Skip to content

Kansas City, Kansas Chiefs

The Browns Board
11 5 169
  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The Chiefs are moving to Wyandotte County, Kansas.

    I don't have a horse in the race and it's merely semantics, and dollars, way more dollars than semantics. 

    I'm surprised they're leaving Arrowhead. 

  • A AP1

    The Chiefs are moving to Wyandotte County, Kansas.

    I don't have a horse in the race and it's merely semantics, and dollars, way more dollars than semantics. 

    I'm surprised they're leaving Arrowhead. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @ap1 said:

    The Chiefs are moving to Wyandotte County, Kansas.

    I don't have a horse in the race and it's merely semantics, and dollars, way more dollars than semantics. 

    I'm surprised they're leaving Arrowhead. 

    All these owners want their own "ballpark villages".

    I argued long and hard with hoorta over this, and he was right and I was wrong. I figured most teams would still want to stay in downtowns (including the Browns) but once again a team is moving somewhere where they can build a whole complex around the stadium. (Not that Arrowhead was in downtown KC though)

    I thought the Royals were leaving too, except they were going to downtown KC. Haven't heard anything about that in a minute though. 

  • @ap1 said:

    The Chiefs are moving to Wyandotte County, Kansas.

    I don't have a horse in the race and it's merely semantics, and dollars, way more dollars than semantics. 

    I'm surprised they're leaving Arrowhead. 

    All these owners want their own "ballpark villages".

    I argued long and hard with hoorta over this, and he was right and I was wrong. I figured most teams would still want to stay in downtowns (including the Browns) but once again a team is moving somewhere where they can build a whole complex around the stadium. (Not that Arrowhead was in downtown KC though)

    I thought the Royals were leaving too, except they were going to downtown KC. Haven't heard anything about that in a minute though. 

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @dutch-oven said:

    All these owners want their own "ballpark villages".

    I argued long and hard with hoorta over this, and he was right and I was wrong. I figured most teams would still want to stay in downtowns (including the Browns) but once again a team is moving somewhere where they can build a whole complex around the stadium. (Not that Arrowhead was in downtown KC though)

    I thought the Royals were leaving too, except they were going to downtown KC. Haven't heard anything about that in a minute though. 

    Domes and Ballpark Village/Team HQs are going to be the future. 

    Mixed Use Development - Restaurants and Retail on the Ground Floor; Offices and Residential and Hotel Space Above

    Making Money 365 Days a Year and if enough climate controlled areas exist, the owners will up their odds of landing a Super Bowl.

  • A AP1

    @dutch-oven said:

    All these owners want their own "ballpark villages".

    I argued long and hard with hoorta over this, and he was right and I was wrong. I figured most teams would still want to stay in downtowns (including the Browns) but once again a team is moving somewhere where they can build a whole complex around the stadium. (Not that Arrowhead was in downtown KC though)

    I thought the Royals were leaving too, except they were going to downtown KC. Haven't heard anything about that in a minute though. 

    Domes and Ballpark Village/Team HQs are going to be the future. 

    Mixed Use Development - Restaurants and Retail on the Ground Floor; Offices and Residential and Hotel Space Above

    Making Money 365 Days a Year and if enough climate controlled areas exist, the owners will up their odds of landing a Super Bowl.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @ap1 said:

    Domes and Ballpark Village/Team HQs are going to be the future. 

    Mixed Use Development - Restaurants and Retail on the Ground Floor; Offices and Residential and Hotel Space Above

    Making Money 365 Days a Year and if enough climate controlled areas exist, the owners will up their odds of landing a Super Bowl.

    Much better than sitting and watching, or playing, in the rain, snow, extreme temperatures etc.  

  • @ap1 said:

    Domes and Ballpark Village/Team HQs are going to be the future. 

    Mixed Use Development - Restaurants and Retail on the Ground Floor; Offices and Residential and Hotel Space Above

    Making Money 365 Days a Year and if enough climate controlled areas exist, the owners will up their odds of landing a Super Bowl.

    Much better than sitting and watching, or playing, in the rain, snow, extreme temperatures etc.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @orion said:

    Much better than sitting and watching, or playing, in the rain, snow, extreme temperatures etc.  

