Rush
-
I'm glad Annika got the gig... She is fabulous.. But my choice would've been Mike Portnoy... Mike has been a huge Neil Peart fan.. While Annika is great.. Mike has pure heart and love for all things Rush.. I think they should've included other Drummers as well.. Other notables... Danny Carey of Tool and Ray Luzier played with Korn I believe.. And Gregg Bissonette is another great drummer I have liked a lot over the years... The two drummers in my mind who are untouchable right now are Vinnie Colaiuta and Virgil Donati.. These two are on a level and planet all their own... But I'm glad to see Rush back on tour...
-
Rush is my desert island band. ???
I'm reading horror stories about ticket pricing..
Ticket pricing has gotten crazy. My wife and I just returned from a trip to Vegas to see the Eagles in the Sphere.
I don't even want to total up what that 3 night trip cost us... $27 hamburger at Gilley's
-
I have seen them at least 6 times that I can remember ?
-
A little history... The WMMS Coffee Break concerts at the old Agora were responsible for putting bands like Rush and Heart on the map.. A lot of well known bands at the time owe their careers to that gig.. I'm surprised there hasnt been a book or documentary made about it.. I thought someone John Gorman or Jules Belken wouldve done something or the late Hank LoConti Sr or Tim LaRose... Cleveland in the 70's was a driving force in the Rock scene...
https://clevelandvintage.com/blogs/cleveland/the-glory-days-of-the-wmms-coffee-break-concerts
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login