Skip to content

Draft Simulator Season!

The Browns Board
130 17 2.9k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Riddle me this bleed:

    As often as the Browns ran the WildDawg with Cribbs over the years, why did it seem like they never had him pass out of it?

    I know he obviously wasn't NFL caliber as regards to being a traditional QB, but out of the WildDawg it seemed like they could have exploited his passing background more. 

    I just hit the Google and it looks like he attempted 10 passes with 6 completions, and a total of 30 passing yards. Certainly not a ton. 

    I recall it was an annual question with “how can we get Cribbs more involved in the offense?” but it just never panned out with any degree of consistency. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I just hit the Google and it looks like he attempted 10 passes with 6 completions, and a total of 30 passing yards. Certainly not a ton. 

    I recall it was an annual question with “how can we get Cribbs more involved in the offense?” but it just never panned out with any degree of consistency. 

    I always wondered if possibly safety would have been a good spot for him... 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I just hit the Google and it looks like he attempted 10 passes with 6 completions, and a total of 30 passing yards. Certainly not a ton. 

    I recall it was an annual question with “how can we get Cribbs more involved in the offense?” but it just never panned out with any degree of consistency. 

    I always wondered if possibly safety would have been a good spot for him... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I always wondered if possibly safety would have been a good spot for him... 

    Safety?  I heard that a lot but never got it at all. 

    Think about it.  Here's what Criibbs did best as a college QB (reading blocks better than he read coverages). He ran the ball which set up his big plays catching it. That's what made him so natural a getting to open fields as a return man.  His completion percentages in the 40s 2 seasons at Kent State as well as his TD:INT ratio of 45:34 never said gotta use this guy throwing the ball.  Our OC never got that message. 

    image.png.de21ffa1602c766bbf802be0d88a806f.png

    image.png

  • CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    6.CLE
    Caleb LomuOT Utah
    28.CLE
    Trevor GoosbyOT Texas
    39.CLE
    LT OvertonEDGE Alabama
    70.CLE
    Omar Cooper Jr.WR Indiana
    107.CLE
    Max KlareTE Ohio State
    141.CLE
    Austin BarberOT Florida
    146.CLE
    Devin MooreCB Florida
    149.CLE
    Aiden FisherLB Indiana
    200.CLE
    Michael TaaffeS Texas
    207.CLE
    Eric McAlisterWR TCU
    246.CLE
    Albert RegisDT Texas A&M
  • @dutch-oven said:

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

    Take a swing!

    It's been awhile.  On this draft I tried to see how I could do if I took Buckeyes Safety Caleb Downs at #6 and it didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I would have liked to have done better at WR.  I just learned Texas LT Trevor Goosby had surgery on his shoulder and decided to return to Texas for 1 more season in 2026 - slimming an already small group of LTs this year.

    image.png.d3e80fcaf99a2c19949a8a9a4f96f550.png

  • I tried it again to see if Arvell Reese was still the first pick every time. He wasn’t this time, it was Mendoza.

    I think l did alright. Went with Lomu as the first pick and got some Hoosiers and Buckeyes. I thought the 5th round was a reasonable place to take a shot on Carson Beck. 

    I’m pretty sure Nowakowski wasn’t even on here when l last did this. I think he’s a good get for the 6th round.

    IMG_5900.jpeg

  • image.thumb.png.b522c199b770051936c45b3afcb80830.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

    Take a swing!

    It's been awhile.  On this draft I tried to see how I could do if I took Buckeyes Safety Caleb Downs at #6 and it didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I would have liked to have done better at WR.  I just learned Texas LT Trevor Goosby had surgery on his shoulder and decided to return to Texas for 1 more season in 2026 - slimming an already small group of LTs this year.

    image.png.d3e80fcaf99a2c19949a8a9a4f96f550.png

    @flugel said:

    It's been awhile.  On this draft I tried to see how I could do if I took Buckeyes Safety Caleb Downs at #6 and it didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I would have liked to have done better at WR.  I just learned Texas LT Trevor Goosby had surgery on his shoulder and decided to return to Texas for 1 more season in 2026 - slimming and already small group of LTs this year.

    image.png.d3e80fcaf99a2c19949a8a9a4f96f550.png

    I don't know if bloodlines include sisters, but Eli Stowers' sister was the best athlete on the 2025 Texas A&M National Championship volleyball team. And he himself originally came to A&M as a dual purpose QB, so he's a very fast TE who just won the John Mackey Award for best TE in the country. Good pick for a TE oriented offense.

  • @flugel said:

    It's been awhile.  On this draft I tried to see how I could do if I took Buckeyes Safety Caleb Downs at #6 and it didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I would have liked to have done better at WR.  I just learned Texas LT Trevor Goosby had surgery on his shoulder and decided to return to Texas for 1 more season in 2026 - slimming and already small group of LTs this year.

    image.png.d3e80fcaf99a2c19949a8a9a4f96f550.png

    I don't know if bloodlines include sisters, but Eli Stowers' sister was the best athlete on the 2025 Texas A&M National Championship volleyball team. And he himself originally came to A&M as a dual purpose QB, so he's a very fast TE who just won the John Mackey Award for best TE in the country. Good pick for a TE oriented offense.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't know if bloodlines include sisters, but Eli Stowers' sister was the best athlete on the 2025 Texas A&M National Championship volleyball team. And he himself originally came to A&M as a dual purpose QB, so he's a very fast TE who just won the John Mackey Award for best TE in the country. Good pick for a TE oriented offense.

    ? The 12th Man has no boundaries.  Yeah Aggies, as a former season ticket holder to Vandy it's nice to see them getting talent like Stowers (who edged out Ohio State's Klare for that Mackey Award you mentioned).  

  • image.png.da504838ca308977d8f33ed62844945c.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

    Take a swing!

    It's been awhile.  On this draft I tried to see how I could do if I took Buckeyes Safety Caleb Downs at #6 and it didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I would have liked to have done better at WR.  I just learned Texas LT Trevor Goosby had surgery on his shoulder and decided to return to Texas for 1 more season in 2026 - slimming an already small group of LTs this year.

    image.png.d3e80fcaf99a2c19949a8a9a4f96f550.png

    @flugel said:

    It's been awhile.  On this draft I tried to see how I could do if I took Buckeyes Safety Caleb Downs at #6 and it didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I would have liked to have done better at WR.  I just learned Texas LT Trevor Goosby had surgery on his shoulder and decided to return to Texas for 1 more season in 2026 - slimming an already small group of LTs this year.

    image.png.d3e80fcaf99a2c19949a8a9a4f96f550.png

    Now you did it!!!   

  • @flugel said:

    It's been awhile.  On this draft I tried to see how I could do if I took Buckeyes Safety Caleb Downs at #6 and it didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I would have liked to have done better at WR.  I just learned Texas LT Trevor Goosby had surgery on his shoulder and decided to return to Texas for 1 more season in 2026 - slimming and already small group of LTs this year.

    image.png.d3e80fcaf99a2c19949a8a9a4f96f550.png

    I don't know if bloodlines include sisters, but Eli Stowers' sister was the best athlete on the 2025 Texas A&M National Championship volleyball team. And he himself originally came to A&M as a dual purpose QB, so he's a very fast TE who just won the John Mackey Award for best TE in the country. Good pick for a TE oriented offense.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't know if bloodlines include sisters, but Eli Stowers' sister was the best athlete on the 2025 Texas A&M National Championship volleyball team. And he himself originally came to A&M as a dual purpose QB, so he's a very fast TE who just won the John Mackey Award for best TE in the country. Good pick for a TE oriented offense.

    I think Stowers will be a good one and can be flexed out.  
     

    @dutch-oven said:

    I always wondered if possibly safety would have been a good spot for him... 

    Deebo Samuel role.  

  • image.png.41c78b09f93e7dade2688c8d078105c7.png

    I've never been so distracted; but I got a lot of intriguing trade offers.  I wish I drafted a Center somewhere.

  • image.png.41c78b09f93e7dade2688c8d078105c7.png

    I've never been so distracted; but I got a lot of intriguing trade offers.  I wish I drafted a Center somewhere.

    @flugel said:

    image.png.41c78b09f93e7dade2688c8d078105c7.png

    I've never been so distracted; but I got a lot of intriguing trade offers.  I wish I drafted a Center somewhere.

    Wow, that’s like 2 drafts’s worth of players.

  • I traded down at 6 like I expect.  Got 3 picks from Minnesota.  I also did just 5 rounds.

    CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    18.MIN
    Olaivavega IoaneOG Penn State
    trade-icon
    24.CLE
    KC ConcepcionWR Texas A&M
    39.CLE
    Blake MillerOT Clemson
    49.MIN
    A.J. HaulcyS LSU
    trade-icon
    70.CLE
    Elijah SarrattWR Indiana
    82.MIN
    Connor LewOC Auburn
    trade-icon
    107.CLE
    Austin BarberOT Florida
    139.CLE
    Harold Perkins Jr.LB LSU
    144.CLE
    Bryce LanceWR North Dakota State
    147.CLE
    Tanner KoziolTE Houston
  • image.png.41c78b09f93e7dade2688c8d078105c7.png

    I've never been so distracted; but I got a lot of intriguing trade offers.  I wish I drafted a Center somewhere.

    @flugel said:

    image.png.41c78b09f93e7dade2688c8d078105c7.png

    I've never been so distracted; but I got a lot of intriguing trade offers.  I wish I drafted a Center somewhere.

    I dig it!

  • I traded down at 6 like I expect.  Got 3 picks from Minnesota.  I also did just 5 rounds.

    CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    18.MIN
    Olaivavega IoaneOG Penn State
    trade-icon
    24.CLE
    KC ConcepcionWR Texas A&M
    39.CLE
    Blake MillerOT Clemson
    49.MIN
    A.J. HaulcyS LSU
    trade-icon
    70.CLE
    Elijah SarrattWR Indiana
    82.MIN
    Connor LewOC Auburn
    trade-icon
    107.CLE
    Austin BarberOT Florida
    139.CLE
    Harold Perkins Jr.LB LSU
    144.CLE
    Bryce LanceWR North Dakota State
    147.CLE
    Tanner KoziolTE Houston

    @ballpeen said:

    I traded down at 6 like I expect.  Got 3 picks from Minnesota.  I also did just 5 rounds.

    CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    18.MIN
    Olaivavega IoaneOG Penn State
    trade-icon
    24.CLE
    KC ConcepcionWR Texas A&M
    39.CLE
    Blake MillerOT Clemson
    49.MIN
    A.J. HaulcyS LSU
    trade-icon
    70.CLE
    Elijah SarrattWR Indiana
    82.MIN
    Connor LewOC Auburn
    trade-icon
    107.CLE
    Austin BarberOT Florida
    139.CLE
    Harold Perkins Jr.LB LSU
    144.CLE
    Bryce LanceWR North Dakota State
    147.CLE
    Tanner KoziolTE Houston

    Man, if Ditka postponed his 1st round draft day walk-off until after round 5 with the type of drafting you just did - he might have lasted longer than a couple cups of coffee in New Orleans...  Austin Barber is a reliable LT flying under the radar. He started 38 games (including 5 games as a Freshman while playing in 13 games that year).  Good pick at #107.  Another LT like this is Northwestern's Caleb Tiernan who will go somewhere close to where you took Barber. Here's a cut and paste about Tiernan:

    image.png.b430183f6719ce1ea6916f82928d190f.png

  • @ballpeen said:

    I traded down at 6 like I expect.  Got 3 picks from Minnesota.  I also did just 5 rounds.

    CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    18.MIN
    Olaivavega IoaneOG Penn State
    trade-icon
    24.CLE
    KC ConcepcionWR Texas A&M
    39.CLE
    Blake MillerOT Clemson
    49.MIN
    A.J. HaulcyS LSU
    trade-icon
    70.CLE
    Elijah SarrattWR Indiana
    82.MIN
    Connor LewOC Auburn
    trade-icon
    107.CLE
    Austin BarberOT Florida
    139.CLE
    Harold Perkins Jr.LB LSU
    144.CLE
    Bryce LanceWR North Dakota State
    147.CLE
    Tanner KoziolTE Houston

    Man, if Ditka postponed his 1st round draft day walk-off until after round 5 with the type of drafting you just did - he might have lasted longer than a couple cups of coffee in New Orleans...  Austin Barber is a reliable LT flying under the radar. He started 38 games (including 5 games as a Freshman while playing in 13 games that year).  Good pick at #107.  Another LT like this is Northwestern's Caleb Tiernan who will go somewhere close to where you took Barber. Here's a cut and paste about Tiernan:

    image.png.b430183f6719ce1ea6916f82928d190f.png

    @flugel said:

