Skip to content

Draft Simulator Season!

The Browns Board
130 17 2.9k 1
  • 1. Spencer Fano, Utah Utes

    Big board rank: 16

    Fano is a bit light on the side for an NFL offensive lineman, but you won't find many other drawbacks in his scouting report. He plays with great pad level and flexibility, providing excellent leg drive and impactful run-blocking in any blocking scheme. His arm length appears adequate to play tackle with vice-grip hand strength and a patient pass-blocking style. He's a scheme-versatile, starting-caliber offensive lineman with All-Pro potential

    ...assuming the writer stuck the word 'light' in the wrong socket.  🙂  Most draft sites list him as #2 behind Mauigoa.  But Fano played LT (& RT)...and in reality, you're drafting for the LT spot early in round 1.

    Is this not exactly what our offense, both run & pass, needs?  (rhetorical)  The only knock on him is that he could use a few more pounds?  Just seat him next to Dewand Jones for meals throughout TC, he'll be fine.  

    Everyone seems to know that the Browns will be drafting a LT at some point in the first 2 days of the draft.  What does this mean for Dewand Jones?  If we draft a LT in round 1, he's going to be the starter.  And we want our starting tackles to be so good that Jones is the #1 backup for both of them.  

    @orion said:

    1. Spencer Fano, Utah Utes

    Big board rank: 16

    Fano is a bit light on the side for an NFL offensive lineman, but you won't find many other drawbacks in his scouting report. He plays with great pad level and flexibility, providing excellent leg drive and impactful run-blocking in any blocking scheme. His arm length appears adequate to play tackle with vice-grip hand strength and a patient pass-blocking style. He's a scheme-versatile, starting-caliber offensive lineman with All-Pro potential

    ...assuming the writer stuck the word 'light' in the wrong socket.  🙂  Most draft sites list him as #2 behind Mauigoa.  But Fano played LT (& RT)...and in reality, you're drafting for the LT spot early in round 1.

    Is this not exactly what our offense, both run & pass, needs?  (rhetorical)  The only knock on him is that he could use a few more pounds?  Just seat him next to Dewand Jones for meals throughout TC, he'll be fine.  

    Everyone seems to know that the Browns will be drafting a LT at some point in the first 2 days of the draft.  What does this mean for Dewand Jones?  If we draft a LT in round 1, he's going to be the starter.  And we want our starting tackles to be so good that Jones is the #1 backup for both of them.  

    Fano showed up to the Combine weighing 291 lbs (about 10 lbs lighter than his most recent playing weight) after winning the Outland Trophy as the Nation's Best Offensive Lineman.  Some may wonder why such a player would do this.  I think I have a petty good idea (but you heard that one from me before ?) - his agent probably advised him "you may want to show NFL Teams just how quick and agile those feet and hips really are for multiple schemes so let's make you their eye candy in Indy. Now you may legitimately be thinking why would he need to after seeing his football honors/awards and reading the scouting repots on him.  Well, there's always going to be the "Yeah But" critics/types questioning why he didn't choose to play in the SEC or Big 10 for more challenging weekly battle-tests especially when it comes to 1st round prospects.  Lomu will probably also have to deal with some of these critics that have more "yeah but" in them than an outdated Budweiser Frog Chorus.  Those that have studied Fano know he started at LT as a true Freshman to understand the position flexibility his athleticism equips him with.  As I've said in previous posts, he actually snapped the ball in some drills at the Combine.

    Why all that?  Once someone drafts him, they'll probably guide/get him to the most suitable playing weight for the position he'll play there.  

  • I thought the big knock on Fano is he has midget arms.  Maybe I am confusing him with Lomu?

  • I thought the big knock on Fano is he has midget arms.  Maybe I am confusing him with Lomu?

    @ballpeen said:

    I thought the big knock on Fano is he has midget arms.  Maybe I am confusing him with Lomu?

    Beyond the perfect word choice in bold above that is a big knock on him apparently. That said, here's a cut and paste to show some OTs with short arms that have experienced success:

    image.png.855a09b9c083a906e6cd62cc66db62c2.png

    JMO, quick/fluid lateral footwork in tandem with agile hips on the edge of pass protection can help guys overcome/compensate for many disadvantages that shorter arms can lead to.  Best example I can think of is Caleb Lomu - hoping it continues in the NFL if the Browns draft him.

    @ballpeen you are also correct about Lomu having short arms per cut and paste below.

