Skip to content

Boycott the bullshit

The Browns Board
53 16 1.2k 1
  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    This is not maybe a popular idea but I think the browns should fold the Cleveland browns name and colors and come out in their shiny new stadium with a new identity that isn't synonymous with failure. 

    The only thing these players know about the Cleveland browns is that they have kicked the living shit out of them for their entire lives on Madden. They only know a perpetual loser. That's how long it's been.  The 80s we're almost 50 years ago. 

    Reinvent. Come out wearing a different color. Red maybe. There's no red in the division. They can wear the orange and brown as a throwback. 

    ...and we'll let Jimmuh, Deee & son-in-law chose the nickname, colors and uniform design.   Umm...No.

    @orion said:

    ...and we'll let Jimmuh, Deee & son-in-law chose the nickname, colors and uniform design.   Umm...No.

    They already tried… remember those horrible unis we wore in the mid/late 2010s?

  • @nickers said:

    I could just see it now.. The Cleveland Vols...  "Buh Dum Tiss"

    The Cleveland BumSmellers.....that way we could keep the DawgPound.

    Actually, the Cleveland Dogs wouldn't be horrible.  Who doesn't love dogs?  We could change our logo every year to a different breed.  

    @orion said:

    The Cleveland BumSmellers.....that way we could keep the DawgPound.

    Actually, the Cleveland Dogs wouldn't be horrible.  Who doesn't love dogs?  We could change our logo every year to a different breed.  

    CV FINAL.jpg

  • Dad and I used to go to the games a couple times a year, sat in blizzards, had great fun. These recent years, a close friend and I have gone to a few games in the past, tailgates....until ...that....asinine trade for watson. 

    Now, I don't see the Browns being a great team til maybe they get a new respectable owner. I just don't see the haslams as being respectable owners at all. Well, and also a new head coach.

  • @orion said:

    ...and we'll let Jimmuh, Deee & son-in-law chose the nickname, colors and uniform design.   Umm...No.

    I could just see it now.. The Cleveland Vols...  "Buh Dum Tiss"

    @nickers said:

    I could just see it now.. The Cleveland Vols...  "Buh Dum Tiss"

    Nah, Dee's gonna convert 'em to powder puff football and call 'em the Cleveland Clevages with the nickname Vages. Pink and Orange.  

  • @nickers said:

    I could just see it now.. The Cleveland Vols...  "Buh Dum Tiss"

    Nah, Dee's gonna convert 'em to powder puff football and call 'em the Cleveland Clevages with the nickname Vages. Pink and Orange.  

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nah, Dee's gonna convert 'em to powder puff football and call 'em the Cleveland Clevages with the nickname Vages. Pink and Orange.  

    Tampax field?

  • @nickers said:

    I could just see it now.. The Cleveland Vols...  "Buh Dum Tiss"

    Nah, Dee's gonna convert 'em to powder puff football and call 'em the Cleveland Clevages with the nickname Vages. Pink and Orange.  

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nah, Dee's gonna convert 'em to powder puff football and call 'em the Cleveland Clevages with the nickname Vages. Pink and Orange.  

       and they would put a slanted track around the field, and make the game more like the old "roller derby"  

  • We already changed the name of this team once -- from the Cleveland Indians to the Browns, which is weird and if anything is more racist.. I may have been misinformed, but I think cal's satisfied with it!

  • It isn't just the Browns. The NFL plans for superbowl halftime? garbage.

    and the DEI crap. Baker Mayfield refused to wear the LGBQLOMW ? arm band. The NFL commish is a lowlife scumbag, apparently. and,

    last Thursday night, that game was a debacle. Just a farce.

    https://www.outkick.com/sports/nfl-should-embarrassed-what-put-field-last-night

    The NFL Should Be Embarrassed By What It Put On The Field Last Night

     

    At one point, a ref shredded his achilles

  • Just for comparison stakes, check this Buffalo Bills fan forum out lol.

    The names, team is different, but the story is the same. 

    "Fire the coach," Fire the GM," our QB sucks," our QB is the greatest ever," etc etc etc

    https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/forum/1-the-stadium-wall/

  • It isn't just the Browns. The NFL plans for superbowl halftime? garbage.

    and the DEI crap. Baker Mayfield refused to wear the LGBQLOMW ? arm band. The NFL commish is a lowlife scumbag, apparently. and,

    last Thursday night, that game was a debacle. Just a farce.

    https://www.outkick.com/sports/nfl-should-embarrassed-what-put-field-last-night

    The NFL Should Be Embarrassed By What It Put On The Field Last Night

     

    At one point, a ref shredded his achilles

    @calfoxwc said:

    It isn't just the Browns. The NFL plans for superbowl halftime? garbage.

    and the DEI crap. Baker Mayfield refused to wear the LGBQLOMW ? arm band. The NFL commish is a lowlife scumbag, apparently. 

