Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Lums was right

Lums was right

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
32 Posts 18 Posters 2.8k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
    • 4k Posts
    • 139 Reputation
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by ATENEARS
    #1

    Sorry, had Quinn lit-up the place with an awesome display of QB'ing, I may be writing about the Brady Nation, but around here we have to give credit where credit is due and I have to say that DA is our better QB.

    Thanks for keeping the hope Lums.

    ? PlaygroundLegendP glenby73G W FlugelF 5 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

      Sorry, had Quinn lit-up the place with an awesome display of QB'ing, I may be writing about the Brady Nation, but around here we have to give credit where credit is due and I have to say that DA is our better QB.

      Thanks for keeping the hope Lums.

      Masters ?
      • Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      ? Masters wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @atenears said:

      I have to say that DA is our better QB.

      Is that based on Mangini not chosing him first, the 3 INTs thrown in a half on Sunday, or Mangini selecting him now?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Masters ?
        • Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        ? Masters wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Oh, and what exactly was Lum correct about? He told us DA would win the QB competition and would start week 1.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

          Sorry, had Quinn lit-up the place with an awesome display of QB'ing, I may be writing about the Brady Nation, but around here we have to give credit where credit is due and I have to say that DA is our better QB.

          Thanks for keeping the hope Lums.

          PlaygroundLegend PlaygroundLegendP
          • 927 Posts
          • 4 Reputation
          PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @atenears said:

          Sorry, had Quinn lit-up the place with an awesome display of QB'ing, I may be writing about the Brady Nation, but around here we have to give credit where credit is due and I have to say that DA is our better QB.

          Thanks for keeping the hope Lums.

          ATE... you couldnt hold DA or Quinns jock... although it kinda seems as if you would like to hold DA's jock... Did you know that the last 4 touchdays thrown by a Browns QB have been by Brady Quinn... where has DA been?

          Oh thats right, throwing picks and riding pine... exactly what he's good at

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

            Sorry, had Quinn lit-up the place with an awesome display of QB'ing, I may be writing about the Brady Nation, but around here we have to give credit where credit is due and I have to say that DA is our better QB.

            Thanks for keeping the hope Lums.

            glenby73 glenby73G
            • 184 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            glenby73G glenby73 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @atenears said:

            Sorry, had Quinn lit-up the place with an awesome display of QB'ing, I may be writing about the Brady Nation, but around here we have to give credit where credit is due and I have to say that DA is our better QB.

            Thanks for keeping the hope Lums.

            Either Lums has your password, or your sniffing too much glue man.

            I know what we need, another thread to start a DA/BQ debate. Let's ignore the bigger picture.

            I really hope DA does well, especially for you. At least one of us should be excited if we make 3-13 this season.

            it puts the lotion on it's skin, or it's forced to watch the Browns
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

              Sorry, had Quinn lit-up the place with an awesome display of QB'ing, I may be writing about the Brady Nation, but around here we have to give credit where credit is due and I have to say that DA is our better QB.

              Thanks for keeping the hope Lums.

              WPB Dawg Fan W
              • 1k Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @atenears said:

              Sorry, had Quinn lit-up the place with an awesome display of QB'ing, I may be writing about the Brady Nation, but around here we have to give credit where credit is due and I have to say that DA is our better QB.

              Thanks for keeping the hope Lums.

              ummmm....did DA play well and I missed it?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                • 4k Posts
                • 139 Reputation
                ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I have a good feeling that Lumbergh knows his QB'ing.

                Now, I know most of you didn't bet the farm plus the kids school lunch money last week as I advised you to. So, whatever you saved, put it all on Derek Anderson and the over ... or parlay the over with a win over the Bengals.

                It's guaranteed to recoup your losses from last week.

                Load up on this DA kid, he's special

                ? W 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                  I have a good feeling that Lumbergh knows his QB'ing.

                  Now, I know most of you didn't bet the farm plus the kids school lunch money last week as I advised you to. So, whatever you saved, put it all on Derek Anderson and the over ... or parlay the over with a win over the Bengals.

