Skip to content

Draft Simulator Season!

The Browns Board
130 17 2.9k 1
  • with no trades 

    image.thumb.png.c17ffd9f05ede771a954df55bf05ebbd.png

    with trades image.thumb.png.23088302297bbe40b9839dd98f418dbb.png

    @jjmac28 said:

    with no trades 

    image.thumb.png.c17ffd9f05ede771a954df55bf05ebbd.png

    with trades image.thumb.png.23088302297bbe40b9839dd98f418dbb.png

    we need 18 new players, maybe some guys like these

  • First one- no trades.

    second one - one big trade at the top.  I’ve covered every player of interest that you all have mentioned on here.  

    IMG_8269.jpeg

    IMG_8272.jpeg

  • CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    6.CLE
    David BaileyEDGE Texas Tech
    24.CLE
    Kadyn ProctorOT Alabama
    39.CLE
    Chris Brazzell IIWR Tennessee
    70.CLE
    Parker BrailsfordOC Alabama
    107.CLE
    Kyle LouisLB Pittsburgh
    146.CLE
    Fernando Carmona Jr.OG Arkansas
    149.CLE
    Josh CameronWR Baylor
    206.CLE
    Cole PaytonQB North Dakota State
    248.CLE
    Lorenzo Styles Jr.S Ohio State
  • SUPER BOWL !!!  🙂

    image.thumb.png.0167eb6e72617559763d26ed7ef9a573.png

  • I saw a hypothetical draft trade scenario, what’s your thoughts boys?:

    Browns send their #6 and 39 picks to Dallas. They receive the Cowboys #12 and 20 picks.

    So the Browns first three picks go from 6, 24 and 39 to 12, 20 and 24.

    In this draft, I’d pull the trigger.

  • I saw a hypothetical draft trade scenario, what’s your thoughts boys?:

    Browns send their #6 and 39 picks to Dallas. They receive the Cowboys #12 and 20 picks.

    So the Browns first three picks go from 6, 24 and 39 to 12, 20 and 24.

    In this draft, I’d pull the trigger.

    @dutch-oven said:

    12, 20 and 24

    We could get a LT & WR out of those three I'm sure.

    ....or we trade 'em to the Raiders for Mendoza.  🙂  

  • I saw a hypothetical draft trade scenario, what’s your thoughts boys?:

    Browns send their #6 and 39 picks to Dallas. They receive the Cowboys #12 and 20 picks.

    So the Browns first three picks go from 6, 24 and 39 to 12, 20 and 24.

    In this draft, I’d pull the trigger.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I saw a hypothetical draft trade scenario, what’s your thoughts boys?:

    Browns send their #6 and 39 picks to Dallas. They receive the Cowboys #12 and 20 picks.

    So the Browns first three picks go from 6, 24 and 39 to 12, 20 and 24.

    In this draft, I’d pull the trigger.

    THREE 1st Round Picks this year?  YES PLEASE even if Poor Kvoethe is still having nightmares about the last time he saw mommy kissing and caressing Santa Claus; and now he's gotta watch it 3 times in 1 night...  

  • I saw a hypothetical draft trade scenario, what’s your thoughts boys?:

    Browns send their #6 and 39 picks to Dallas. They receive the Cowboys #12 and 20 picks.

    So the Browns first three picks go from 6, 24 and 39 to 12, 20 and 24.

    In this draft, I’d pull the trigger.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I saw a hypothetical draft trade scenario, what’s your thoughts boys?:

    Browns send their #6 and 39 picks to Dallas. They receive the Cowboys #12 and 20 picks.

    So the Browns first three picks go from 6, 24 and 39 to 12, 20 and 24.

    In this draft, I’d pull the trigger.

    I would.  I think it would bring some players we want to draft in to a more realistic fit between player and value. It would also give you 3 players who you could potentially have 5 years of contract control. The negative is you might have a contract imbalance with 3 top players needing an extension at the same time.

    I suppose you could extend some early, I am not sure how early you can start that process, and I suppose you could trade somebody if the contract logjam looks to be unmanageable.

  • I think that we are going to have to select a player at #6.  I don't see why any team would trade up in this draft.

  • I think that we are going to have to select a player at #6.  I don't see why any team would trade up in this draft.

    @orion said:

    I think that we are going to have to select a player at #6.  I don't see why any team would trade up in this draft.

    Best guess here -  there's a few players in this draft (especially on defense) that could get teams on the phone discussing possible trades early in round 1.  

  • 1. Spencer Fano, Utah Utes

    Big board rank: 16

    Fano is a bit light on the side for an NFL offensive lineman, but you won't find many other drawbacks in his scouting report. He plays with great pad level and flexibility, providing excellent leg drive and impactful run-blocking in any blocking scheme. His arm length appears adequate to play tackle with vice-grip hand strength and a patient pass-blocking style. He's a scheme-versatile, starting-caliber offensive lineman with All-Pro potential

    ...assuming the writer stuck the word 'light' in the wrong socket.  🙂  Most draft sites list him as #2 behind Mauigoa.  But Fano played LT (& RT)...and in reality, you're drafting for the LT spot early in round 1.

