Skip to content

Let me be the first....

The Browns Board
15 8 1.2k
  • Meaning Brett Favre in Cleveland for 2010 ?

  • Meaning Brett Favre in Cleveland for 2010 ?

    @brownindian said:

    Meaning Brett Favre in Cleveland for 2010 ?

    Mangini didn't want him...Favre was forced on him if you recall...but if neither steps up soon I would guess a rookie and Pennington in 2010.

  • @brownindian said:

    Meaning Brett Favre in Cleveland for 2010 ?

    Mangini didn't want him...Favre was forced on him if you recall...but if neither steps up soon I would guess a rookie and Pennington in 2010.

    @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    Mangini didn't want him...Favre was forced on him if you recall...but if neither steps up soon I would guess a rookie and Pennington in 2010.

    Pennington is a downgrade from Quinn IMO. So if he is not satisfied with Quinn cos of our offense then why go to CP ? Also, Im sure Mangini realizes right now that this team needs more than just the new QB and he will not spend 2010 on a new QB. My guess is either Quinn or DA is gone with Ratliff stepping up or a veteran QB hired.

  • John, QB's learn by doing. Playing in the game is how he will learn. I can see Mangini going back to Quinn if DA sucks, but I think you give Mangini way too much credit for being that smart.

  • @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    Mangini didn't want him...Favre was forced on him if you recall...but if neither steps up soon I would guess a rookie and Pennington in 2010.

    Pennington is a downgrade from Quinn IMO. So if he is not satisfied with Quinn cos of our offense then why go to CP ? Also, Im sure Mangini realizes right now that this team needs more than just the new QB and he will not spend 2010 on a new QB. My guess is either Quinn or DA is gone with Ratliff stepping up or a veteran QB hired.

    @brownindian said:

    Pennington is a downgrade from Quinn IMO. So if he is not satisfied with Quinn cos of our offense then why go to CP ? Also, Im sure Mangini realizes right now that this team needs more than just the new QB and he will not spend 2010 on a new QB. My guess is either Quinn or DA is gone with Ratliff stepping up or a veteran QB hired.

    Chad has a lifetime 90.1 QBR, and when healthy is among the most accurate passers in the game. He may not have the big gun...but he knows how to get it done. Besides, I said IF NEITHER step it up (meaning they are not starting material) I see the Browns drafting a guy and getting a Mangini guy (Pennington) to mentor him.

  • John, QB's learn by doing. Playing in the game is how he will learn. I can see Mangini going back to Quinn if DA sucks, but I think you give Mangini way too much credit for being that smart.

    @vegasdogg said:

    John, QB's learn by doing. Playing in the game is how he will learn. I can see Mangini going back to Quinn if DA sucks, but I think you give Mangini way too much credit for being that smart.

    Could be....but the press did call him Mangenious for quite a long time for a reason.

  • @vegasdogg said:

    John, QB's learn by doing. Playing in the game is how he will learn. I can see Mangini going back to Quinn if DA sucks, but I think you give Mangini way too much credit for being that smart.

    Could be....but the press did call him Mangenious for quite a long time for a reason.

    @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    Could be....but the press did call him Mangenious for quite a long time for a reason.

    They don't call him that anymore......in fact today they're calling him a bad hire.

  • From what I am reading it looks like Chad is done for good. Might bring him in as a QB advisor or coach, but doesn't look like he is going to play anymore..

  • While you might be right, I hope the result is still the same.

    0-16 in blowout losses that force this idiot to resign or be fired and Lerner to sell the team. We won't do shit until both of those happen.

  • John, your theory seems nutty on its face but so did the idea of pulling Quinn after 10 quarters.

    All bets are off at this point.

    To your overall point, I think it's true that Mangini really doesn't care about any player's feelings. I think he wants production and he will play the player that gives him the most.

    So, though I doubt he will yo-yo the QBs based on matchup, as you suggest, I don't doubt at all that he would yo-yo them based on performance.

    His handling of Quinn has made it abundantly clear that all he cares about is results.