Draft Simulator Season!
-
Another tackle to consider - that I don't think has really been mentioned - is 6'7", 312lb Texas OT Trevor Goosby.
Started the season slow, but apparently was playing excellent ball by the end of the regular season. He was praised specifically for his play during the Texas A&M game.
-
Another tackle to consider - that I don't think has really been mentioned - is 6'7", 312lb Texas OT Trevor Goosby.
Started the season slow, but apparently was playing excellent ball by the end of the regular season. He was praised specifically for his play during the Texas A&M game.
Another tackle to consider - that I don't think has really been mentioned - is 6'7", 312lb Texas OT Trevor Goosby.
Started the season slow, but apparently was playing excellent ball by the end of the regular season. He was praised specifically for his play during the Texas A&M game.
Yeah, I've drafted him on the simulator more than once. ?. He's started at RT and now that Kelvin Banks was drafted - he had a nice season at LT. Very good prospect!
-
If the first four rounds looked something like this and we went Caleb Downs and then OL, WR, OL, WR. I’d be okay with that.
I don’t see an OL that I want within the Top 5 picks. The top 5 of the draft is the gold jacket zone.
The far greater need on defense is having some Ward insurance, finding a slot corner and finding someone to compete against Ronnie Hickman. And These needs are outshadowed by replacing our OL and WR rooms.
and Collins is coming back? And we have a promising rookie DT and another younger DT that will hopefully benefit from being healthy
It's safe to say we're showing up to the "all you can eat" buffet with an empty stomach. There's going to be a lot of eye candy and desserts tempting us to boycott biggest needs or healthier choices. You have a great idea above you presented well. I know I'm speaking to the choir here; but when we had Joe Thomas here at 27 or 28 years old - did we ever waste time considering top LT prospects? No; we always seem to have plenty of different needs where at least 1 can match or come very close to the BPA for the draft slot or the next one.
Teams that do their homework know how many OTackles are worthy of 1st or 2nd round draft slots. From what I've read and heard, this year's stock of potential/obvious immediate starters seems like it can be depleted by the end of round 2 at OT. That said, there are OTs that will be drafted to play OG (like the Browns once did with Joel Bitonio in round 2) - we can probably find some of these guys after round 2. It's not always the arm length that separates the guards from the tackles - it often the footwork, base and agility that determine how ell they can play with space to their outside. If that's really good, nobody is gonna worry if a guy's arm length is only 33 or 34 inches. If it's not good - they'll kick him inside or put him at RT if they think he can handle it.
It's safe to say we're showing up the the "all you can eat" buffet with an empty stomach. There's going to be a lot of eye candy and desserts tempting us to boycott biggest needs or healthier choices. You have a great idea above you presented well. I know I'm speaking to the choir here; but when we had Joe Thomas here at 27 or 28 years old - did we ever waste time considering top LT prospects? No; we always seem to have plenty of different needs where at least 1 can match or come very close to the BPA for the draft slot or the next one.
Teams that do their homework know how many OTackles are worthy of 1st or 2nd round draft slots. From what I've read and heard, this year's stock of potential/obvious immediate starters seems like it can be depleted by the end of round 2 at OT. That said, there are OTs that will be drafted to play OG (like the Browns once did with Joel Bitonio in round 2) - we can probably find some of these guys after round 2. It's not always the arm length that separates the guards from the tackles - it often the footwork, base and agility that determine how ell they can play with space to their outside. If that's really good, nobody is gonna worry if a guy's arm length is only 33 or 34 inches. If it's not good - they'll kick him inside or put him at RT if they think he can handle it.
Never been to the Sizzler but here goes (it is buffet style I believe). I imagine you go there for the steak but if you are hungry for a little bit of everything….why order a second steak when you need a potato, salad, bread, green beans, dessert, etc.
there is some strong love in here about going 7/8 deep with great talent on the Dline - I understand it is important but when you take inventory of the secondary it is an area that we probably need a Day 2 pick. I mentioned the concerns above but let’s not forget the good problem brewing we have Delpit who is a playing well but will be free agent after next season. He will be paid well here or somewhere else.
And Speaking strictly on the Top 3 pick …are we thinking about Lomu, Fano, The Miami Tackle, or Tate WR? The consensus (right now on those players)…probably first round not Top 5. I love Tate but even I have a hard time pulling that trigger at say 2 or 3.
I’ve said this before…2020 draft we drafted for need at 10 and took the third best tackle - if he worked out we would just be in the position of replacing one tackle.
