Skip to content

DePo leaving the depot

The Browns Board
34 12 546 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm absolutely convinced this is a "the rats are jumping ship" situation.

    Depodesta knew his days were numbered, and got out.

    Berry and Stefanski IMO will not be here come next draft. 

    Stef better start playing JH's pick at QB or he's toast for sure. Time to give Sanders a shot or kiss his ass goodbye.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @texasag1969 said:

    Stef better start playing JH's pick at QB or he's toast for sure. Time to give Sanders a shot or kiss his ass goodbye.

    Considering JH's last pick at QB was some chaunce from Texas A&M, he should have a 20 year embargo put on his picks ever seeing the field.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Stef better start playing JH's pick at QB or he's toast for sure. Time to give Sanders a shot or kiss his ass goodbye.

    Considering JH's last pick at QB was some chaunce from Texas A&M, he should have a 20 year embargo put on his picks ever seeing the field.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @tiamat63 said:

    Considering JH's last pick at QB was some chaunce from Texas A&M, he should have a 20 year embargo put on his picks ever seeing the field.  

    So, you'd like another then??

  • I'm absolutely convinced this is a "the rats are jumping ship" situation.

    Depodesta knew his days were numbered, and got out.

    Berry and Stefanski IMO will not be here come next draft. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm absolutely convinced this is a "the rats are jumping ship" situation.

    Depodesta knew his days were numbered, and got out.

    As Chief Strategy Officer, I've been wondering when we were going to come to the conclusion that a better strategy was needed.  One has to assume that he hasn't been experiencing the same warm fuzzies from his pal Jimmuh.  

    The question now is, who will have Jimmuh's ear?  Who will he be saying, "Duh, yeah!  That's a great idea.  Let's do that!", to?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #9

    image.png.c7170bff54d249fe9eaf82f01aa75783.png

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @orion said:

    image.png.c7170bff54d249fe9eaf82f01aa75783.png

    Depo  can eat a bag of dicks (something the poli board is familiar with )

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Wow.

    Will Jonah Hill still play him in the football version of Moneyball?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #12

    So DePo wasn't in the weekly meetings with the coaches this year as opposed to all the other years that he's been here.  What other non coaches are at this weekly meeting with the coaches?  Jimmuh's son in law?  

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    The analytics say this was the correct move.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Thank God... The Nerd hive Mind is crumbling!

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    56-99-1 in 10 years.  Just another loser since Jimma bought the team

  • I'm absolutely convinced this is a "the rats are jumping ship" situation.

    Depodesta knew his days were numbered, and got out.

    Berry and Stefanski IMO will not be here come next draft. 

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm absolutely convinced this is a "the rats are jumping ship" situation.

    Depodesta knew his days were numbered, and got out.

    Berry and Stefanski IMO will not be here come next draft. 

    Possibly.  Given his new job is a promotion of sorts, good for Depo.  This is also something that has been kicked around with the Rockies for a good while...like possibly months.  I don't think it is something that fell in to place in the last few weeks.

    I am not happy he is gone or sad he's gone. We aren't going to eliminate the things he put in place.  We have a full staff of people who can carry on the internal systems installed.  

    I never felt he was like the Wizard of Oz, behinds the curtains pulling strings and levers.

  • I just saw that on the sports report.

    Consider it long overdue, and an addition by subtraction.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #17

    @canton-dawg said:

    I just saw that on the sports report.

    Consider it long overdue, and an addition by subtraction.

    Well said CD!  The years without a Santa Claus were really starting to add up here...  

  • So DePo wasn't in the weekly meetings with the coaches this year as opposed to all the other years that he's been here.  What other non coaches are at this weekly meeting with the coaches?  Jimmuh's son in law?  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #18

    @orion said:

    So DePo wasn't in the weekly meetings with the coaches this year as opposed to all the other years that he's been here.  What other non coaches are at this weekly meeting with the coaches?  Jimmuh's son in law?  

    If he's anything like the son in law (of Mrs McCaskey) that now owns the Chicago Bears - this might be a better idea than they had for a guy that never followed pro sports. Not saying Jimmy's son in law has the same background - but this fresh insight might be a good thing especially if he's been thinking in silence "Am I the only one in these weekly meetings that think this is a crack pipe approach to empowerment?"  More specifically, be less careless with your hiring criteria so you can trust whoever you do hire that needs to be empowered.  This way you can attract men like an Andy Reid or a Dan Campbell for a HC vacancy vrs a Stefanski that has suddenly become the worst HC in Cleveland history dating all the way back to our previous HC of course.  Future HC candidates are already aware this ownership could take this or any future HC opportunities to the edge of a cliff/plank.  That won't change until a fresh mind enters that FO/Ownership imo.  

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #19

    The provided link shows the Browns FO hierarchy.  Johnson is listed as managing partner.  That is higher than team President and VP and GM, who by the way is listed above Depo.

    Why would you think he doesn't already have a say in things?

    [url]Browns Front Office | Cleveland Browns - clevelandbrowns.com[/url]

  • The provided link shows the Browns FO hierarchy.  Johnson is listed as managing partner.  That is higher than team President and VP and GM, who by the way is listed above Depo.

    Why would you think he doesn't already have a say in things?

    [url]Browns Front Office | Cleveland Browns - clevelandbrowns.com[/url]

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @ballpeen said:

    The provided link shows the Browns FO hierarchy.  Johnson is listed as managing partner.  That is higher than team President and VP and GM, who by the way is listed above Depo.

    Why would you think he doesn't already have a say in things?

    [url]Browns Front Office | Cleveland Browns - clevelandbrowns.com[/url]

    As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner.  Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him). 

    If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year..  Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet. 

  • Wow.

    Will Jonah Hill still play him in the football version of Moneyball?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Wow.

    Will Jonah Hill still play him in the football version of Moneyball?

    yes he did and that fat faggot can eat a bag of dicks himself, seriously he is a shit actor

  • So DePo wasn't in the weekly meetings with the coaches this year as opposed to all the other years that he's been here.  What other non coaches are at this weekly meeting with the coaches?  Jimmuh's son in law?  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @orion said:

    So DePo wasn't in the weekly meetings with the coaches this year as opposed to all the other years that he's been here.  What other non coaches are at this weekly meeting with the coaches?  Jimmuh's son in law?  

    yes it's always the trust fund SIL

  • @ballpeen said:

    The provided link shows the Browns FO hierarchy.  Johnson is listed as managing partner.  That is higher than team President and VP and GM, who by the way is listed above Depo.

    Why would you think he doesn't already have a say in things?

    [url]Browns Front Office | Cleveland Browns - clevelandbrowns.com[/url]

    As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner.  Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him). 

    If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year..  Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @flugel said:

    As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner.  Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him). 

    If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year..  Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet. 

    JW Johnson is a nincompoop and was the only one gleaming ear to ear when "he" selected Sanders... Believe me when I tell you... It was JW's and Jimmies pick... There's that sucking farting in reverse thing going on reverberating in Berea... I have 0 hope for this franchise moving forward with these dumbells in charge..

  • @flugel said:

    As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner.  Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him). 

    If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year..  Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet. 

    JW Johnson is a nincompoop and was the only one gleaming ear to ear when "he" selected Sanders... Believe me when I tell you... It was JW's and Jimmies pick... There's that sucking farting in reverse thing going on reverberating in Berea... I have 0 hope for this franchise moving forward with these dumbells in charge..

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #24
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @texasag1969 said:

    Found a picture of the FO staff hanging out at Wal-Mart. 

    Ironically, Mrs. Wife stopped at Walmart after the gym and picked up the smart dumbbell for 9 yr old grandson. (Christmas)