    At the 2026 NFL Combine, Utah offensive tackle Caleb Lomu measured with an arm length of 33 3/8 inches. While slightly below the ideal 34-inch threshold for NFL tackles, his arms met the minimum requirement and he paired this measurement with elite athletic testing, including a 4.99-second 40-yard dash. 
    • Height: 6'6 1/4"
    • Weight: 313 lbs
    • Arm Length: 33 3/8"
    • Hand Size: 9 1/2" 
      image.png.e5b18fa1c4a3e2db31dbbd7ec0639773.pngThe Ringer
  • Draft Picks

    6.

    CLE

    Arvell Reese

    LB Ohio State

    24.

    CLE

    Denzel Boston

    WR Washington

    39.

    CLE

    Jacob Rodriguez

    LB Texas Tech

    70.

    CLE

    Parker Brailsford

    OC Alabama

    107.

    CLE

    Max Klare

    TE Ohio State

    146.

    CLE

    Anez Cooper

    OG Miami (FL)

    149.

    CLE

    Michael Taaffe

    S Texas

    206.

    CLE

    Thaddeus Dixon

    CB North Carolina

    Straight up 6rd draft

  • Draft Picks

    6.

    CLE

    Arvell Reese

    LB Ohio State

    24.

    CLE

    Denzel Boston

    WR Washington

    39.

    CLE

    Jacob Rodriguez

    LB Texas Tech

    70.

    CLE

    Parker Brailsford

    OC Alabama

    107.

    CLE

    Max Klare

    TE Ohio State

    146.

    CLE

    Anez Cooper

    OG Miami (FL)

    149.

    CLE

    Michael Taaffe

    S Texas

    206.

    CLE

    Thaddeus Dixon

    CB North Carolina

    Straight up 6rd draft

    @blitzz2 said:

    Draft Picks

    6.

    CLE

    Arvell Reese

    LB Ohio State

    24.

    CLE

    Denzel Boston

    WR Washington

    39.

    CLE

    Jacob Rodriguez

    LB Texas Tech

    70.

    CLE

    Parker Brailsford

    OC Alabama

    107.

    CLE

    Max Klare

    TE Ohio State

    146.

    CLE

    Anez Cooper

    OG Miami (FL)

    149.

    CLE

    Michael Taaffe

    S Texas

    206.

    CLE

    Thaddeus Dixon

    CB North Carolina

    Straight up 6rd draft

    I'm not as gotta have about Reese as others; but whenever I drank enough beer back in college a disturbing percentage of the women's rugby team started looking like hotties.  - Seymore Hot

    LOVE the Anez Cooper steal; Jacob Rodriguez; Max Klare; Denzel Boston and other choices.  I don't even need 1 beer to say that.  

  • @texasag1969

    You'll be happy to know that Leveon Moss is turning into one of my late round sleepers.   I love this kids patience and strength between the tackles.

  • @texasag1969

    You'll be happy to know that Leveon Moss is turning into one of my late round sleepers.   I love this kids patience and strength between the tackles.

    @tiamat63 said:

    @texasag1969

    You'll be happy to know that Leveon Moss is turning into one of my late round sleepers.   I love this kids patience and strength between the tackles.

    Glad you like him. He has had some injury problems. South Carolina put a questionable hit on him as he was going out of bounds in 2024 and the team just could not win many games for the rest of that season since the knee injury put him out. He was a the key offensive player up until that point. I'd take him with one of the 5ths if still there.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    @texasag1969

    You'll be happy to know that Leveon Moss is turning into one of my late round sleepers.   I love this kids patience and strength between the tackles.

    Glad you like him. He has had some injury problems. South Carolina put a questionable hit on him as he was going out of bounds in 2024 and the team just could not win many games for the rest of that season since the knee injury put him out. He was a the key offensive player up until that point. I'd take him with one of the 5ths if still there.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Glad you like him. He has had some injury problems. South Carolina put a questionable hit on him as he was going out of bounds in 2024 and the team just could not win many games for the rest of that season since the knee injury put him out. He was a the key offensive player up until that point. I'd take him with one of the 5ths if still there.

     Saw that.  5 is high for me, but I'd sink 6th-7th.  Haven't seen much in the passing game, and his pass pro is spotty (at best)   but in a league that has seen nickel usage drop 5-7% in the last 2 years and more 12/personnel, I love having a patient, powerful, pure runner.  

