WR position
-
Why not Sidiq? He’s an athletic freak 4.39 that can split out and poses the same threat that a #1 or #2 WR can possess. One reason it may not be possible is he’s probably going in the low teens but otherwise he could be the best pass catching threat in this draft. But a slight trade back perhaps he’s the guy we need.
You're a bad influence on me ?- but great point. Tradeback would be the most ideal scenario. Another thing about it all is if we did draft a rookie OTackle - it would be nice to have 1 of the 2 TEs in formation on the space to the rookie Tackle's outside shoulder close by. If we could do something like this their would be less temptation to knee jerk a guy like RT Mauiguoa inside prematurely or; Heaven help me, if they liked Proctor at LT (or anyone else either side that could become a reliable OG if OT doesn't work). Proctor really pleasantly surprised me at the combines with very good lateral movement/agility and a 5.2 forty. My 1st impression of him this year was his worst game vs Florida State.
TEs can open doors for this Offense. Getting one that can be duel purpose like Steve Heiden was when KWII was here messed with a lot of opponents thinking the Browns were tipping off a tendency when Heiden came on the field. "He's just coming in to do the blocking so Winslow can get open downfield." I think one of the highlights I shared about Heiden the other day showed nobody on D attempting to hit/press him or slow him up out of stance to the extent nobody in the 2nd or 3rd tier paid him any attention until it was "UH-OH! pursuit angle time!!!"
Another idea Dutch mentioned a month or 2 ago was add someone like Ohio State's TE Will Kacmarek later in the draft or possibly as an Undrafted Rookie FA. This would be another way to do it. He could be a lot like a Steve Heiden dual purpose. The new FA TE from the Saints could also help.
You're a bad influence on me ?- but great point. Tradeback would be the most ideal scenario. Another thing about it all is if we did draft a rookie OTackle - it would be nice to have 1 of the 2 TEs in formation on the space to the rookie Tackle's outside shoulder close by. If we could do something like this their would be less temptation to knee jerk a guy like RT Mauiguoa inside prematurely or; Heaven help me, if they liked Proctor at LT (or anyone else either side that could become a reliable OG if OT doesn't work). Proctor really pleasantly surprised me at the combines with very good lateral movement/agility and a 5.2 forty. My 1st impression of him this year was his worst game vs Florida State.
TEs can open doors for this Offense. Getting one that can be duel purpose like Steve Heiden was when KWII was here messed with a lot of opponents thinking the Browns were tipping off a tendency when Heiden came on the field. "He's just coming in to do the blocking so Winslow can get open downfield." I think one of the highlights I shared about Heiden the other day showed nobody on D attempting to hit/press him or slow him up out of stance to the extent nobody in the 2nd or 3rd tier paid him any attention until it was "UH-OH! pursuit angle time!!!"
Another idea Dutch mentioned a month or 2 ago was add someone like Ohio State's TE Will Kacmarek later in the draft or possibly as an Undrafted Rookie FA. This would be another way to do it. He could be a lot like a Steve Heiden dual purpose. The new FA TE from the Saints could also help.
I don't like the idea of drafting a TE to be a chipper early in the draft. We already have some of those and we already have Fannin as the receiving TE. Don't draft a TE early in round one to do the job of guys you can get in the 6th round. Chipper can be effective late release player as an outlet for the qb.
To be honest, I don't like a receiver in the 1st round. There will be a lot of good receivers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Fix the nuts and bolts before you start adding chrome. I like the idea of getting the LT and QB Simpson. I know many don't like the idea of a QB but when you haven't had a QB for a generation and have at best question marks at the position, you need to keep drafting one until you fix the position. I am tired of dicking around at the QB position. I don't know if Shedufus is going to be any good or not, but until we find out, keep drafting a QB.
-
You're a bad influence on me ?- but great point. Tradeback would be the most ideal scenario. Another thing about it all is if we did draft a rookie OTackle - it would be nice to have 1 of the 2 TEs in formation on the space to the rookie Tackle's outside shoulder close by. If we could do something like this their would be less temptation to knee jerk a guy like RT Mauiguoa inside prematurely or; Heaven help me, if they liked Proctor at LT (or anyone else either side that could become a reliable OG if OT doesn't work). Proctor really pleasantly surprised me at the combines with very good lateral movement/agility and a 5.2 forty. My 1st impression of him this year was his worst game vs Florida State.
