Draft Simulator Season!
-
If the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I’d probably want them to take Mendoza.
If they end up with the second overall pick, I’d hope someone really wants Dante Moore if he declares. He’s too young and too inexperienced for me to get behind.
Beyond that, for what the Browns need, anywhere in the top 10 would probably work. There’s like 5 or so OLinemen/WR I’d consider.
No argument here. I'll take me LB Jacob Rodriguez in round 4 to be the perfect complement to Schwesinger. One thing we lack is someone that dislodges the football. Can't wait to see Texas Tech play all of a sudden...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today.
The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday.
Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case, I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur. That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack. The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock. The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking.
If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Raiders are really bad...
-
Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today.
The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday.
Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case, I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur. That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack. The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock. The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking.
If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Raiders are really bad...
Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case, I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur. That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack. The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock. The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking.
If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Raiders are really bad...
I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside.
All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him
-
Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case, I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur. That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack. The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock. The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking.
If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Raiders are really bad...
I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside.
All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him
I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside.
All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him
I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?
EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..
-
I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside.
All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him
I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?
EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..
I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?
EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..
Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.
-
I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?
EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..
Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.
Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.
Julian Edelman later played QB at Kent State like Cribbs and became a very good STs Punt return specialist and WR for NE as a rookie in 2009 (he also missed some games due to injury).
-
I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside.
All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him
I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?
EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..
I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?
EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..
I just can't philosophically get behind drafting Moore, especially #2 overall because:
1. He would be entering the NFL with around 20 college starts. I want my college QBs to have at least 30 or more starts.
2. He would be 21 years old when the 2026 season starts.
Regarding the special teams players, I feel through savvy free agent pickups we can get guys who can help that wouldn't break the bank. It's weird but in the past we would have crappy teams but some decent special teams. Mangini's teams for example...
-
I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?
EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..
Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.
Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.
Riddle me this bleed:
As often as the Browns ran the WildDawg with Cribbs over the years, why did it seem like they never had him pass out of it?
I know he obviously wasn't NFL caliber as regards to being a traditional QB, but out of the WildDawg it seemed like they could have exploited his passing background more.
-
I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?
EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..
I just can't philosophically get behind drafting Moore, especially #2 overall because:
1. He would be entering the NFL with around 20 college starts. I want my college QBs to have at least 30 or more starts.
2. He would be 21 years old when the 2026 season starts.
Regarding the special teams players, I feel through savvy free agent pickups we can get guys who can help that wouldn't break the bank. It's weird but in the past we would have crappy teams but some decent special teams. Mangini's teams for example...
I just can't philosophically get behind drafting Moore, especially #2 overall because:
1. He would be entering the NFL with around 20 college starts. I want my college QBs to have at least 30 or more starts.
2. He would be 21 years old when the 2026 season starts.
Regarding the special teams players, I feel through savvy free agent pickups we can get guys who can help that wouldn't break the bank. It's weird but in the past we would have crappy teams but some decent special teams. Mangini's teams for example...
Yeah... I'm with ya... But knowing the browns... They may gamble for potential down the road... I read earlier somewhere a few souls like Moores potential down the road being more significant than Mendoza.. Where in my mind... Mendoza you can start right out of the box... (Not that I agree with that).. But.. Right now it's all fodder until the chips fall where they may..
-
Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.
Riddle me this bleed:
As often as the Browns ran the WildDawg with Cribbs over the years, why did it seem like they never had him pass out of it?
I know he obviously wasn't NFL caliber as regards to being a traditional QB, but out of the WildDawg it seemed like they could have exploited his passing background more.
Riddle me this bleed:
As often as the Browns ran the WildDawg with Cribbs over the years, why did it seem like they never had him pass out of it?
I know he obviously wasn't NFL caliber as regards to being a traditional QB, but out of the WildDawg it seemed like they could have exploited his passing background more.
I just hit the Google and it looks like he attempted 10 passes with 6 completions, and a total of 30 passing yards. Certainly not a ton.
I recall it was an annual question with “how can we get Cribbs more involved in the offense?” but it just never panned out with any degree of consistency.
-
Riddle me this bleed:
As often as the Browns ran the WildDawg with Cribbs over the years, why did it seem like they never had him pass out of it?
I know he obviously wasn't NFL caliber as regards to being a traditional QB, but out of the WildDawg it seemed like they could have exploited his passing background more.
I just hit the Google and it looks like he attempted 10 passes with 6 completions, and a total of 30 passing yards. Certainly not a ton.
I recall it was an annual question with “how can we get Cribbs more involved in the offense?” but it just never panned out with any degree of consistency.
I just hit the Google and it looks like he attempted 10 passes with 6 completions, and a total of 30 passing yards. Certainly not a ton.
I recall it was an annual question with “how can we get Cribbs more involved in the offense?” but it just never panned out with any degree of consistency.
I always wondered if possibly safety would have been a good spot for him...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login