    The A gap power A&M used was most successful when Moss was getting the handoffs. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Glad you like him. He has had some injury problems. South Carolina put a questionable hit on him as he was going out of bounds in 2024 and the team just could not win many games for the rest of that season since the knee injury put him out. He was a the key offensive player up until that point. I'd take him with one of the 5ths if still there.

     Saw that.  5 is high for me, but I'd sink 6th-7th.  Haven't seen much in the passing game, and his pass pro is spotty (at best)   but in a league that has seen nickel usage drop 5-7% in the last 2 years and more 12/personnel, I love having a patient, powerful, pure runner.  

    The A gap power A&M used was most successful when Moss was getting the handoffs. 

    @tiamat63 said:

     Saw that.  5 is high for me, but I'd sink 6th-7th.  Haven't seen much in the passing game, and his pass pro is spotty (at best)   but in a league that has seen nickel usage drop 5-7% in the last 2 years and more 12/personnel, I love having a patient, powerful, pure runner.  

    The A gap power A&M used was most successful when Moss was getting the handoffs. 

    I don't think he'll be there at 206 (6th). Most have him going anywhere from 3rd to 4th round out to around 150 overall (our 2nd 5th is 149). Just too many picks between #149 and #206. A lot may depend upon how Judkins' rehab is coming along. If it's going really well, then we have greater needs elsewhere anyway.

  • KC trade..

    Went from #6 to #9.

    Lost pick #70 to gain pick #29 from KC..

    KC wanted Freeling, we get Downs & Fano & Boston  CLpfn-logo

    OVERALL DRAFT GRADE:
    B
    9.KC
    Caleb DownsS Ohio State
    trade-icon
    B-
    24.CLE
    Spencer FanoOT Utah
    A+
    29.KC
    Denzel BostonWR Washington
    trade-icon
    B+
    39.CLE
    D'Angelo PondsCB Indiana
    B-
    107.CLE
    Elijah SarrattWR Indiana
    C-
    146.CLE
    Garrett NussmeierQB LSU
    B
    149.CLE
    Jake SlaughterOC Florida
    C
    206.CLE
    Marlin KleinTE Michigan
    B-
    248.CLE
    Cameron BallDT Arkansas
    B
     
    Traded Away
    Chiefs.png?w=80&tag=00004Pick 6
    Chiefs.png?w=80&tag=00004Pick 70
    TRADE GRADES
    Trade with KC
    B
    RECEIVED
    CLEPick #9 (1st Round) 387 value
    CLEPick #29 (1st Round)202 value
    Total value Received          589
    ⇄
    SENT
    KCPick #6 (1st Round)    446 value
    KCPick #70 (3rd Round)   70 value
    Total  value sent                     516
    Net Value: +73
  • I know there is no way in hell Resse is there at 6,but if he is i gallop to the commish and hand in the card,I also get our center in the 3rd

    CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    Overall Draft Grade:
    B-
    6.CLE
    Arvell ReeseEDGE Ohio State
    D
    24.CLE
    Caleb LomuOT Utah
    A+
    39.CLE
    Chris Brazzell IIWR Tennessee
    B+
    70.CLE
    Parker BrailsfordOC Alabama
    C+
    107.CLE
    Kyle LouisLB Pittsburgh
    C-
    146.CLE
    Max LlewellynEDGE Iowa
    F
    149.CLE
    Cole PaytonQB North Dakota State
    B-
    206.CLE
    Harrison Wallace IIIWR Ole Miss
    C+
    248.CLE
    Al'zillion HamiltonCB Fresno State
    C-
  • KC trade..

    Went from #6 to #9.

    Lost pick #70 to gain pick #29 from KC..

    KC wanted Freeling, we get Downs & Fano & Boston  CLpfn-logo

    OVERALL DRAFT GRADE:
    B
    9.KC
    Caleb DownsS Ohio State
    trade-icon
    B-
    24.CLE
    Spencer FanoOT Utah
    A+
    29.KC
    Denzel BostonWR Washington
    trade-icon
    B+
    39.CLE
    D'Angelo PondsCB Indiana
    B-
    107.CLE
    Elijah SarrattWR Indiana
    C-
    146.CLE
    Garrett NussmeierQB LSU
    B
    149.CLE
    Jake SlaughterOC Florida
    C
    206.CLE
    Marlin KleinTE Michigan
    B-
    248.CLE
    Cameron BallDT Arkansas
    B
     
    Traded Away
    Chiefs.png?w=80&tag=00004Pick 6
    Chiefs.png?w=80&tag=00004Pick 70
    TRADE GRADES
    Trade with KC
    B
    RECEIVED
    CLEPick #9 (1st Round) 387 value
    CLEPick #29 (1st Round)202 value
    Total value Received          589
    ⇄
    SENT
    KCPick #6 (1st Round)    446 value
    KCPick #70 (3rd Round)   70 value
    Total  value sent                     516
    Net Value: +73

    @gumby73 said:

    KC trade..