    Especially with a 18 game schedule coming, which means regular season games well into January. 

  • @ap1 said:

    Domes and Ballpark Village/Team HQs are going to be the future. 

    Mixed Use Development - Restaurants and Retail on the Ground Floor; Offices and Residential and Hotel Space Above

    Making Money 365 Days a Year and if enough climate controlled areas exist, the owners will up their odds of landing a Super Bowl.

    Much better than sitting and watching, or playing, in the rain, snow, extreme temperatures etc.  

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @orion said:

    Much better than sitting and watching, or playing, in the rain, snow, extreme temperatures etc.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Especially with a 18 game schedule coming, which means regular season games well into January. 

    Whether we like one, both or neither of these options, I capitulate.

    NFL Football will shift to an indoor game and we will have an 18 game regular season.

  • A AP1

    @orion said:

    Much better than sitting and watching, or playing, in the rain, snow, extreme temperatures etc.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Especially with a 18 game schedule coming, which means regular season games well into January. 

    Whether we like one, both or neither of these options, I capitulate.

    NFL Football will shift to an indoor game and we will have an 18 game regular season.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
    #7

    @ap1 said:

    Whether we like one, both or neither of these options, I capitulate.

    NFL Football will shift to an indoor game and we will have an 18 game regular season.

    Probably.

    I've been to Browns road dome  games in Indianapolis, Arizona, Houston, St. Louis, & Dallas. It's just not the same, I don't care for it. 

    A cold rainy & windy day is about the only weather that's ever bothered me at Browns games, like 1974 vs San Fran lol 

  • @orion said:

    Much better than sitting and watching, or playing, in the rain, snow, extreme temperatures etc.  

    Especially with a 18 game schedule coming, which means regular season games well into January. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dutch-oven said:

    Especially with a 18 game schedule coming, which means regular season games well into January. 

    And the scheduling demons just love to schedule cold weather cities with night games late in the year.

    As you noted, the owners want their own village.  That way they can control where the people go before & after the game.  Try and keep them at shops & restaurants that rent space from the owner.  When you walk out of the game in the city, you're no longer any use to the team owner.  And if you've got a dome, people are more apt to come into the area since they won't get rained on all day.  And of course, you can hold other events, get a super bowl, and stuff.  It's the way to go.  

  • @ap1 said:

    Whether we like one, both or neither of these options, I capitulate.

    NFL Football will shift to an indoor game and we will have an 18 game regular season.

    Probably.

    I've been to Browns road dome  games in Indianapolis, Arizona, Houston, St. Louis, & Dallas. It's just not the same, I don't care for it. 

    A cold rainy & windy day is about the only weather that's ever bothered me at Browns games, like 1974 vs San Fran lol 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #9

    @bob806 said:

    Probably.

    I've been to Browns road dome  games in Indianapolis, Arizona, Houston, St. Louis, & Dallas. It's just not the same, I don't care for it. 

    A cold rainy & windy day is about the only weather that's ever bothered me at Browns games, like 1974 vs San Fran lol 

    Oh man, you were at that Browns vs 49ers game? I've seen highlights from it, it looked like fun! ?

  • @bob806 said:

    Probably.

    I've been to Browns road dome  games in Indianapolis, Arizona, Houston, St. Louis, & Dallas. It's just not the same, I don't care for it. 

    A cold rainy & windy day is about the only weather that's ever bothered me at Browns games, like 1974 vs San Fran lol 

    Oh man, you were at that Browns vs 49ers game? I've seen highlights from it, it looked like fun! ?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh man, you were at that Browns vs 49ers game? I've seen highlights from it, it looked like fun! ?

    Yeah, I was 11 & froze my dupa off. 

    The only other one is compare it to was the Chargers game during Hurricane Sandy, maybe 2012? 

    Browns won both....7-0 vs SF, 7-6 vs SD. That warmed the cockles lol.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I watched the 49’ers beat the snot out of the Browns in 1984.

    It was a clinic that Joe Montana put on in front of the Browns faithful, and I left at halftime.

    Final score, niners 41 & Browns 7