Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Raiders
-
So next up on the schedule is the Raiders in an important game for us not to win. (blasphemy I say!) We play lousy when we travel to the west anyway.
The Raiders are our twin in all but a couple of categories. We're somewhat better at pass D because we sack the QB better and Gabriel has been protective of the ball so we're actually in the black on turnovers.
I would like to see Shedeur play against a bad team with a full week of preparation.....but if Gabriel gets medically cleared, he'll play. It really doesn't matter that much who plays QB however. The OLine doesn't care who's back there...
The sad reality now is, we're better off losing out. It's this game and the upcoming Titans game that will make or break our draft position. We need to get to #1 overall. That's not just good for round 1.....it's good for every round after that also. And it would negate any need to bundle our two 1st round picks to move up the board, should we want to. The Jets are absolutely loaded with 1st round picks for the next 2 years. They could easily out bid us for the Titans' #1 overall selection. We would like to keep that from happening for Stef & Berry in April....or whomever will be HC & GM come April.
- It sucks, to suck every year - (preaching to the choir)
-
I think our D is something special but our offense is so bad it takes a toll on them.
I fear our D wins us this game. I too hope I'm wrong.
I think our D is something special but our offense is so bad it takes a toll on them.
I fear our D wins us this game. I too hope I'm wrong.
Exactly!
Doesn't it hurt in the pit of your stomach to hope that the Browns lose? Doesn't it make you feel ashamed...while still calling yourself a True Blue Browns Fan? It's a difficult pill to swallow. All of us true fans...and if you're a regular at a Browns message board, you're a true fan...we ALL want the Browns to win. If we beat the Raiders we will feel GOOD, even a little proud. We'll be in a good mood on Monday morning. But true blue fans will know in the back of their minds (and the back of our minds are smarter than we are) that a win against the Raiders does nothing good for the organization moving forward.
WE DON'T WANT TO FUCKING LOSE! But we HAVE TO....for the future betterment of the team that we love.
-
Sanders announced as starting the game
-
I think our D is something special but our offense is so bad it takes a toll on them.
I fear our D wins us this game. I too hope I'm wrong.
Exactly!
Doesn't it hurt in the pit of your stomach to hope that the Browns lose? Doesn't it make you feel ashamed...while still calling yourself a True Blue Browns Fan? It's a difficult pill to swallow. All of us true fans...and if you're a regular at a Browns message board, you're a true fan...we ALL want the Browns to win. If we beat the Raiders we will feel GOOD, even a little proud. We'll be in a good mood on Monday morning. But true blue fans will know in the back of their minds (and the back of our minds are smarter than we are) that a win against the Raiders does nothing good for the organization moving forward.
WE DON'T WANT TO FUCKING LOSE! But we HAVE TO....for the future betterment of the team that we love.
WE DON'T WANT TO FUCKING LOSE! But we HAVE TO....for the future betterment of the team that we love.
I don't care if it's Shedeur, Gabriel, whomever....I'd just like to see an NFL offense that scores points, brings home a W.
The bundling & trading accumulated picks hasn't worked out well in the past. We know hitting on a franchise QB in the draft is less than 50% league wide; here it's more like 5%.
Get the W. Drafting 1st, 4th, 9th, to me it doesn't matter. Just my 2 cents.
-
WE DON'T WANT TO FUCKING LOSE! But we HAVE TO....for the future betterment of the team that we love.
I don't care if it's Shedeur, Gabriel, whomever....I'd just like to see an NFL offense that scores points, brings home a W.
The bundling & trading accumulated picks hasn't worked out well in the past. We know hitting on a franchise QB in the draft is less than 50% league wide; here it's more like 5%.
Get the W. Drafting 1st, 4th, 9th, to me it doesn't matter. Just my 2 cents.
I don't care if it's Shedeur, Gabriel,
I'll tell you what, either of those two guys wants us picking as far from the #1 overall pick as possible. They'll be stupidly diving for 1st downs, doing whatever they possibly can to stave off a QB draft pick next April.
'Get the W.'
The Raiders are at the bottom of the league in Defense....but that's way better than what's needed to stop our offense. Browns capitalize on a turnover and win 3-0.
---- actually, they're not bad on Defense.
-
I don't care if it's Shedeur, Gabriel,
I'll tell you what, either of those two guys wants us picking as far from the #1 overall pick as possible. They'll be stupidly diving for 1st downs, doing whatever they possibly can to stave off a QB draft pick next April.
'Get the W.'
The Raiders are at the bottom of the league in Defense....but that's way better than what's needed to stop our offense. Browns capitalize on a turnover and win 3-0.
---- actually, they're not bad on Defense.
I'll tell you what, either of those two guys wants us picking as far from the #1 overall pick as possible. They'll be stupidly diving for 1st downs, doing whatever they possibly can to stave off a QB draft pick next April.
'Get the W.'
The Raiders are at the bottom of the league in Defense....but that's way better than what's needed to stop our offense. Browns capitalize on a turnover and win 3-0.
---- actually, they're not bad on Defense.
Right.
Browns on the road, strike 1.
Browns on offense,strike 2.
Brow....wait a minute....
Browns 22
Raiders 17
Fannin catches a deflected DBs ball in the end zone for the game winning score with 7 seconds left?
-
I think our D is something special but our offense is so bad it takes a toll on them.
I fear our D wins us this game. I too hope I'm wrong.
Exactly!
Doesn't it hurt in the pit of your stomach to hope that the Browns lose? Doesn't it make you feel ashamed...while still calling yourself a True Blue Browns Fan? It's a difficult pill to swallow. All of us true fans...and if you're a regular at a Browns message board, you're a true fan...we ALL want the Browns to win. If we beat the Raiders we will feel GOOD, even a little proud. We'll be in a good mood on Monday morning. But true blue fans will know in the back of their minds (and the back of our minds are smarter than we are) that a win against the Raiders does nothing good for the organization moving forward.
WE DON'T WANT TO FUCKING LOSE! But we HAVE TO....for the future betterment of the team that we love.
Exactly!
Doesn't it hurt in the pit of your stomach to hope that the Browns lose? Doesn't it make you feel ashamed...while still calling yourself a True Blue Browns Fan? It's a difficult pill to swallow. All of us true fans...and if you're a regular at a Browns message board, you're a true fan...we ALL want the Browns to win. If we beat the Raiders we will feel GOOD, even a little proud. We'll be in a good mood on Monday morning. But true blue fans will know in the back of their minds (and the back of our minds are smarter than we are) that a win against the Raiders does nothing good for the organization moving forward.
WE DON'T WANT TO FUCKING LOSE! But we HAVE TO....for the future betterment of the team that we love.
I was going for the losses then we started beating the crap out of the Ravens and I was enjoying it too much to care about the draft anymore.
Still got the loss so it all worked out.
-
WE DON'T WANT TO FUCKING LOSE! But we HAVE TO....for the future betterment of the team that we love.
I don't care if it's Shedeur, Gabriel, whomever....I'd just like to see an NFL offense that scores points, brings home a W.
The bundling & trading accumulated picks hasn't worked out well in the past. We know hitting on a franchise QB in the draft is less than 50% league wide; here it's more like 5%.
Get the W. Drafting 1st, 4th, 9th, to me it doesn't matter. Just my 2 cents.
The bundling & trading accumulated picks hasn't worked out well in the past.
I get the gist of what you are saying Bob, in general it hasn't.
But it did last draft, and it can pay off again this coming draft.
Trading down with Jacksonville and taking a player in Mason Graham, picking up a high second rounder that became Quinshon Judkins worked out swimmingly. Travis Hunter was treading water his rookie season before suffering a season-ending injury. Graham and Judkins are guys to build around.
And we get Jacksonville's first rounder this coming April.
-
The bundling & trading accumulated picks hasn't worked out well in the past.
I get the gist of what you are saying Bob, in general it hasn't.
But it did last draft, and it can pay off again this coming draft.
Trading down with Jacksonville and taking a player in Mason Graham, picking up a high second rounder that became Quinshon Judkins worked out swimmingly. Travis Hunter was treading water his rookie season before suffering a season-ending injury. Graham and Judkins are guys to build around.
And we get Jacksonville's first rounder this coming April.
I get the gist of what you are saying Bob, in general it hasn't.
But it did last draft, and it can pay off again this coming draft.
Trading down with Jacksonville and taking a player in Mason Graham, picking up a high second rounder that became Quinshon Judkins worked out swimmingly. Travis Hunter was treading water his rookie season before suffering a season-ending injury. Graham and Judkins are guys to build around.
And we get Jacksonville's first rounder this coming April.
I won't disagree, AB finally had a good draft. Something to build on for sure, and probably saved his job. It also may have pushed DePodesta out ( thank God).
I guess I was too generic in my comments, so I'll expand a bit here.
The draft's purpose has always been to elevate ( potentially) the teams who did poorly the prior season. The Browns have basically been in the lower tier of the NFL since their return in '99 as we all know.
I'd just like them to stand pat, stay where they are in the draft order and draft off their board(s). Accumulating picks through trades sounds great, until the player you drafted doesn't pan out. We've seen countless players not pan out here, and elsewhere. The draft is an inexact science IMHO.
I'm going to be upset, for example, if the Browns end up say 4th, 5th, or 6th in the order and move up through trading picks. Just stay put, and stay put on the Jax pick. That's all I'm asking.
-
I get the gist of what you are saying Bob, in general it hasn't.
But it did last draft, and it can pay off again this coming draft.
Trading down with Jacksonville and taking a player in Mason Graham, picking up a high second rounder that became Quinshon Judkins worked out swimmingly. Travis Hunter was treading water his rookie season before suffering a season-ending injury. Graham and Judkins are guys to build around.
And we get Jacksonville's first rounder this coming April.
I won't disagree, AB finally had a good draft. Something to build on for sure, and probably saved his job. It also may have pushed DePodesta out ( thank God).
I guess I was too generic in my comments, so I'll expand a bit here.
The draft's purpose has always been to elevate ( potentially) the teams who did poorly the prior season. The Browns have basically been in the lower tier of the NFL since their return in '99 as we all know.
I'd just like them to stand pat, stay where they are in the draft order and draft off their board(s). Accumulating picks through trades sounds great, until the player you drafted doesn't pan out. We've seen countless players not pan out here, and elsewhere. The draft is an inexact science IMHO.
I'm going to be upset, for example, if the Browns end up say 4th, 5th, or 6th in the order and move up through trading picks. Just stay put, and stay put on the Jax pick. That's all I'm asking.
I'm going to be upset, for example, if the Browns end up say 4th, 5th, or 6th in the order and move up through trading picks. Just stay put, and stay put on the Jax pick. That's all I'm asking.
And I'm for that also.
Except when you need a QB. A football team's dependency on the QB position cannot be overstated. The rules are adjusted when you need a QB. New values are assigned. What is the value of the QB in question? What draft pick would you need to attain to draft him? What will that cost? Is the price you are paying worth the expected talent level (value) of the QB....compared to not making the move, drafting a different position while knowing you still have no QB so your team is gonna suck again.
This century we've had one of the best LT's ever as well as best DE ever. 1st Ballot HOF'ers. What did their teams have in common? Crappy records year after year after year...because they had no QB. Probably the best pass blocking LT ever to play the game never had anyone worth blocking for. - It's all about the QB. It's always been all about the QB.
-
Exactly!
Doesn't it hurt in the pit of your stomach to hope that the Browns lose? Doesn't it make you feel ashamed...while still calling yourself a True Blue Browns Fan? It's a difficult pill to swallow. All of us true fans...and if you're a regular at a Browns message board, you're a true fan...we ALL want the Browns to win. If we beat the Raiders we will feel GOOD, even a little proud. We'll be in a good mood on Monday morning. But true blue fans will know in the back of their minds (and the back of our minds are smarter than we are) that a win against the Raiders does nothing good for the organization moving forward.
WE DON'T WANT TO FUCKING LOSE! But we HAVE TO....for the future betterment of the team that we love.
I was going for the losses then we started beating the crap out of the Ravens and I was enjoying it too much to care about the draft anymore.
Still got the loss so it all worked out.
-
It’s tight coverage on the game map this week, like the days of Hanford Dixon and Mighty Minnie. I bet he hates that nickname.
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2025&wk=12
Only you NOhioans get the game this week. And that weird little part of south Michigan that must be a slave to the Toledo broadcast signal, much like Van Wert is to Fort Wayne.
Other than that, it’s greater Las Vegas, which apparently entails 2 thirds of Nevada and a bit of California.
There are nuclear testing sites that get the Browns game this week. A little paste of Google…
The main nuclear testing site in Nevada is the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), located about 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas. Other significant sites include the Tonopah Test Range, the Central Nevada Test Area, and the Project Shoal Area near Fallon. These locations have been used for both atmospheric and underground nuclear tests since 1951, with regions like Frenchman Flat, Yucca Flat, Rainier Mesa, and Pahute Mesa being key areas within the NNSS.