    Man, if Ditka postponed his 1st round draft day walk-off until after round 5 with the type of drafting you just did - he might have lasted longer than a couple cups of coffee in New Orleans...  Austin Barber is a reliable LT flying under the radar. He started 38 games (including 5 games as a Freshman while playing in 13 games that year).  Good pick at #107.  Another LT like this is Northwestern's Caleb Tiernan who will go somewhere close to where you took Barber. Here's a cut and paste about Tiernan:

    image.png.b430183f6719ce1ea6916f82928d190f.png

    Ballpeen’s mock is quality too

  • 8.
    Spencer Fano OT Utah
    25.
    KC Concepcion WR Texas A&M
    39.
    Monroe Freeling OT Georgia
    42.
    Cashius Howell EDGE Texas A&M
    70.
    LT Overton EDGE Alabama
    89.
    Jacob Rodriguez LB Texas Tech
    107.
    Taurean York LB Texas A&M
    139.
    Jordan Hudson WR SMU
    150.
    Michael Taaffe S Texas
    205.
    Dan Villari TE Syracuse
    207.
    Daylen Everette CB Georgia
    216.
    Jakobe Thomas S Miami (FL) 
     
    I doubled up on OT, LB, Edge and S so that if even one of each is a "hit" that helps the Browns.
  • 8.
    Spencer Fano OT Utah
    25.
    KC Concepcion WR Texas A&M
    39.
    Monroe Freeling OT Georgia
    42.
    Cashius Howell EDGE Texas A&M
    70.
    LT Overton EDGE Alabama
    89.
    Jacob Rodriguez LB Texas Tech
    107.
    Taurean York LB Texas A&M
    139.
    Jordan Hudson WR SMU
    150.
    Michael Taaffe S Texas
    205.
    Dan Villari TE Syracuse
    207.
    Daylen Everette CB Georgia
    216.
    Jakobe Thomas S Miami (FL) 
     
    I doubled up on OT, LB, Edge and S so that if even one of each is a "hit" that helps the Browns.

    @texasag1969 said:

    8.
    Spencer Fano OT Utah
    25.
    KC Concepcion WR Texas A&M
    39.
    Monroe Freeling OT Georgia
    42.
    Cashius Howell EDGE Texas A&M
    70.
    LT Overton EDGE Alabama
    89.
    Jacob Rodriguez LB Texas Tech
    107.
    Taurean York LB Texas A&M
    139.
    Jordan Hudson WR SMU
    150.
    Michael Taaffe S Texas
    205.
    Dan Villari TE Syracuse
    207.
    Daylen Everette CB Georgia
    216.
    Jakobe Thomas S Miami (FL) 
     
    I doubled up on OT, LB, Edge and S so that if even one of each is a "hit" that helps the Browns.

    You & Ballpeen did a great job!   After trading back, you crushed those 1st 3 picks and the mo-jo continued all the way to the end.  I also got a kick out of the all players you chose that attended Texas schools.  You're definitely a football Pa-try-it to your state - but it works...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    8.
    Spencer Fano OT Utah
    25.
    KC Concepcion WR Texas A&M
    39.
    Monroe Freeling OT Georgia
    42.
    Cashius Howell EDGE Texas A&M
    70.
    LT Overton EDGE Alabama
    89.
    Jacob Rodriguez LB Texas Tech
    107.
    Taurean York LB Texas A&M
    139.
    Jordan Hudson WR SMU
    150.
    Michael Taaffe S Texas
    205.
    Dan Villari TE Syracuse
    207.
    Daylen Everette CB Georgia
    216.
    Jakobe Thomas S Miami (FL) 
     
    I doubled up on OT, LB, Edge and S so that if even one of each is a "hit" that helps the Browns.

    You & Ballpeen did a great job!   After trading back, you crushed those 1st 3 picks and the mo-jo continued all the way to the end.  I also got a kick out of the all players you chose that attended Texas schools.  You're definitely a football Pa-try-it to your state - but it works...

    @flugel said:

    You & Ballpeen did a great job!   After trading back, you crushed those 1st 3 picks and the mo-jo continued all the way to the end.  I also got a kick out of the all players you chose that attended Texas schools.  You're definitely a football Pa-try-it to your state - but it works...

    And I'm counting on us picking up veteran guard and OT in FA before this draft. Need people in there to settle in rookies in the OL.