                  It's guaranteed to recoup your losses from last week.

                  Load up on this DA kid, he's special

                  Masters ?
                  • Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @atenears said:

                  I have a good feeling that Lumbergh knows his QB'ing.

                  That is the funniest thing I have seen you post in a over a year. Lumbergh knows his QBing.....lmfao 😆

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • razor1414 razor1414R
                    • 242 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    razor1414R razor1414 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    stan, did you watch the second half of the game on Sun?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Masters ?
                      • Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      CLE started 0-3 last season with the following lines from QB who will be starting on Sunday

                      vs DAL 11/24, 114 yards, 4.8 Y/A, 0 INT, 1 TD, 74QBR

                      vs PIT 18/32, 166 yards, 5.2 Y/A, 2 INT, 0 TD, 44.5QBR

                      vs BAL 14/37, 125 yards, 3.4 Y/A, 3 INT, 1 TD, 22.9QBR

                      Is this years start really all that worse w/ a different guy under center, with less weapons on offense this year than there were last year?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                        I have a good feeling that Lumbergh knows his QB'ing.

                        Now, I know most of you didn't bet the farm plus the kids school lunch money last week as I advised you to. So, whatever you saved, put it all on Derek Anderson and the over ... or parlay the over with a win over the Bengals.

                        It's guaranteed to recoup your losses from last week.

                        Load up on this DA kid, he's special

                        WPB Dawg Fan W
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @atenears said:

                        I have a good feeling that Lumbergh knows his QB'ing.

                        Now, I know most of you didn't bet the farm plus the kids school lunch money last week as I advised you to. So, whatever you saved, put it all on Derek Anderson and the over ... or parlay the over with a win over the Bengals.

                        It's guaranteed to recoup your losses from last week.

                        Load up on this DA kid, he's special

                        would that be the over on 3 INT's??? Gotcha. Sure thing. Will do!!!

                        Come on Ate...as bad as Quinn played, DA had 30.9 QBR...Quinn had a 42.7....so how are you saying that DA did better? Sure, he moved us into FG range 1x...but also threw 3 picks!!!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • glenby73 glenby73G
                          • 184 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          glenby73G glenby73 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Yep, he's sniffing glue.

                          http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wb8bAl1P-N0/SAy_...fing%2Bglue.jpg

                          it puts the lotion on it's skin, or it's forced to watch the Browns
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • AZBrowns A
                            • 300 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            A AZBrowns wrote on last edited by AZBrowns
                            #13

                            This quite possibly the stupidest xxxxing thread ever made by a website owner/moderate in the history of message boards.

                            Quinn and DA are about even. One's a pussy, the other is a moron.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • roach R One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 1k Posts
                              • 80 Reputation
                              R roach wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @jadbf said:

                              But but but he was playing from behind and trying to make up for Quinn's boring game. He was just trying to "make something happen". you have to forgive him all that bad decision making. Forget all the times he made bad decisions. It will be different now because.....because....well just because!!!!

                              i agree with Stan and JADBF on this one.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • PlaygroundLegend PlaygroundLegendP
                                • 927 Posts
                                • 4 Reputation
                                PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                ATENEARS is afraid of this thing called smart football... he is afraid of having a run game, set of a short passing game, which sets up the deep threat.

                                ATENEARS doesnt understand progression. He just wants our QB out there slinging it to braylon for 40 yds on every play whether he is triple covered or not. ATENEARS doesnt understand that DA is as dumb as a rock and throws picks all day, ATENEARS doesnt understand he has the nickname ANDERCEPTION for a reason. Did DA really move our Offense more than BQ? Subtract the yards he threw for by the yards on interceptions, and subtract his miraculous field goal opportunity for the 7 Baltimore then scored off of a pick..

                                Not only did BQ have a better QBR, but BQ only threw the ball 8 times!!! 8 times... what are you expecting?

