Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. The "I am guilty" thread...

The "I am guilty" thread...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
11 Posts 9 Posters 999 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • listercat listercatL
    • 588 Posts
    • 6 Reputation
    listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I thought we would compete as well; I was way off the mark....an extreme disappointment

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Lumbergh LumberghL
      • 1k Posts
      • 2 Reputation
      LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
      #3

      Before the season I thought the Browns would go 2-1 at Bal, at Cincy, and at home vs Bal and was optimistically looking for 9 to 11 wins this year. They went 1-2 instead which made it an uphill climb to playoff contention with a focus on getting to nine wins. That plan was derailed however when the fans prompted the owner to switch QBs resulting in the final nail in the coffin with the home loss to defenseless Denver.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • OconRecon OconReconO Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 1k Posts
        • 2 Reputation
        OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
        #4

        I had two concerns after the '07 season.

        1. We had one of the lowest IR's in the NFL. Tough to repeat that.

        2. '07 was a weak sister schedule. This year we had a bunch of prime time games against prime time opponents.

        I am guilty of thinking our D would be better. I bit on Phil's D-line moves hook-line-and-sinker.

        Having these concerns, I still thought 9-7 was reasonable. Instead, 7-9 looks far more likely.

        I could have bet the farm that DA wouldn't work out. Not working out = some losses. It just never made sense that a QB cast off the QB-poor Ravens scrap pile would be a playoff level QB. He actually did better than I thought. I thought his INT:TD ratio would be 2:1 by now.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Fooleeze F
          • 204 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          F Fooleeze wrote on last edited by
          #5

          I bit. I thought they would be at least 8-8, or 9-7, and at least 'compete' with this tough schedule. Not out of the question yet, but the D would have to return to the way it was playing a few weeks back in order to do that.

          2009 prediction: 8-8, with a much more respectible looking team, and hopefully 3-3 in the division with at least 1 win over each team.
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • listercat listercatL
            • 588 Posts
            • 6 Reputation
            listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
            #6

            I really thought we could contend; however, I failed to take into account RAC and this roster filled with seemingly ADD patients who simply give up or take off a quarter or two....or in Stallworth's case several weeks

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
              • 64k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
              #7

              This sucks. I thought Cincy and the stinkin filthy ratbirds would duke it out for 3rd and 4th in the div...

              and the Browns would edge out the Steelers by winning the division.

              Then, reality sets in with DA not having the skills or intangibles to command an offense.

              And the mistakes. And Tucker's injury, and wasn't Steinbach out for the Denver game?

              And again, I seriously wonder if the DC is getting his defense so confusing by constantly making changes that

              the guys can't keep everything straight. That is what it looks like to me.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • listercat listercatL
                • 588 Posts
                • 6 Reputation
                listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
                #8

                I swear that Mel Tucker and RAC must show that old video from REM ‘Shiny Happy People’ for motivation prior to games as our defense; well team for that matter seems flaccid and high

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • next2nothing next2nothingN Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 693 Posts
                  • 9 Reputation
                  next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
                  #9

                  I thought we would contend as well.

                  I gave DA the benefit of the doubt and had nothing but optimism for him, we saw how that worked out.

                  I agree with Recon that I thought we benefited from a weak schedule last year as well. I still think a lot of the problems with this season was keeping DA in when it was obvious he wasn't going to get it done and the coaches. RAC, in my mind, is terrible. He just doesn't have any fire to him and I think that really hurts this team.

                  In my opinion, we have the talent here to compete, we just need a coach.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • rr59eagle R
                    • 88 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    R rr59eagle wrote on last edited by
                    #10

                    I am guilty too!!! I thought this team was way over hyped going into this season based on an Ohio State type schedule last year ( can you say cream puff) I knew that DA sucked AND that you win with Defense ..This team has no Defense ..I thought this group would go 7-9 .. It looks like 5 wins will be GOOD for this sorry group of underacheivers . It is like this EVERY DAMN YEAR icon_evil.gif

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • eqrulz101 E
                      • 254 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      E eqrulz101 wrote on last edited by
                      #11

                      \ said:

                      Before the season I thought the Browns would go 2-1 at Bal, at Cincy, and at home vs Bal and was optimistically looking for 9 to 11 wins this year. They went 1-2 instead which made it an uphill climb to playoff contention with a focus on getting to nine wins. That plan was derailed however when the fans prompted the owner to switch QBs resulting in the final nail in the coffin with the home loss to defenseless Denver.

                      Ya it wasnt that it was over when we was 3-5 with DA undercenter. The year wasnt over until BQ lost to Denver that our season was truley over. Now thats some funny shit Lum. You have a talent Ill tell you that. icon_lol.gif

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Theme
                      • System
                      • Light
                      • Dark
                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Forums
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Donate