-
I feel you. I’m hardwired and unable to root against the Browns. Stupid family curse…
I hear ya, but sometimes you gotta concede the year so the next 10 years won't suck. (In theory lol - I'm aware of our track record)
It's not a nice place to be for sure.
-
“Quinshon Judkins leads all NFL rookies with 620 rushing yards this season. The only Browns rookie with more rushing yards through their first nine career games was Jim Brown in 1957 (769) when he won both MVP and Rookie of the Year,” Murphy wrote on X.
Well then, that sheds a different light on things. And with one of the worst OL's in team history. That friggin' guy has had to work like a dog for the vast majority of those yards. Getting hit in the backfield, no holes to run through, stacked boxes all the time because nobody fears the passing game.
I hope he gets 200 yards rushing on Sunday!
-
Browns Injury Report
- OL Joel Bitonio - Rest - Limited
- DT Maliek Collins - Rest - Limited
- OL Jack Conklin - Knee - Limited
- S Grant Delpit - Elbow - Full
- QB Dillon Gabriel - Concussion - DNP
- DE Myles Garrett - Rest - Limited
- TE David Njoku - Knee - DNP
- OL Cam Robinson - Knee - Limited
- DE Alex Wright - Quad - DNP
- CB Denzel Ward - Rest - Limited
Conklin and Robinson left Week 11 with injuries, but it is a good sign they were back on the field for Wednesday’s practice. Njoku has been listed with a knee issue the last few years, so his will be an important one to watch. Did they really mean 'years' ?
Raiders Injury Report
- DT Jonah Laulu - Ribs - Limited
That is the whole list for Las Vegas, a backup defensive tackle being limited.
-
I feel you. I’m hardwired and unable to root against the Browns. Stupid family curse…
This lifelong Aggie feels your pain. Grandfather, father, older brother, etc. Last national champion was my father's freshman year. A late awarded one was the undefeated 1919 team. Shoulda had one in 1957 but Bear Bryant declared he was going to Bama when we were 8-0, 9-0-1 prior season and #1 in the country. Lost the next 3 by 6 point total. Only reward was Crow getting the Heisman.
-
The bundling & trading accumulated picks hasn't worked out well in the past.
I get the gist of what you are saying Bob, in general it hasn't.
But it did last draft, and it can pay off again this coming draft.
Trading down with Jacksonville and taking a player in Mason Graham, picking up a high second rounder that became Quinshon Judkins worked out swimmingly. Travis Hunter was treading water his rookie season before suffering a season-ending injury. Graham and Judkins are guys to build around.
And we get Jacksonville's first rounder this coming April.
I get the gist of what you are saying Bob, in general it hasn't.
But it did last draft, and it can pay off again this coming draft.
Trading down with Jacksonville and taking a player in Mason Graham, picking up a high second rounder that became Quinshon Judkins worked out swimmingly. Travis Hunter was treading water his rookie season before suffering a season-ending injury. Graham and Judkins are guys to build around.
And we get Jacksonville's first rounder this coming April.
I read on X/Twitter that the addition of former Brown DQwell Jackson considerably improved our scouting and led to this year's successful draft. Don't know how true that actually is but if they repeat the success this upcoming draft then we're onto something.
-
I get the gist of what you are saying Bob, in general it hasn't.
But it did last draft, and it can pay off again this coming draft.
Trading down with Jacksonville and taking a player in Mason Graham, picking up a high second rounder that became Quinshon Judkins worked out swimmingly. Travis Hunter was treading water his rookie season before suffering a season-ending injury. Graham and Judkins are guys to build around.
And we get Jacksonville's first rounder this coming April.
I read on X/Twitter that the addition of former Brown DQwell Jackson considerably improved our scouting and led to this year's successful draft. Don't know how true that actually is but if they repeat the success this upcoming draft then we're onto something.
I read on X/Twitter that the addition of former Brown DQwell Jackson considerably improved our scouting and led to this year's successful draft. Don't know how true that actually is but if they repeat the success this upcoming draft then we're onto something.
I loved D'Qwell, but the most ironic thing ever about him is he intercepted Tom Brady, and Deflate Gate was born.
He rarely got an interception in Cleveland, but he was a reliable tackler for sure.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login