Skip to content

College Football Matchups This Weekend...

The Browns Board
51 10 777
  • @ballpeen said:

    Indiana/Oregon

    OKLAHOMA for a QB look.

    Alabama/Mizzou...two top ranked teams

    Georgia/Auburn.  Always a tough game for both.

    LSU/S Carolina has appeal

    There's some pretty good games this weekend, and possibly five draftable QBs in that short list, depending on if some of the players above declare early. 

    Oregon's Dante Moore is skyrocketing upward, but if he were to declare he'd have less than 20 college starts. I really do not like that.

    Kid is super talented though. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    There's some pretty good games this weekend, and possibly five draftable QBs in that short list, depending on if some of the players above declare early. 

    Oregon's Dante Moore is skyrocketing upward, but if he were to declare he'd have less than 20 college starts. I really do not like that.

    Kid is super talented though. 

    He is and I agree on starts.

    I look at starts differently than most. I think the number of starts for a QB  tells you more about a prospects floor over his ceiling. 

  • @ballpeen said:

    Indiana/Oregon

    OKLAHOMA for a QB look.

    Alabama/Mizzou...two top ranked teams

    Georgia/Auburn.  Always a tough game for both.

    LSU/S Carolina has appeal

    There's some pretty good games this weekend, and possibly five draftable QBs in that short list, depending on if some of the players above declare early. 

    Oregon's Dante Moore is skyrocketing upward, but if he were to declare he'd have less than 20 college starts. I really do not like that.

    Kid is super talented though. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    There's some pretty good games this weekend, and possibly five draftable QBs in that short list, depending on if some of the players above declare early. 

    Oregon's Dante Moore is skyrocketing upward, but if he were to declare he'd have less than 20 college starts. I really do not like that.

    Kid is super talented though. 

    Well done!  He's also listed at 6'3" by ESPN. Here's what he's done statistically this year:

    image.png.a8cccf5788ca67179665af1a036bfc66.png

  • Indiana/Oregon

    OKLAHOMA for a QB look.

    Alabama/Mizzou...two top ranked teams

    Georgia/Auburn.  Always a tough game for both.

    LSU/S Carolina has appeal

    @ballpeen said:

    Indiana/Oregon

    OKLAHOMA for a QB look.

    Alabama/Mizzou...two top ranked teams

    Georgia/Auburn.  Always a tough game for both.

    LSU/S Carolina has appeal

    Last time I looked at Oklahoma they were beating Michigan.  I was amazed at how well former Clemson DC and current Oklahoma HC Brent Venables had that defense playing.  That shouldn't have surprised me but they were dominating a team that will be tough to beat in the Big 10.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There's some pretty good games this weekend, and possibly five draftable QBs in that short list, depending on if some of the players above declare early. 

    Oregon's Dante Moore is skyrocketing upward, but if he were to declare he'd have less than 20 college starts. I really do not like that.

    Kid is super talented though. 

    Well done!  He's also listed at 6'3" by ESPN. Here's what he's done statistically this year:

    image.png.a8cccf5788ca67179665af1a036bfc66.png

    @flugel said:

    Well done!  He's also listed at 6'3" by ESPN. Here's what he's done statistically this year:

    image.png.a8cccf5788ca67179665af1a036bfc66.png

    I was wondering how tall he was, but I kind of wonder how legit that 6'3" is. I would have guessed he's around 6'1". 

    I was laughing my ass off last Sunday when they listed Dillon Gabriel as 6'0. ?

  • @flugel said:

    Well done!  He's also listed at 6'3" by ESPN. Here's what he's done statistically this year:

    image.png.a8cccf5788ca67179665af1a036bfc66.png

    I was wondering how tall he was, but I kind of wonder how legit that 6'3" is. I would have guessed he's around 6'1". 

    I was laughing my ass off last Sunday when they listed Dillon Gabriel as 6'0. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    I was wondering how tall he was, but I kind of wonder how legit that 6'3" is. I would have guessed he's around 6'1". 

    I was laughing my ass off last Sunday when they listed Dillon Gabriel as 6'0. ?

    I saw that too!  I could almost hear Doug Flutie yelling at his tv: "THERE'S NO WAY HE'S TALLER THAN 5'9" - NO WAY MAN!!!"   

  • Oregon/Indiana is pretty good so far. IU apparently has a second longball place kicker that belted a 58 yarder to go up by 3 at the half.

  • OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

  • OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    He looks like the better QB so far in this match up. Both teams are playing each other tough and l’m most surprised by IU’s defense. 

  • …until the pick 6

  • How ‘bout them Hoosiers? Mendoza looked good, Sarratt looked good, but l would take a long look at IU’s Oline because those are some stout cornbread fed looking dudes who did a helluva job fending off Oregon’s vaunted Dline. 

  • OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    Mendoza did come off as an even keeled guy with a solid skill set, whereas Moore melted down at the end with bone headed throws.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    Mendoza did come off as an even keeled guy with a solid skill set, whereas Moore melted down at the end with bone headed throws.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Mendoza did come off as an even keeled guy with a solid skill set, whereas Moore melted down at the end with bone headed throws.

    Against OSU now will be the barometer if he plays well where he will be at a more extreme talent disadvantage.  We are going to have endure another 3-14 to get him 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Mendoza did come off as an even keeled guy with a solid skill set, whereas Moore melted down at the end with bone headed throws.

    Against OSU now will be the barometer if he plays well where he will be at a more extreme talent disadvantage.  We are going to have endure another 3-14 to get him 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Against OSU now will be the barometer if he plays well where he will be at a more extreme talent disadvantage.  We are going to have endure another 3-14 to get him 

    I peeked at their schedule and they don’t play OSU this year. Their biggest remaining test is likely Penn State. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Against OSU now will be the barometer if he plays well where he will be at a more extreme talent disadvantage.  We are going to have endure another 3-14 to get him 

    I peeked at their schedule and they don’t play OSU this year. Their biggest remaining test is likely Penn State. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I peeked at their schedule and they don’t play OSU this year. Their biggest remaining test is likely Penn State. 

    Big ten title game it is looking that way 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    Mendoza did come off as an even keeled guy with a solid skill set, whereas Moore melted down at the end with bone headed throws.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Mendoza did come off as an even keeled guy with a solid skill set, whereas Moore melted down at the end with bone headed throws.

    LOVED what I saw from Mendoza and you're guy Sarratt today IBB.  Yeah, the pick 6 was tough to see but this kid has something special.  I mean talking about Indiana Hoosier Daddy at 6-0 in college football... Sarratt looks like a 1st round WR IMO.

  • Mendoza…Tate…best available Tackle top of 2nd. 3rd round pick traded before the deadline for a quality offensive lineman.  
     

    spend a couple 5th round picks on some more sandwich eaters and let’s roll into 2026.  

  • OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    Reminds me of Andrew Luck.

  • OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    Yeah, there's something about him that makes that team know they can compete against upper echelon teams this year.  Is this what they mean when they say "It Factor"???  Last year, their QB (Kurtis Rourke) was pretty much limited to the pocket.  Hearsay told me he had played in spite of 2 bad knees which made what he did somewhat admirable if true.  Unfortunately in certain matchups that could pressure the passer - it ball and chained the poor guy. 

  • OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    One thing I heard about Mendoza (I think from McShay?) is that one concern regarding Mendoza is how he does when his first option in the passing game isn't there. He said something about how it can get a little squirrelly when he has to go through his progressions. 

    But he definitely looks like Flacco or Palmer. He's got AFC North size for sure. 

    I'm pissed I couldn't watch the Indiana vs Oregon game. How did Moore look in comparison? 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    OU/IU takeaway.  I feel like the Browns will fall in love with Mendoza.

    Doesn’t waver, plays smart football and puts the ball where it needs to be.  
     

    Looks like Carson Palmer Joe Flacco type QB 

    One thing I heard about Mendoza (I think from McShay?) is that one concern regarding Mendoza is how he does when his first option in the passing game isn't there. He said something about how it can get a little squirrelly when he has to go through his progressions. 

    But he definitely looks like Flacco or Palmer. He's got AFC North size for sure. 

    I'm pissed I couldn't watch the Indiana vs Oregon game. How did Moore look in comparison? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    One thing I heard about Mendoza (I think from McShay?) is that one concern regarding Mendoza is how he does when his first option in the passing game isn't there. He said something about how it can get a little squirrelly when he has to go through his progressions. 

    But he definitely looks like Flacco or Palmer. He's got AFC North size for sure. 

    I'm pissed I couldn't watch the Indiana vs Oregon game. How did Moore look in comparison? 

    Moore made some nice throws but he didn’t show much in the way of escapability and he made one real boneheaded throw in crunch time in to double coverage that was intercepted. IUs defense (especially the linebackers) were eating him alive all game long to the tune of 6 sacks and 2 INTs.

    I was pretty impressed with the Hoosier defense. They held Oregon’s offense to half the points it was used to scoring and tallied 8 TFLs along with the sacks and INTs.

    Oregon’s rushing attack looked better than their passing attack yesterday.

    Interestingly Mendoza relied on 4 players to catch all the passes yesterday, 2 wideouts, a TE and a RB. That would suggest he’s not being asked to do a whole lot of scanning the field. Moore completed passes to 9 players in comparison.