Skip to content

The Official Browns at Bears Game 14 Thread

The Browns Board
121 21 2.1k 1
  • @bob806 said:

    Most likely, yes. I never liked the pick anyway.

    I always thought they got to order backwards.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @texasag1969 said:

    I always thought they got to order backwards.

    They both suck

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #57

    We need Offensive Line & WRs.  Enough is enough.  The Raiders are kicking everyone's ass in the tankathon for Mendoza.

  • We need Offensive Line & WRs.  Enough is enough.  The Raiders are kicking everyone's ass in the tankathon for Mendoza.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @flugel said:

    We need Offensive Line & WRs.  Enough is enough.  The Raiders are kicking everyone's ass in the tankathon for Mendoza.

    And a head coach

  • We need Offensive Line & WRs.  Enough is enough.  The Raiders are kicking everyone's ass in the tankathon for Mendoza.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @flugel said:

    We need Offensive Line & WRs.  Enough is enough.  The Raiders are kicking everyone's ass in the tankathon for Mendoza.

    Arvell Reese would be nice, but I doubt they go there. 

  • @flugel said:

    We need Offensive Line & WRs.  Enough is enough.  The Raiders are kicking everyone's ass in the tankathon for Mendoza.

    Arvell Reese would be nice, but I doubt they go there. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @bob806 said:

    Arvell Reese would be nice, but I doubt they go there. 

    If our offense was a little better than pathetic - I'd agree Bob.  He'll be a great pick for someone.  

  • @bob806 said:

    Arvell Reese would be nice, but I doubt they go there. 

    If our offense was a little better than pathetic - I'd agree Bob.  He'll be a great pick for someone.  

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @flugel said:

    If our offense was a little better than pathetic - I'd agree Bob.  He'll be a great pick for someone.  

    I get that for sure, but it just seems to me that we have no outside containment on D. Schwesinger can't be everywhere lol. 

  • Bears - 6.5

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @tiamat63 said:

    Bears - 6.5

    This was probably the last week to get the Brownies as single TD dogs.   BUF will likely open as double digits and PIT somewhere in the neighborhood of -8-9.5 depending on how we look against the Bills.

    But I'll be there next week, downtown Cleveland, to see Josh Allen up close.    If you're going to the game, hit me up ahead of time and I'll buy you a beer.  

  • @flugel said:

    If our offense was a little better than pathetic - I'd agree Bob.  He'll be a great pick for someone.  

    I get that for sure, but it just seems to me that we have no outside containment on D. Schwesinger can't be everywhere lol. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @bob806 said:

    I get that for sure, but it just seems to me that we have no outside containment on D. Schwesinger can't be everywhere lol. 

    Agreed Bob.  That's what kept going through my mind against the Titans. That can get corrected some by formation and some by personnel. 

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #64

    Yuck this was a really ugly game. No one could play. Sanders was awful and looked like garbage. You could maybe trade Jeudy and the Janitor's job and not see any difference except, you know, in building cleanliness 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #65

    Met some friends up in Cleveland, got an Airbnb a couple houses down from the Christmas Story House, got dinner at Mabel's and watched Ohio State win a thrilling double OT game vs West Virginia by one point Saturday. 

    Got up and walked down to the Rowley Inn (like Mabel's, I highly recommend this place) for a great breakfast, then drove north to Ohio City and grabbed a few drinks at a place called the Old Angle Tavern, a nice Irish bar.

    Then the Browns game started. 

    Sigh. ?

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #66

    Screenshot_20251214_165309.thumb.jpg.7435c142a36484aa8872a07c1881e133.jpg

  • Met some friends up in Cleveland, got an Airbnb a couple houses down from the Christmas Story House, got dinner at Mabel's and watched Ohio State win a thrilling double OT game vs West Virginia by one point Saturday. 

    Got up and walked down to the Rowley Inn (like Mabel's, I highly recommend this place) for a great breakfast, then drove north to Ohio City and grabbed a few drinks at a place called the Old Angle Tavern, a nice Irish bar.

    Then the Browns game started. 

    Sigh. ?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @dutch-oven said:

    Met some friends up in Cleveland, got an Airbnb a couple houses down from the Christmas Story House, got dinner at Mabel's and watched Ohio State win a thrilling double OT game vs West Virginia by one point Saturday. 

    Got up and walked down to the Rowley Inn (like Mabel's, I highly recommend this place) for a great breakfast, then drove north to Ohio City and grabbed a few drinks at a place called the Old Angle Tavern, a nice Irish bar.

    Then the Browns game started. 

    Sigh. ?

    Rowley Inn is really fantastic!!!

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #68

    Oof, that was one of the few games this season where we looked as if we didn't belong on the same field as the opposing team. Run D was terrible I don't think I saw a TFL the entire game. Myles did get 2 sacks though so that was the only thing worthwhile about the whole game. Terrible OL play and the WR reverted to their mean especially Jeudy who gifted away a TD for an INT. Shedeur was under pressure all day and  was a wonder he completed those long passes. Special teams play is definitely the worst since 1999. It's hard to make an argument to bring Stefanski back.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @kvoethe said:

    Screenshot_20251214_165309.thumb.jpg.7435c142a36484aa8872a07c1881e133.jpg

    Back to reality. Other than the 2 long passes, he was terrible. And don’t blame the cold, Williams played great in the cold. Sanders jut holds the ball too long and he never hits the back foot and throws. Just bounces around until the pressure gets there. Granted it was there early a lot, but you need to hit read or something. Can’t hold the ball

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Met some friends up in Cleveland, got an Airbnb a couple houses down from the Christmas Story House, got dinner at Mabel's and watched Ohio State win a thrilling double OT game vs West Virginia by one point Saturday. 

    Got up and walked down to the Rowley Inn (like Mabel's, I highly recommend this place) for a great breakfast, then drove north to Ohio City and grabbed a few drinks at a place called the Old Angle Tavern, a nice Irish bar.

    Then the Browns game started. 

    Sigh. ?

    Rowley Inn is really fantastic!!!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @bob806 said:

    Rowley Inn is really fantastic!!!

    Definitely the highlight of the day ?

    Wasn't exactly a fun drive back to Stark County, a good portion was just crawling back at 40mph. 

    I didn't have high hopes for the Browns vs the Bears and they were met in spades. 

  • @kvoethe said:

    Screenshot_20251214_165309.thumb.jpg.7435c142a36484aa8872a07c1881e133.jpg

    Back to reality. Other than the 2 long passes, he was terrible. And don’t blame the cold, Williams played great in the cold. Sanders jut holds the ball too long and he never hits the back foot and throws. Just bounces around until the pressure gets there. Granted it was there early a lot, but you need to hit read or something. Can’t hold the ball

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @browns149 said:

    Back to reality. Other than the 2 long passes, he was terrible. And don’t blame the cold, Williams played great in the cold. Sanders jut holds the ball too long and he never hits the back foot and throws. Just bounces around until the pressure gets there. Granted it was there early a lot, but you need to hit read or something. Can’t hold the ball

    I have doubts Williams with the Browns would have had a good day either. 

    Oh well... we're limping to another 3-14 season. 

  • @browns149 said:

    Back to reality. Other than the 2 long passes, he was terrible. And don’t blame the cold, Williams played great in the cold. Sanders jut holds the ball too long and he never hits the back foot and throws. Just bounces around until the pressure gets there. Granted it was there early a lot, but you need to hit read or something. Can’t hold the ball

    I have doubts Williams with the Browns would have had a good day either. 

    Oh well... we're limping to another 3-14 season. 

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @dutch-oven said:

    I have doubts Williams with the Browns would have had a good day either. 

    Oh well... we're limping to another 3-14 season. 

    Yeah, the entire offense was bad they even gave him the wrong playcall wrist band to start the game.

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Off topic just watched 44 yr old Phillip Rivers make his first Td pass in 5 yrs. I think we started something when we resurrected Joe Flacco's career lol.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I have doubts Williams with the Browns would have had a good day either. 

    Oh well... we're limping to another 3-14 season. 

    Yeah, the entire offense was bad they even gave him the wrong playcall wrist band to start the game.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @mddawg said:

    Yeah, the entire offense was bad they even gave him the wrong playcall wrist band to start the game.

    That’s some good coaching 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I have doubts Williams with the Browns would have had a good day either. 

    Oh well... we're limping to another 3-14 season. 

    Yeah, the entire offense was bad they even gave him the wrong playcall wrist band to start the game.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #75

    @mddawg said:

    Yeah, the entire offense was bad they even gave him the wrong playcall wrist band to start the game.

    We're just playing out the string on offense the rest of the way out. 

    A rookie QB behind this OLine with these WRs honestly is a recipe for disaster. I have no idea if Sanders has legit starting QB ability long-term, but I'm not writing him off because of these this last month of games. 

    The good news, I suppose, is that the team we played today had a horrible OLine last season too. Look at the Bears offense now.