Skip to content

Draft Simulator Season!

The Browns Board
130 17 2.9k 1
  • @syd said:

    I took this guy

    84.CAR

    Deontae LawsonLB Alabam

    Nice. You gonna watch him tonight Syd?

    @flugel said:

    Nice. You gonna watch him tonight Syd?

    oh hell yes  i am , did you watch any of the western michigan game today ?

  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    Nice. You gonna watch him tonight Syd?

    oh hell yes  i am , did you watch any of the western michigan game today ?

    @syd said:

    oh hell yes  i am , did you watch any of the western michigan game today ?

    Good!  I did watch some!  Their QB is a freakin stud.  That's a REAL good football team.  

  • @syd said:

    oh hell yes  i am , did you watch any of the western michigan game today ?

    Good!  I did watch some!  Their QB is a freakin stud.  That's a REAL good football team.  

    @flugel said:

    Good!  I did watch some!  Their QB is a freakin stud.  That's a REAL good football team.  

    I would like to see who is coming out this year from their Defense 

  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    Good!  I did watch some!  Their QB is a freakin stud.  That's a REAL good football team.  

    I would like to see who is coming out this year from their Defense 

    @syd said:

    I would like to see who is coming out this year from their Defense 

    January 5 and 23rd are your key dates.  Players not in the playoffs by the 5th.  Players in the playoffs Jan 23rd.

  •  Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

  •  Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

    @mddawg said:

     Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

    I’ve heard we are at #3

  •  Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

    @mddawg said:

     Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

    The Raiders are trying to warn anyone watching - they DO NOT have a 3rd win in them this year.

  • @mddawg said:

     Titans and Saints won today so do we move to the 2nd pick now?

    The Raiders are trying to warn anyone watching - they DO NOT have a 3rd win in them this year.

    @flugel said:

    The Raiders are trying to warn anyone watching - they DO NOT have a 3rd win in them this year.

    Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today. 
     

    The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday. 

  • @flugel said:

    The Raiders are trying to warn anyone watching - they DO NOT have a 3rd win in them this year.

    Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today. 
     

    The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today. 
     

    The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday. 

    Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case,  I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur.  That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack.  The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock.  The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking. 

    If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The Raiders are really bad...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Browns have the 3rd overall pick as of today. 
     

    The two teams ahead of them - the Giants and Raiders - play each other next week. Depending on the SOS tie breaker we could be at 2 Sunday. 

    Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case,  I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur.  That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack.  The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock.  The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking. 

    If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The Raiders are really bad...

    @flugel said:

    Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case,  I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur.  That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack.  The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock.  The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking. 

    If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The Raiders are really bad...

    I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside. 
     

    All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him 

  • @flugel said:

    Yes. 1 of those teams just drafted a QB in round 1 this year; while the other desperately wants to have their pick of the litter in round 1. The good thing about the Raiders is they're terrible enough to where viewers can't tell if they're trying to lose or win. Either way, picking at #2 doesn't get us the pick of the litter at QB. That being the case,  I don't think Dante Moore has better upside than Shedeur.  That Oregon program has a talented OL that the Browns lack.  The last Oregon QB came to Cleveland and got a huge culture shock.  The fans don't even want to see him again - we've heard the boos and the booze talking. 

    If the Raiders win by accident; and the Giants decide to address the many areas they need to early on (aside from QB) - now the Browns can entertain trade offers for Mendoza or take him.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The Raiders are really bad...

    I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside. 
     

    All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside. 
     

    All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him 

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside. 
     

    All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him 

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    @nickers said:

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

  • @nickers said:

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

    Julian Edelman later played QB at Kent State like Cribbs and became a very good STs Punt return specialist and WR for NE as a rookie in 2009 (he also missed some games due to injury).

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I’ve heard a few draftniks say that they think Mendoza is more NFL ready today but think Moore could have the higher upside. 
     

    All we need is a couple teams to fall in love with him 

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    @nickers said:

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    I just can't philosophically get behind drafting Moore, especially #2 overall because:

    1. He would be entering the NFL with around 20 college starts. I want my college QBs to have at least 30 or more starts.

    2. He would be 21 years old when the 2026 season starts. 

    Regarding the special teams players, I feel through savvy free agent pickups we can get guys who can help that wouldn't break the bank. It's weird but in the past we would have crappy teams but some decent special teams. Mangini's teams for example... 

  • @nickers said:

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

    Riddle me this bleed:

    As often as the Browns ran the WildDawg with Cribbs over the years, why did it seem like they never had him pass out of it?

    I know he obviously wasn't NFL caliber as regards to being a traditional QB, but out of the WildDawg it seemed like they could have exploited his passing background more. 