    Is this not exactly what our offense, both run & pass, needs?  (rhetorical)  The only knock on him is that he could use a few more pounds?  Just seat him next to Dewand Jones for meals throughout TC, he'll be fine.  

    Everyone seems to know that the Browns will be drafting a LT at some point in the first 2 days of the draft.  What does this mean for Dewand Jones?  If we draft a LT in round 1, he's going to be the starter.  And we want our starting tackles to be so good that Jones is the #1 backup for both of them.  

  • I think that we are going to have to select a player at #6.  I don't see why any team would trade up in this draft.

    @orion said:

    I think that we are going to have to select a player at #6.  I don't see why any team would trade up in this draft.

    That may happen.  However, there are going to be several premium defenders on the board.  Not everybody is looking to draft a little better than average WR but do want a premium pass rusher or once in 20 year safety.  The RB Love has the chance of drawing interest from a team looking for "that" back.

    There is still time for a few free agents or trades that could change the draft metrics.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.

    I think Berry's biggest fear is he is going to get stuck having to draft at #6. Especially if he is compelled to fill a need. I don't see where our needs fit our early draft slot. If I was Berry I would just take Simpson.  You can always justify taking a QB, especially after not drafting Shough or Dart last year.  When you pass on 2 QB's who are good enough to play well for other teams but not for us, it doesn't look good.

  • 1. Spencer Fano, Utah Utes

    Big board rank: 16

    Fano is a bit light on the side for an NFL offensive lineman, but you won't find many other drawbacks in his scouting report. He plays with great pad level and flexibility, providing excellent leg drive and impactful run-blocking in any blocking scheme. His arm length appears adequate to play tackle with vice-grip hand strength and a patient pass-blocking style. He's a scheme-versatile, starting-caliber offensive lineman with All-Pro potential

    ...assuming the writer stuck the word 'light' in the wrong socket.  🙂  Most draft sites list him as #2 behind Mauigoa.  But Fano played LT (& RT)...and in reality, you're drafting for the LT spot early in round 1.

    Is this not exactly what our offense, both run & pass, needs?  (rhetorical)  The only knock on him is that he could use a few more pounds?  Just seat him next to Dewand Jones for meals throughout TC, he'll be fine.  

    Everyone seems to know that the Browns will be drafting a LT at some point in the first 2 days of the draft.  What does this mean for Dewand Jones?  If we draft a LT in round 1, he's going to be the starter.  And we want our starting tackles to be so good that Jones is the #1 backup for both of them.  

    @orion said:

    1. Spencer Fano, Utah Utes

    Big board rank: 16

    Fano is a bit light on the side for an NFL offensive lineman, but you won't find many other drawbacks in his scouting report. He plays with great pad level and flexibility, providing excellent leg drive and impactful run-blocking in any blocking scheme. His arm length appears adequate to play tackle with vice-grip hand strength and a patient pass-blocking style. He's a scheme-versatile, starting-caliber offensive lineman with All-Pro potential

    ...assuming the writer stuck the word 'light' in the wrong socket.  🙂  Most draft sites list him as #2 behind Mauigoa.  But Fano played LT (& RT)...and in reality, you're drafting for the LT spot early in round 1.

    Is this not exactly what our offense, both run & pass, needs?  (rhetorical)  The only knock on him is that he could use a few more pounds?  Just seat him next to Dewand Jones for meals throughout TC, he'll be fine.  

    Everyone seems to know that the Browns will be drafting a LT at some point in the first 2 days of the draft.  What does this mean for Dewand Jones?  If we draft a LT in round 1, he's going to be the starter.  And we want our starting tackles to be so good that Jones is the #1 backup for both of them.  

    Fano showed up to the Combine weighing 291 lbs (about 10 lbs lighter than his most recent playing weight) after winning the Outland Trophy as the Nation's Best Offensive Lineman.  Some may wonder why such a player would do this.  I think I have a petty good idea (but you heard that one from me before ?) - his agent probably advised him "you may want to show NFL Teams just how quick and agile those feet and hips really are for multiple schemes so let's make you their eye candy in Indy. Now you may legitimately be thinking why would he need to after seeing his football honors/awards and reading the scouting repots on him.  Well, there's always going to be the "Yeah But" critics/types questioning why he didn't choose to play in the SEC or Big 10 for more challenging weekly battle-tests especially when it comes to 1st round prospects.  Lomu will probably also have to deal with some of these critics that have more "yeah but" in them than an outdated Budweiser Frog Chorus.  Those that have studied Fano know he started at LT as a true Freshman to understand the position flexibility his athleticism equips him with.  As I've said in previous posts, he actually snapped the ball in some drills at the Combine.

    Why all that?  Once someone drafts him, they'll probably guide/get him to the most suitable playing weight for the position he'll play there.  

  • I thought the big knock on Fano is he has midget arms.  Maybe I am confusing him with Lomu?

  • I thought the big knock on Fano is he has midget arms.  Maybe I am confusing him with Lomu?

    @ballpeen said:

    I thought the big knock on Fano is he has midget arms.  Maybe I am confusing him with Lomu?

    Beyond the perfect word choice in bold above that is a big knock on him apparently. That said, here's a cut and paste to show some OTs with short arms that have experienced success:

    image.png.855a09b9c083a906e6cd62cc66db62c2.png

    JMO, quick/fluid lateral footwork in tandem with agile hips on the edge of pass protection can help guys overcome/compensate for many disadvantages that shorter arms can lead to.  Best example I can think of is Caleb Lomu - hoping it continues in the NFL if the Browns draft him.

    @ballpeen you are also correct about Lomu having short arms per cut and paste below.

    At the 2026 NFL Combine, Utah offensive tackle Caleb Lomu measured with an arm length of 33 3/8 inches. While slightly below the ideal 34-inch threshold for NFL tackles, his arms met the minimum requirement and he paired this measurement with elite athletic testing, including a 4.99-second 40-yard dash. 
    • Height: 6'6 1/4"
    • Weight: 313 lbs
    • Arm Length: 33 3/8"
    • Hand Size: 9 1/2" 
      image.png.e5b18fa1c4a3e2db31dbbd7ec0639773.pngThe Ringer
  • Draft Picks

    6.

    CLE

    Arvell Reese

    LB Ohio State

    24.

    CLE

    Denzel Boston

    WR Washington

    39.

    CLE

    Jacob Rodriguez

    LB Texas Tech

    70.

    CLE

    Parker Brailsford

    OC Alabama

    107.

    CLE

    Max Klare

    TE Ohio State

    146.

    CLE

    Anez Cooper

    OG Miami (FL)

    149.

    CLE

    Michael Taaffe

    S Texas

    206.

    CLE

    Thaddeus Dixon

    CB North Carolina

    Straight up 6rd draft

  • Draft Picks

    6.

    CLE

    Arvell Reese

    LB Ohio State

    24.

    CLE

    Denzel Boston

    WR Washington

    39.

    CLE

    Jacob Rodriguez

    LB Texas Tech

    70.

    CLE

    Parker Brailsford

    OC Alabama

    107.

    CLE

    Max Klare

    TE Ohio State

    146.

    CLE

    Anez Cooper

    OG Miami (FL)

    149.

    CLE

    Michael Taaffe

    S Texas

    206.

    CLE

    Thaddeus Dixon

    CB North Carolina

    Straight up 6rd draft

    @blitzz2 said:

    Draft Picks

    6.

    CLE

    Arvell Reese

    LB Ohio State

    24.

    CLE

    Denzel Boston

    WR Washington

    39.

    CLE

    Jacob Rodriguez

    LB Texas Tech

    70.

    CLE

    Parker Brailsford

    OC Alabama

    107.

    CLE

    Max Klare

    TE Ohio State

    146.

    CLE

    Anez Cooper

    OG Miami (FL)

    149.

    CLE

    Michael Taaffe

    S Texas

    206.

    CLE

    Thaddeus Dixon

    CB North Carolina

    Straight up 6rd draft

    I'm not as gotta have about Reese as others; but whenever I drank enough beer back in college a disturbing percentage of the women's rugby team started looking like hotties.  - Seymore Hot

    LOVE the Anez Cooper steal; Jacob Rodriguez; Max Klare; Denzel Boston and other choices.  I don't even need 1 beer to say that.  

  • @texasag1969

    You'll be happy to know that Leveon Moss is turning into one of my late round sleepers.   I love this kids patience and strength between the tackles.

  • @texasag1969

    You'll be happy to know that Leveon Moss is turning into one of my late round sleepers.   I love this kids patience and strength between the tackles.

    @tiamat63 said:

    @texasag1969

    You'll be happy to know that Leveon Moss is turning into one of my late round sleepers.   I love this kids patience and strength between the tackles.

    Glad you like him. He has had some injury problems. South Carolina put a questionable hit on him as he was going out of bounds in 2024 and the team just could not win many games for the rest of that season since the knee injury put him out. He was a the key offensive player up until that point. I'd take him with one of the 5ths if still there.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    @texasag1969

    You'll be happy to know that Leveon Moss is turning into one of my late round sleepers.   I love this kids patience and strength between the tackles.

    Glad you like him. He has had some injury problems. South Carolina put a questionable hit on him as he was going out of bounds in 2024 and the team just could not win many games for the rest of that season since the knee injury put him out. He was a the key offensive player up until that point. I'd take him with one of the 5ths if still there.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Glad you like him. He has had some injury problems. South Carolina put a questionable hit on him as he was going out of bounds in 2024 and the team just could not win many games for the rest of that season since the knee injury put him out. He was a the key offensive player up until that point. I'd take him with one of the 5ths if still there.

     Saw that.  5 is high for me, but I'd sink 6th-7th.  Haven't seen much in the passing game, and his pass pro is spotty (at best)   but in a league that has seen nickel usage drop 5-7% in the last 2 years and more 12/personnel, I love having a patient, powerful, pure runner.  

    The A gap power A&M used was most successful when Moss was getting the handoffs.