                                6/8 200yds? thats 33ypc... thats not realistic. Did you know that DA's stats were much worse last year in his 3 starts, and thats with a better team (including Winslow, and a serviceable line).

                                We all know your just trying to rile up Quinn fans so you can sit at home and laugh at us, even though you claim you just want the QB that will get us the W, what you really want is to boost the post count of your board with this foolishness

                                I know your older than I am most likely, start acting like it

                                Mr. TM 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • bigred B
                                  • 144 Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  B bigred wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I have been all Quinn since day one and still think he can be a good QB but something don't seem right with him. He doesn't look like the same QB from last year.

                                  I am ok with the move and trust me I have never been a DA fan and I get mad with the TO too, but he looked better in the pocket when he came in then Quinn has looked all year. I will stand behind either QB as long as they win.

                                  I hope they are not stupid and take a QB with there 1st round pick, that would be a big mistake. There really isn't any QB coming out the impresses me so hopefully DA will take this thing over and learn and grow in the mistakes he has made in the past. All QB stuggle and throw INT but he seems to throw them at the wrong time.

                                  2010 1st pick- ERIC BERRY-TENNESSEE= Animal

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • pl4tinum P
                                    • 504 Posts
                                    • 1 Reputation
                                    P pl4tinum wrote on last edited by pl4tinum
                                    #17

                                    What was he right about, that's what I want to know. We still don't know if Quinn is garbage or not thanks to Mangini, and probably never will until he wins a Superbowl with another team a la Bernie Kosar.

                                    Stan your prediction that the Browns would win against the Ravens was a joke, kinda like you and Lums.

                                    2009-10 Browns Prediction: 8-8
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • lemosley01 L
                                      • 689 Posts
                                      • 0 Reputation
                                      L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Are you serious? After what we went through a few weeks ago and you start this shit?

                                      You want to know why most of us dislike Anderson? Because of you and Lums and others.

                                      Light yourselves on fire.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • pl4tinum P
                                        • 504 Posts
                                        • 1 Reputation
                                        P pl4tinum wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Alot of great posts owning alot of bigtime noobs on this thread. I'm just slammin away on that Thanks button over here.

                                        2009-10 Browns Prediction: 8-8
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend

                                          ATENEARS is afraid of this thing called smart football... he is afraid of having a run game, set of a short passing game, which sets up the deep threat.

                                          ATENEARS doesnt understand progression. He just wants our QB out there slinging it to braylon for 40 yds on every play whether he is triple covered or not. ATENEARS doesnt understand that DA is as dumb as a rock and throws picks all day, ATENEARS doesnt understand he has the nickname ANDERCEPTION for a reason. Did DA really move our Offense more than BQ? Subtract the yards he threw for by the yards on interceptions, and subtract his miraculous field goal opportunity for the 7 Baltimore then scored off of a pick..

                                          Not only did BQ have a better QBR, but BQ only threw the ball 8 times!!! 8 times... what are you expecting?

                                          6/8 200yds? thats 33ypc... thats not realistic. Did you know that DA's stats were much worse last year in his 3 starts, and thats with a better team (including Winslow, and a serviceable line).

                                          We all know your just trying to rile up Quinn fans so you can sit at home and laugh at us, even though you claim you just want the QB that will get us the W, what you really want is to boost the post count of your board with this foolishness

                                          I know your older than I am most likely, start acting like it

                                          Mr. T Mr. TM
                                          • 7k Posts
                                          • 184 Reputation
                                          Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @playgroundlegend said:

                                          ATENEARS is afraid of this thing called smart football... he is afraid of having a run game, set of a short passing game, which sets up the deep threat.

                                          We dont have a running game with twinkle toes JL, That is why we use the short passes.

                                          The problem with that is there is only one guy who can catch and he is the 3rd WR (Furrey)

                                          Will Cribbs get thrown under the bus as a WR like BQ did as QB? It would be a major improvement.

                                          Head or Gut?
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate