in charge of hiring the HC in Jimmy's business.  

                      I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                      nickersN F 2 Replies Last reply
                      😢
                      Quote Reply
                      • tiamat63T tiamat63

                        @nickers said:

                         Look at the difference between what Mike Vrabel and Kevin.. 

                        New England has more team penalties on the year than Cleveland. 

                        https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/penalties.html

                        nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                        • 14k Posts
                        • 5k Reputation
                        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @tiamat63 said:

                        New England has more team penalties on the year than Cleveland. 

                        https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/penalties.html

                        I'm sure Vrabel will get that cleaned up... Kevs been here nearly 6 seasons... Nothings changed...

                        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                        tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • FlugelF Flugel

                          @nickers said:

                          Kevin Stefanski is pathetic... He instills nothing... 0 discipline... This team still has,, "False Start" "Illegal Motion" "Illegal Formation" "Neutral Zone Infraction" "Encroachment"... These are things that high school teams clear up after a week of practice.. Here it is.. We're in year 6... And this goofball has no control whatsover over this team... I don't care if he's a "Good Catholic" or not... His time is up!

                          image.jpg

                          Totally understand your feelings Nicks!  The best way to describe Stefanski and HIS offense is STALE.  The response to a 3-14 record is 1-4 football nobody is happy with. As much as it is nice to see Judkins playing extremely well in spite of it all - they're giving a guy with NO TRAINING CAMP a gigantic workload on a collision course for injury.  The pass protection on the edges SUCKs as I knew it would when I said we needed a Tackle this draft.  Since it seemed like Ford got more reps than Sampson - we could have waited 1 more year to draft the 2nd RB considering how important OT is to winning. We also didn't need to draft the 2nd QB half the brain trust didn't approve of here in the first place

                          The defense (that Stefanski has nothing to do with) has kept us in games that has been rarely rewarded on the scoreboard for doing so (2 became blowouts when the offense and time of possession flat lined in the 1st half). The lone win was 13-10 thanks in large to the defense and kicker (who kicked 2 FGS and an extra point).

                          Whether your wish comes true or not Nicks - just know the same guy that hired Stefanski (and the 2-3 HCs before him) - is still going to be the knucklehead in charge of hiring the HC in Jimmy's business.  

                          nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 14k Posts
                          • 5k Reputation
                          nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @flugel said:

                          Totally understand your feelings Nicks!  The best way to describe Stefanski and HIS offense is STALE.  The response to a 3-14 record is 1-4 football nobody is happy with. As much as it is nice to see Judkins playing extremely well in spite of it all - they're giving a guy with NO TRAINING CAMP a gigantic workload on a collision course for injury.  The pass protection on the edges SUCKs as I knew it would when I said we needed a Tackle this draft.  Since it seemed like Ford got more reps than Sampson - we could have waited 1 more year to draft the 2nd RB considering how important OT is to winning. We also didn't need to draft the 2nd QB half the brain trust didn't approve of here in the first place

                          The defense (that Stefanski has nothing to do with) has kept us in games that has been rarely rewarded on the scoreboard for doing so (2 became blowouts when the offense and time of possession flat lined in the 1st half). The lone win was 13-10 thanks in large to the defense and kicker (who kicked 2 FGS and an extra point).

                          Whether your wish comes true or not Nicks - just know the same guy that hired Stefanski (and the 2-3 HCs before him) - is still going to be the knucklehead in charge of hiring the HC in Jimmy's business.  

                          Agree here Jimmy is the X factor in all of this.. He's fucked it up every step of the way...

                          Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • tiamat63T tiamat63

                            @nickers said:

                             Look at the difference between what Mike Vrabel and Kevin.. 

                            New England has more team penalties on the year than Cleveland. 

                            https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/penalties.html

                            Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 5k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @tiamat63 said:

                            New England has more team penalties on the year than Cleveland. 

                            https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/penalties.html

                            Good stuff .

                            It doesn't show the maddening "illegal formations" that we seem to excell at- maybe it's in the last column under *other "

                            Karlis Missed
                            tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • nickersN nickers

                              @tiamat63 said:

                              New England has more team penalties on the year than Cleveland. 

                              https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/penalties.html

                              I'm sure Vrabel will get that cleaned up... Kevs been here nearly 6 seasons... Nothings changed...

                              tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                              • 13k Posts
                              • 5k Reputation
                              tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
                              #14

                              @nickers said:

                              I'm sure Vrabel will get that cleaned up... Kevs been here nearly 6 seasons... Nothings changed...

                               It will grieve you to know that if you add up and compare both Stefs and Vrabels mutual coaching years, discounting 2024 because Mike was out, the difference in total team penalties on the year over 4.25 seasons between them is a grand total of 2.4. 

                               With the largest percentage of increase from CLE being on the defensive side - offsides calls.  The cost of doing business with an incredibly aggressive Schwartz defense. 

                              Edit:  What I'm getting at is this - the idea that Vrabels teams are the shining beacon on the hill and Browns under Stef are bottom rung is demonstratabely false.  

                               This isn't even subjective.  The data I linked you shows this. 

                               There has been minimum average difference between Vrabel and Stefanski over the years in terms of penalties.  

                               Both have a commonality though - OL play. Tennessee and Cleveland both saw increases in OL penalties as the play decayed and age increased from 2020 forward. 

                              nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Bob806B Bob806

                                @tiamat63 said:

                                New England has more team penalties on the year than Cleveland. 

                                https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/penalties.html

                                Good stuff .

                                It doesn't show the maddening "illegal formations" that we seem to excell at- maybe it's in the last column under *other "

                                tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                • 13k Posts
                                • 5k Reputation
                                tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @bob806 said:

                                Good stuff .

                                It doesn't show the maddening "illegal formations" that we seem to excell at- maybe it's in the last column under *other "

                                 That's possible, and something I'd have to dig deeper into.  

                                 I have noticed the NFL has put a huge emphasis on IF this year.  I'm not talking about receivers being lined up in the backfield either.  Line judges are closely watching the OTs of these squads.  

                                 For the last few seasons you've seen coaches try some ticky tack shit to get an advantage on the edge.  The kick step that doesnt plant technically not being a false start... i know that one had a lot of us up in arms.  

                                 The next one has been OL depth off of center. Teams have been trying to hide their questionable tackle play by taking that half step cheat off the line.  That just ain't flying this season.  If line judges don't see guards and tackles at middle mass of the center - they're calling it early and often. 

                                 Which sucks for teams like the Browns because we're dealing with a ton of injuries and just a straight up lack of talent.   So those little cheats that might have helped in pass pro are now firmly under the microscope. 

                                Bob806B 1 Reply Last reply
                                👍 ❤
                                Quote Reply
                                • tiamat63T tiamat63

                                  @nickers said:

                                  I'm sure Vrabel will get that cleaned up... Kevs been here nearly 6 seasons... Nothings changed...

                                   It will grieve you to know that if you add up and compare both Stefs and Vrabels mutual coaching years, discounting 2024 because Mike was out, the difference in total team penalties on the year over 4.25 seasons between them is a grand total of 2.4. 

                                   With the largest percentage of increase from CLE being on the defensive side - offsides calls.  The cost of doing business with an incredibly aggressive Schwartz defense. 

                                  Edit:  What I'm getting at is this - the idea that Vrabels teams are the shining beacon on the hill and Browns under Stef are bottom rung is demonstratabely false.  

                                   This isn't even subjective.  The data I linked you shows this. 

                                   There has been minimum average difference between Vrabel and Stefanski over the years in terms of penalties.  

                                   Both have a commonality though - OL play. Tennessee and Cleveland both saw increases in OL penalties as the play decayed and age increased from 2020 forward. 

                                  nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                  • 14k Posts
                                  • 5k Reputation
                                  nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
                                  #16

                                  @tiamat63 said:

                                   The it will grieve you to know that if you add up and compare both Stefs and Vrabels mutual coaching years, discounting 2024 because Mike was out, the difference in total team penalties on the year over 4.25 seasons between them is a grand total of 2.4. 

                                   With the largest percentage of increase from CLE being on the defensive side - offsides calls.  The cost of doing business with an incredibly aggressive Schwartz defense. 

                                  Edit:  What I'm getting at is this - the idea that Vrabels teams are the shining beacon on the hill and Browns under Stef are bottom rung is demonstratabely false.  

                                   This isn't even subjective.  The data I linked you shows this. 

                                   There has been minimum average difference between Vrabel and Stefanski over the years in terms of penalties.  