    Went from #6 to #9.

    Lost pick #70 to gain pick #29 from KC..

    KC wanted Freeling, we get Downs & Fano & Boston  CLpfn-logo

    OVERALL DRAFT GRADE:
    B
    9.KC
    Caleb DownsS Ohio State
    trade-icon
    B-
    24.CLE
    Spencer FanoOT Utah
    A+
    29.KC
    Denzel BostonWR Washington
    trade-icon
    B+
    39.CLE
    D'Angelo PondsCB Indiana
    B-
    107.CLE
    Elijah SarrattWR Indiana
    C-
    146.CLE
    Garrett NussmeierQB LSU
    B
    149.CLE
    Jake SlaughterOC Florida
    C
    206.CLE
    Marlin KleinTE Michigan
    B-
    248.CLE
    Cameron BallDT Arkansas
    B
     
    Traded Away
    Chiefs.png?w=80&tag=00004Pick 6
    Chiefs.png?w=80&tag=00004Pick 70
    TRADE GRADES
    Trade with KC
    B
    RECEIVED
    CLEPick #9 (1st Round) 387 value
    CLEPick #29 (1st Round)202 value
    Total value Received          589
    ⇄
    SENT
    KCPick #6 (1st Round)    446 value
    KCPick #70 (3rd Round)   70 value
    Total  value sent                     516
    Net Value: +73

    Wow!  You crushed that Gumbs!  Getting the 6'3" Elijah Sarratt at #107 was an epic steal and I just FIRED the knucklehead that gave you a C- grade for that pick.  Fano was a very good pick especially since he can play/upgrade RT, LT, and OG. Furthermore, someone wanted to see him snapping the ball in some OL drills at the combines.  I'd like to see him heavier than the 291 lbs he weighed at the Combine.  

  • sydS syd

    I know there is no way in hell Resse is there at 6,but if he is i gallop to the commish and hand in the card,I also get our center in the 3rd

    CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    Overall Draft Grade:
    B-
    6.CLE
    Arvell ReeseEDGE Ohio State
    D
    24.CLE
    Caleb LomuOT Utah
    A+
    39.CLE
    Chris Brazzell IIWR Tennessee
    B+
    70.CLE
    Parker BrailsfordOC Alabama
    C+
    107.CLE
    Kyle LouisLB Pittsburgh
    C-
    146.CLE
    Max LlewellynEDGE Iowa
    F
    149.CLE
    Cole PaytonQB North Dakota State
    B-
    206.CLE
    Harrison Wallace IIIWR Ole Miss
    C+
    248.CLE
    Al'zillion HamiltonCB Fresno State
    C-

    @syd said:

    I know there is no way in hell Resse is there at 6,but if he is i gallop to the commish and hand in the card,I also get our center in the 3rd

    CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    Overall Draft Grade:
    B-
    6.CLE
    Arvell ReeseEDGE Ohio State
    D
    24.CLE
    Caleb LomuOT Utah
    A+
    39.CLE
    Chris Brazzell IIWR Tennessee
    B+
    70.CLE
    Parker BrailsfordOC Alabama
    C+
    107.CLE
    Kyle LouisLB Pittsburgh
    C-
    146.CLE
    Max LlewellynEDGE Iowa
    F
    149.CLE
    Cole PaytonQB North Dakota State
    B-
    206.CLE
    Harrison Wallace IIIWR Ole Miss
    C+
    248.CLE
    Al'zillion HamiltonCB Fresno State
    C-

    Nice job Sid Vicious!  The 1 spot where it looks like you could have done a little better was #146 where they gave you an F.  That said, I thought you deserved better than a C- for Kyle Louis.  Was Iowa's Logan Jones available where you selected Bama's Parker Brailsford?  Not that he's a bad choice at all - Center seems like it will offer very good choices for teams from the back end of round 2 to early round 5...  