    To satisfy people of your ilk, perhaps the Super Bowl should run out “musical talents” like Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and Jason Aldean. I’m thinking a big musical! I can already see it!

    ”Epstein Island: The Musical”

  • @calfoxwc said:

    It isn't just the Browns. The NFL plans for superbowl halftime? garbage.

    and the DEI crap. Baker Mayfield refused to wear the LGBQLOMW ? arm band. The NFL commish is a lowlife scumbag, apparently. 

    To satisfy people of your ilk, perhaps the Super Bowl should run out “musical talents” like Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and Jason Aldean. I’m thinking a big musical! I can already see it!

    ”Epstein Island: The Musical”

    @dutch-oven said:

    To satisfy people of your ilk, perhaps the Super Bowl should run out “musical talents” like Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and Jason Aldean. I’m thinking a big musical! I can already see it!

    ”Epstein Island: The Musical”

    I don't know about all of that, but obviously the leagues marketing wing pushed forward this years SB show much like Budweiser's marketing wing thought Bud Light needed to market to the Fems.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    To satisfy people of your ilk, perhaps the Super Bowl should run out “musical talents” like Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and Jason Aldean. I’m thinking a big musical! I can already see it!

    ”Epstein Island: The Musical”

    I don't know about all of that, but obviously the leagues marketing wing pushed forward this years SB show much like Budweiser's marketing wing thought Bud Light needed to market to the Fems.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know about all of that, but obviously the leagues marketing wing pushed forward this years SB show much like Budweiser's marketing wing thought Bud Light needed to market to the Fems.

    Newsflash: EVERYONE who drinks Bud Light are feminine. ?

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't know about all of that, but obviously the leagues marketing wing pushed forward this years SB show much like Budweiser's marketing wing thought Bud Light needed to market to the Fems.

    Newsflash: EVERYONE who drinks Bud Light are feminine. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Newsflash: EVERYONE who drinks Bud Light are feminine. ?

    All those light beers are water marketed as beer. Give me Rochefort 10 or even Shiner Bock.??

  • Stupid fucking Browns FO. This run just surpassed Jim Brown's career yardage mark. Yeah, broken record I know. He shoulda been ours but we have the dumbest FO in pro ball. 

  • This is not maybe a popular idea but I think the browns should fold the Cleveland browns name and colors and come out in their shiny new stadium with a new identity that isn't synonymous with failure. 

    The only thing these players know about the Cleveland browns is that they have kicked the living shit out of them for their entire lives on Madden. They only know a perpetual loser. That's how long it's been.  The 80s we're almost 50 years ago. 

    Reinvent. Come out wearing a different color. Red maybe. There's no red in the division. They can wear the orange and brown as a throwback. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    This is not maybe a popular idea but I think the browns should fold the Cleveland browns name and colors and come out in their shiny new stadium with a new identity that isn't synonymous with failure. 

    The only thing these players know about the Cleveland browns is that they have kicked the living shit out of them for their entire lives on Madden. They only know a perpetual loser. That's how long it's been.  The 80s we're almost 50 years ago. 

    Reinvent. Come out wearing a different color. Red maybe. There's no red in the division. They can wear the orange and brown as a throwback. 

    It worked before.

    Won 2 Super Bowls.

    Should have folded the name and colors in 1996 leaving a storied legacy intact.

    Instead we have become the most dysfunctional and laughed at sports franchise in the history of all professional sports. 

  • Dad and I used to go to the games a couple times a year, sat in blizzards, had great fun. These recent years, a close friend and I have gone to a few games in the past, tailgates....until ...that....asinine trade for watson. 

    Now, I don't see the Browns being a great team til maybe they get a new respectable owner. I just don't see the haslams as being respectable owners at all. Well, and also a new head coach.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I just don't see the haslams as being respectable owners at all.

    What?  Just because they're crooks and cheated hard working home heating oil delivery companies out of their rebates?  Heck!  I'm surprised he wasn't asked to take a job at the white house.  

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    This is not maybe a popular idea but I think the browns should fold the Cleveland browns name and colors and come out in their shiny new stadium with a new identity that isn't synonymous with failure. 

    The only thing these players know about the Cleveland browns is that they have kicked the living shit out of them for their entire lives on Madden. They only know a perpetual loser. That's how long it's been.  The 80s we're almost 50 years ago. 

    Reinvent. Come out wearing a different color. Red maybe. There's no red in the division. They can wear the orange and brown as a throwback. 

    It worked before.

    Won 2 Super Bowls.

    Should have folded the name and colors in 1996 leaving a storied legacy intact.

    Instead we have become the most dysfunctional and laughed at sports franchise in the history of all professional sports. 

    @fy56 said:

    Should have folded the name and colors in 1996 leaving a storied legacy intact.

