Veterans Day, Nov. 11th
-
I remember years ago, My Dad and I were at Texas Roadhouse for Veterans Day. We were in a good bit of a line, and he and the guy behind us started a conversation, they were both wearing Navy hats, it turns out that the guy was on a ship in the Philippines, during the last few weeks of the war. He asked my Dad what he did in the Navy, and found out he drove a one man personnel landing craft, which shuttled people back and forth. He was there a few weeks before the war was over.
The guy smiled and said they used to watch them - how they could side right up to a ship,.... he said "My God, you might have been one of those guys"... My Dad grinned, and told him that it was only possible because of the two engines.
Last week, we were in a hardware store, and the guy helping us, an older guy with maybe a stiff back, was wearing a "Top Gun" hat. I asked him where he got the cool hat, he said "oh, I bought it in a store" and grinned. He said, "truth is, I was one." He took off his hat, and on the back of it, was his Wings Insignia. He said he actually was a Top Gun.
We talked a bit, he said they were always thinking it was amazing - that they got a paycheck for having a wild time being Tomcat pilots. He grinned about it.
Veterans come from everywhere to serve their country - from the bayous, beaches, farms/ranches, mountains, cities, suburbs, plains ....
I would love to have lunch with him and hear stories about him flying back then. I was in awe.
BTW, at Texas Roadhouse, veterans can get a free dinner voucher tomorrow, from 11 to 2 ?. They aren't open, I think, but will hand out those vouchers. And other places have a discount for veterans. Veterans are all over the country. So many stories.
-
All gave some
Some gave all
One had bone spurs.
-
I always conflate Veterans Day and Memorial Day. I can never think about Veterans Day without thinking about those not here to celebrate it with us. I always send an email on both days to my friend whose son was killed in Iraq. She may not be a veteran, but to me a Gold Star Mother counts as much or more.?
-
Wonderful nickers!!!! What was your guitar, amp and pedal?
Thank you to all of the so called, Losers & Suckers (including my Dad, Uncles and Friends), who put their lives on the line for ME (and everyone else).
Wonderful nickers!!!! What was your guitar, amp and pedal?
Thank you to all of the so called, Losers & Suckers (including my Dad, Uncles and Friends), who put their lives on the line for ME (and everyone else).
Fernandes Franken Strat with Duncan SH-6 Duncan distortion and middle single coil pickup setting together direct with Digitech Genesis with a Mesa type Dual Rec setting and delay.. straight into Cakewalk..... And a Yamaha keyboard with additional grease added... That's it!... Pretty basic...
The guitar was reimagined with Luke(Steve Lukather) EMG pickup set.. Which I have retired for the most part.. It's in need of repairs... Now my go to have been organic Strat and Organic LP,,, After awhile you get tired of all the bullshit and hassle and go with 'The Less is more" approach and more focused sound and articulation..
-
Here's something I wrote and recorded many moons ago.. Dedicated to all who fought and died for freedom... And our country... Thank you for your service... God Bless all of Men and Women of the United States Armed Services








-
Here's something I wrote and recorded many moons ago.. Dedicated to all who fought and died for freedom... And our country... Thank you for your service... God Bless all of Men and Women of the United States Armed Services








-
Kind of a "haunting" and somber tonality. Which I'm sure was intentional. Well done.
It's kind of inspired by Samuel Barbers 'Adagio For Strings" which became the themed soundtrack from the movie "PLATOON".. The Guitar stuff was Jeff Beck influence from "Where were you"coming into play..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login