-
It's safe to say we're showing up the the "all you can eat" buffet with an empty stomach. There's going to be a lot of eye candy and desserts tempting us to boycott biggest needs or healthier choices. You have a great idea above you presented well. I know I'm speaking to the choir here; but when we had Joe Thomas here at 27 or 28 years old - did we ever waste time considering top LT prospects? No; we always seem to have plenty of different needs where at least 1 can match or come very close to the BPA for the draft slot or the next one.
Teams that do their homework know how many OTackles are worthy of 1st or 2nd round draft slots. From what I've read and heard, this year's stock of potential/obvious immediate starters seems like it can be depleted by the end of round 2 at OT. That said, there are OTs that will be drafted to play OG (like the Browns once did with Joel Bitonio in round 2) - we can probably find some of these guys after round 2. It's not always the arm length that separates the guards from the tackles - it often the footwork, base and agility that determine how ell they can play with space to their outside. If that's really good, nobody is gonna worry if a guy's arm length is only 33 or 34 inches. If it's not good - they'll kick him inside or put him at RT if they think he can handle it.
Never been to the Sizzler but here goes (it is buffet style I believe). I imagine you go there for the steak but if you are hungry for a little bit of everything….why order a second steak when you need a potato, salad, bread, green beans, dessert, etc.
there is some strong love in here about going 7/8 deep with great talent on the Dline - I understand it is important but when you take inventory of the secondary it is an area that we probably need a Day 2 pick. I mentioned the concerns above but let’s not forget the good problem brewing we have Delpit who is a playing well but will be free agent after next season. He will be paid well here or somewhere else.
And Speaking strictly on the Top 3 pick …are we thinking about Lomu, Fano, The Miami Tackle, or Tate WR? The consensus (right now on those players)…probably first round not Top 5. I love Tate but even I have a hard time pulling that trigger at say 2 or 3.
I’ve said this before…2020 draft we drafted for need at 10 and took the third best tackle - if he worked out we would just be in the position of replacing one tackle.
Never been to the Sizzler but here goes (it is buffet style I believe). I imagine you go there for the steak but if you are hungry for a little bit of everything….why order a second steak when you need a potato, salad, bread, green beans, dessert, etc.
there is some strong love in here about going 7/8 deep with great talent on the Dline - I understand it is important but when you take inventory of the secondary it is an area that we probably need a Day 2 pick. I mentioned the concerns above but let’s not forget the good problem brewing we have Delpit who is a playing well but will be free agent after next season. He will be paid well here or somewhere else.
And Speaking strictly on the Top 3 pick …are we thinking about Lomu, Fano, The Miami Tackle, or Tate WR? The consensus (right now on those players)…probably first round not Top 5. I love Tate but even I have a hard time pulling that trigger at say 2 or 3.
I’ve said this before…2020 draft we drafted for need at 10 and took the third best tackle - if he worked out we would just be in the position of replacing one tackle.
Don't worry, I got it covered. Ready? We'll beat Cincinnati by accident pretending the rivalry means something this year. That'll kick us back a couple spots further where any of those will make a little more sense. There's not many true LTs in this draft so do we slightly reach for one? Or, take one that won't be a BPA later in a weak Tackle draft in terms of volume. And you this that LT isn't a position where teams just get rid of good veteran. Lucas & Robinson have been totally worthless. This draft is going to offer a very short window within it's supply for the demand - it's a necessary evil that previous neglect forces our hand to do imo.
-
If the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I’d probably want them to take Mendoza.
If they end up with the second overall pick, I’d hope someone really wants Dante Moore if he declares. He’s too young and too inexperienced for me to get behind.
Beyond that, for what the Browns need, anywhere in the top 10 would probably work. There’s like 5 or so OLinemen/WR I’d consider.
-
It's safe to say we're showing up the the "all you can eat" buffet with an empty stomach. There's going to be a lot of eye candy and desserts tempting us to boycott biggest needs or healthier choices. You have a great idea above you presented well. I know I'm speaking to the choir here; but when we had Joe Thomas here at 27 or 28 years old - did we ever waste time considering top LT prospects? No; we always seem to have plenty of different needs where at least 1 can match or come very close to the BPA for the draft slot or the next one.
