Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Titans

The Browns Board
25 6 747
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #1

    image.png.b5bd1e005bb08984b401fcb4f4796f4e.png

    Well, this game had a chance to be the Draft Bowl.  But nope.  We went and beat the Raiders.  I suggest that we treat the Titans people quite kindly when they show up.  You know, chocolate bon-bons, steak tips, horse duvers, 🙂  etc.  We may want to trade with them to get up to #1.

    Aaaanyway, the numbers seem to show that their offense is even worse than ours.  That's some kinda' bad.  Their defense is right at the lower 3rd break point...so not absolutely terrible...therefore they're good enough to styme our offense...especially with Teller & Conklin out.  I'm betting that Zinter gets to wear his uniform on Sunday but he won't get it dirty unless he falls off the bench.

    I think that our defense is good enough to keep the Titans to low numbers on the scoreboard.  They've given up 48 sacks...so perhaps Myles can pick up a couple of sacks...although we lost a couple of DLinemen to go along with the 2 OLinemen against the 49'ers.  

    I'd like to see Shedeur play well and grow as a QB in this game so that he can hold the starting job.  And then continue to hone his game with the remaining games.  Of course Shedeur (like Ward apparently) has not got the supporting cast to allow him to shine.  Shedeur is going to have to shine by playing smart  football.  Take the easy completions, attack the back end of the defense when opportunity permits, and throw the ball away instead of forcing things and getting intercepted.  He has to shine by being smart and not trying to rack up big yardage numbers.  He just doesn't have the receivers to do that.  Getting this win is important for Shedeur's future.  He can't even be part of the reason that we lose. (if we lose)  We don't want to have to trade up to #1 to replace him.  We want to use our picks for OLinemen and receivers.  

    I'd like to see Judkins be able to have some fun and rack up some rushing yards...which he deserves for all of his efforts this season.  And his efforts have been herculean.  He's constantly been hit behind the LOS and has had to work like a dog to get a few yards.

    Lastly, this game represents the two top QB's in last year's draft class....until it became apparent that Shedeur was not going to be the #2 overall pick.  Hopefully Shedeur doesn't get caught up in that aspect of the game and doesn't try to force the issue and try to show that he should've been ranked right up there with Ward, if not higher.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I'm playing Judkins on my FFL team this week. Still debating on Fannin. Jeudy I kicked off weeks ago. He's not even trying.

  • I'm playing Judkins on my FFL team this week. Still debating on Fannin. Jeudy I kicked off weeks ago. He's not even trying.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #3

    @texasag1969 said:

    Jeudy I kicked off weeks ago. He's not even trying.

    Sure he is!  He's VERY trying.  🙂 

    He was yelling at Shedeur with his hands on the sidelines during the 9'er game.  Pocic had to stand up and shoe him away.  At one point Shedeur was trying to point something out to him on the ipad but Judy started at him again.  At which point Shedeur turned away with a look like, This guy just doesn't get it.  That's when Pocic stood up.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Jeudy I kicked off weeks ago. He's not even trying.

    Sure he is!  He's VERY trying.  🙂 

    He was yelling at Shedeur with his hands on the sidelines during the 9'er game.  Pocic had to stand up and shoe him away.  At one point Shedeur was trying to point something out to him on the ipad but Judy started at him again.  At which point Shedeur turned away with a look like, This guy just doesn't get it.  That's when Pocic stood up.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
    #4

    @orion said:

    Sure he is!  He's VERY trying.  🙂 

    He was yelling at Shedeur with his hands on the sidelines during the 9'er game.  Pocic had to stand up and shoe him away.  At one point Shedeur was trying to point something out to him on the ipad but Judy started at him again.  At which point Shedeur turned away with a look like, This guy just doesn't get it.  That's when Pocic stood up.

    Yep. Trade Jeudy for a 6 pack of Fat Heads Head Hunter and beef jerky. 

    This is a game the Browns must win. Hopefully Sanders shines & Judkins has another solid day.

    Damn it sucked Sunday, there were tons of 49ers fans there, and it's going to be worse vs Buffalo and Pittsburgh. Someday the Browns will reclaim a home field advantage?

  • @orion said:

    Sure he is!  He's VERY trying.  🙂 

    He was yelling at Shedeur with his hands on the sidelines during the 9'er game.  Pocic had to stand up and shoe him away.  At one point Shedeur was trying to point something out to him on the ipad but Judy started at him again.  At which point Shedeur turned away with a look like, This guy just doesn't get it.  That's when Pocic stood up.

    Yep. Trade Jeudy for a 6 pack of Fat Heads Head Hunter and beef jerky. 

    This is a game the Browns must win. Hopefully Sanders shines & Judkins has another solid day.

    Damn it sucked Sunday, there were tons of 49ers fans there, and it's going to be worse vs Buffalo and Pittsburgh. Someday the Browns will reclaim a home field advantage?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @bob806 said:

    Damn it sucked Sunday, there were tons of 49ers fans there, and it's going to be worse vs Buffalo and Pittsburgh. Someday the Browns will reclaim a home field advantage?

    Luckily for us Steelers fans are pretty fed up right now, I guess Sunday they opened the fourth quarter booing the song ‘Renegade’ and chanting “Fire Tomlin!” Their collective heart might not be in sitting in the cold in Cleveland and cheering on a non playoff team. 
     

    I do expect a large Buffalo presence though. I still contend that the Bills should be placed in the AFC North and the Ravens moved over to the East. 

  • @bob806 said:

    Damn it sucked Sunday, there were tons of 49ers fans there, and it's going to be worse vs Buffalo and Pittsburgh. Someday the Browns will reclaim a home field advantage?