TEs can open doors for this Offense. Getting one that can be duel purpose like Steve Heiden was when KWII was here messed with a lot of opponents thinking the Browns were tipping off a tendency when Heiden came on the field. "He's just coming in to do the blocking so Winslow can get open downfield." I think one of the highlights I shared about Heiden the other day showed nobody on D attempting to hit/press him or slow him up out of stance to the extent nobody in the 2nd or 3rd tier paid him any attention until it was "UH-OH! pursuit angle time!!!"
Another idea Dutch mentioned a month or 2 ago was add someone like Ohio State's TE Will Kacmarek later in the draft or possibly as an Undrafted Rookie FA. This would be another way to do it. He could be a lot like a Steve Heiden dual purpose. The new FA TE from the Saints could also help.
I don't like the idea of drafting a TE to be a chipper early in the draft. We already have some of those and we already have Fannin as the receiving TE. Don't draft a TE early in round one to do the job of guys you can get in the 6th round. Chipper can be effective late release player as an outlet for the qb.
To be honest, I don't like a receiver in the 1st round. There will be a lot of good receivers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Fix the nuts and bolts before you start adding chrome. I like the idea of getting the LT and QB Simpson. I know many don't like the idea of a QB but when you haven't had a QB for a generation and have at best question marks at the position, you need to keep drafting one until you fix the position. I am tired of dicking around at the QB position. I don't know if Shedufus is going to be any good or not, but until we find out, keep drafting a QB.
I don't like the idea of drafting a TE to be a chipper early in the draft. We already have some of those and we already have Fannin as the receiving TE. Don't draft a TE early in round one to do the job of guys you can get in the 6th round. Chipper can be effective late release player as an outlet for the qb.
To be honest, I don't like a receiver in the 1st round. There will be a lot of good receivers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Fix the nuts and bolts before you start adding chrome. I like the idea of getting the LT and QB Simpson. I know many don't like the idea of a QB but when you haven't had a QB for a generation and have at best question marks at the position, you need to keep drafting one until you fix the position. I am tired of dicking around at the QB position. I don't know if Shedufus is going to be any good or not, but until we find out, keep drafting a QB.
I've said it before, but Simpson should not have come out into this draft with only 15 college starts. I like his potential, if he had come out next draft.
I can't think of many teams that would be a worse fit for Simpson than the Browns. He's a guy who should sit behind an established starter for a couple of seasons - like Green Bay did with Jordan Love - and that won't happen here. He'll be rushed into action too early, and it wouldn't shock me if he'll be doing it under a different head coach fairly soon too.
A team like the Rams makes so much sense for Simpson. An established team, coaching staff and starting QB in front of him. That team will allow him to get experience slowly and allow him to get stronger physically while not being rushed into service.
-
You're a bad influence on me ?- but great point. Tradeback would be the most ideal scenario. Another thing about it all is if we did draft a rookie OTackle - it would be nice to have 1 of the 2 TEs in formation on the space to the rookie Tackle's outside shoulder close by. If we could do something like this their would be less temptation to knee jerk a guy like RT Mauiguoa inside prematurely or; Heaven help me, if they liked Proctor at LT (or anyone else either side that could become a reliable OG if OT doesn't work). Proctor really pleasantly surprised me at the combines with very good lateral movement/agility and a 5.2 forty. My 1st impression of him this year was his worst game vs Florida State.
TEs can open doors for this Offense. Getting one that can be duel purpose like Steve Heiden was when KWII was here messed with a lot of opponents thinking the Browns were tipping off a tendency when Heiden came on the field. "He's just coming in to do the blocking so Winslow can get open downfield." I think one of the highlights I shared about Heiden the other day showed nobody on D attempting to hit/press him or slow him up out of stance to the extent nobody in the 2nd or 3rd tier paid him any attention until it was "UH-OH! pursuit angle time!!!"
Another idea Dutch mentioned a month or 2 ago was add someone like Ohio State's TE Will Kacmarek later in the draft or possibly as an Undrafted Rookie FA. This would be another way to do it. He could be a lot like a Steve Heiden dual purpose. The new FA TE from the Saints could also help.