    Instead we have become the most dysfunctional and laughed at sports franchise in the history of all professional sports. 

    Uh, no.

    The Browns are Cleveland's team. Too bad it took a lawsuit to keep the name and colors (I'm sure you know that), and it should have never happened. Eff Tagliabue & Modell, criminals in what they did/allowed. 

    Your first two sentences actually pissed me off, I'll leave it at that.

  • The rams were Cleveland's team too. So were the spiders. And the Indians. Times change but the browns being terrible never do. I'm 45 years old and the last time the browns won an NFL championship my mother was 8. These players don't even remember the respectable failures of the 80s. The browns are the expansion browns and nothing else. 

  • The rams were Cleveland's team too. So were the spiders. And the Indians. Times change but the browns being terrible never do. I'm 45 years old and the last time the browns won an NFL championship my mother was 8. These players don't even remember the respectable failures of the 80s. The browns are the expansion browns and nothing else. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm 45 years old and the last time the browns won an NFL championship my mother was 8.

    I was also 8.

    Boycott the Bullshit:   I certainly understand the frustration.  But the problem is that none of those players, coaches, FO people, nor the Haslams aren't doing their best to win and be successful.  That's no bullshit.  If a player wasn't trying their best, they'd be replaced.  Most every player/coach in the league has extreme pride in their 'game'...and they want the guy on the other side of the LOS to know why they made it to the NFL.

    You may not like the Haslams.  I know that I don't.  But I don't doubt that they're trying their best to make the team great.  You can fault their decisions, but not their intentions.

    I read an article once where Dee Haslam ran into Joe Thomas's wife in the supermarket.  They got to talking and Dee was trying to explain to Mrs. Thomas how sorry she was that the Browns weren't good.  That they were trying their hardest...and that they came into NFL ownership not realizing how difficult it was.  Dee was explaining, while tears were running down her face, that they want the team to be successful and that they're going to keep learning and keep doing everything that they can to make the team good again.  -  I truly believe that they have their heart and soul into it.  Certainly you can't say that they won't spend any amount of money to get the best players, equipment, etc.

    OK...so that and 25 cents will get you a gumball.  But you don't boycott your child because he/she is struggling in elementary school.  You support the child, help the child, get the child help (tutoring?) if necessary.   All WE can do is support the Browns.  And why would we do that?  Because we love the Browns.  Not like how we love our children of course, but it's a love just the same.  If you're a regular on a Browns message board...then you love the Browns.  

    If everyone boycotted the Browns then they'd pack up and move somewhere else.  There!  That'll fix 'em!   And the NFL won't give you another team because you didn't support the one you had.  If you want to show displeasure, show up to the games wearing paper bags over your head...thousands of paper bags in the stands sends a message to the NFL community.  Remember, booing and wearing bags is STILL a sign of passion in the team.

    When should you boycott the team in mass?  Well, if you have an owner that is just in it for the money and satisfaction of saying that they own an NFL team.  If they're not spending money to get good players.  If they're not really trying to put a good team on the field.  At which point fans could decide, WTF, we're better off without a team.  

    I don't care for Jimmy Haslam.  But I don't root for the owner(s).  I may not like a player or two.  I root for the team.  For the history, the heritage....the Browns.

    MHO

  • The rams were Cleveland's team too. So were the spiders. And the Indians. Times change but the browns being terrible never do. I'm 45 years old and the last time the browns won an NFL championship my mother was 8. These players don't even remember the respectable failures of the 80s. The browns are the expansion browns and nothing else. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    The rams were Cleveland's team too. So were the spiders. And the Indians. Times change but the browns being terrible never do. I'm 45 years old and the last time the browns won an NFL championship my mother was 8. These players don't even remember the respectable failures of the 80s. The browns are the expansion browns and nothing else. 

    It's rough for just about all of us in the fan base. Sorry, I get admittedly triggered when fans say "the real Browns left," that's why I replied to @fy56's post. 

    I'm 62, so only a 1 year old when the Browns won. My earliest memories of the Browns is 1971, they were a playoff team. They made it in 1972, so I thought playoffs were pretty routine (ouch), and after that, really it's been downhill except the heartbreaking run in the mid-to late 80s. A smattering of over .500 seasons is all we've had since Art Modell bought the Browns in 1963.

    The chart shows why I can't ever forget what Modell did. Took a storied franchise and flushed it down the drain. 

    Like @orion wrote, Haslam is trying, he just doesn't know how. I'm hoping the DePodesta departure removes an unnecessary layer for AB and they start to thrive. They have a decent core of younger guys, another good draft maybe we inch closer to .500. It's just so crazy they looked like a real up & coming team in 2018, DePodesta (in my opinion) destroyed the roster. 

    photocollage_2025317155438205.jpg