DePo leaving the depot
-
The analytics say this was the correct move.
-
56-99-1 in 10 years. Just another loser since Jimma bought the team
-
I'm absolutely convinced this is a "the rats are jumping ship" situation.
Depodesta knew his days were numbered, and got out.
Berry and Stefanski IMO will not be here come next draft.
I'm absolutely convinced this is a "the rats are jumping ship" situation.
Depodesta knew his days were numbered, and got out.
Berry and Stefanski IMO will not be here come next draft.
Possibly. Given his new job is a promotion of sorts, good for Depo. This is also something that has been kicked around with the Rockies for a good while...like possibly months. I don't think it is something that fell in to place in the last few weeks.
I am not happy he is gone or sad he's gone. We aren't going to eliminate the things he put in place. We have a full staff of people who can carry on the internal systems installed.
I never felt he was like the Wizard of Oz, behinds the curtains pulling strings and levers.
-
I just saw that on the sports report.
Consider it long overdue, and an addition by subtraction.
I just saw that on the sports report.
Consider it long overdue, and an addition by subtraction.
Well said CD! The years without a Santa Claus were really starting to add up here...
-
So DePo wasn't in the weekly meetings with the coaches this year as opposed to all the other years that he's been here. What other non coaches are at this weekly meeting with the coaches? Jimmuh's son in law?
So DePo wasn't in the weekly meetings with the coaches this year as opposed to all the other years that he's been here. What other non coaches are at this weekly meeting with the coaches? Jimmuh's son in law?
If he's anything like the son in law (of Mrs McCaskey) that now owns the Chicago Bears - this might be a better idea than they had for a guy that never followed pro sports. Not saying Jimmy's son in law has the same background - but this fresh insight might be a good thing especially if he's been thinking in silence "Am I the only one in these weekly meetings that think this is a crack pipe approach to empowerment?" More specifically, be less careless with your hiring criteria so you can trust whoever you do hire that needs to be empowered. This way you can attract men like an Andy Reid or a Dan Campbell for a HC vacancy vrs a Stefanski that has suddenly become the worst HC in Cleveland history dating all the way back to our previous HC of course. Future HC candidates are already aware this ownership could take this or any future HC opportunities to the edge of a cliff/plank. That won't change until a fresh mind enters that FO/Ownership imo.
-
The provided link shows the Browns FO hierarchy. Johnson is listed as managing partner. That is higher than team President and VP and GM, who by the way is listed above Depo.
Why would you think he doesn't already have a say in things?
[url]Browns Front Office | Cleveland Browns - clevelandbrowns.com[/url]
-
The provided link shows the Browns FO hierarchy. Johnson is listed as managing partner. That is higher than team President and VP and GM, who by the way is listed above Depo.
Why would you think he doesn't already have a say in things?
[url]Browns Front Office | Cleveland Browns - clevelandbrowns.com[/url]
The provided link shows the Browns FO hierarchy. Johnson is listed as managing partner. That is higher than team President and VP and GM, who by the way is listed above Depo.
Why would you think he doesn't already have a say in things?
[url]Browns Front Office | Cleveland Browns - clevelandbrowns.com[/url]
As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner. Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him).
If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year.. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet.
-
Wow.
Will Jonah Hill still play him in the football version of Moneyball?
Wow.
Will Jonah Hill still play him in the football version of Moneyball?
yes he did and that fat faggot can eat a bag of dicks himself, seriously he is a shit actor
-
So DePo wasn't in the weekly meetings with the coaches this year as opposed to all the other years that he's been here. What other non coaches are at this weekly meeting with the coaches? Jimmuh's son in law?
-
The provided link shows the Browns FO hierarchy. Johnson is listed as managing partner. That is higher than team President and VP and GM, who by the way is listed above Depo.
Why would you think he doesn't already have a say in things?
[url]Browns Front Office | Cleveland Browns - clevelandbrowns.com[/url]
As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner. Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him).
If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year.. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet.
As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner. Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him).
If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year.. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet.
JW Johnson is a nincompoop and was the only one gleaming ear to ear when "he" selected Sanders... Believe me when I tell you... It was JW's and Jimmies pick... There's that sucking farting in reverse thing going on reverberating in Berea... I have 0 hope for this franchise moving forward with these dumbells in charge..
-
As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner. Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him).
If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year.. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet.
JW Johnson is a nincompoop and was the only one gleaming ear to ear when "he" selected Sanders... Believe me when I tell you... It was JW's and Jimmies pick... There's that sucking farting in reverse thing going on reverberating in Berea... I have 0 hope for this franchise moving forward with these dumbells in charge..
I have 0 hope for this franchise moving forward with these dumbells in charge..
Found a picture of the FO staff hanging out at Wal-Mart.
-
I have 0 hope for this franchise moving forward with these dumbells in charge..
Found a picture of the FO staff hanging out at Wal-Mart.
Found a picture of the FO staff hanging out at Wal-Mart.
Ironically, Mrs. Wife stopped at Walmart after the gym and picked up the smart dumbbell for 9 yr old grandson. (Christmas)
-
So, offensively, what is our interest now? DePo's Mantra was, We're not interested in 4 yard runs. We want 13 yard passes.
This year DePo hasn't been in the weekly meetings but we seem to be interested in 4 yard passes.
So, offensively, what is our interest now? DePo's Mantra was, We're not interested in 4 yard runs. We want 13 yard passes.
This year DePo hasn't been in the weekly meetings but we seem to be interested in 4 yard passes.
Our interest should be Fernando Mendoza & Go Jets! I can't help it - I'm almost 62 years old. Otherwise, we're not on pace for a Super Bowl before 2050 at this point... That said, I could be one to say I saw our Last Championship in diapers in 1964 along with our next championship in diapers on 2050. That said, I'm hoping to be at an age I can appreciate and celebrate a current Championship with both of my brain cells on speaking terms....
-
So, offensively, what is our interest now? DePo's Mantra was, We're not interested in 4 yard runs. We want 13 yard passes.
This year DePo hasn't been in the weekly meetings but we seem to be interested in 4 yard passes.
Our interest should be Fernando Mendoza & Go Jets! I can't help it - I'm almost 62 years old. Otherwise, we're not on pace for a Super Bowl before 2050 at this point... That said, I could be one to say I saw our Last Championship in diapers in 1964 along with our next championship in diapers on 2050. That said, I'm hoping to be at an age I can appreciate and celebrate a current Championship with both of my brain cells on speaking terms....
-
The provided link shows the Browns FO hierarchy. Johnson is listed as managing partner. That is higher than team President and VP and GM, who by the way is listed above Depo.
Why would you think he doesn't already have a say in things?
[url]Browns Front Office | Cleveland Browns - clevelandbrowns.com[/url]
As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner. Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him).
If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year.. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet.
As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner. Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him).
If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year.. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet.
I am not leapfrogging him above anybody. I was simply pointing out that he already has a voice. I have no clue if his voice is good or bad. None of us do. We don't sit in on meetings. He probably doesn't know X's and O's. That is overrated. The coaches need to know X's and O's, but the others don't need to know how to draw up a football play.
As for anybody approving gameplans I don't think it was anything like some think. I think it was more in line with the research showing this opponent is good against this type of play and weak against another. In what situations would it be advantageous to run this type of play and not another. Those meetings would be more strategic in nature and less tactical.
Eisenhower was the strategist; Patton was the tactical field commander. Big picture, small picture.
-
As the husband of their daughter that has worked under Jimmy since he worked for Pilot - I can't say this surprises me that he's a Managing Partner. Having said that, I'm not sure his Xs and Os background should put him at the apex of approving game plans at the weekly meetings (which I'm guessing was the context Orion was referring to/hinting at about weekly meetings when I replied to him).
If JW's Johnson makes him the expert of the Browns Xs and Os - we have diarrhea hitting the fan in a business where you are what your record says you are: 3-14 last year and 2-6 this year.. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy and I've even mentioned I welcome fresh insight. However, let's not leapfrog this guy's expertise above and beyond that of Tommy Rees, Bill Musgrave and the Offensive Staff just yet.
I am not leapfrogging him above anybody. I was simply pointing out that he already has a voice. I have no clue if his voice is good or bad. None of us do. We don't sit in on meetings. He probably doesn't know X's and O's. That is overrated. The coaches need to know X's and O's, but the others don't need to know how to draw up a football play.
As for anybody approving gameplans I don't think it was anything like some think. I think it was more in line with the research showing this opponent is good against this type of play and weak against another. In what situations would it be advantageous to run this type of play and not another. Those meetings would be more strategic in nature and less tactical.
Eisenhower was the strategist; Patton was the tactical field commander. Big picture, small picture.
I am not leapfrogging him above anybody. I was simply pointing out that he already has a voice. I have no clue if his voice is good or bad. None of us do. We don't sit in on meetings. He probably doesn't know X's and O's. That is overrated. The coaches need to know X's and O's, but the others don't need to know how to draw up a football play.
As for anybody approving gameplans I don't think it was anything like some think. I think it was more in line with the research showing this opponent is good against this type of play and weak against another. In what situations would it be advantageous to run this type of play and not another. Those meetings would be more strategic in nature and less tactical.
Eisenhower was the strategist; Patton was the tactical field commander. Big picture, small picture.
If I sound frustrated; it's not at you I'm just venting to you. IMO, they don't need a room/teepee full of Chiefs with Tonto wanting it pronto on Friday Meetings to approve the game plans IF that is what they do (and I remain one that believes that is indeed what they do). I'm not the one likes the idea to micro-manage the preparation that's already been completed up through Friday - only to allow someone with less understanding but more power to give it a 2 thumbs down just TWO days before kickoff. That sure seems consistent the dumpster fire we know we've been seeing on game day to me. Maybe they should hold these meetings after the coaching staff has done their film review and game planning at the beginning of the week like most of their opponents beating them are probably doing. That way, when they practice for the upcoming opponent all the feedback ideas can be added into what they're practicing and preparing for. This is where I need to remind myself - we are talking about the Browns though.
What type of quality improvement and self evaluation has the upper hierarchy done on themselves especially where bigtime improvement is a HUGE need? How many Offensive Assistants have they hired and fired? How many Head Coaches have they fired? Understanding the last question, do they understand the purpose of firing a Head Coach? Who hired the FO? Are they evaluating all this stuff?
While I'm glad to see Tommy Rees will be calling the plays this week; will these be the plays from the Stefanski playbook with receiving routes that leave a lot to be desired? Or, will this opportunity allow him to implement some of his prior playbook stuff that can help our receivers become a decent prong of attack? If he's just going to use the stale playbook Stefanski brought from Minnesota we might as well hire the same Gary Kubiak that Stefanski as a Consultant in Minnesota.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login