  • image.thumb.png.9cee1ae6eff6138693e79c82eada335d.png

    Did I stick to my word with Caleb Lomu at #6 overall? No.  What can I say?  I grew up with role models like Eddie Haskell and Dennis the Menace. I still got him at #24; but that doesn't mean NFL teams are going to cooperate with keeping him available for the Browns at #24.  That said, there's always 1 more freakin Caleb as an alternative at #39 as in Northwestern's Caleb Tiernan if it doesn't happen.  Why did I get an F for drafting the Rimington Award Winner (as the Nation's Best Center)? Was it a reach?  No, it was static stretch to round 2 with no bouncing - so I didn't pull any muscles making the move. And they're sending me to summer school for that? Anyway, it felt great getting DT Cameron "Moose-cille" Ball at #248 overall...

  • image.thumb.png.9cee1ae6eff6138693e79c82eada335d.png

    Did I stick to my word with Caleb Lomu at #6 overall? No.  What can I say?  I grew up with role models like Eddie Haskell and Dennis the Menace. I still got him at #24; but that doesn't mean NFL teams are going to cooperate with keeping him available for the Browns at #24.  That said, there's always 1 more freakin Caleb as an alternative at #39 as in Northwestern's Caleb Tiernan if it doesn't happen.  Why did I get an F for drafting the Rimington Award Winner (as the Nation's Best Center)? Was it a reach?  No, it was static stretch to round 2 with no bouncing - so I didn't pull any muscles making the move. And they're sending me to summer school for that? Anyway, it felt great getting DT Cameron "Moose-cille" Ball at #248 overall...

    @flugel said:

    image.thumb.png.9cee1ae6eff6138693e79c82eada335d.png

    Drew Allar at 206? You do know you would win the Cal, Jr award for that pick, right??

  • @flugel said:

    image.thumb.png.9cee1ae6eff6138693e79c82eada335d.png

    Drew Allar at 206? You do know you would win the Cal, Jr award for that pick, right??

    @texasag1969 said:

    Drew Allar at 206? You do know you would win the Cal, Jr award for that pick, right??

    I happen to be a very big fan of Cal Ripken Jr.  

  • @syd said:

    I know there is no way in hell Resse is there at 6,but if he is i gallop to the commish and hand in the card,I also get our center in the 3rd

    CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    Overall Draft Grade:
    B-
    6.CLE
    Arvell ReeseEDGE Ohio State
    D
    24.CLE
    Caleb LomuOT Utah
    A+
    39.CLE
    Chris Brazzell IIWR Tennessee
    B+
    70.CLE
    Parker BrailsfordOC Alabama
    C+
    107.CLE
    Kyle LouisLB Pittsburgh
    C-
    146.CLE
    Max LlewellynEDGE Iowa
    F
    149.CLE
    Cole PaytonQB North Dakota State
    B-
    206.CLE
    Harrison Wallace IIIWR Ole Miss
    C+
    248.CLE
    Al'zillion HamiltonCB Fresno State
    C-

    Nice job Sid Vicious!  The 1 spot where it looks like you could have done a little better was #146 where they gave you an F.  That said, I thought you deserved better than a C- for Kyle Louis.  Was Iowa's Logan Jones available where you selected Bama's Parker Brailsford?  Not that he's a bad choice at all - Center seems like it will offer very good choices for teams from the back end of round 2 to early round 5...  

    @flugel said:

    Was Iowa's Logan Jones available

    im thinking he was, I tend to drink when i draft the team

  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    Was Iowa's Logan Jones available

    im thinking he was, I tend to drink when i draft the team

    @syd said:

    im thinking he was, I tend to drink when i draft the team

    Thatta boy!

  • image.png.3614a62203241b72462c20c01023eabf.png

    image.png.2fdd7e37c9a52e34d4931cb973961c16.png

  • I will use no trades and select only one of the top 4 players who are available with my pick, just to see what it looks like using BPA as the primary basis point.

    .

    6.CLE
    Francis MauigoaOT Miami (FL)
    A-
    24.CLE
    KC ConcepcionWR Texas A&M
    A-
    39.CLE
    Emmanuel McNeil-WarrenS Toledo
    B
    70.CLE
    Caleb BanksDT Florida
    A
    107.CLE
    Febechi NwaiwuOG Oklahoma
    B-
    146.CLE
    Malachi FieldsWR Notre Dame
    B+
    149.CLE
    Beau StephensOG Iowa
    B
    206.CLE
    Carson BeckQB Miami (FL)
    A-
    248.CLE
    Al'zillion HamiltonCB Fresno State
    B-