I don't like the idea of drafting a TE to be a chipper early in the draft. We already have some of those and we already have Fannin as the receiving TE. Don't draft a TE early in round one to do the job of guys you can get in the 6th round. Chipper can be effective late release player as an outlet for the qb.
To be honest, I don't like a receiver in the 1st round. There will be a lot of good receivers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Fix the nuts and bolts before you start adding chrome. I like the idea of getting the LT and QB Simpson. I know many don't like the idea of a QB but when you haven't had a QB for a generation and have at best question marks at the position, you need to keep drafting one until you fix the position. I am tired of dicking around at the QB position. I don't know if Shedufus is going to be any good or not, but until we find out, keep drafting a QB.
I don't like the idea of drafting a TE to be a chipper early in the draft. We already have some of those and we already have Fannin as the receiving TE. Don't draft a TE early in round one to do the job of guys you can get in the 6th round. Chipper can be effective late release player as an outlet for the qb.
To be honest, I don't like a receiver in the 1st round. There will be a lot of good receivers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Fix the nuts and bolts before you start adding chrome. I like the idea of getting the LT and QB Simpson. I know many don't like the idea of a QB but when you haven't had a QB for a generation and have at best question marks at the position, you need to keep drafting one until you fix the position. I am tired of dicking around at the QB position. I don't know if Shedufus is going to be any good or not, but until we find out, keep drafting a QB.
It may not seem like this but one of my favorite parts of doing what we do in here - is when someone can successfully challenge a current direction of thinking I have to the extent I can tell them I understand why you're thinking this way. If that didn't ever happen why would I even need to be in here? In some ways, you remind me of Gipper (that's a good thing) when I'd post about Paul Brown and he'd throw in a "Don't forget" which of course meant I forgot or even worse - was unaware/didn't know. That's good for me even if it isn't always convenient. I JOIN you in being tired of dicking around at QB to the extent I had a nightmare I was a muffler and woke up exhausted...
The 1 thing I've never waivered on this year is wanting one of the highest rated LTs 1st and a scoring weapon on the perimeter. The TE thing can be exactly as you said (which Dutch also suggested somewhere in the last 2-3 months) where he said adding a 2nd TE like Ohio State's Will Kacmarek late or as a UFA can give us dual purpose. My intention was typing my thoughts about how important TEs can be here for a team that may not have THE dream at WR in early our draft slot while adding a talented rookie TE lining up on the outside shoulder of rookie OTackle (vs defenses with 2 good edge rushers) challenges who is going to being the dictating. As much as there seems to be a consensus wanting to king Mauigoa as THE best OTackle in this draft there's 2 hurdles; 1st - he's a RT so there's a subconscious concern about all space to the right of his outside shoulder in pass protection , 2nd - as a result most draftniks/analysts are sure to mention he may kick inside in the NFL (and it's not just due to arm length - it's a lack of lateral footwork/base that could help him overcome shorter arms by staying in position in front of the defender to remain effective with hand placement. Caleb Lomu doesn't have long arms either; but his footwork keeps him a relentless pain in the ass to the opponent making what God gave him in arm length a doable compensation imo. Anyway, there's probably going to be tackles in this draft that may have immediate space to their outside shoulders protected with a TE or offensive teammate close by in formation.
Even better, SdB80 brought up a 1st round TE like Sadiq (4.39 speed) from Oregon could be as good of a perimeter weapon as several 1st round WRs in this draft. I remember when TE Brock Bowers was just as dangerous as all the WRs in his draft class.
In the end, there's always alternatives to following what everyone else is doing so I'm going to try to keep somewhat of an open mind this time around. Someone may have to remind me of this later on.
-
You're a bad influence on me ?- but great point. Tradeback would be the most ideal scenario. Another thing about it all is if we did draft a rookie OTackle - it would be nice to have 1 of the 2 TEs in formation on the space to the rookie Tackle's outside shoulder close by. If we could do something like this their would be less temptation to knee jerk a guy like RT Mauiguoa inside prematurely or; Heaven help me, if they liked Proctor at LT (or anyone else either side that could become a reliable OG if OT doesn't work). Proctor really pleasantly surprised me at the combines with very good lateral movement/agility and a 5.2 forty. My 1st impression of him this year was his worst game vs Florida State.
TEs can open doors for this Offense. Getting one that can be duel purpose like Steve Heiden was when KWII was here messed with a lot of opponents thinking the Browns were tipping off a tendency when Heiden came on the field. "He's just coming in to do the blocking so Winslow can get open downfield." I think one of the highlights I shared about Heiden the other day showed nobody on D attempting to hit/press him or slow him up out of stance to the extent nobody in the 2nd or 3rd tier paid him any attention until it was "UH-OH! pursuit angle time!!!"
Another idea Dutch mentioned a month or 2 ago was add someone like Ohio State's TE Will Kacmarek later in the draft or possibly as an Undrafted Rookie FA. This would be another way to do it. He could be a lot like a Steve Heiden dual purpose. The new FA TE from the Saints could also help.
I don't like the idea of drafting a TE to be a chipper early in the draft. We already have some of those and we already have Fannin as the receiving TE. Don't draft a TE early in round one to do the job of guys you can get in the 6th round. Chipper can be effective late release player as an outlet for the qb.
To be honest, I don't like a receiver in the 1st round. There will be a lot of good receivers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Fix the nuts and bolts before you start adding chrome. I like the idea of getting the LT and QB Simpson. I know many don't like the idea of a QB but when you haven't had a QB for a generation and have at best question marks at the position, you need to keep drafting one until you fix the position. I am tired of dicking around at the QB position. I don't know if Shedufus is going to be any good or not, but until we find out, keep drafting a QB.
a chipper
That's their word.
edit: Re Simpson. He has *some* quality film. Some, especially early season, not so good. But it should give anyone pause, no matter how desperate, to look at the LONG list of QB failures that had 20 or fewer starts. Off the top of my head, the only QB's at or under that number recently are Murray, Haskins (RIP, #7) Cam, Mac Jones, Dirty Sanzhez and Mitch-a-palooza.
That isn't exactly great company.
-
a chipper
That's their word.
edit: Re Simpson. He has *some* quality film. Some, especially early season, not so good. But it should give anyone pause, no matter how desperate, to look at the LONG list of QB failures that had 20 or fewer starts. Off the top of my head, the only QB's at or under that number recently are Murray, Haskins (RIP, #7) Cam, Mac Jones, Dirty Sanzhez and Mitch-a-palooza.
That isn't exactly great company.
-
Sidiq by some accounts runs an advanced route tree. 6’4” 240 that runs a 4.39. 43.5 vertical that is an inch higher than the best WR and for context most are in the 30s.
You play a team that likes to play man coverage how many teams are going to want to put someone on an island against this man? He would be utilized differently here he’s not Fannin or Jeudy.
-
I still say Jamari Thrash is going to turn the corner. Just you wait and see.
I still say Jamari Thrash is going to turn the corner. Just you wait and see.
If he hasn't gotten it by now... It's doubtful he ever will..
-
Sidiq by some accounts runs an advanced route tree. 6’4” 240 that runs a 4.39. 43.5 vertical that is an inch higher than the best WR and for context most are in the 30s.
You play a team that likes to play man coverage how many teams are going to want to put someone on an island against this man? He would be utilized differently here he’s not Fannin or Jeudy.
Sidiq by some accounts runs an advanced route tree. 6’4” 240 that runs a 4.39. 43.5 vertical that is an inch higher than the best WR and for context most are in the 30s.
You play a team that likes to play man coverage how many teams are going to want to put someone on an island against this man? He would be utilized differently here he’s not Fannin or Jeudy.
I will quote here but answer some questions from others as well.
If we plan on using him outside, so be it. Those are Megatron numbers. I just don't like the thought of drafting an in-line TE, at least early in the draft. It seems somewhat redundant, especially when you consider we just signed a FA TE who supposedly has a good rep as a blocker.
As for Simpson, the number of starts is a concern. I wouldn't expect to see him play out of the gate. If Shedufus balls out, great! We would then have a QB in wait, or one we should be able to get some value back on somewhere down the road. I know that doesn't sound ideal, and it isn't. My only thought is when you are a team who hasn't had a QB for the last 25 years you better keep taking one until you get one. I don't have the feeling that Sanders is a guy we can ride 2-3 years before we make a final decision on him.
That may not be fair to him, but it is what it is.
-
Sidiq by some accounts runs an advanced route tree. 6’4” 240 that runs a 4.39. 43.5 vertical that is an inch higher than the best WR and for context most are in the 30s.
You play a team that likes to play man coverage how many teams are going to want to put someone on an island against this man? He would be utilized differently here he’s not Fannin or Jeudy.
I will quote here but answer some questions from others as well.
If we plan on using him outside, so be it. Those are Megatron numbers. I just don't like the thought of drafting an in-line TE, at least early in the draft. It seems somewhat redundant, especially when you consider we just signed a FA TE who supposedly has a good rep as a blocker.
As for Simpson, the number of starts is a concern. I wouldn't expect to see him play out of the gate. If Shedufus balls out, great! We would then have a QB in wait, or one we should be able to get some value back on somewhere down the road. I know that doesn't sound ideal, and it isn't. My only thought is when you are a team who hasn't had a QB for the last 25 years you better keep taking one until you get one. I don't have the feeling that Sanders is a guy we can ride 2-3 years before we make a final decision on him.
That may not be fair to him, but it is what it is.
I will quote here but answer some questions from others as well.
If we plan on using him outside, so be it. Those are Megatron numbers. I just don't like the thought of drafting an in-line TE, at least early in the draft. It seems somewhat redundant, especially when you consider we just signed a FA TE who supposedly has a good rep as a blocker.
As for Simpson, the number of starts is a concern. I wouldn't expect to see him play out of the gate. If Shedufus balls out, great! We would then have a QB in wait, or one we should be able to get some value back on somewhere down the road. I know that doesn't sound ideal, and it isn't. My only thought is when you are a team who hasn't had a QB for the last 25 years you better keep taking one until you get one. I don't have the feeling that Sanders is a guy we can ride 2-3 years before we make a final decision on him.
That may not be fair to him, but it is what it is.
Understood; but keep a sense of humor for the rest, Unfortunately, the Browns braintrust already drafted a QB about this height (below) in the 3rd round to stand tall in the pocket 2 rounds before trading for Sanders - to assure us why history has a tendency to repeat itself. Yeah, don't just draft 1 rookie QB swimming against the current of consensus of approval - go get a 2nd one 31 other teams are clearly avoiding to remind all those same teams you are the ONE that was going to prove them all wrong about Watson. That's a consistency we've been taught not to trust. So now that nobody AFTER Mendoza looks like a franchise QB in this draft - Cleveland of all franchises can be rewarded for square pegging a round hole in the upcoming draft. I never thought I'd say this but Drew Allar mid-late could be the type of QB they could develop the right way in lieu of hurrying 1 more guy that isn't ready
As for the TE thing, we know Fannin isn't here to throw any blocks and that's okay since he's here to get open and catch the ball in a place where the WR position offered very little help with that in 2025. The reason I've been showing highlights of Steve Heiden (not a 1st round draft pick) was because his presence on the field didn't tip a tendency that he can ONLY block. Even the Rats (Monken's last team) Pro Bowl TE (Andrews as a throw-back dual purpose TE) so when Likely played in a double TE set - there was no tipping off a tendency. So here's the most recent football our new FA TE (Stoll) has played and his 17 game season in 2025 was his best (below). So, yeah we don't have to draft the same kind of guy at all - especially since we have RBs that can chip on the edge on their way into a short route working better than ever. Hard to argue with how successful that all looked last year with the warm and fuzzy pass pro on our edges. History shows us an excellent dual purpose TE like Mark Andrews wasn't drafted until round 3. He can set an edge if/when required which is far different than a tenth of a second chip block by a RB (being recontexted into our discussion as the role of the 2nd TE situationally appearing in a formation). Even TEs going into a route LOVE to block down and drive the edge guy some as the perfect push-off opportunity into his uncontested route the other way (ie; Travis Kelce)
-
Who's word?
Tongue in cheek, bubs. Think about it.
Sidiq by some accounts runs an advanced route tree. 6’4” 240 that runs a 4.39. 43.5 vertical that is an inch higher than the best WR and for context most are in the 30s.
You play a team that likes to play man coverage how many teams are going to want to put someone on an island against this man? He would be utilized differently here he’s not Fannin or Jeudy.
The argument here is that Sidiq, and his deployment, would be more reminiscent of Kellen Winslow when he was in CLE.
... I don't hate that.
-
Who's word?
Tongue in cheek, bubs. Think about it.
Sidiq by some accounts runs an advanced route tree. 6’4” 240 that runs a 4.39. 43.5 vertical that is an inch higher than the best WR and for context most are in the 30s.
You play a team that likes to play man coverage how many teams are going to want to put someone on an island against this man? He would be utilized differently here he’s not Fannin or Jeudy.
The argument here is that Sidiq, and his deployment, would be more reminiscent of Kellen Winslow when he was in CLE.
... I don't hate that.
Tongue in cheek, bubs. Think about it.
The argument here is that Sidiq, and his deployment, would be more reminiscent of Kellen Winslow when he was in CLE.
... I don't hate that.
I hear ya.
In the flow of discussion re Sidiq, I got there too after SdB80 nudged me with a reminder of Sidiq's 4.39 speed. As for Sidiq's blocking, the reports I've read vary from one to the next as did my very limited observation of those skills in the Oregon games I saw.
One scouting report said "handles blocking responsibilities with ease and has a great strength profile. Able to move guys as a run blocker." - Lindy's Draft Guide
Another has a little bit of both but leans more toward your point about KWII in CLE : "He's willing to get his hands dirty in the run game, too, using his physicality to hold his own as a blocker." Ironically the next sentence begins the next paragraph about weakness with: "Sadiq could use some improvements to his technique if he wants to be effective as an in-line blocker in the run game, especially with a frame that could already pose some challenges in the trenches against NFL edge defenders" - Athlon Sports Draft Preview
-
Tongue in cheek, bubs. Think about it.
The argument here is that Sidiq, and his deployment, would be more reminiscent of Kellen Winslow when he was in CLE.
... I don't hate that.
I hear ya.
In the flow of discussion re Sidiq, I got there too after SdB80 nudged me with a reminder of Sidiq's 4.39 speed. As for Sidiq's blocking, the reports I've read vary from one to the next as did my very limited observation of those skills in the Oregon games I saw.
One scouting report said "handles blocking responsibilities with ease and has a great strength profile. Able to move guys as a run blocker." - Lindy's Draft Guide
Another has a little bit of both but leans more toward your point about KWII in CLE : "He's willing to get his hands dirty in the run game, too, using his physicality to hold his own as a blocker." Ironically the next sentence begins the next paragraph about weakness with: "Sadiq could use some improvements to his technique if he wants to be effective as an in-line blocker in the run game, especially with a frame that could already pose some challenges in the trenches against NFL edge defenders" - Athlon Sports Draft Preview
I hear ya.
In the flow of discussion re Sidiq, I got there too after SdB80 nudged me with a reminder of Sidiq's 4.39 speed. As for Sidiq's blocking, the reports I've read vary from one to the next as did my very limited observation of those skills in the Oregon games I saw.
One scouting report said "handles blocking responsibilities with ease and has a great strength profile. Able to move guys as a run blocker." - Lindy's Draft Guide
Another has a little bit of both but leans more toward your point about KWII in CLE : "He's willing to get his hands dirty in the run game, too, using his physicality to hold his own as a blocker." Ironically the next sentence begins the next paragraph about weakness with: "Sadiq could use some improvements to his technique if he wants to be effective as an in-line blocker in the run game, especially with a frame that could already pose some challenges in the trenches against NFL edge defenders" - Athlon Sports Draft Preview
I’m not drafting him as an inline blocker but I can see with his size and speed where he can successful on the perimeter blocking smaller slower guys that he has leverage and length on.
On 3rd down and two minute offense it would be nice to have a unicorn. I think his measurables and ability may lend him to be that kind of guy that consistently wins and sometimes dominates his matchup.We could use a “what the hell do we do against that guy” during a Monday scouting session.
-
I hear ya.
In the flow of discussion re Sidiq, I got there too after SdB80 nudged me with a reminder of Sidiq's 4.39 speed. As for Sidiq's blocking, the reports I've read vary from one to the next as did my very limited observation of those skills in the Oregon games I saw.
One scouting report said "handles blocking responsibilities with ease and has a great strength profile. Able to move guys as a run blocker." - Lindy's Draft Guide
Another has a little bit of both but leans more toward your point about KWII in CLE : "He's willing to get his hands dirty in the run game, too, using his physicality to hold his own as a blocker." Ironically the next sentence begins the next paragraph about weakness with: "Sadiq could use some improvements to his technique if he wants to be effective as an in-line blocker in the run game, especially with a frame that could already pose some challenges in the trenches against NFL edge defenders" - Athlon Sports Draft Preview
I’m not drafting him as an inline blocker but I can see with his size and speed where he can successful on the perimeter blocking smaller slower guys that he has leverage and length on.
On 3rd down and two minute offense it would be nice to have a unicorn. I think his measurables and ability may lend him to be that kind of guy that consistently wins and sometimes dominates his matchup.We could use a “what the hell do we do against that guy” during a Monday scouting session.
I’m not drafting him as an inline blocker but I can see with his size and speed where he can successful on the perimeter blocking smaller slower guys that he has leverage and length on.
On 3rd down and two minute offense it would be nice to have a unicorn. I think his measurables and ability may lend him to be that kind of guy that consistently wins and sometimes dominates his matchup.We could use a “what the hell do we do against that guy” during a Monday scouting session.
True. The reality is - we're not just spending this off-season on attempting to improve the OTackles only. The same efforts will be/are happening with the C & OGs inside the Tackles and the WRs & TEs outside the OTackles. This team didn't only win 3 of 17 games in 2024 and 5 of 17 games in 2025 because they're good on offense.
It's not supposed to be a strong QB draft after Mendoza; but why do I get the feeling someone like the 6'0" Trinidad Chambliss is causing underwear changes in the brain trust all day long? I'm not opposed to a QB between round 4 and 7 if they feel they need to keep rolling the dice on the position haunting them.
-
So drafting 5th-6th round QBs is the answer?
I say no thanks.
-
-
-
So drafting 5th-6th round QBs is the answer?
I say no thanks.
I think it all depends upon how much you like the guy compared to any guys you would draft instead. And if you have room for a project. For us, we're still looking for a starter among the 3 guys we have. We've got no use for a draft pick project QB right now.
Watson being around clouds things. If you want to bring in someone to be the starter they're going to have to compete with Watson. Supposedly Watson used to be good. Maybe Monken's scheme suits him really well and he outshines everyone. (I think that Watson will look like the best QB option to Monken by the time Preseason rolls around)
We have a unique QB room, inherited by a new coaching regime. IMO, we should let the new HC straighten out that QB room by evaluating and declaring a batting order. It's an everybody's got a 'clean slate' opportunity. No incumbents. As for this draft, perhaps you want to hedge your bet by trying to acquire assets to help you get into position for a new QB in the '27 draft, should that turn out to be necessary. Much like we did at last year's draft. And spend this year's picks to get more weapons for the QB position. We have 9 picks, I think. Enough for WR's, Olinemen, and defense.
-
So drafting 5th-6th round QBs is the answer?
I say no thanks.
So pretending a franchise QB will be on any of the Browns draft slots on day 1 or day 2 continues to work for you?
That went so well for you last year that the Browns decided they better draft an adult sized QB in the 5th round.
Purposely misquoting me won't work any better for you. Here's what I typed: I'm not opposed to a QB between round 4 and 7 if they feel they need to keep rolling the dice on the position haunting them.
-
So drafting 5th-6th round QBs is the answer?
I say no thanks.
So pretending a franchise QB will be on any of the Browns draft slots on day 1 or day 2 continues to work for you?
That went so well for you last year that the Browns decided they better draft an adult sized QB in the 5th round.
Purposely misquoting me won't work any better for you. Here's what I typed: I'm not opposed to a QB between round 4 and 7 if they feel they need to keep rolling the dice on the position haunting them.
So pretending a franchise QB will be on any of the Browns draft slots on day 1 or day 2 continues to work for you?
That went so well for you last year that the Browns decided they better draft an adult sized QB in the 5th round.
Purposely misquoting me won't work any better for you. Here's what I typed: I'm not opposed to a QB between round 4 and 7 if they feel they need to keep rolling the dice on the position haunting them.
So I picked two rounds that fall inside the parameters you set. A little picky, don't you think?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login