What will the new Head Coach do?
-
I can't remember the last time I had a soda.
We don't even have sugar in the house
I used to run one of the larger gyms in the DC area. When I would do sit-ins with my trainers and clients before their PT sessions, I would always ask a couple nutrition-based questions. Biggest culprit was seemingly without fail, the amount of pop someone would drink. I don't mean people who indulge here or there. The daily drinkers are the worst offenders. Wasn't easy to get people to go cold turkey either. Like anything else, had to ween people off of it.
We had one lady come in, super nice and shy, she was a government purchasing agent, who seemed shocked when I flat out told her that if she cut her daily 4-6 cans of Pepsi; she would lose 10lbs in 45 days with minimal-to-no exercise. Made her a promise, shook her hand, she agreed to buy a 6pack of PT sessions, and I would comp her an additional session of PT, if she met that goal. Saw her 1, maybe 2 days a week, tops. She'd come in, hit the treadmill, maybe the elliptical and the sauna for 30 minutes before rush hour. Nothing crazy, wasn't like she was coming in and running circuits. But she cut out the daily soda completely. Came back 45 days later - 12lbs lighter. No additional changes to her diet other than that.
Sugar, empty calories and a bunch of shit else tossed in there. If people would cut out daily pop, this country would be SO much healthier in 3-5 years.
I used to run one of the larger gyms in the DC area. When I would do sit-ins with my trainers and clients before their PT sessions, I would always ask a couple nutrition-based questions. Biggest culprit was seemingly without fail, the amount of pop someone would drink. I don't mean people who indulge here or there. The daily drinkers are the worst offenders. Wasn't easy to get people to go cold turkey either. Like anything else, had to ween people off of it.
We had one lady come in, super nice and shy, she was a government purchasing agent, who seemed shocked when I flat out told her that if she cut her daily 4-6 cans of Pepsi; she would lose 10lbs in 45 days with minimal-to-no exercise. Made her a promise, shook her hand, she agreed to buy a 6pack of PT sessions, and I would comp her an additional session of PT, if she met that goal. Saw her 1, maybe 2 days a week, tops. She'd come in, hit the treadmill, maybe the elliptical and the sauna for 30 minutes before rush hour. Nothing crazy, wasn't like she was coming in and running circuits. But she cut out the daily soda completely. Came back 45 days later - 12lbs lighter. No additional changes to her diet other than that.
Sugar, empty calories and a bunch of shit else tossed in there. If people would cut out daily pop, this country would be SO much healthier in 3-5 years.
Hey, quit trying to bring the price of my Coca Cola (KO) shares down. I count on fat and diabetic people to fund my retirement.??
-
I used to run one of the larger gyms in the DC area. When I would do sit-ins with my trainers and clients before their PT sessions, I would always ask a couple nutrition-based questions. Biggest culprit was seemingly without fail, the amount of pop someone would drink. I don't mean people who indulge here or there. The daily drinkers are the worst offenders. Wasn't easy to get people to go cold turkey either. Like anything else, had to ween people off of it.
We had one lady come in, super nice and shy, she was a government purchasing agent, who seemed shocked when I flat out told her that if she cut her daily 4-6 cans of Pepsi; she would lose 10lbs in 45 days with minimal-to-no exercise. Made her a promise, shook her hand, she agreed to buy a 6pack of PT sessions, and I would comp her an additional session of PT, if she met that goal. Saw her 1, maybe 2 days a week, tops. She'd come in, hit the treadmill, maybe the elliptical and the sauna for 30 minutes before rush hour. Nothing crazy, wasn't like she was coming in and running circuits. But she cut out the daily soda completely. Came back 45 days later - 12lbs lighter. No additional changes to her diet other than that.
Sugar, empty calories and a bunch of shit else tossed in there. If people would cut out daily pop, this country would be SO much healthier in 3-5 years.
Hey, quit trying to bring the price of my Coca Cola (KO) shares down. I count on fat and diabetic people to fund my retirement.??
Hey, quit trying to bring the price of my Coca Cola (KO) shares down. I count on fat and diabetic people to fund my retirement.??
I quit drinking all Soda Pop products except for an occasional Ginger Ale
I wish they would bring Big Ginger back.. The company dissolved or got bought and rebranded a few years ago..
-
Hey, quit trying to bring the price of my Coca Cola (KO) shares down. I count on fat and diabetic people to fund my retirement.??
I quit drinking all Soda Pop products except for an occasional Ginger Ale
I wish they would bring Big Ginger back.. The company dissolved or got bought and rebranded a few years ago..
-
-
-
And now that you're older they just won't Wink back at you anymore.??
? Before we get to "anymore" - who's "they"?
-
I used to run one of the larger gyms in the DC area. When I would do sit-ins with my trainers and clients before their PT sessions, I would always ask a couple nutrition-based questions. Biggest culprit was seemingly without fail, the amount of pop someone would drink. I don't mean people who indulge here or there. The daily drinkers are the worst offenders. Wasn't easy to get people to go cold turkey either. Like anything else, had to ween people off of it.
We had one lady come in, super nice and shy, she was a government purchasing agent, who seemed shocked when I flat out told her that if she cut her daily 4-6 cans of Pepsi; she would lose 10lbs in 45 days with minimal-to-no exercise. Made her a promise, shook her hand, she agreed to buy a 6pack of PT sessions, and I would comp her an additional session of PT, if she met that goal. Saw her 1, maybe 2 days a week, tops. She'd come in, hit the treadmill, maybe the elliptical and the sauna for 30 minutes before rush hour. Nothing crazy, wasn't like she was coming in and running circuits. But she cut out the daily soda completely. Came back 45 days later - 12lbs lighter. No additional changes to her diet other than that.
Sugar, empty calories and a bunch of shit else tossed in there. If people would cut out daily pop, this country would be SO much healthier in 3-5 years.
Growing up in the Carolinas, soda or sweet tea was just a way of life. You didn't even think about it- it was always a soda with lunch, soda for the afternoon energy, etc. Hell, I knew multiple people who drank soda instead of coffee for caffeine. It really is hard to explain- you just drink soda like water. That was me, averaging probably 2-3 cans a day.
I was nearly 265 lbs at a 6 foot not in shape dude about 10-11 years ago. I finally decided to cut soda cold turkey on a random Thursday. When I tell you I will NEVER forget the incredible migraine I got that evening- I was truly, 100% in withdrawal. Had to call out of work but I was committed. That was my major life wake up call of how wild addiction and need for that stuff and similar items can be.
Cue two weeks later, down over 10 lbs without any other major diet changes. That was definitely the catalyst of my life too in realizing I had to change it up. That stuff really does ruin lives in so much of the country more than any other singular item.
That stuff really does ruin lives in so much of the country more than any other singular item.
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
I quit drinking all Soda Pop products except for an occasional Ginger Ale
That's my go to when I get a couple slices of pizza. The low (not zero sugar) poppi's.
Admitted I did get a few sips of cold coke the other day during a work party. My. God. The way it hit the pallet was almost addicting. So you can almost empathize with people that get hooked.
... almost.
-
That stuff really does ruin lives in so much of the country more than any other singular item.
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
I quit drinking all Soda Pop products except for an occasional Ginger Ale
That's my go to when I get a couple slices of pizza. The low (not zero sugar) poppi's.
Admitted I did get a few sips of cold coke the other day during a work party. My. God. The way it hit the pallet was almost addicting. So you can almost empathize with people that get hooked.
... almost.
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
Having a brother who is in recovery from opiates I hear you. Honestly though, I'd argue while opiates (or any addiction) is a much more sad and brutal vice the number one health crisis in this country by a wide margin is obesity and chronic malnutrition. I just saw something recently that of men who died before 55, obesity was a comorbidity in 70% of cases- much higher than alcohol, tobacco, or drug use. While there's obviously a lot of shit that goes into obesity, I'd reckon soda (or sugar drinks) is #1 on the list for most of those people. I can't find that, but this highlights it: https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2025/10/researchers-report-astounding-obesity-surge-in-u-s/
We live in Florida and do the annual passes for Disney with my younger kids. I try to be as kind as possible, but if you ever want a testament to that reality go to the Magic Kingdom on a Saturday. Holy smokes man- the amount of people seemingly 35-40 in scooters or wildly obese is just out of control.
Moral of the story- enjoy life in moderation.
-
That stuff really does ruin lives in so much of the country more than any other singular item.
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
I quit drinking all Soda Pop products except for an occasional Ginger Ale
That's my go to when I get a couple slices of pizza. The low (not zero sugar) poppi's.
Admitted I did get a few sips of cold coke the other day during a work party. My. God. The way it hit the pallet was almost addicting. So you can almost empathize with people that get hooked.
... almost.
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
That's my go to when I get a couple slices of pizza. The low (not zero sugar) poppi's.
Admitted I did get a few sips of cold coke the other day during a work party. My. God. The way it hit the pallet was almost addicting. So you can almost empathize with people that get hooked.
... almost.
It's enough to drive ya crazy isn't it? I used to be a huge pepsi lover... But since having a stroke back in 03.. Caffeine just nauseates the hell out of me and just intensifies seizures or induces them.. So I quit drinking caffeine products altogether.. So I'll drink decaf coffee instead.. And my drink of choice these days has been Pellegrino water other than occasional beer.. I don't consume much alcohol either.. Time and age has a way of forcing you to make changes.. Hell I quit smoking 8-9 years ago.. No one loved tobacco more than me lol..
-
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
Having a brother who is in recovery from opiates I hear you. Honestly though, I'd argue while opiates (or any addiction) is a much more sad and brutal vice the number one health crisis in this country by a wide margin is obesity and chronic malnutrition. I just saw something recently that of men who died before 55, obesity was a comorbidity in 70% of cases- much higher than alcohol, tobacco, or drug use. While there's obviously a lot of shit that goes into obesity, I'd reckon soda (or sugar drinks) is #1 on the list for most of those people. I can't find that, but this highlights it: https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2025/10/researchers-report-astounding-obesity-surge-in-u-s/
We live in Florida and do the annual passes for Disney with my younger kids. I try to be as kind as possible, but if you ever want a testament to that reality go to the Magic Kingdom on a Saturday. Holy smokes man- the amount of people seemingly 35-40 in scooters or wildly obese is just out of control.
Moral of the story- enjoy life in moderation.
Having a brother who is in recovery from opiates I hear you. Honestly though, I'd argue while opiates (or any addiction) is a much more sad and brutal vice the number one health crisis in this country by a wide margin is obesity and chronic malnutrition. I just saw something recently that of men who died before 55, obesity was a comorbidity in 70% of cases- much higher than alcohol, tobacco, or drug use. While there's obviously a lot of shit that goes into obesity, I'd reckon soda (or sugar drinks) is #1 on the list for most of those people. I can't find that, but this highlights it: https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2025/10/researchers-report-astounding-obesity-surge-in-u-s/
We live in Florida and do the annual passes for Disney with my younger kids. I try to be as kind as possible, but if you ever want a testament to that reality go to the Magic Kingdom on a Saturday. Holy smokes man- the amount of people seemingly 35-40 in scooters or wildly obese is just out of control.
Moral of the story- enjoy life in moderation.
You and I are in complete agreement. I was just being devil's advocate. Far and wide, obesity hurts this country more in overall health and money than any drug.
And should I ever get down on myself for not being in "walk on" shape still, I take a quick visit to Walmart and immediately feel better.
It's enough to drive ya crazy isn't it? I used to be a huge pepsi lover... But since having a stroke back in 03.. Caffeine just nauseates the hell out of me and just intensifies seizures or induces them.. So I quit drinking caffeine products altogether.. So I'll drink decaf coffee instead.. And my drink of choice these days has been Pellegrino water other than occasional beer.. I don't consume much alcohol either.. Time and age has a way of forcing you to make changes.. Hell I quit smoking 8-9 years ago.. No one loved tobacco more than me lol..
Good on you for cutting back/out the caffeine, sugar and alcohol. Especially after a life altering event like a stroke. The smoking thing is a bitch though. Every man has his phase(s) I can't speak for the rest of you guys, but I know I was highly annoyed giving up my skoal citrus pouches at one point.
All in the name of health. The longer we're here, the more chances we get to see if the Brownies can actually win a Superbowl before we die ?
-
And now that you're older they just won't Wink back at you anymore.??
? Before we get to "anymore" - who's "they"?
-
-
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
That's my go to when I get a couple slices of pizza. The low (not zero sugar) poppi's.
Admitted I did get a few sips of cold coke the other day during a work party. My. God. The way it hit the pallet was almost addicting. So you can almost empathize with people that get hooked.
... almost.
It's enough to drive ya crazy isn't it? I used to be a huge pepsi lover... But since having a stroke back in 03.. Caffeine just nauseates the hell out of me and just intensifies seizures or induces them.. So I quit drinking caffeine products altogether.. So I'll drink decaf coffee instead.. And my drink of choice these days has been Pellegrino water other than occasional beer.. I don't consume much alcohol either.. Time and age has a way of forcing you to make changes.. Hell I quit smoking 8-9 years ago.. No one loved tobacco more than me lol..
It's enough to drive ya crazy isn't it? I used to be a huge pepsi lover... But since having a stroke back in 03.. Caffeine just nauseates the hell out of me and just intensifies seizures or induces them.. So I quit drinking caffeine products altogether.. So I'll drink decaf coffee instead.. And my drink of choice these days has been Pellegrino water other than occasional beer.. I don't consume much alcohol either.. Time and age has a way of forcing you to make changes.. Hell I quit smoking 8-9 years ago.. No one loved tobacco more than me lol..
-
If you have to ask that, well, I just can't help you-Dr. Ag
Well played Dr Aggies!
-
That stuff really does ruin lives in so much of the country more than any other singular item.
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
I quit drinking all Soda Pop products except for an occasional Ginger Ale
That's my go to when I get a couple slices of pizza. The low (not zero sugar) poppi's.
Admitted I did get a few sips of cold coke the other day during a work party. My. God. The way it hit the pallet was almost addicting. So you can almost empathize with people that get hooked.
... almost.
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
That's my go to when I get a couple slices of pizza. The low (not zero sugar) poppi's.
Admitted I did get a few sips of cold coke the other day during a work party. My. God. The way it hit the pallet was almost addicting. So you can almost empathize with people that get hooked.
... almost.
Imagine when Coke had coke in it
-
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
That's my go to when I get a couple slices of pizza. The low (not zero sugar) poppi's.
Admitted I did get a few sips of cold coke the other day during a work party. My. God. The way it hit the pallet was almost addicting. So you can almost empathize with people that get hooked.
... almost.
Imagine when Coke had coke in it
-
For a decade, having witnessed first-hand the effects of the opiate-based crisis, I feel like that miiiiiiight just beat out soda, my guy. ?
That's my go to when I get a couple slices of pizza. The low (not zero sugar) poppi's.
Admitted I did get a few sips of cold coke the other day during a work party. My. God. The way it hit the pallet was almost addicting. So you can almost empathize with people that get hooked.
... almost.
Imagine when Coke had coke in it
Imagine when Coke had coke in it
? I NEVER feel sorry for Steelers; but those of us that are old enough to remember/understand this - POOR MEAN JOE GREENE! That guy's heart must have been beating out of his chest when he had to power down about 12 bottles of Coke in order to complete the commercial.
-
So has anyone else heard about the Browns alleged interest in bringing back Bill Belichick as head coach? ?
-
-
“I’m told there’s been recent interest expressed, at the very least, in speaking with Bill Belichick on a exploratory basis from two teams, per league source. My understanding is Belichick has upper-level personnel still fond of him in Atlanta, New York, Cleveland, whilst all struggling teams going through customary evaluations this time of year,” Anderson posted on X.
“I’m told there’s been recent interest expressed, at the very least, in speaking with Bill Belichick on a exploratory basis from two teams, per league source. My understanding is Belichick has upper-level personnel still fond of him in Atlanta, New York, Cleveland, whilst all struggling teams going through customary evaluations this time of year,” Anderson posted on X.
...or like this?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login