                                   Both have a commonality though - OL play. Tennessee and Cleveland both saw increases in OL penalties as the play decayed and age increased from 2020 forward. 

                                  I get all of that.. My point is.. Nothing gets better under Stefanski regardless of the personnel... He is terrible.. Im not saying Vrabel is the greatest thing since sliced bread either... He didnt fare to well in the end in Tenn..  Although he squeezed all he could out of Pat Tannehill... I would just prefer Vrabels style of discipline over Kevins...

                                  Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                  tiamat63T sydS 2 Replies Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • tiamat63T tiamat63

                                    @bob806 said:

                                    Good stuff .

                                    It doesn't show the maddening "illegal formations" that we seem to excell at- maybe it's in the last column under *other "

                                     That's possible, and something I'd have to dig deeper into.  

                                     I have noticed the NFL has put a huge emphasis on IF this year.  I'm not talking about receivers being lined up in the backfield either.  Line judges are closely watching the OTs of these squads.  

                                     For the last few seasons you've seen coaches try some ticky tack shit to get an advantage on the edge.  The kick step that doesnt plant technically not being a false start... i know that one had a lot of us up in arms.  

                                     The next one has been OL depth off of center. Teams have been trying to hide their questionable tackle play by taking that half step cheat off the line.  That just ain't flying this season.  If line judges don't see guards and tackles at middle mass of the center - they're calling it early and often. 

                                     Which sucks for teams like the Browns because we're dealing with a ton of injuries and just a straight up lack of talent.   So those little cheats that might have helped in pass pro are now firmly under the microscope. 

                                    Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 5k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
                                    #17

                                    @tiamat63 said:

                                     That's possible, and something I'd have to dig deeper into.  

                                     I have noticed the NFL has put a huge emphasis on IF this year.  

                                    I used to love it as a kid/young adult where all the stats were posted in the newspaper weekly ( Plain Dealer).

                                    Another thing that's changed recently is many teams have one of their Guards come out of their stance to "look around" pre-snap, which isn't a false start anymore.....the Steelers guy did it for years. 

                                    Too many penalties make games unwatchable at times, especially pre-snap penalties IMHO. Aggressive penalties we all understand for the most part.

                                    Karlis Missed
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • nickersN nickers

                                      @tiamat63 said:

                                       The it will grieve you to know that if you add up and compare both Stefs and Vrabels mutual coaching years, discounting 2024 because Mike was out, the difference in total team penalties on the year over 4.25 seasons between them is a grand total of 2.4. 

                                       With the largest percentage of increase from CLE being on the defensive side - offsides calls.  The cost of doing business with an incredibly aggressive Schwartz defense. 

                                      Edit:  What I'm getting at is this - the idea that Vrabels teams are the shining beacon on the hill and Browns under Stef are bottom rung is demonstratabely false.  

                                       This isn't even subjective.  The data I linked you shows this. 

                                       There has been minimum average difference between Vrabel and Stefanski over the years in terms of penalties.  

                                       Both have a commonality though - OL play. Tennessee and Cleveland both saw increases in OL penalties as the play decayed and age increased from 2020 forward. 

                                      I get all of that.. My point is.. Nothing gets better under Stefanski regardless of the personnel... He is terrible.. Im not saying Vrabel is the greatest thing since sliced bread either... He didnt fare to well in the end in Tenn..  Although he squeezed all he could out of Pat Tannehill... I would just prefer Vrabels style of discipline over Kevins...

                                      tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                      • 13k Posts
                                      • 5k Reputation
                                      tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @nickers said:

                                      I get all of that.. My point is.. Nothing gets better under Stefanski regardless of the personnel...

                                       Wouldn't four different starting QBs being lead to a playoff appearance in 2023 have some merit towards improvement? 

                                       The running game has improved from the 2023 and 2024 seasons now that Ford has been put on the backburner. 

                                       The pass catching situation has improved.  

                                       But these things have coincided with the OL situation being on a steady decline. 

                                      @nickers said:

                                      Although he squeezed all he could out of Pat Tannehill...

                                       If you flipped names around like Jacoby Brissett, Joe Flacco and PJ Walker, you'd be able to argue the same for Stef.   Only none of them had Derrick Henry and the latter two not even a healthy Nick Chubb.

                                      @nickers said:

                                      I would just prefer Vrabels style of discipline over Kevins...