    Luckily for us Steelers fans are pretty fed up right now, I guess Sunday they opened the fourth quarter booing the song ‘Renegade’ and chanting “Fire Tomlin!” Their collective heart might not be in sitting in the cold in Cleveland and cheering on a non playoff team. 
     

    I do expect a large Buffalo presence though. I still contend that the Bills should be placed in the AFC North and the Ravens moved over to the East. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @dutch-oven said:

    I do expect a large Buffalo presence though. I still contend that the Bills should be placed in the AFC North and the Ravens moved over to the East. 

    I won't disagree there, it was a true bitch-slap by Tagliabue putting the Ratbirds in our division. Either Buffalo or Indy would have been a good choice.

    My opinion is the league was truly pissed that Cleveland won the lawsuit to get our team name & colors back. Our reward was seeing the Ratbirds twice a year, total BS. I always gave my 2 season tickets to the Berea High football program, so they could raffle 'em off and make money. Only once did I attend a Browns-Ratbird game, back in 2003.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #7

    If we beat the Titans we will probably drop from pick #5 to pick #9 in the draft sweepstakes.

  • If we beat the Titans we will probably drop from pick #5 to pick #9 in the draft sweepstakes.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @orion said:

    If we beat the Titans we will probably drop from pick #5 to pick #9 in the draft sweepstakes.

    well I started Shedeur in my ff league, so maybe that will help

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    If we beat the Titans we will probably drop from pick #5 to pick #9 in the draft sweepstakes.

    well I started Shedeur in my ff league, so maybe that will help

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @syd said:

    well I started Shedeur in my ff league, so maybe that will help

    Well damn, I better throw Fannin in this week if yur gonna do that!??

  • @syd said:

    well I started Shedeur in my ff league, so maybe that will help

    Well damn, I better throw Fannin in this week if yur gonna do that!??

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well damn, I better throw Fannin in this week if yur gonna do that!??

    I went from the penthouse to the outhouse this year in my league, what's your excuse LOL

  • sydS syd

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well damn, I better throw Fannin in this week if yur gonna do that!??

    I went from the penthouse to the outhouse this year in my league, what's your excuse LOL

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @syd said:

    I went from the penthouse to the outhouse this year in my league, what's your excuse LOL

    LOL! The opposite. I'm tied with 2 others with 3 season wins so far. I've been happy to see two the last couple of weeks win their first times despite me being 2nd both of those weeks.

  • @syd said:

    I went from the penthouse to the outhouse this year in my league, what's your excuse LOL

    LOL! The opposite. I'm tied with 2 others with 3 season wins so far. I've been happy to see two the last couple of weeks win their first times despite me being 2nd both of those weeks.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #12

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! The opposite. I'm tied with 2 others with 3 season wins so far. I've been happy to see two the last couple of weeks win their first times despite me being 2nd both of those weeks.

    is this some sort of Texan I do not speak ? soft,driven, slow and mad like some new language

  • sydS syd

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! The opposite. I'm tied with 2 others with 3 season wins so far. I've been happy to see two the last couple of weeks win their first times despite me being 2nd both of those weeks.

    is this some sort of Texan I do not speak ? soft,driven, slow and mad like some new language

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #13

    @syd said:

    is this some sort of texas speak i do not understand

    We have 8 players in my FFL. Of the weekends so far in the NFL I have had the highest score 3 of those weekends as have 2 other members. On the most recent ones two of the 8 won the weekend and neither had gotten a win all season until then. My score came in 2nd place those two times.

  • sydS syd

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! The opposite. I'm tied with 2 others with 3 season wins so far. I've been happy to see two the last couple of weeks win their first times despite me being 2nd both of those weeks.

    is this some sort of Texan I do not speak ? soft,driven, slow and mad like some new language

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @syd said:

    is this some sort of Texan I do not speak ? soft,driven, slow and mad like some new language

    PS-we also are paired every week against one other player. There is no pay for it, only pride of winning. I am currently #1 in the league at 10-3 for the 13 weeks.

  • @syd said:

    is this some sort of Texan I do not speak ? soft,driven, slow and mad like some new language

    PS-we also are paired every week against one other player. There is no pay for it, only pride of winning. I am currently #1 in the league at 10-3 for the 13 weeks.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @texasag1969 said:

    PS-we also are paired every week against one other player. There is no pay for it, only pride of winning. I am currently #1 in the league at 10-3 for the 13 weeks.

    Do you get bonus points for actually drafting your own team? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    PS-we also are paired every week against one other player. There is no pay for it, only pride of winning. I am currently #1 in the league at 10-3 for the 13 weeks.

    Do you get bonus points for actually drafting your own team? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    Do you get bonus points for actually drafting your own team? 

    No, but I get a real boner when I win, not a fake one.?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Do you get bonus points for actually drafting your own team? 

    No, but I get a real boner when I win, not a fake one.?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    No, but I get a real boner when I win, not a fake one.?

    ?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Do you get bonus points for actually drafting your own team? 

    No, but I get a real boner when I win, not a fake one.?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @texasag1969 said:

    No, but I get a real boner when I win, not a fake one.?

    i am sure that makes the mrs. happy

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Do you get bonus points for actually drafting your own team? 

    No, but I get a real boner when I win, not a fake one.?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @texasag1969 said:

    No, but I get a real boner when I win, not a fake one.?

    C'mon now.....that's only when you wake up in the morning.  🙂 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    No, but I get a real boner when I win, not a fake one.?

    C'mon now.....that's only when you wake up in the morning.  🙂 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #20

    @orion said:

    C'mon now.....that's only when you wake up in the morning.  🙂 

    At 78 I wake up every morning thinking, "Winner again today!!"?