Skip to content

WR position

The Browns Board
98 13 1.7k 1
  • @nickers said:

    Carnell Tate is a big kid.. I hope we take him..

    Top 5 overall though?

    I like Tate, but I just don’t know if he’s worth that high of a pick. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Top 5 overall though?

    I like Tate, but I just don’t know if he’s worth that high of a pick. 

    Yeah... I get what your saying.. Id rather have Smith based on over all talent and production.. But Smith is only 6'0'.. Not holding it against him... But.. Considering the room..  The Browns are in that "Beggars can't be choosers" mode. And will smith be there..Unless we secure 1st or the 2nd pic at seasons end... The Oline and WR for me takes precendent.. I'm willing to roll with Sanders and Gabriel next year and if neither pan out.. Id love to go after Sayin... But with this off season looming in to obscurity... There's no real telling where the Browns are going.. I'm pretty sure Stef and Ventrones bags are packed on stand by...

    EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Top 5 overall though?

    I like Tate, but I just don’t know if he’s worth that high of a pick. 

    Yeah... I get what your saying.. Id rather have Smith based on over all talent and production.. But Smith is only 6'0'.. Not holding it against him... But.. Considering the room..  The Browns are in that "Beggars can't be choosers" mode. And will smith be there..Unless we secure 1st or the 2nd pic at seasons end... The Oline and WR for me takes precendent.. I'm willing to roll with Sanders and Gabriel next year and if neither pan out.. Id love to go after Sayin... But with this off season looming in to obscurity... There's no real telling where the Browns are going.. I'm pretty sure Stef and Ventrones bags are packed on stand by...

    EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...

    @nickers said:

    EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...

    I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect. 
     

    But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).

  • @nickers said:

    EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...

    I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect. 
     

    But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect. 
     

    But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).

    Truly heartwarming to see you two carrying on a football conversation as Browns football fan brothers...which is what we all are, despite our differences.

    MY thoughts on the offense / defense thing for this offseason:

    I want an offensive minded HC.   He and his OC have to understand that being able to pass the ball effectively is paramount to nfl football.  

    I want the HC & GM to address the offense, QB, OL, WR, ferociously.  Using every tool they have the money to use (FA costs $, we have Watson, so mostly the draft).

    Having said all that, and addressing all that, then look for a Safety.  A CB.  And wouldn't it be nice to have another really good DT and or Edge rusher?

    - A team is no fun to watch if it can't move the ball on offense.  And we're no fun at all.  Even with polarizing & dynamic Shedeur Sanders at QB. -  

  • @nickers said:

    EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...

    I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect. 
     

    But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect. 
     

    But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).

    When I say rolling the dice.. I'm not underscoring Downs on Talent.. I'm just saying from a team perspective that "okay".."Let's bypass the safe pick(QB)" Which most pundits would predict the Browns would do.. With Downs.. you get a blue chip player who could have a major impact on your team despite the need on Offense,,, I have always been a champion of take BPA.. I think it makes more impact.. While there is no sure way to mecca.. I wonder what the percentages of teams are who go that route have more immediate success...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect. 
     

    But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).

    Truly heartwarming to see you two carrying on a football conversation as Browns football fan brothers...which is what we all are, despite our differences.

    MY thoughts on the offense / defense thing for this offseason:

    I want an offensive minded HC.   He and his OC have to understand that being able to pass the ball effectively is paramount to nfl football.  

    I want the HC & GM to address the offense, QB, OL, WR, ferociously.  Using every tool they have the money to use (FA costs $, we have Watson, so mostly the draft).

    Having said all that, and addressing all that, then look for a Safety.  A CB.  And wouldn't it be nice to have another really good DT and or Edge rusher?

    - A team is no fun to watch if it can't move the ball on offense.  And we're no fun at all.  Even with polarizing & dynamic Shedeur Sanders at QB. -  

    @orion said:

    Truly heartwarming to see you two carrying on a football conversation as Browns football fan brothers...which is what we all are, despite our differences.

