Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Trades

Trades

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
12 Posts 9 Posters 287 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 5k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Likely trade candidates:

    Njoku   80% youth in front of him

    Ford 80%  youth in front of him

    Bitonio  50%  retiring this offseason?

    Teller  40% do we bring him back?

    Poicic  25% do we bring him back and seems like an important Cog in the wheel with young QBs

    Sanders 20% going to be a headache when we select a top QB next year but do we let him flash a little and trade him this offseason 

    jeudy 20% he’s a vet showed something last year maybe a team takes on that contract 

    Delpit 10% value now is higher 

    Garrett 5% kings ransom needed. 

    Ward 5% clearly at the top of his game and a huge void left in his absence 

    im throwing percentages out there don’t kill those too badly 

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 9k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Njoku is the most likely, which is sad of course. The rest, seem doubtful. They might have to give cash to trade Ford. 

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 5k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I'd be shocked if any offensive linemen are traded. It's the weakest link on the team.

        Karlis Missed
        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • Jax JaxJ One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter One Month Later Reacting Well Collaborator Week One Done Dedicated First Post
          • 6k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I have to ask everyone's opinion on Garrett. Has anything changed that would make him consider wanting a trade after just signing?

          I am getting asked by a few people, not sure if they are hearing something I haven't yet.

          I just tell them our offense is helping his stats.

          He's really kicking ass.

          Dutch OvenD C 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • JaxJ Jax

            I have to ask everyone's opinion on Garrett. Has anything changed that would make him consider wanting a trade after just signing?

            I am getting asked by a few people, not sure if they are hearing something I haven't yet.

            I just tell them our offense is helping his stats.

            He's really kicking ass.

            Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 15k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @jax said:

            I have to ask everyone's opinion on Garrett. Has anything changed that would make him consider wanting a trade after just signing?

            I am getting asked by a few people, not sure if they are hearing something I haven't yet.

            I just tell them our offense is helping his stats.

            He's really kicking ass.

            He isn’t getting traded because the hit on our salary cap would be enormous 

            MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 5k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Garrett can rot on a 3-14 teams- he’s paid.  He's a numbers guy and force and presence with no equivalent trade value.  

              nickersN OrionO 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                @jax said:

                I have to ask everyone's opinion on Garrett. Has anything changed that would make him consider wanting a trade after just signing?

                I am getting asked by a few people, not sure if they are hearing something I haven't yet.

                I just tell them our offense is helping his stats.

                He's really kicking ass.

                He isn’t getting traded because the hit on our salary cap would be enormous 

                MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                • 33k Posts
                • 3k Reputation
                MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @dutch-oven said:

                He isn’t getting traded because the hit on our salary cap would be enormous 

                This. I'm not sure we realistically even could due to the cap hit

                Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • S SdBacker80

                  Garrett can rot on a 3-14 teams- he’s paid.  He's a numbers guy and force and presence with no equivalent trade value.  

                  nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                  • 14k Posts
                  • 5k Reputation
                  nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @sdbacker80 said:

                  Garrett can rot on a 3-14 teams- he’s paid.  He's a numbers guy and force and presence with no equivalent trade value.  

                  Send Garrett home to Arlington... It's where he wanted to be in the first place when he was begging JJ to draft him...

                  Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • S SdBacker80

                    Garrett can rot on a 3-14 teams- he’s paid.  He's a numbers guy and force and presence with no equivalent trade value.  

                    Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 9k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
                    #9

                    @sdbacker80 said:

                    Garrett......He's a numbers guy

                    Actually, that's what Garrett is, to a real degree.  He's concentrated on his numbers...specifically, his # of sacks.  He wants as many as he can get.  He wants to set the records.  And why not.  I'm sure that he was pissed at being taken out of the game because perhaps there was a chance that he could pick up a 6tth sack.  I mean, it's not like he's ever going to get that chance again.  

                    Myles is going into the record books and he wants to set the records as high as possible.  I don't blame him one little bit.  It's not like he's got any other shots at glory...like Championships or anything.  As long as remains a team player, and a good team mate, I'm all for him.  

                    BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    👍 ❤
                    Quote Reply
                    • JaxJ Jax

                      I have to ask everyone's opinion on Garrett. Has anything changed that would make him consider wanting a trade after just signing?

                      I am getting asked by a few people, not sure if they are hearing something I haven't yet.

                      I just tell them our offense is helping his stats.