Teams that do their homework know how many OTackles are worthy of 1st or 2nd round draft slots. From what I've read and heard, this year's stock of potential/obvious immediate starters seems like it can be depleted by the end of round 2 at OT. That said, there are OTs that will be drafted to play OG (like the Browns once did with Joel Bitonio in round 2) - we can probably find some of these guys after round 2. It's not always the arm length that separates the guards from the tackles - it often the footwork, base and agility that determine how ell they can play with space to their outside. If that's really good, nobody is gonna worry if a guy's arm length is only 33 or 34 inches. If it's not good - they'll kick him inside or put him at RT if they think he can handle it.
Never been to the Sizzler but here goes (it is buffet style I believe). I imagine you go there for the steak but if you are hungry for a little bit of everything….why order a second steak when you need a potato, salad, bread, green beans, dessert, etc.
there is some strong love in here about going 7/8 deep with great talent on the Dline - I understand it is important but when you take inventory of the secondary it is an area that we probably need a Day 2 pick. I mentioned the concerns above but let’s not forget the good problem brewing we have Delpit who is a playing well but will be free agent after next season. He will be paid well here or somewhere else.
And Speaking strictly on the Top 3 pick …are we thinking about Lomu, Fano, The Miami Tackle, or Tate WR? The consensus (right now on those players)…probably first round not Top 5. I love Tate but even I have a hard time pulling that trigger at say 2 or 3.
I’ve said this before…2020 draft we drafted for need at 10 and took the third best tackle - if he worked out we would just be in the position of replacing one tackle.
Never been to the Sizzler but here goes (it is buffet style I believe). I imagine you go there for the steak but if you are hungry for a little bit of everything….why order a second steak when you need a potato, salad, bread, green beans, dessert, etc.
there is some strong love in here about going 7/8 deep with great talent on the Dline - I understand it is important but when you take inventory of the secondary it is an area that we probably need a Day 2 pick. I mentioned the concerns above but let’s not forget the good problem brewing we have Delpit who is a playing well but will be free agent after next season. He will be paid well here or somewhere else.
And Speaking strictly on the Top 3 pick …are we thinking about Lomu, Fano, The Miami Tackle, or Tate WR? The consensus (right now on those players)…probably first round not Top 5. I love Tate but even I have a hard time pulling that trigger at say 2 or 3.
I’ve said this before…2020 draft we drafted for need at 10 and took the third best tackle - if he worked out we would just be in the position of replacing one tackle.
I more thing, Joe Thomas did work out at #3 overall while trading up for Brady Quinn for our 2nd pick in round 1 that year did not. Remember hearing he was the most pro ready QB for the draft because Charlie Weiss was his HC at ND? He ended up being Tim Tebow's baseball cap caddy on the sidelines in Denver. ? It's the Cleveland Browns.
-
If the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I’d probably want them to take Mendoza.
If they end up with the second overall pick, I’d hope someone really wants Dante Moore if he declares. He’s too young and too inexperienced for me to get behind.
Beyond that, for what the Browns need, anywhere in the top 10 would probably work. There’s like 5 or so OLinemen/WR I’d consider.
If the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I’d probably want them to take Mendoza.
If they end up with the second overall pick, I’d hope someone really wants Dante Moore if he declares. He’s too young and too inexperienced for me to get behind.
Beyond that, for what the Browns need, anywhere in the top 10 would probably work. There’s like 5 or so OLinemen/WR I’d consider.
No argument here. I'll take me LB Jacob Rodriguez in round 4 to be the perfect complement to Schwesinger. One thing we lack is someone that dislodges the football. Can't wait to see Texas Tech play all of a sudden...
-
If the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I’d probably want them to take Mendoza.
If they end up with the second overall pick, I’d hope someone really wants Dante Moore if he declares. He’s too young and too inexperienced for me to get behind.
Beyond that, for what the Browns need, anywhere in the top 10 would probably work. There’s like 5 or so OLinemen/WR I’d consider.
No argument here. I'll take me LB Jacob Rodriguez in round 4 to be the perfect complement to Schwesinger. One thing we lack is someone that dislodges the football. Can't wait to see Texas Tech play all of a sudden...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today.
The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday.
Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case, I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur. That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack. The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock. The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking.
If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Raiders are really bad...
-
Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today.
The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday.
Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case, I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur. That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack. The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock. The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking.
If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Raiders are really bad...
Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case, I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur. That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack. The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock. The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking.
If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Raiders are really bad...
I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside.
All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him
-
Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case, I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur. That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack. The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock. The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking.
If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Raiders are really bad...
I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside.
All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him
I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside.
All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him
I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?
EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login