    MY thoughts on the offense / defense thing for this offseason:

    I want an offensive minded HC.   He and his OC have to understand that being able to pass the ball effectively is paramount to nfl football.  

    I want the HC & GM to address the offense, QB, OL, WR, ferociously.  Using every tool they have the money to use (FA costs $, we have Watson, so mostly the draft).

    Having said all that, and addressing all that, then look for a Safety.  A CB.  And wouldn't it be nice to have another really good DT and or Edge rusher?

    - A team is no fun to watch if it can't move the ball on offense.  And we're no fun at all.  Even with polarizing & dynamic Shedeur Sanders at QB. -  

    I'm totally with you on a Offensive mindest at HC... Defensive HC's tend to be close to the vest conservative on offense... How does Kliff Kingsbury grab you?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect. 
     

    But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).

    When I say rolling the dice.. I'm not underscoring Downs on Talent.. I'm just saying from a team perspective that "okay".."Let's bypass the safe pick(QB)" Which most pundits would predict the Browns would do.. With Downs.. you get a blue chip player who could have a major impact on your team despite the need on Offense,,, I have always been a champion of take BPA.. I think it makes more impact.. While there is no sure way to mecca.. I wonder what the percentages of teams are who go that route have more immediate success...

    @nickers said:

    When I say rolling the dice.. I'm not underscoring Downs on Talent.. I'm just saying from a team perspective that "okay".."Let's bypass the safe pick(QB)" Which most pundits would predict the Browns would do.. With Downs.. you get a blue chip player who could have a major impact on your team despite the need on Offense,,, I have always been a champion of take BPA.. I think it makes more impact.. While there is no sure way to mecca.. I wonder what the percentages of teams are who go that route have more immediate success...

    Caleb Downs is a dynamic player addition for any team in the NFL.

    It's tough to bypass his talent. They could trade up to get an OT, then go WR in the 2nd round. Then OG in the 4th round, then trade back up into the late fourth round and select Mark Gronkowski.  

    Having said that, I have to mention my former projected 1st round pick, Drew Allar. lol

       I thought he would dramatically grow in '25, but Penn St struggled, he got injured, now he is a late day two or day three pick.

       Yes, Tom Brady was a sixth round pick. Dak Prescott was a fourth rounder.Brock Purdy was the last pick in that draft. Gronkowski may surprise people.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Top 5 overall though?

    I like Tate, but I just don’t know if he’s worth that high of a pick. 

    Yeah... I get what your saying.. Id rather have Smith based on over all talent and production.. But Smith is only 6'0'.. Not holding it against him... But.. Considering the room..  The Browns are in that "Beggars can't be choosers" mode. And will smith be there..Unless we secure 1st or the 2nd pic at seasons end... The Oline and WR for me takes precendent.. I'm willing to roll with Sanders and Gabriel next year and if neither pan out.. Id love to go after Sayin... But with this off season looming in to obscurity... There's no real telling where the Browns are going.. I'm pretty sure Stef and Ventrones bags are packed on stand by...

    EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...

    @nickers said:

    Yeah... I get what your saying.. Id rather have Smith based on over all talent and production.. But Smith is only 6'0'.. Not holding it against him... But.. Considering the room..  The Browns are in that "Beggars can't be choosers" mode. And will smith be there..Unless we secure 1st or the 2nd pic at seasons end... The Oline and WR for me takes precendent.. I'm willing to roll with Sanders and Gabriel next year and if neither pan out.. Id love to go after Sayin... But with this off season looming in to obscurity... There's no real telling where the Browns are going.. I'm pretty sure Stef and Ventrones bags are packed on stand by...

    EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...

    we will be drafting in the top 5 in 27 also, so i would draft carefully this year to build up a team, trade the fuck down if we can this year to secure picks in the 27 draft (better QB'S ?) cause we fucking suck and are at least two drafts away from being a 9-7 club

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Yeah... I get what your saying.. Id rather have Smith based on over all talent and production.. But Smith is only 6'0'.. Not holding it against him... But.. Considering the room..  The Browns are in that "Beggars can't be choosers" mode. And will smith be there..Unless we secure 1st or the 2nd pic at seasons end... The Oline and WR for me takes precendent.. I'm willing to roll with Sanders and Gabriel next year and if neither pan out.. Id love to go after Sayin... But with this off season looming in to obscurity... There's no real telling where the Browns are going.. I'm pretty sure Stef and Ventrones bags are packed on stand by...

    EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...

    we will be drafting in the top 5 in 27 also, so i would draft carefully this year to build up a team, trade the fuck down if we can this year to secure picks in the 27 draft (better QB'S ?) cause we fucking suck and are at least two drafts away from being a 9-7 club

    @syd said:

    we will be drafting in the top 5 in 27 also, so i would draft carefully this year to build up a team, trade the fuck down if we can this year to secure picks in the 27 draft (better QB'S ?) cause we fucking suck and are at least two drafts away from being a 9-7 club

    Depends on whose the coach next year and what our off season haul is like..

  • @orion said:

    Truly heartwarming to see you two carrying on a football conversation as Browns football fan brothers...which is what we all are, despite our differences.

    MY thoughts on the offense / defense thing for this offseason:

    I want an offensive minded HC.   He and his OC have to understand that being able to pass the ball effectively is paramount to nfl football.  

    I want the HC & GM to address the offense, QB, OL, WR, ferociously.  Using every tool they have the money to use (FA costs $, we have Watson, so mostly the draft).

    Having said all that, and addressing all that, then look for a Safety.  A CB.  And wouldn't it be nice to have another really good DT and or Edge rusher?

    - A team is no fun to watch if it can't move the ball on offense.  And we're no fun at all.  Even with polarizing & dynamic Shedeur Sanders at QB. -  

    I'm totally with you on a Offensive mindest at HC... Defensive HC's tend to be close to the vest conservative on offense... How does Kliff Kingsbury grab you?

    @nickers said:

    How does Kliff Kingsbury grab you?

    Dunno.  I'd have to research him.

  • @syd said:

    we will be drafting in the top 5 in 27 also, so i would draft carefully this year to build up a team, trade the fuck down if we can this year to secure picks in the 27 draft (better QB'S ?) cause we fucking suck and are at least two drafts away from being a 9-7 club

    Depends on whose the coach next year and what our off season haul is like..

    @nickers said:

    Depends on whose the coach next year and what our off season haul is like..

    if we stick with the qb's we have and not drafting a qb in 26 then i am keeping Stefanski, But if we draft a qb in 26 (stupid) then i would want a new coach to go along with him

  • @nickers said:

    How does Kliff Kingsbury grab you?

    Dunno.  I'd have to research him.

    @orion said:

    Dunno.  I'd have to research him.

    He coached the Cardinals a few seasons ago and was ultimately a victim of Kylar Murray..  He wouldn't be my first choice.. But he comes from a background of offense..

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kliff_Kingsbury

  • @nickers said:

    How does Kliff Kingsbury grab you?

    Dunno.  I'd have to research him.

    @orion said:

    Dunno.  I'd have to research him.

    how about this guy

    Sherrone Moore 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect. 
     

    But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).

    When I say rolling the dice.. I'm not underscoring Downs on Talent.. I'm just saying from a team perspective that "okay".."Let's bypass the safe pick(QB)" Which most pundits would predict the Browns would do.. With Downs.. you get a blue chip player who could have a major impact on your team despite the need on Offense,,, I have always been a champion of take BPA.. I think it makes more impact.. While there is no sure way to mecca.. I wonder what the percentages of teams are who go that route have more immediate success...

    @nickers said:

    When I say rolling the dice.. I'm not underscoring Downs on Talent.. I'm just saying from a team perspective that "okay".."Let's bypass the safe pick(QB)" Which most pundits would predict the Browns would do.. With Downs.. you get a blue chip player who could have a major impact on your team despite the need on Offense,,, I have always been a champion of take BPA.. I think it makes more impact.. While there is no sure way to mecca.. I wonder what the percentages of teams are who go that route have more immediate success...

    I'll never be upset if the Browns take the best player available, even if it isn't a great need, but...

    The OLine as of today concerning 2026 is a dumpster fire. Let's consider the Browns Opening Week OLine, shall we?

    LT: Dawand Jones Finished his third NFL season with his third consecutive season-ending injury.
    LG: Joel Bitonio Almost retired after last season. Free agent after season concludes.
    Center: Ethan Pocic Free agent after season concludes.
    RG: Wyatt Teller Free agent after season concludes.
    RT: Jack Conklin Has missed more time as a Brown than has played. Free agent after season concludes. 

    And it gets worse. Who on the roster now is anyone convinced can capably step in and replace these starters next season? Maybe Luke Wypler? Anyone else?

    If the Browns stood pat and took Caleb Downs, I'd be content in the knowledge that the Browns got themselves a helluva player.

    But man alive, the Browns have to massively overhaul their OLine, and they don't have the cap space most likely to do it with free agents. That means the draft.

    In a perfect world, the Browns IMO would end up a top 2 pick, trade down again like they did last season, pick up another nice second round pick this season and a high pick next draft and then start taking the highest ranking OLinemen and WRs they could in Rounds 1 and 2. Unless the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I don't want a QB, and I don't want the Browns trading draft capital to move up to get Mendoza. If he falls into our lap, great.

    If not, invest heavily in the OLine and WR early, maybe two of each in their first two picks... and roll with Shadeur next season. 

  • @nickers said:

    Luke Floreia is also a local product from the Mentor area I believe..

    He's a midget.  5'8`   So is Lavardain, 5'8.    Don't we have any big kids?  🙂  

    @orion said:

    He's a midget.  5'8`   So is Lavardain, 5'8.    

    That never gets old!

  • @nickers said:

    When I say rolling the dice.. I'm not underscoring Downs on Talent.. I'm just saying from a team perspective that "okay".."Let's bypass the safe pick(QB)" Which most pundits would predict the Browns would do.. With Downs.. you get a blue chip player who could have a major impact on your team despite the need on Offense,,, I have always been a champion of take BPA.. I think it makes more impact.. While there is no sure way to mecca.. I wonder what the percentages of teams are who go that route have more immediate success...

    I'll never be upset if the Browns take the best player available, even if it isn't a great need, but...

    The OLine as of today concerning 2026 is a dumpster fire. Let's consider the Browns Opening Week OLine, shall we?

    LT: Dawand Jones Finished his third NFL season with his third consecutive season-ending injury.
    LG: Joel Bitonio Almost retired after last season. Free agent after season concludes.
    Center: Ethan Pocic Free agent after season concludes.
    RG: Wyatt Teller Free agent after season concludes.
    RT: Jack Conklin Has missed more time as a Brown than has played. Free agent after season concludes. 

    And it gets worse. Who on the roster now is anyone convinced can capably step in and replace these starters next season? Maybe Luke Wypler? Anyone else?

    If the Browns stood pat and took Caleb Downs, I'd be content in the knowledge that the Browns got themselves a helluva player.

    But man alive, the Browns have to massively overhaul their OLine, and they don't have the cap space most likely to do it with free agents. That means the draft.

    In a perfect world, the Browns IMO would end up a top 2 pick, trade down again like they did last season, pick up another nice second round pick this season and a high pick next draft and then start taking the highest ranking OLinemen and WRs they could in Rounds 1 and 2. Unless the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I don't want a QB, and I don't want the Browns trading draft capital to move up to get Mendoza. If he falls into our lap, great.

    If not, invest heavily in the OLine and WR early, maybe two of each in their first two picks... and roll with Shadeur next season. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll never be upset if the Browns take the best player available, even if it isn't a great need, but...

    The OLine as of today concerning 2026 is a dumpster fire. Let's consider the Browns Opening Week OLine, shall we?

    LT: Dawand Jones Finished his third NFL season with his third consecutive season-ending injury.
    LG: Joel Bitonio Almost retired after last season. Free agent after season concludes.
    Center: Ethan Pocic Free agent after season concludes.
    RG: Wyatt Teller Free agent after season concludes.
    RT: Jack Conklin Has missed more time as a Brown than has played. Free agent after season concludes. 

    And it gets worse. Who on the roster now is anyone convinced can capably step in and replace these starters next season? Maybe Luke Wypler? Anyone else?

    If the Browns stood pat and took Caleb Downs, I'd be content in the knowledge that the Browns got themselves a helluva player.

    But man alive, the Browns have to massively overhaul their OLine, and they don't have the cap space most likely to do it with free agents. That means the draft.

    In a perfect world, the Browns IMO would end up a top 2 pick, trade down again like they did last season, pick up another nice second round pick this season and a high pick next draft and then start taking the highest ranking OLinemen and WRs they could in Rounds 1 and 2. Unless the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I don't want a QB, and I don't want the Browns trading draft capital to move up to get Mendoza. If he falls into our lap, great.

    If not, invest heavily in the OLine and WR early, maybe two of each in their first two picks... and roll with Shadeur next season. 

    LAND HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'll never be upset if the Browns take the best player available, even if it isn't a great need, but...

    The OLine as of today concerning 2026 is a dumpster fire. Let's consider the Browns Opening Week OLine, shall we?

    LT: Dawand Jones Finished his third NFL season with his third consecutive season-ending injury.
    LG: Joel Bitonio Almost retired after last season. Free agent after season concludes.
    Center: Ethan Pocic Free agent after season concludes.
    RG: Wyatt Teller Free agent after season concludes.
    RT: Jack Conklin Has missed more time as a Brown than has played. Free agent after season concludes. 

    And it gets worse. Who on the roster now is anyone convinced can capably step in and replace these starters next season? Maybe Luke Wypler? Anyone else?

    If the Browns stood pat and took Caleb Downs, I'd be content in the knowledge that the Browns got themselves a helluva player.

    But man alive, the Browns have to massively overhaul their OLine, and they don't have the cap space most likely to do it with free agents. That means the draft.

    In a perfect world, the Browns IMO would end up a top 2 pick, trade down again like they did last season, pick up another nice second round pick this season and a high pick next draft and then start taking the highest ranking OLinemen and WRs they could in Rounds 1 and 2. Unless the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I don't want a QB, and I don't want the Browns trading draft capital to move up to get Mendoza. If he falls into our lap, great.

    If not, invest heavily in the OLine and WR early, maybe two of each in their first two picks... and roll with Shadeur next season. 

    LAND HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  

    @flugel said:

    LAND HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  

  • @orion said:

    He's a midget.  5'8`   So is Lavardain, 5'8.    

    That never gets old!

    @flugel said:

    That never gets old!

    We're playing NFL tackle football here.  I don't have much use for 5'8 guys.  Next year the team isn't ordering Youth size jerseys for players, so Larvadain, Floria and Gabriel can go become jockeys or IndyCar drivers.   🙂  

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Depends on whose the coach next year and what our off season haul is like..

    if we stick with the qb's we have and not drafting a qb in 26 then i am keeping Stefanski, But if we draft a qb in 26 (stupid) then i would want a new coach to go along with him

    @syd said:

    if we stick with the qb's we have and not drafting a qb in 26 then i am keeping Stefanski, But if we draft a qb in 26 (stupid) then i would want a new coach to go along with him

    I agree. 
     

    The last thing I want to see is a rookie QB rushed into the field because the head coach is desperate to keep his job. 

  • @nickers said:

    When I say rolling the dice.. I'm not underscoring Downs on Talent.. I'm just saying from a team perspective that "okay".."Let's bypass the safe pick(QB)" Which most pundits would predict the Browns would do.. With Downs.. you get a blue chip player who could have a major impact on your team despite the need on Offense,,, I have always been a champion of take BPA.. I think it makes more impact.. While there is no sure way to mecca.. I wonder what the percentages of teams are who go that route have more immediate success...

    I'll never be upset if the Browns take the best player available, even if it isn't a great need, but...

    The OLine as of today concerning 2026 is a dumpster fire. Let's consider the Browns Opening Week OLine, shall we?

    LT: Dawand Jones Finished his third NFL season with his third consecutive season-ending injury.
    LG: Joel Bitonio Almost retired after last season. Free agent after season concludes.
    Center: Ethan Pocic Free agent after season concludes.
    RG: Wyatt Teller Free agent after season concludes.
    RT: Jack Conklin Has missed more time as a Brown than has played. Free agent after season concludes. 

    And it gets worse. Who on the roster now is anyone convinced can capably step in and replace these starters next season? Maybe Luke Wypler? Anyone else?

    If the Browns stood pat and took Caleb Downs, I'd be content in the knowledge that the Browns got themselves a helluva player.

    But man alive, the Browns have to massively overhaul their OLine, and they don't have the cap space most likely to do it with free agents. That means the draft.

    In a perfect world, the Browns IMO would end up a top 2 pick, trade down again like they did last season, pick up another nice second round pick this season and a high pick next draft and then start taking the highest ranking OLinemen and WRs they could in Rounds 1 and 2. Unless the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I don't want a QB, and I don't want the Browns trading draft capital to move up to get Mendoza. If he falls into our lap, great.

    If not, invest heavily in the OLine and WR early, maybe two of each in their first two picks... and roll with Shadeur next season. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll never be upset if the Browns take the best player available, even if it isn't a great need, but...

    The OLine as of today concerning 2026 is a dumpster fire. Let's consider the Browns Opening Week OLine, shall we?

    LT: Dawand Jones Finished his third NFL season with his third consecutive season-ending injury.
    LG: Joel Bitonio Almost retired after last season. Free agent after season concludes.
    Center: Ethan Pocic Free agent after season concludes.
    RG: Wyatt Teller Free agent after season concludes.
    RT: Jack Conklin Has missed more time as a Brown than has played. Free agent after season concludes. 

    And it gets worse. Who on the roster now is anyone convinced can capably step in and replace these starters next season? Maybe Luke Wypler? Anyone else?

    If the Browns stood pat and took Caleb Downs, I'd be content in the knowledge that the Browns got themselves a helluva player.

    But man alive, the Browns have to massively overhaul their OLine, and they don't have the cap space most likely to do it with free agents. That means the draft.

    In a perfect world, the Browns IMO would end up a top 2 pick, trade down again like they did last season, pick up another nice second round pick this season and a high pick next draft and then start taking the highest ranking OLinemen and WRs they could in Rounds 1 and 2. Unless the Browns end up with the #1 overall pick, I don't want a QB, and I don't want the Browns trading draft capital to move up to get Mendoza. If he falls into our lap, great.

    If not, invest heavily in the OLine and WR early, maybe two of each in their first two picks... and roll with Shadeur next season. 

    I'm in the same place you are.. I'm just acknowleding I wouldnt be surprised if hes the selection... But yeah.. Its O line then WR... Then we really need to take a long hard look at ST's... its the difference between winning and losing games.....

  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    LAND HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  

    @syd said:

    Well done Syd. Morrison had some of the best think outside the box lyrics back in the day.  BUT, I was thinking more in the line of Yukon Cornelius.