Skip to content

Draft Simulator Season!

The Browns Board
130 17 2.9k 1
  • If the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I’d probably want them to take Mendoza. 
     

    If they end up with the second overall pick, I’d hope someone really wants Dante Moore if he declares. He’s too young and too inexperienced for me to get behind. 
     

    Beyond that, for what the Browns need, anywhere in the top 10 would probably work. There’s like 5 or so OLinemen/WR I’d consider. 

  • @flugel said:

    It's safe to say we're showing up the the "all you can eat" buffet with an empty stomach.  There's going to be a lot of eye candy and desserts tempting us to boycott biggest needs or healthier choices. You have a great idea above you presented well.  I know I'm speaking to the choir here; but when we had Joe Thomas here at 27 or 28 years old - did we ever waste time considering top LT prospects?  No; we always seem to have plenty of different needs where at least 1 can match or come very close to the BPA for the draft slot or the next one. 

    Teams that do their homework know how many OTackles are worthy of 1st or 2nd round draft slots.  From what I've read and heard, this year's stock of potential/obvious immediate starters seems like it can be depleted by the end of round 2 at OT.  That said, there are OTs that will be drafted to play OG (like the Browns once did with Joel Bitonio in round 2) - we can probably find some of these guys after round 2.  It's not always the arm length that separates the guards from the tackles - it often the footwork, base and agility that determine how ell they can play with space to their outside.  If that's really good, nobody is gonna worry if a guy's arm length is only 33 or 34 inches.  If it's not good - they'll kick him inside or put him at RT if they think he can handle it.  

    Never been to the Sizzler but here goes (it is buffet style I believe).  I imagine you go there for the steak but if you are hungry for a little bit of everything….why order a second steak when you need a potato, salad, bread, green beans, dessert, etc.  

    there is some strong love in here about going 7/8 deep with great talent on the Dline - I understand it is important but when you take inventory of the secondary it is an area that we probably need a Day 2 pick.  I mentioned the concerns above but let’s not forget the good problem brewing we have Delpit who is a playing well but will be free agent after next season. He will be paid well here or somewhere else. 

    And Speaking strictly on the Top 3 pick …are we thinking about Lomu, Fano, The Miami Tackle, or Tate WR?  The consensus (right now on those players)…probably first round not Top 5.  I love Tate but even I have a hard time pulling that trigger at say 2 or 3. 
     

    I’ve said this before…2020 draft we drafted for need at 10 and took the third best tackle - if he worked out we would just be in the position of replacing one tackle. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Never been to the Sizzler but here goes (it is buffet style I believe).  I imagine you go there for the steak but if you are hungry for a little bit of everything….why order a second steak when you need a potato, salad, bread, green beans, dessert, etc.  

    there is some strong love in here about going 7/8 deep with great talent on the Dline - I understand it is important but when you take inventory of the secondary it is an area that we probably need a Day 2 pick.  I mentioned the concerns above but let’s not forget the good problem brewing we have Delpit who is a playing well but will be free agent after next season. He will be paid well here or somewhere else. 

    And Speaking strictly on the Top 3 pick …are we thinking about Lomu, Fano, The Miami Tackle, or Tate WR?  The consensus (right now on those players)…probably first round not Top 5.  I love Tate but even I have a hard time pulling that trigger at say 2 or 3. 
     

    I’ve said this before…2020 draft we drafted for need at 10 and took the third best tackle - if he worked out we would just be in the position of replacing one tackle. 

    I more thing, Joe Thomas did work out at #3 overall while trading up for Brady Quinn for our 2nd pick in round 1 that year did not.  Remember hearing he was the most pro ready QB for the draft because Charlie Weiss was his HC at ND?   He ended up being Tim Tebow's baseball cap caddy on the sidelines in Denver.  ?  It's the Cleveland Browns. 

  • If the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I’d probably want them to take Mendoza. 
     

    If they end up with the second overall pick, I’d hope someone really wants Dante Moore if he declares. He’s too young and too inexperienced for me to get behind. 
     

    Beyond that, for what the Browns need, anywhere in the top 10 would probably work. There’s like 5 or so OLinemen/WR I’d consider. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    If the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I’d probably want them to take Mendoza. 
     

    If they end up with the second overall pick, I’d hope someone really wants Dante Moore if he declares. He’s too young and too inexperienced for me to get behind. 
     

    Beyond that, for what the Browns need, anywhere in the top 10 would probably work. There’s like 5 or so OLinemen/WR I’d consider. 

    No argument here.  I'll take me LB Jacob Rodriguez in round 4 to be the perfect complement to Schwesinger. One thing we lack is someone that dislodges the football.  Can't wait to see Texas Tech play all of a sudden...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I’d probably want them to take Mendoza. 
     

    If they end up with the second overall pick, I’d hope someone really wants Dante Moore if he declares. He’s too young and too inexperienced for me to get behind. 
     

    Beyond that, for what the Browns need, anywhere in the top 10 would probably work. There’s like 5 or so OLinemen/WR I’d consider. 

    No argument here.  I'll take me LB Jacob Rodriguez in round 4 to be the perfect complement to Schwesinger. One thing we lack is someone that dislodges the football.  Can't wait to see Texas Tech play all of a sudden...

    @flugel said:

    No argument here.  I'll take me LB Jacob Rodriguez in round 4 to be the perfect complement to Schwesinger. One thing we lack is someone that dislodges the football.  Can't wait to see Texas Tech play all of a sudden...

    I took this guy

    84.CAR

    Deontae LawsonLB Alabam
  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    No argument here.  I'll take me LB Jacob Rodriguez in round 4 to be the perfect complement to Schwesinger. One thing we lack is someone that dislodges the football.  Can't wait to see Texas Tech play all of a sudden...

    I took this guy

    84.CAR

    Deontae LawsonLB Alabam

    @syd said:

    I took this guy

    84.CAR

    Deontae LawsonLB Alabam

    Nice. You gonna watch him tonight Syd?

  • @syd said:

    I took this guy

    84.CAR

    Deontae LawsonLB Alabam

    Nice. You gonna watch him tonight Syd?

    @flugel said:

    Nice. You gonna watch him tonight Syd?

    oh hell yes  i am , did you watch any of the western michigan game today ?

  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    Nice. You gonna watch him tonight Syd?

    oh hell yes  i am , did you watch any of the western michigan game today ?

    @syd said:

    oh hell yes  i am , did you watch any of the western michigan game today ?

    Good!  I did watch some!  Their QB is a freakin stud.  That's a REAL good football team.  

  • @syd said:

    oh hell yes  i am , did you watch any of the western michigan game today ?

    Good!  I did watch some!  Their QB is a freakin stud.  That's a REAL good football team.  

    @flugel said:

    Good!  I did watch some!  Their QB is a freakin stud.  That's a REAL good football team.  

    I would like to see who is coming out this year from their Defense 

  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    Good!  I did watch some!  Their QB is a freakin stud.  That's a REAL good football team.  

    I would like to see who is coming out this year from their Defense 

    @syd said:

    I would like to see who is coming out this year from their Defense 

    January 5 and 23rd are your key dates.  Players not in the playoffs by the 5th.  Players in the playoffs Jan 23rd.

  •  Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

  •  Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

    @mddawg said:

     Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

    I’ve heard we are at #3

  •  Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

    @mddawg said:

     Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

    The Raiders are trying to warn anyone watching - they DO NOT have a 3rd win in them this year.

  • @mddawg said:

     Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

    The Raiders are trying to warn anyone watching - they DO NOT have a 3rd win in them this year.

    @flugel said:

    The Raiders are trying to warn anyone watching - they DO NOT have a 3rd win in them this year.

    Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today. 
     

    The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday. 

  • @flugel said:

    The Raiders are trying to warn anyone watching - they DO NOT have a 3rd win in them this year.

    Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today. 
     

    The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today. 
     

    The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday. 

    Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case,  I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur.  That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack.  The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock.  The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking. 

    If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The Raiders are really bad...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today. 
     

    The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday. 

    Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case,  I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur.  That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack.  The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock.  The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking. 

    If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The Raiders are really bad...

    @flugel said:

    Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case,  I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur.  That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack.  The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock.  The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking. 

    If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The Raiders are really bad...

    I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside. 
     

    All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him 

  • @flugel said:

    Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case,  I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur.  That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack.  The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock.  The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking. 

    If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The Raiders are really bad...

    I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside. 
     

    All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside. 
     

    All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him 

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside. 
     

    All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him 

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    @nickers said:

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

  • @nickers said:

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

    Julian Edelman later played QB at Kent State like Cribbs and became a very good STs Punt return specialist and WR for NE as a rookie in 2009 (he also missed some games due to injury).

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside. 
     

    All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him 

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    @nickers said:

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    I just can't philosophically get behind drafting Moore, especially #2 overall because:

    1. He would be entering the NFL with around 20 college starts. I want my college QBs to have at least 30 or more starts.

    2. He would be 21 years old when the 2026 season starts. 

    Regarding the special teams players, I feel through savvy free agent pickups we can get guys who can help that wouldn't break the bank. It's weird but in the past we would have crappy teams but some decent special teams. Mangini's teams for example... 

  • @nickers said:

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

    Riddle me this bleed:

    As often as the Browns ran the WildDawg with Cribbs over the years, why did it seem like they never had him pass out of it?

    I know he obviously wasn't NFL caliber as regards to being a traditional QB, but out of the WildDawg it seemed like they could have exploited his passing background more.