Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Bills

The Browns Board
32 11 797 1
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #7

     I'll be there, section 129 Row 8.   Meeting with a couple of my cousins who are in town a couple weeks for the holidays.  Wanted to do breakfast at the Flat Iron, but I see that it doesn't open until 11am now on Sunday?   Its been a long time, not sure when the hell that changed.    If you're going to be downtown, at the Muni, around my section or whatever, feel free to hit me up.  I'd be happy to buy my fellow TBB people a beer.

    Same as last couple games.  Expect BUF to run more IOL lateral displacement like Crunch, Trap, Wham and quick hitters that get James Cook going quickly North-South.   Body shots until you get the rotation with Kamara and Mikey Hall in, then create your explosives in the running game.   

    On 1st down?  PAP and the misdirection screen game.  If Schwartz is going to continue to send pressure on early downs, invite it in then take advantage of it.

    Spread is -10 BUF.  That's a lot of points, but the Bills have the roster to cover down the stretch if they build a lead early.    If you can, shave the .5, as 10 is a backdoor cover.   BUF -9.5

  • @orion said:

    So what else do we want to happen?

    We want the Giants to beat the Vikings.

    The Titans to beat the Chiefs.  

    The Raiders to beat the Texans.

    And, of course, the Broncos over the Jaguars.

    Don't get me started lol ..

    -Denver is #1 seed bound?

    -Pittsburgh/Baltimore still alive?

    -Jax gave us our pick and they're good?

    -more Browns uncertainty?

    Yeah I've become an angry fan. It sucks.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @bob806 said:

    Don't get me started lol ..

    -Denver is #1 seed bound?

    -Pittsburgh/Baltimore still alive?

    -Jax gave us our pick and they're good?

    -more Browns uncertainty?

    Yeah I've become an angry fan. It sucks.

    At ease my friend - I got someone that might be available exclusively for the Cleveland Browns fanbase:

  •  I'll be there, section 129 Row 8.   Meeting with a couple of my cousins who are in town a couple weeks for the holidays.  Wanted to do breakfast at the Flat Iron, but I see that it doesn't open until 11am now on Sunday?   Its been a long time, not sure when the hell that changed.    If you're going to be downtown, at the Muni, around my section or whatever, feel free to hit me up.  I'd be happy to buy my fellow TBB people a beer.

    Same as last couple games.  Expect BUF to run more IOL lateral displacement like Crunch, Trap, Wham and quick hitters that get James Cook going quickly North-South.   Body shots until you get the rotation with Kamara and Mikey Hall in, then create your explosives in the running game.   

    On 1st down?  PAP and the misdirection screen game.  If Schwartz is going to continue to send pressure on early downs, invite it in then take advantage of it.

    Spread is -10 BUF.  That's a lot of points, but the Bills have the roster to cover down the stretch if they build a lead early.    If you can, shave the .5, as 10 is a backdoor cover.   BUF -9.5

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #9

    @tiamat63 said:

     I'll be there, section 129 Row 8.   Meeting with a couple of my cousins who are in town a couple weeks for the holidays.  Wanted to do breakfast at the Flat Iron, but I see that it doesn't open until 11am now on Sunday?   It’s been a long time, not sure when the hell that changed.    If you're going to be downtown, at the Muni, around my section or whatever, feel free to hit me up.  I'd be happy to buy my fellow TBB people a beer.

    Flat Iron is really good, got Shepherds Pie there recently. Highly recommend the Rowley Inn in Tremont for breakfast. Only a few miles from downtown @tiamat63

  •  I'll be there, section 129 Row 8.   Meeting with a couple of my cousins who are in town a couple weeks for the holidays.  Wanted to do breakfast at the Flat Iron, but I see that it doesn't open until 11am now on Sunday?   Its been a long time, not sure when the hell that changed.    If you're going to be downtown, at the Muni, around my section or whatever, feel free to hit me up.  I'd be happy to buy my fellow TBB people a beer.

    Same as last couple games.  Expect BUF to run more IOL lateral displacement like Crunch, Trap, Wham and quick hitters that get James Cook going quickly North-South.   Body shots until you get the rotation with Kamara and Mikey Hall in, then create your explosives in the running game.   

    On 1st down?  PAP and the misdirection screen game.  If Schwartz is going to continue to send pressure on early downs, invite it in then take advantage of it.

    Spread is -10 BUF.  That's a lot of points, but the Bills have the roster to cover down the stretch if they build a lead early.    If you can, shave the .5, as 10 is a backdoor cover.   BUF -9.5

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @tiamat63 said:

     I'll be there, section 129 Row 8.   Meeting with a couple of my cousins who are in town a couple weeks for the holidays.  Wanted to do breakfast at the Flat Iron, but I see that it doesn't open until 11am now on Sunday?   Its been a long time, not sure when the hell that changed.    If you're going to be downtown, at the Muni, around my section or whatever, feel free to hit me up.  I'd be happy to buy my fellow TBB people a beer.

    Same as last couple games.  Expect BUF to run more IOL lateral displacement like Crunch, Trap, Wham and quick hitters that get James Cook going quickly North-South.   Body shots until you get the rotation with Kamara and Mikey Hall in, then create your explosives in the running game.   

    On 1st down?  PAP and the misdirection screen game.  If Schwartz is going to continue to send pressure on early downs, invite it in then take advantage of it.

    Spread is -10 BUF.  That's a lot of points, but the Bills have the roster to cover down the stretch if they build a lead early.    If you can, shave the .5, as 10 is a backdoor cover.   BUF -9.5

    I came across some cheap seats, will be tailgating near Settlers Landing if my friends agree to that.

    As a West sider, I don't venture to the Muni Lot, it takes too long to get home?

  • @tiamat63 said:

     I'll be there, section 129 Row 8.   Meeting with a couple of my cousins who are in town a couple weeks for the holidays.  Wanted to do breakfast at the Flat Iron, but I see that it doesn't open until 11am now on Sunday?   Its been a long time, not sure when the hell that changed.    If you're going to be downtown, at the Muni, around my section or whatever, feel free to hit me up.  I'd be happy to buy my fellow TBB people a beer.

    Same as last couple games.  Expect BUF to run more IOL lateral displacement like Crunch, Trap, Wham and quick hitters that get James Cook going quickly North-South.   Body shots until you get the rotation with Kamara and Mikey Hall in, then create your explosives in the running game.   

    On 1st down?  PAP and the misdirection screen game.  If Schwartz is going to continue to send pressure on early downs, invite it in then take advantage of it.

    Spread is -10 BUF.  That's a lot of points, but the Bills have the roster to cover down the stretch if they build a lead early.    If you can, shave the .5, as 10 is a backdoor cover.   BUF -9.5

    I came across some cheap seats, will be tailgating near Settlers Landing if my friends agree to that.

    As a West sider, I don't venture to the Muni Lot, it takes too long to get home?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @bob806 said:

    As a West sider,

    Are you a Shark or a Jet?  

  • @bob806 said:

    As a West sider,

    Are you a Shark or a Jet?  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @orion said:

    Are you a Shark or a Jet?  

    Weeeeeeeeeeesssssssssst Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide! 

  • @bob806 said:

    As a West sider,

    Are you a Shark or a Jet?  

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @orion said:

    Are you a Shark or a Jet?  

    ?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Interesting - Schlesinger is a star, such a great addition to the defense.

    Imagine if we drafted Caleb Downs....

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/1162791582729351

  • Interesting - Schlesinger is a star, such a great addition to the defense.

    Imagine if we drafted Caleb Downs....

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/1162791582729351

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @calfoxwc said:

    Imagine if we drafted Caleb Downs....

    Can he block for a QB & RB?   Can he catch TD passes?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Imagine if we drafted Caleb Downs....

    Can he block for a QB & RB?   Can he catch TD passes?

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @orion said:

    Can he block for a QB & RB?   Can he catch TD passes?

    lol, he can sack and intercept a qb, and tackle a rb for a loss or no gain.

    There isn't a spectacular OT in the draft I think, so we can get an OT and WR with the next two picks. What order, who knows.

  • @orion said:

    Are you a Shark or a Jet?  

    ?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @bob806 said:

    ?

    Since I bought a Gretsch Jet guitar somewhat recently, I would also be a Jet.

  • @bob806 said:

    ?

    Since I bought a Gretsch Jet guitar somewhat recently, I would also be a Jet.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @orion said:

    Since I bought a Gretsch Jet guitar somewhat recently, I would also be a Jet.

    I rode on a jet to England and back this fall some 18+ hours. Does that qualify for being a Jet???

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    The Bills have to make the Super Bowl this year. No Mahomes, Burrow, and likely Lamar make Josh Allen the best player in the AFC right now and probably all of football.

    With that being said, I somehow see the Browns winning this game and ruining our draft order haha. Way too much Christmas stuff to be worried about catching it live, but will be curious how Sanders shows up. The Bills defense is below average but does have a good secondary.

  • The Bills have to make the Super Bowl this year. No Mahomes, Burrow, and likely Lamar make Josh Allen the best player in the AFC right now and probably all of football.

    With that being said, I somehow see the Browns winning this game and ruining our draft order haha. Way too much Christmas stuff to be worried about catching it live, but will be curious how Sanders shows up. The Bills defense is below average but does have a good secondary.

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by MDDawg
    #20

    @jrb12711 said:

    The Bills have to make the Super Bowl this year. No Mahomes, Burrow, and likely Lamar make Josh Allen the best player in the AFC right now and probably all of football.

    With that being said, I somehow see the Browns winning this game and ruining our draft order haha. Way too much Christmas stuff to be worried about catching it live, but will be curious how Sanders shows up. The Bills defense is below average but does have a good secondary.

    Hmm, are you consuming that stuff recently declared a weapon of mass destruction by the White House? We couldn't even beat the Titans, the worst team in football, last week we looked like a homecoming team to the Chicago Bears. The Bills should be in the SB but football can be strange at times.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    The Bills have to make the Super Bowl this year. No Mahomes, Burrow, and likely Lamar make Josh Allen the best player in the AFC right now and probably all of football.

    With that being said, I somehow see the Browns winning this game and ruining our draft order haha. Way too much Christmas stuff to be worried about catching it live, but will be curious how Sanders shows up. The Bills defense is below average but does have a good secondary.

    Hmm, are you consuming that stuff recently declared a weapon of mass destruction by the White House? We couldn't even beat the Titans, the worst team in football, last week we looked like a homecoming team to the Chicago Bears. The Bills should be in the SB but football can be strange at times.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mddawg said:

    Hmm, are you consuming that stuff recently declared a weapon of mass destruction by the White House? We couldn't even beat the Titans, the worst team in football, last week we looked like a homecoming team to the Chicago Bears. The Bills should be in the SB but football can be strange at times.

    I'm gonna agree with most of what you said here...But the Bills at times have shown themselves to not be mentally tough at crucial times.. I would love for them to prove me wrong... As talented as Allen is... He doesn't come across as a true Alpha to me...

  • @mddawg said:

    Hmm, are you consuming that stuff recently declared a weapon of mass destruction by the White House? We couldn't even beat the Titans, the worst team in football, last week we looked like a homecoming team to the Chicago Bears. The Bills should be in the SB but football can be strange at times.

    I'm gonna agree with most of what you said here...But the Bills at times have shown themselves to not be mentally tough at crucial times.. I would love for them to prove me wrong... As talented as Allen is... He doesn't come across as a true Alpha to me...

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @nickers said:

    I'm gonna agree with most of what you said here...But the Bills at times have shown themselves to not be mentally tough at crucial times.. I would love for them to prove me wrong... As talented as Allen is... He doesn't come across as a true Alpha to me...

    True but the Bills are well coached, they'll rein him in as they know our offense is anemic so need for heroics and focus on running the ball against our (recently turned) terrible run defense. 

  • @mddawg said:

    Hmm, are you consuming that stuff recently declared a weapon of mass destruction by the White House? We couldn't even beat the Titans, the worst team in football, last week we looked like a homecoming team to the Chicago Bears. The Bills should be in the SB but football can be strange at times.

    I'm gonna agree with most of what you said here...But the Bills at times have shown themselves to not be mentally tough at crucial times.. I would love for them to prove me wrong... As talented as Allen is... He doesn't come across as a true Alpha to me...

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @nickers said:

    I'm gonna agree with most of what you said here...But the Bills at times have shown themselves to not be mentally tough at crucial times.. I would love for them to prove me wrong... As talented as Allen is... He doesn't come across as a true Alpha to me...

    If anything, the Bills are trying to cut down his frequency of running the ball.  Their cause for concern when he's got a full head of steam that he'll dip a shoulder into a tackler and injured one of his shoulders (a la Baker Mayfield tackling the guy who intercepted him).  Larry Csonka didn't have to throw passes; but Allen does.  Tell you what though, he's deceptively fast with those long strides and he's not skinny like Mendoza.  He's a very tough QB that's fun to watch; especially if you have him on your fantasy football team.  Every time I've had him I made the playoffs.  The Bills have made bigger efforts to get James Cook more of a workload and it's a way to prevent Josh excessive wear and tear if he's running too much. They're also trying to get Allen to run out of bounds or slide more frequently than never. Cook is having a great year because of it to the extent he's no longer referred to as Dalvin Cook's little brother. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #24

    image.png.d704f52a2e541362b473e8acfa9ba99f.png

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #25

    image.png.522d1f07964541a15b796157c8a7d0b1.png

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #26

    So Conklin has missed the last 2 or 3 games with a concussion.  And now going to miss the final 3 games on IR.  That's a pretty bad concussion.  I'd be curious to know what the organization thinks of his future with us.  We have massive needs for OL.