  • @nickers said:

    I'm not against drafting Moore Then drafting Oline,WR and maybe a ST's guy in the very lower rnds..... But correct me if I'm not mistaken... Wasn't Cribbs undrafted?

    EDIT: Curiosity killed the cat.. He was undrafted... So we could probably fill a hole or 2 on ST's that rout..

    I just can't philosophically get behind drafting Moore, especially #2 overall because:

    1. He would be entering the NFL with around 20 college starts. I want my college QBs to have at least 30 or more starts.

    2. He would be 21 years old when the 2026 season starts. 

    Regarding the special teams players, I feel through savvy free agent pickups we can get guys who can help that wouldn't break the bank. It's weird but in the past we would have crappy teams but some decent special teams. Mangini's teams for example... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I just can't philosophically get behind drafting Moore, especially #2 overall because:

    1. He would be entering the NFL with around 20 college starts. I want my college QBs to have at least 30 or more starts.

    2. He would be 21 years old when the 2026 season starts. 

    Regarding the special teams players, I feel through savvy free agent pickups we can get guys who can help that wouldn't break the bank. It's weird but in the past we would have crappy teams but some decent special teams. Mangini's teams for example... 

    Yeah... I'm with ya... But knowing the browns... They may gamble for potential down the road... I read earlier somewhere a few souls like Moores potential down the road being more significant than Mendoza.. Where in my mind... Mendoza you can start right out of the box... (Not that I agree with that).. But.. Right now it's all fodder until the chips fall where they may..

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Cribbs was undrafted, and he was a QB at Kent State. It kind of makes his switch to an NFL special teams ace unlikely, but it happened.

    Riddle me this bleed:

    As often as the Browns ran the WildDawg with Cribbs over the years, why did it seem like they never had him pass out of it?

    I know he obviously wasn't NFL caliber as regards to being a traditional QB, but out of the WildDawg it seemed like they could have exploited his passing background more. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Riddle me this bleed:

    As often as the Browns ran the WildDawg with Cribbs over the years, why did it seem like they never had him pass out of it?

    I know he obviously wasn't NFL caliber as regards to being a traditional QB, but out of the WildDawg it seemed like they could have exploited his passing background more. 

    I just hit the Google and it looks like he attempted 10 passes with 6 completions, and a total of 30 passing yards. Certainly not a ton. 

    I recall it was an annual question with “how can we get Cribbs more involved in the offense?” but it just never panned out with any degree of consistency. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Riddle me this bleed:

    As often as the Browns ran the WildDawg with Cribbs over the years, why did it seem like they never had him pass out of it?

    I know he obviously wasn't NFL caliber as regards to being a traditional QB, but out of the WildDawg it seemed like they could have exploited his passing background more. 

    I just hit the Google and it looks like he attempted 10 passes with 6 completions, and a total of 30 passing yards. Certainly not a ton. 

    I recall it was an annual question with “how can we get Cribbs more involved in the offense?” but it just never panned out with any degree of consistency. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I just hit the Google and it looks like he attempted 10 passes with 6 completions, and a total of 30 passing yards. Certainly not a ton. 

    I recall it was an annual question with “how can we get Cribbs more involved in the offense?” but it just never panned out with any degree of consistency. 

    I always wondered if possibly safety would have been a good spot for him... 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I just hit the Google and it looks like he attempted 10 passes with 6 completions, and a total of 30 passing yards. Certainly not a ton. 

    I recall it was an annual question with “how can we get Cribbs more involved in the offense?” but it just never panned out with any degree of consistency. 

    I always wondered if possibly safety would have been a good spot for him... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I always wondered if possibly safety would have been a good spot for him... 

    Safety?  I heard that a lot but never got it at all. 

    Think about it.  Here's what Criibbs did best as a college QB (reading blocks better than he read coverages). He ran the ball which set up his big plays catching it. That's what made him so natural a getting to open fields as a return man.  His completion percentages in the 40s 2 seasons at Kent State as well as his TD:INT ratio of 45:34 never said gotta use this guy throwing the ball.  Our OC never got that message. 

    image.png.de21ffa1602c766bbf802be0d88a806f.png

    image.png

  • CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    6.CLE
    Caleb LomuOT Utah
    28.CLE
    Trevor GoosbyOT Texas
    39.CLE
    LT OvertonEDGE Alabama
    70.CLE
    Omar Cooper Jr.WR Indiana
    107.CLE
    Max KlareTE Ohio State
    141.CLE
    Austin BarberOT Florida
    146.CLE
    Devin MooreCB Florida
    149.CLE
    Aiden FisherLB Indiana
    200.CLE
    Michael TaaffeS Texas
    207.CLE
    Eric McAlisterWR TCU
    246.CLE
    Albert RegisDT Texas A&M