                                       I understand. The old school hard-ass style. I grew up under that and, to an extent, my coaching style was/is (somewhat) similar. 

                                       But it's a result oriented business. And when it comes to penalty discipline, the numbers say these two coaches aren't all that far apart. 

                                       So it's a matter of personal preference.  What I appreciate about both coaches is that neither will be something they aren't.  Vrabel is brash and hardline, Stef stoic and near robotic calm.   They can both make it work, plenty of evidence to support that.   But both coaches were handed decent rosters that have withered over time.

                                       If you take issue with Haslam, Berry and their drafts, which you have, then it's important to say that the first victims of talent deficiency are the coaches.  Can't cook with ingredients you don't have. 

                                      nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                                      👍
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • tiamat63T tiamat63

                                        @nickers said:

                                        I get all of that.. My point is.. Nothing gets better under Stefanski regardless of the personnel...

                                         Wouldn't four different starting QBs being lead to a playoff appearance in 2023 have some merit towards improvement? 

                                         The running game has improved from the 2023 and 2024 seasons now that Ford has been put on the backburner. 

                                         The pass catching situation has improved.  

                                         But these things have coincided with the OL situation being on a steady decline. 

                                        @nickers said:

                                        Although he squeezed all he could out of Pat Tannehill...

                                         If you flipped names around like Jacoby Brissett, Joe Flacco and PJ Walker, you'd be able to argue the same for Stef.   Only none of them had Derrick Henry and the latter two not even a healthy Nick Chubb.

                                        @nickers said:

                                        I would just prefer Vrabels style of discipline over Kevins...

                                         I understand. The old school hard-ass style. I grew up under that and, to an extent, my coaching style was/is (somewhat) similar. 

                                         But it's a result oriented business. And when it comes to penalty discipline, the numbers say these two coaches aren't all that far apart. 

                                         So it's a matter of personal preference.  What I appreciate about both coaches is that neither will be something they aren't.  Vrabel is brash and hardline, Stef stoic and near robotic calm.   They can both make it work, plenty of evidence to support that.   But both coaches were handed decent rosters that have withered over time.

                                         If you take issue with Haslam, Berry and their drafts, which you have, then it's important to say that the first victims of talent deficiency are the coaches.  Can't cook with ingredients you don't have. 

                                        nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                        • 14k Posts
                                        • 5k Reputation
                                        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @tiamat63 said:

                                         Wouldn't four different starting QBs being lead to a playoff appearance in 2023 have some merit towards improvement? 

                                         The running game has improved from the 2023 and 2024 seasons now that Ford has been put on the backburner. 

                                         The pass catching situation has improved.  

                                         But these things have coincided with the OL situation being on a steady decline. 

                                         If you flipped names around like Jacoby Brissett, Joe Flacco and PJ Walker, you'd be able to argue the same for Stef.   Only none of them had Derrick Henry and the latter two not even a healthy Nick Chubb.

                                         I understand. The old school hard-ass style. I grew up under that and, to an extent, my coaching style was/is (somewhat) similar. 

                                         But it's a result oriented business. And when it comes to penalty discipline, the numbers say these two coaches aren't all that far apart. 

                                         So it's a matter of personal preference.  What I appreciate about both coaches is that neither will be something they aren't.  Vrabel is brash and hardline, Stef stoic and near robotic calm.   They can both make it work, plenty of evidence to support that.   But both coaches were handed decent rosters that have withered over time.

                                         If you take issue with Haslam, Berry and their drafts, which you have, then it's important to say that the first victims of talent deficiency are the coaches.  Can't cook with ingredients you don't have. 

                                        On that we can agree!

                                        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        ❤
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • nickersN nickers

                                          @ballpeen said:

                                          Neither can I.

                                          However, players of yesteryear were coached differently all along the way.  I don't think players of today have been punished the same way for mistakes as they were 20 or more years ago.

                                          Well Peen that's what I mean.. Kevin has 0 discipline.... Look at the difference between what Mike Vrabel and Kevin.. Kevin is a WIMP!

                                          syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 7k Posts
                                          • 3k Reputation
                                          sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @nickers said:

                                          Look at the difference between what Mike Vrabel and Kevin.. Kevin is a WIMP!

                                          nickers likes big powerful men behind him

                                          nickersN F 2 Replies Last reply
                                          😂
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate