Skip to content

WR position

The Browns Board
98 13 1.7k 1
  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The best use of a Day three pick has been turning one of those picks into Amare Cooper, Wyatt Teller and Tytus Howard.     Copilot says 4% -5% of players selected in round 5 become multi year starters.

    Preach it brother.  And because you drafted him, you keep him on the team 2 full years even though he sucks.  If you can get somebody who can play and help your team for a 5th rounder, you're ahead of the game.  Let's say we wanted to use our 2 5th rounders to move up as high as we could.  Picks 146 & 149 could get us to pick 115 on a draft value chart.  Middle of round 4.  -  Are you better off having 2 cracks at a decent player in the 5th?  Or 1 crack at it in the 4th?  Best option, trade for a veteran when you can.

    @orion said:

    Preach it brother.  And because you drafted him, you keep him on the team 2 full years even though he sucks.  If you can get somebody who can play and help your team for a 5th rounder, you're ahead of the game.  Let's say we wanted to use our 2 5th rounders to move up as high as we could.  Picks 146 & 149 could get us to pick 115 on a draft value chart.  Middle of round 4.  -  Are you better off having 2 cracks at a decent player in the 5th?  Or 1 crack at it in the 4th?  Best option, trade for a veteran when you can.

    I don't know where it gets you on the draft chart, but I agree you are almost always better off trading later picks for a player, to move up, or trade for future picks. The 5th round seems to be the last round the GM's feel you can find a player  little better than FA players you can sign, so they do hold some value. Usually you can still find guards and centers who might work out.  Maybe some backers.

    To me that is when you start looking to small school guys and players with one skill that stands out that gives you some hope they can be decent special team players.  At that point you don't stand much chance to build the top of your roster in the draft, you are building the bottom of the roster.

  • @orion said:

    I think it all depends upon how much you like the guy compared to any guys you would draft instead.  And if you have room for a project.  For us, we're still looking for a starter among the 3 guys we have.  We've got no use for a draft pick project QB right now.  

    Watson being around clouds things.  If you want to bring in someone to be the starter they're going to have to compete with Watson.  Supposedly Watson used to be good.  Maybe Monken's scheme suits him really well and he outshines everyone.  (I think that Watson will  look like the best QB option to Monken by the time Preseason rolls around)

    We have a unique QB room, inherited by a new coaching regime.  IMO, we should let the new HC straighten out that QB room by evaluating and declaring a batting order.  It's an everybody's got a 'clean slate' opportunity.  No incumbents.  As for this draft, perhaps you want to hedge your bet by trying to acquire assets to help you get into position for a new QB in the '27 draft, should that turn out to be necessary.   Much like we did at last year's draft.  And spend this year's picks to get more weapons for  the QB position.  We have 9 picks, I think.  Enough for WR's, Olinemen, and defense.

    Well said - especially the part in bold above! Some years the group of QB prospects are better than others.  When Ty Simpson is the #2 prospect in every NFL Draft magazine I purchased - this year's QB class doesn't seem any better than last year's except for Mendoza at #1 overall. That said, a Drew Allar - PSU in round 4 might be worth rolling the dice on - or a Cole Payton - North Dakota State in round 5 - or a Sawyer Robertson - Baylor in round 6 - or a Luke Altmyer - Illinois or Haynes King - Ga Tech in round 7.  If we're a drafting step-stool QB as early as round 3 in 2025; this blow hard is very comfortable hoping the Browns defer/confine their QB choices anywhere between rounds 4 & 7 in 2026. 

    After the season we just witnessed - it makes NO sense to draft a wide eyed rookie QB with expectations of starting THIS year unless you get a QB like Mendoza that transcended a perennial door mat in college football to a National Champion. The Raiders could fleece all 3 1st round draft picks the Jets have this year plus both of the Jets 1st round picks next year as well as some of their multiple 2nd round picks. The supply for the demand this year doesn't seem like it warrants "you better draft a QB high if you don't have one." FWIW, I love the team building equivalent of make-up sex for previously neglecting OLine needs (requiring 5 staters) I'm seeing from Berry this off-season; but he's also well aware it's time to draft a Tackle or 2 that can consistently win on the edges. In fact, it's long overdue from someone that has worked for Howie Roseman in Philly. Those OTackles there have been very reliable since the day they were drafted.

    @flugel said:

    Well said - especially the part in bold above! Some years the group of QB prospects are better than others.  When Ty Simpson is the #2 prospect in every NFL Draft magazine I purchased - this year's QB class doesn't seem any better than last year's except for Mendoza at #1 overall. That said, a Drew Allar - PSU in round 4 might be worth rolling the dice on - or a Cole Payton - North Dakota State in round 5 - or a Sawyer Robertson - Baylor in round 6 - or a Luke Altmyer - Illinois or Haynes King - Ga Tech in round 7.  If we're a drafting step-stool QB as early as round 3 in 2025; this blow hard is very comfortable hoping the Browns defer/confine their QB choices anywhere between rounds 4 & 7 in 2026. 

    After the season we just witnessed - it makes NO sense to draft a wide eyed rookie QB with expectations of starting THIS year unless you get a QB like Mendoza that transcended a perennial door mat in college football to a National Champion. The Raiders could fleece all 3 1st round draft picks the Jets have this year plus both of the Jets 1st round picks next year as well as some of their multiple 2nd round picks. The supply for the demand this year doesn't seem like it warrants "you better draft a QB high if you don't have one." FWIW, I love the team building equivalent of make-up sex for previously neglecting OLine needs (requiring 5 staters) I'm seeing from Berry this off-season; but he's also well aware it's time to draft a Tackle or 2 that can consistently win on the edges. In fact, it's long overdue from someone that has worked for Howie Roseman in Philly. Those OTackles there have been very reliable since the day they were drafted.

    I do like Cole Payton.  I might draft him before the 5th round.

  • @flugel said:

    Well said - especially the part in bold above! Some years the group of QB prospects are better than others.  When Ty Simpson is the #2 prospect in every NFL Draft magazine I purchased - this year's QB class doesn't seem any better than last year's except for Mendoza at #1 overall. That said, a Drew Allar - PSU in round 4 might be worth rolling the dice on - or a Cole Payton - North Dakota State in round 5 - or a Sawyer Robertson - Baylor in round 6 - or a Luke Altmyer - Illinois or Haynes King - Ga Tech in round 7.  If we're a drafting step-stool QB as early as round 3 in 2025; this blow hard is very comfortable hoping the Browns defer/confine their QB choices anywhere between rounds 4 & 7 in 2026. 

    After the season we just witnessed - it makes NO sense to draft a wide eyed rookie QB with expectations of starting THIS year unless you get a QB like Mendoza that transcended a perennial door mat in college football to a National Champion. The Raiders could fleece all 3 1st round draft picks the Jets have this year plus both of the Jets 1st round picks next year as well as some of their multiple 2nd round picks. The supply for the demand this year doesn't seem like it warrants "you better draft a QB high if you don't have one." FWIW, I love the team building equivalent of make-up sex for previously neglecting OLine needs (requiring 5 staters) I'm seeing from Berry this off-season; but he's also well aware it's time to draft a Tackle or 2 that can consistently win on the edges. In fact, it's long overdue from someone that has worked for Howie Roseman in Philly. Those OTackles there have been very reliable since the day they were drafted.

    I do like Cole Payton.  I might draft him before the 5th round.

    @ballpeen said:

    I do like Cole Payton.  I might draft him before the 5th round.

    Yeah, he could probably go in the 4th. 

  • A receiver I like is Ted Hurst.  We can probably get him in a later round.  That is why I am not a big advocate for selecting a receiver in the first.

    We probably will go with the tackle at #6.  After the top 3, I don't see much separation in the next 15 receivers meaning we can select receivers maybe as deep as the 4th/5th rounds. I am not saying that is where we start selecting a receiver, just saying we can find them that deep.

  • A receiver I like is Ted Hurst.  We can probably get him in a later round.  That is why I am not a big advocate for selecting a receiver in the first.

    We probably will go with the tackle at #6.  After the top 3, I don't see much separation in the next 15 receivers meaning we can select receivers maybe as deep as the 4th/5th rounds. I am not saying that is where we start selecting a receiver, just saying we can find them that deep.

    @ballpeen said:

    A receiver I like is Ted Hurst.  We can probably get him in a later round.  That is why I am not a big advocate for selecting a receiver in the first.

    We probably will go with the tackle at #6.  After the top 3, I don't see much separation in the next 15 receivers meaning we can select receivers maybe as deep as the 4th/5th rounds. I am not saying that is where we start selecting a receiver, just saying we can find them that deep.

    That seems to be the consensus with this class - the WR class is a deep one without any true great top of the draft guys. 

    I really like Denzel Boston and Omar Cooper Jr at #24, and guys like KC Concepcion and Germie Bernard later. (Even though I wouldn't be surprised if KCC gets drafted before #39, his hands concern me)

  • A receiver I like is Ted Hurst.  We can probably get him in a later round.  That is why I am not a big advocate for selecting a receiver in the first.

    We probably will go with the tackle at #6.  After the top 3, I don't see much separation in the next 15 receivers meaning we can select receivers maybe as deep as the 4th/5th rounds. I am not saying that is where we start selecting a receiver, just saying we can find them that deep.

    @ballpeen said:

    A receiver I like is Ted Hurst.  We can probably get him in a later round.  That is why I am not a big advocate for selecting a receiver in the first.

    We probably will go with the tackle at #6.  After the top 3, I don't see much separation in the next 15 receivers meaning we can select receivers maybe as deep as the 4th/5th rounds. I am not saying that is where we start selecting a receiver, just saying we can find them that deep.

    @dutch-oven said:

    That seems to be the consensus with this class - the WR class is a deep one without any true great top of the draft guys. 

    I really like Denzel Boston and Omar Cooper Jr at #24, and guys like KC Concepcion and Germie Bernard later. (Even though I wouldn't be surprised if KCC gets drafted before #39, his hands concern me)

    Good points guys!

    FWIW, even among the biggest of draft enthusiasts who had any idea the guy in the cut and paste (below) was destined for early success in the NFL? And the 40 time doesn't look any better than Tate's this year or that of Jerry Rice in a yester-year for those that place too much emphasis on a position that rewards change of direction or an ability to stop on a dime and go every bit as much as straight ahead stuff. I'm sure many teams also welcome one's ability to post up and/or break press coverage. Above all, can one consistently catch the ball when open or in a crowd?

    image.png.8f20c928666c530b50cd7d274ce40822.png

  • Here's a guy we haven't mentioned before, might be a nice 2nd/3rd round guy. Ok size (5'11, 190lbs), good speed, great route running and quickness off the snap. 

  • There are a lot of guys we haven't talked about. That goes to my point that we don't have to draft a WR in the 1st round. The top 3 are the best, but that is for this draft.  I don't think in the big picture they stack up to the best in other drafts.

    I think it is a deep WR draft and you can get solid receivers well in to the middle rounds that don't give you all that much drop-off from the top of the draft players.

    Getting back to the trade down scenario, if we stick at #6, I wouldn't pass on one of the DE's. They are far superior players.  It would also provide insurance for when Myles starts whining about wanting to be traded.  Myles took the money, but that doesn't mean he is happy.

  • Here's a guy we haven't mentioned before, might be a nice 2nd/3rd round guy. Ok size (5'11, 190lbs), good speed, great route running and quickness off the snap. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a guy we haven't mentioned before, might be a nice 2nd/3rd round guy. Ok size (5'11, 190lbs), good speed, great route running and quickness off the snap. 

    Tempting!  In 2024, he enjoyed his best year with 14 games 75 rec 904 yards 12.1 ypc 11 TDs

    2023, 5 games 22 rec 224 yards 10.2 ypc 2 TDs

    2025, 10 games 55 rec 604 yards 11 ypc 4 TDs

    Athlon projects him for round 3 and rates him #15.  I also like their #13 WR (they project for round 3) Indiana's 6'2" WR prospect Elijah Sarratt with 65 rec for 830 yards 12.8 ypc with 15 TD receptions in 2025 but he did have Mendoza throwing to him with talented WR Omar Cooper Jr commanding plenty of attention on the other side...

  • Here's a guy we haven't mentioned before, might be a nice 2nd/3rd round guy. Ok size (5'11, 190lbs), good speed, great route running and quickness off the snap. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a guy we haven't mentioned before, might be a nice 2nd/3rd round guy. Ok size (5'11, 190lbs), good speed, great route running and quickness off the snap. 

    You guys are catching on, proud of you <3. 

    The more I watch Concepcion, when I factor in his drop rate with contested catch rate, I have some concerns. 

     I love Tones route command and fluid footwork. You just see a complete calm when he's in the pattern. 

    RunThe9@tjRT9s
    I feel like 'Tone had sort of faded from attention the last few months. But the more I watch Clemson's offense, the more I like his game. His combine should remind many to take a longer look.
    Clemson Football@ClemsonFB.@a_williams2022 movin’ down the tracks‼️ #NFLCombine on @nflnetwork
  • Here's a guy we haven't mentioned before, might be a nice 2nd/3rd round guy. Ok size (5'11, 190lbs), good speed, great route running and quickness off the snap. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a guy we haven't mentioned before, might be a nice 2nd/3rd round guy. Ok size (5'11, 190lbs), good speed, great route running and quickness off the snap. 

    I mentioned him briefly a couple months ago.  You may remember him three years ago.  He was a backup running back at Ohio State.  Great YAC guy.  Maybe a round 3 guy or beginning of day 3 type player. 

  • There are a lot of guys we haven't talked about. That goes to my point that we don't have to draft a WR in the 1st round. The top 3 are the best, but that is for this draft.  I don't think in the big picture they stack up to the best in other drafts.

    I think it is a deep WR draft and you can get solid receivers well in to the middle rounds that don't give you all that much drop-off from the top of the draft players.

    Getting back to the trade down scenario, if we stick at #6, I wouldn't pass on one of the DE's. They are far superior players.  It would also provide insurance for when Myles starts whining about wanting to be traded.  Myles took the money, but that doesn't mean he is happy.

    @ballpeen said:

    There are a lot of guys we haven't talked about. That goes to my point that we don't have to draft a WR in the 1st round. The top 3 are the best, but that is for this draft.  I don't think in the big picture they stack up to the best in other drafts.

    I think it is a deep WR draft and you can get solid receivers well in to the middle rounds that don't give you all that much drop-off from the top of the draft players.

    Getting back to the trade down scenario, if we stick at #6, I wouldn't pass on one of the DE's. They are far superior players.  It would also provide insurance for when Myles starts whining about wanting to be traded.  Myles took the money, but that doesn't mean he is happy.

    You never can have too many pass rushers. I wouldn’t be upset if that’s what they took at 6 if they can’t trade down.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Here's a guy we haven't mentioned before, might be a nice 2nd/3rd round guy. Ok size (5'11, 190lbs), good speed, great route running and quickness off the snap. 

    You guys are catching on, proud of you <3. 

    The more I watch Concepcion, when I factor in his drop rate with contested catch rate, I have some concerns. 

     I love Tones route command and fluid footwork. You just see a complete calm when he's in the pattern. 

    RunThe9@tjRT9s
    I feel like 'Tone had sort of faded from attention the last few months. But the more I watch Clemson's offense, the more I like his game. His combine should remind many to take a longer look.
    Clemson Football@ClemsonFB.@a_williams2022 movin’ down the tracks‼️ #NFLCombine on @nflnetwork

    @tiamat63 said:

    You guys are catching on, proud of you <3. 

    The more I watch Concepcion, when I factor in his drop rate with contested catch rate, I have some concerns. 

     I love Tones route command and fluid footwork. You just see a complete calm when he's in the pattern. 

    I’m a big fan of Denzel Boston or Omar Cooper at 24. Thoughts @tiamat63?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You guys are catching on, proud of you <3. 

    The more I watch Concepcion, when I factor in his drop rate with contested catch rate, I have some concerns. 

     I love Tones route command and fluid footwork. You just see a complete calm when he's in the pattern. 

    I’m a big fan of Denzel Boston or Omar Cooper at 24. Thoughts @tiamat63?

    @dutch-oven said:

    I’m a big fan of Denzel Boston or Omar Cooper at 24. Thoughts @tiamat63?

    Haven't had much of a chance to watch Boston and Udub.   From my 2 games of Omar Cooper - favorable impression.  Not as my 1st rounder though.  We're a month out and I've gotten a lot of work done, but spread out over many prospects with none of them a "complete" eval.  I'll be spending the next 3 weeks locking in and wrapping those up.  I'll have more on Boston by then.  

  • 20 days till draft day

    HExE5MEWQAAiBoU.jpg.09aa3bee2808f507861259fc57075975.jpg

     
    Age at the end of this year:
     
    21: -Carnell Tate <<<(Browns visit)
     
    22: -Jordyn Tyson -Makai Lemon -KC Concepcion -Chris Bell <<<(All had Browns Visit)
          -Zachariah Branch -Antonio Williams -Ja'Kobi Lane -Ted Hurst
     
    23: -Omar Cooper -Denzel Boston -Germie Bernard <<< (All had Browns visit)
           -Elijah Sarratt -Deion Burks-Chris Brazzell
     
    24: -Skyler Bell -Malachi Fields -Bryce Lance
     
    10:57 AM · Apr 1, 2026
    Ian Hartitz@Ihartitz
    Age at the end of this year:

    21:
    -Carnell Tate

    22:
    -Jordyn Tyson
    -Makai Lemon
    -KC Concepcion
    -Chris Bell
    -Zachariah Branch
    -Antonio Williams
    -Ja'Kobi Lane
    -Ted Hurst

    23:
    -Omar Cooper
    -Denzel Boston
    -Chris Brazzell
    -Germie Bernard
    -Elijah Sarratt
    -Deion Burks

    24:
    -Skyler Bell Show more
     
    Final four season..
     
    Tate or Lemon (Early) 
     
    O.Cooper feels like a pick #22 trade up now.. Denzel Boston or KC Concepcion #24 options 
     
     I like Branch or Lane (late) 
     
    Our luck with injuries ?
    Jordyn Tyson...   ?  Nah, I'll pass
     
  • 20 days till draft day

    HExE5MEWQAAiBoU.jpg.09aa3bee2808f507861259fc57075975.jpg

     
    Age at the end of this year:
     
    21: -Carnell Tate <<<(Browns visit)
     
    22: -Jordyn Tyson -Makai Lemon -KC Concepcion -Chris Bell <<<(All had Browns Visit)
          -Zachariah Branch -Antonio Williams -Ja'Kobi Lane -Ted Hurst
     
    23: -Omar Cooper -Denzel Boston -Germie Bernard <<< (All had Browns visit)
           -Elijah Sarratt -Deion Burks-Chris Brazzell
     
    24: -Skyler Bell -Malachi Fields -Bryce Lance
     
    10:57 AM · Apr 1, 2026
    Ian Hartitz@Ihartitz
    Age at the end of this year:

    21:
    -Carnell Tate

    22:
    -Jordyn Tyson
    -Makai Lemon
    -KC Concepcion
    -Chris Bell
    -Zachariah Branch
    -Antonio Williams
    -Ja'Kobi Lane
    -Ted Hurst

    23:
    -Omar Cooper
    -Denzel Boston
    -Chris Brazzell
    -Germie Bernard
    -Elijah Sarratt
    -Deion Burks

    24:
    -Skyler Bell Show more
     
    Final four season..
     
    Tate or Lemon (Early) 
     
    O.Cooper feels like a pick #22 trade up now.. Denzel Boston or KC Concepcion #24 options 
     
     I like Branch or Lane (late) 
     
    Our luck with injuries ?
    Jordyn Tyson...   ?  Nah, I'll pass
     

    @gumby73 said:

    20 days till draft day

    HExE5MEWQAAiBoU.jpg.09aa3bee2808f507861259fc57075975.jpg

     
    Age at the end of this year:
     
    21: -Carnell Tate <<<(Browns visit)
     
    22: -Jordyn Tyson -Makai Lemon -KC Concepcion -Chris Bell <<<(All had Browns Visit)
          -Zachariah Branch -Antonio Williams -Ja'Kobi Lane -Ted Hurst
     
    23: -Omar Cooper -Denzel Boston -Germie Bernard <<< (All had Browns visit)
           -Elijah Sarratt -Deion Burks-Chris Brazzell
     
    24: -Skyler Bell -Malachi Fields -Bryce Lance
     
     
    Final four season..
     
    Tate or Lemon (Early) 
     
    O.Cooper feels like a pick #22 trade up now.. Denzel Boston or KC Concepcion #24 options 
     
     I like Branch or Lane (late) 
     
    Our luck with injuries ?
    Jordyn Tyson...   ?  Nah, I'll pass
     

    I'm prejudice so I hate everyone equally so that's probably the best compliment I can give any Slot Receivers. Anyway, here's a mid/late round sleeper from a team that made it to the semi-finals of the CFP. 

    image.thumb.png.d068b8f6eb8a41b6b590c54e6e853993.png

  • Too bad he can't wear the # 007

    “Isaiah Bond has been outstanding. He comes in these minicamps in the spring, he looks physically bigger, but he’s still running the way he always has. Now he has the full route tree. All these receivers have been very, very impressive. For me, because I had an idea of what Concepcion was going to be and I had an idea of what Boston was going to be. They’re as good as advertised. The guy who’s been super impressive to me is Isaiah Bond. He is really turning himself into an NFL receiver,” Reisland said.

    It's only Spring (for a few more days) but if this holds up it'll be a really good thing. It'd be really nice if when we go with 4 WR sets, that they could all demand close attention by the D because of their individual talent.

    image.png

    The 24 Hours of Le Mans was this past weekend. Here's the 'Bond' Car. ( the other one was 009 ). And Corvette won it's class by 20 seconds! Yayyy Corvette!!

  • Too bad he can't wear the # 007

    “Isaiah Bond has been outstanding. He comes in these minicamps in the spring, he looks physically bigger, but he’s still running the way he always has. Now he has the full route tree. All these receivers have been very, very impressive. For me, because I had an idea of what Concepcion was going to be and I had an idea of what Boston was going to be. They’re as good as advertised. The guy who’s been super impressive to me is Isaiah Bond. He is really turning himself into an NFL receiver,” Reisland said.

    It's only Spring (for a few more days) but if this holds up it'll be a really good thing. It'd be really nice if when we go with 4 WR sets, that they could all demand close attention by the D because of their individual talent.

    image.png

    The 24 Hours of Le Mans was this past weekend. Here's the 'Bond' Car. ( the other one was 009 ). And Corvette won it's class by 20 seconds! Yayyy Corvette!!

    @orion said:

    Yayyy Corvette!!

  • Can't wait to see the difference in the Browns' offense with the wr group and oline fixed.

    Denzel Boston:

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/1796376328010159