                      He's really kicking ass.

                      calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                      • 64k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @jax said:

                      I have to ask everyone's opinion on Garrett. Has anything changed that would make him consider wanting a trade after just signing?

                      I am getting asked by a few people, not sure if they are hearing something I haven't yet.

                      I just tell them our offense is helping his stats.

                      He's really kicking ass.

                         I'm guessing Garrett will ask to be traded if Stupanski stays next year. As great a player as he is, he is wasting his effort, he wants to win. Joe Thomas - always wanted to win, but never gave up on the Browns. The Watson trade screwed them over, I think, on signing some terrific FA offensive linemen.

                      I've always believed the offensive line was the "engine" of the offense. The qb is more like the steering wheel, maybe. When the engine doesn't run well, it isn't the steering wheel's fault.

                         The Browns are screwed, bad ownership, poor choices of head coaches.....

                      Stupanski should be fired before next Jan. 1st.

                      nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • C calfoxwc

                        @jax said:

                        I have to ask everyone's opinion on Garrett. Has anything changed that would make him consider wanting a trade after just signing?

                        I am getting asked by a few people, not sure if they are hearing something I haven't yet.

                        I just tell them our offense is helping his stats.

                        He's really kicking ass.

                           I'm guessing Garrett will ask to be traded if Stupanski stays next year. As great a player as he is, he is wasting his effort, he wants to win. Joe Thomas - always wanted to win, but never gave up on the Browns. The Watson trade screwed them over, I think, on signing some terrific FA offensive linemen.

                        I've always believed the offensive line was the "engine" of the offense. The qb is more like the steering wheel, maybe. When the engine doesn't run well, it isn't the steering wheel's fault.

                           The Browns are screwed, bad ownership, poor choices of head coaches.....

                        Stupanski should be fired before next Jan. 1st.

                        nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                        • 14k Posts
                        • 5k Reputation
                        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @calfoxwc said:

                           I'm guessing Garrett will ask to be traded if Stupanski stays next year. As great a player as he is, he is wasting his effort, he wants to win. Joe Thomas - always wanted to win, but never gave up on the Browns. The Watson trade screwed them over, I think, on signing some terrific FA offensive linemen.

                        I've always believed the offensive line was the "engine" of the offense. The qb is more like the steering wheel, maybe. When the engine doesn't run well, it isn't the steering wheel's fault.

                           The Browns are screwed, bad ownership, poor choices of head coaches.....

                        Stupanski should be fired before next Jan. 1st.

                        At this point the season is so lost it doesn't matter when they can him.... At this point tank the season.. There's really nothing left to save... Hopefully the Laptop hive mind nerds Depodesta and Berry get canned as well and take all of their "Data Points" with them...

                        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                        C 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • nickersN nickers

                          @calfoxwc said:

                             I'm guessing Garrett will ask to be traded if Stupanski stays next year. As great a player as he is, he is wasting his effort, he wants to win. Joe Thomas - always wanted to win, but never gave up on the Browns. The Watson trade screwed them over, I think, on signing some terrific FA offensive linemen.

                          I've always believed the offensive line was the "engine" of the offense. The qb is more like the steering wheel, maybe. When the engine doesn't run well, it isn't the steering wheel's fault.

                             The Browns are screwed, bad ownership, poor choices of head coaches.....

                          Stupanski should be fired before next Jan. 1st.

                          At this point the season is so lost it doesn't matter when they can him.... At this point tank the season.. There's really nothing left to save... Hopefully the Laptop hive mind nerds Depodesta and Berry get canned as well and take all of their "Data Points" with them...

                          calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                          • 64k Posts
                          • 8k Reputation
                          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @nickers said:

                          At this point the season is so lost it doesn't matter when they can him.... At this point tank the season.. There's really nothing left to save... Hopefully the Laptop hive mind nerds Depodesta and Berry get canned as well and take all of their "Data Points" with them...

                          if Stupanski's play-calling wasn't so lacking in instinct, I would remember that yep, it goes deeper - Berry has some merits, except for the watson debacle etc, but depo - needs to go. As much as I like the last draft, minus the qb's..... the Browns never seem to have any legit plan for building the team into a winner. But trading Baker away after letting him play with a stupid sling.... goes right up there with a short list of the very worst trades the Browns have ever made.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          👍 😂
                          Quote Reply

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          Theme
                          • System
                          • Light
                          • Dark
                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Forums
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Users
                          • Donate