Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Ravens

The Browns Board
14 8 318 1
  • image.png.a1131e9608eee099f9989aa951acb226.png

    I simply cannot remember the last time that we were above water in turnovers.  

    The Ravens are having a difficult season...but they're still a heavy favorite against us...even though the only thing that they do decently, on either side of the ball, is run the ball....and we're stout against the run.    [ sigh ]

    We're only 3 games out of 1st place in the division...with a game to play against the leader.  The odd truth is that we still have a legitimate chance at winning the division.  But our current offense requires the QB to carry them to victory.  A QB that can, somehow, make plays.  And we DO have a QB on the roster that was kind of known for being that type of player.  

    I think that Sanders should be the guy trotted out onto the practice field today with the 1st unit.  I think that it's owed to the rest of the team to put the correct type of weapon at QB for the dire situation that we're in.  At least then you could say that, You tried everything before it was too late to matter what you did.

    - I mean no disrespect to Gabriel and the game manager that he's been...but it's time to pull out all of the stops - 

  • Totally agree on Sanders, I think we've all had enough of this DG experiment as he isn't really improving. Some of it isn't his fault (offensive line woes). 

    Regarding the AFC North, well it's definitely a bad year to be bad. The losses vs Cincy & Minnesota, games they should have won, are keeping the Browns from contending for the division. 

    I'd like to see them come out with some damn passion and knock these Ratbirds silly, but I'm probably dreaming. 

  • Totally agree on Sanders, I think we've all had enough of this DG experiment as he isn't really improving. Some of it isn't his fault (offensive line woes). 

    Regarding the AFC North, well it's definitely a bad year to be bad. The losses vs Cincy & Minnesota, games they should have won, are keeping the Browns from contending for the division. 

    I'd like to see them come out with some damn passion and knock these Ratbirds silly, but I'm probably dreaming. 

    @bob806 said:

    Regarding the AFC North, well it's definitely a bad year to be bad.

    Right??!  The leader is one game above 500.  (0.556)  And there's nothing we can do about it.  When you can't pass in the NFL...you're dead in the water.

  • I'm playing Henry in my FFL this week.

  • Ravens 38

    Clowns 6

  • Ravens 38

    Clowns 6

    @7moses7 said:

    Ravens 38

    Clowns 6

    sounds about right...

  • Ravens 38

    Clowns 6

    @7moses7 said:

    Ravens 38

    Clowns 6

    Ravens have not been burning it up lately so Ravens 24-6.

  • The Cleveland Browns have signed WR Kaden Davis to the active roster from the practice squad.

    Davis (6-1, 193) is officially in his first NFL season out of Northwest Missouri State. Originally signed by Denver as an undrafted free agent in 2022, Davis has appeared in two games with the Browns from 2024-25. He will wear No. 89.

    --- As I recall he had a fairly productive preseason.  He's been around since '22 and hasn't really accomplished much...but he certainly fits in well with our WR room of PS players.

  • Stefanski saves himself one more week.

    Browns 20

    Ratbirds 16

  • Mappety map, don’t talk back…

    Browns are 1 of 2 CBS late games this week and it looks like the game makers picked a hither and yon approach as the game will be shown from Cleveland to Baltimore, and all parts in between. 

    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2025&wk=11

    Most of Ohio gets the game, except for once again my forsaken homies in Van Wert. There’s some spillover in to SW IN and NE KY. The greater Toledo area gets the game, which includes a little pocket of south MI.

    Fun fact or hearsay: the expression “Holy Toledo” came about because once upon a time the city of Toledo had more churches per capita than anywhere else in the USA. That may or may not be true. 

    North VA, as well as most of WV gets the game, so if you’re a weirdo that likes whitewater rafting in November, you can book a rafting trip on the New River in Fayetteville, WV and be done in time to catch the game.

    To round it out, most of PA and MD gets the game, including Baltimore, of course, which is the hometown of director John Waters. 

    IMG_5475.jpeg

  • Totally agree on Sanders, I think we've all had enough of this DG experiment as he isn't really improving. Some of it isn't his fault (offensive line woes). 

    Regarding the AFC North, well it's definitely a bad year to be bad. The losses vs Cincy & Minnesota, games they should have won, are keeping the Browns from contending for the division. 

    I'd like to see them come out with some damn passion and knock these Ratbirds silly, but I'm probably dreaming. 

    @bob806 said:

    Totally agree on Sanders, I think we've all had enough of this DG experiment as he isn't really improving. Some of it isn't his fault (offensive line woes). 

    Regarding the AFC North, well it's definitely a bad year to be bad. The losses vs Cincy & Minnesota, games they should have won, are keeping the Browns from contending for the division. 

    I'd like to see them come out with some damn passion and knock these Ratbirds silly, but I'm probably dreaming. 

    To me, the reality of the QB Room breaks down into three thoughts on what's happening behind the scenes

    1) They actually see Sanders as a long-term option, and are using this season as a redshirt. Let DG take the lumps on this wasted season and put Sanders in there in 2026 with, God willing, a better Oline, playmakers etc. 

    2) Sanders is objectively worse than DG in every measurable factor in practice. I'd give DG a grade of "D+" so far, but maybe Sanders is an "F". I think Gabriel is playing well below average, but it could objectively be worse. Maybe Sanders is objectively worse.

    3) KS is like a lot of coaches and is being incredibly stubborn because Gabriel was, by most accounts, his guy and wants to prove he was right. It's always wild to me when coaches have this mentality, but it's something that happens all the time.

    My gut, candidly, leans towards #2 as the most likely reality with #1 being more true in terms of tanking the season. No matter what Sanders fans want to say, his personality was not the reason he slid so far in the draft. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if #3 is also the case.

  • I'll take door #3 for $1000 jrb.?

  • Ravens 38

    Clowns 6

    @7moses7 said:

    Ravens 38

    Clowns 6

    Agree and I hope it's a blowout in the first half so Shedeur can get some reps with the ones.

  • The Titans' only winnable games are against us and the Saints.  The rest are unwinnable.  Would be nice if they'd beat the Texans this week.  They're a game up on all of us in the Race To #1.    

    We want:  Giants over Packers and Raiders over Cowboys  -  This would get us tied for the #2 pick with the Saints & Jets.  And if the Titans were to win then we'd all be tied for the #1 pick.  We have to get the #1 overall so that we can get our Big  Tall  QB...and still keep our Jaguars pick for the best OLineman or WR available.  (assuming the B/T QB is worthy at season's end)  

    Even though the division title is within reach with, half of a season to go, the odds are probably better that we get the #1 overall draft pick over the division title.