Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. O.k. what if?......

O.k. what if?......

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
17 Posts 14 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 676 Posts
    • 249 Reputation
    lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
    #1

    What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky? I was hoping that Quinn would get a better chance to lead the offense, but maybe this is the right move. Then again...what if DA throws 3 or 4 picks, and we lose big....again? Is Quinn back in for the next game?

    J T L C 4 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Sez.EJ S
      • 859 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by Sez.EJ
      #2

      I'll tell you after we win the next 4 or 5 straight..before I even touch this one.. Let's just say ...I'm just a tad bit skeptical of those potenital results. peace.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • lodiloboL lodilobo

        What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky? I was hoping that Quinn would get a better chance to lead the offense, but maybe this is the right move. Then again...what if DA throws 3 or 4 picks, and we lose big....again? Is Quinn back in for the next game?

        JC J
        • 257 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        J JC wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @lodilobo said:

        What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins?

        I would say that everyone should be on the lookout for the monkeys that have flown out of my ass.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
          #4

          WAS Quinn given a fair chance?

          Personally, I wonder whether or not Quinn & Anderson were running the same offense. I would hate to think that Quinn's failure may have been orchestrated to justify (to the fans) playing & starting Anderson, but I DO wonder. I just think it happened awfully quickly & there are too many strange things that went on...

          1) The excessive time it took to decide on a starter. Keep in mind Quinn was the fan favorite.

          2) Quinn all of a sudden throwing ALL short passes....not a prior pattern of his at all.

          3) Same game, Anderson throws downfield. If they had the same play calling, which guy ignored the Coach?

          3) With a new Offensive Coordinator, it's not like anyone knows what type offense he prefers.

          I supported Mangini until he cut Bartel, who clearly outperformed Mangini's boy Ratliff. That & the ridiculous "fine" started me looking closer at his behaviors & I don't like some things I see.

          IN DORSEY I TRUST
          . lodiloboL daydawg19D 3 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 6k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Lets get one win before we start talking about 4 or 5 wins in a row. But just to play along...should it happen, all the QB controversy and talk will be over and it will be like early 2007 in here with everyone on the DA bandwagon.

            lodiloboL 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

              WAS Quinn given a fair chance?

              Personally, I wonder whether or not Quinn & Anderson were running the same offense. I would hate to think that Quinn's failure may have been orchestrated to justify (to the fans) playing & starting Anderson, but I DO wonder. I just think it happened awfully quickly & there are too many strange things that went on...

              1) The excessive time it took to decide on a starter. Keep in mind Quinn was the fan favorite.

              2) Quinn all of a sudden throwing ALL short passes....not a prior pattern of his at all.

              3) Same game, Anderson throws downfield. If they had the same play calling, which guy ignored the Coach?

              3) With a new Offensive Coordinator, it's not like anyone knows what type offense he prefers.

              I supported Mangini until he cut Bartel, who clearly outperformed Mangini's boy Ratliff. That & the ridiculous "fine" started me looking closer at his behaviors & I don't like some things I see.

              .mz .
              • 120 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              . .mz wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @canton-mike said:

              WAS Quinn given a fair chance?

              Yes or no, it doesn't matter anymore. Does it?

              hammertimeH 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Mark OM Mark O

                Lets get one win before we start talking about 4 or 5 wins in a row. But just to play along...should it happen, all the QB controversy and talk will be over and it will be like early 2007 in here with everyone on the DA bandwagon.

                lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 676 Posts
                • 249 Reputation
                lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @mark-o said:

                Lets get one win before we start talking about 4 or 5 wins in a row. But just to play along...should it happen, all the QB controversy and talk will be over and it will be like early 2007 in here with everyone on the DA bandwagon.

                That's the answer I was looking for. It would be the same that occurred in 2007. I was just trying to get an idea of what percentage of fans have now turned on Mangini to the point of no return.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

                  WAS Quinn given a fair chance?

                  Personally, I wonder whether or not Quinn & Anderson were running the same offense. I would hate to think that Quinn's failure may have been orchestrated to justify (to the fans) playing & starting Anderson, but I DO wonder. I just think it happened awfully quickly & there are too many strange things that went on...

                  1) The excessive time it took to decide on a starter. Keep in mind Quinn was the fan favorite.

                  2) Quinn all of a sudden throwing ALL short passes....not a prior pattern of his at all.

                  3) Same game, Anderson throws downfield. If they had the same play calling, which guy ignored the Coach?

                  3) With a new Offensive Coordinator, it's not like anyone knows what type offense he prefers.

                  I supported Mangini until he cut Bartel, who clearly outperformed Mangini's boy Ratliff. That & the ridiculous "fine" started me looking closer at his behaviors & I don't like some things I see.

                  lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 676 Posts
                  • 249 Reputation
                  lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @canton-mike said:

                  WAS Quinn given a fair chance?

                  Personally, I wonder whether or not Quinn & Anderson were running the same offense. I would hate to think that Quinn's failure may have been orchestrated to justify (to the fans) playing & starting Anderson, but I DO wonder. I just think it happened awfully quickly & there are too many strange things that went on...

                  1) The excessive time it took to decide on a starter. Keep in mind Quinn was the fan favorite.

                  2) Quinn all of a sudden throwing ALL short passes....not a prior pattern of his at all.

                  3) Same game, Anderson throws downfield. If they had the same play calling, which guy ignored the Coach?

                  3) With a new Offensive Coordinator, it's not like anyone knows what type offense he prefers.

                  I supported Mangini until he cut Bartel, who clearly outperformed Mangini's boy Ratliff. That & the ridiculous "fine" started me looking closer at his behaviors & I don't like some things I see.

                  That's kind of the point.....Mangini has been so inconsistent in following some sort of plan....you have to wonder if this was part of his plan. It looked like 2 different offensive game plans to me, but would he really have the balls to set up Quinn to fail? I mean....what about the other players on the team? Wouldn't they see what was going on and get pissed off? Alot of this crap wreaks of Belichik....which I guess is not surprising. It will be interesting to see either way....if DA really blows this Sunday.....will Quinn come in to "give the offense a spark"?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • pl4tinum P
                    • 504 Posts
                    • 1 Reputation
                    P pl4tinum wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Mike & Mike have talked about Mangini 3 mornings in a row now, and everyone is coming out of the woodwork to tear him a new one. Something just isn't right. I almost believe your theory about the plays suddenly changing for DA.

                    2009-10 Browns Prediction: 8-8
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • lodiloboL lodilobo

                      What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky? I was hoping that Quinn would get a better chance to lead the offense, but maybe this is the right move. Then again...what if DA throws 3 or 4 picks, and we lose big....again? Is Quinn back in for the next game?

                      Tobalaz T
                      • 543 Posts
                      • 4 Reputation
                      T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @lodilobo said:

                      What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky? I was hoping that Quinn would get a better chance to lead the offense, but maybe this is the right move. Then again...what if DA throws 3 or 4 picks, and we lose big....again? Is Quinn back in for the next game?

                      I think I've got a better chance to hit the lotto 3 straight weeks than that happening.

                      3 seasons until our new head coach, let's hope they get it right this time.
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • lodiloboL lodilobo

                        What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky? I was hoping that Quinn would get a better chance to lead the offense, but maybe this is the right move. Then again...what if DA throws 3 or 4 picks, and we lose big....again? Is Quinn back in for the next game?

                        lemosley01 L
                        • 689 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @lodilobo said:

                        What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky? I was hoping that Quinn would get a better chance to lead the offense, but maybe this is the right move. Then again...what if DA throws 3 or 4 picks, and we lose big....again? Is Quinn back in for the next game?

                        Right. Care place a wager on the team winning 4 or 5 straight?

                        If DA stinks, Quinn will not be put in; he is third on the depth chart now, I'm almost sure of it. We'll see Ratliff next, and he WILL get the full season, barring injury.

                        I think Quinn is out of here in a couple of weeks.

                        Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • DawgTracker D
                          • 774 Posts
                          • 1 Reputation
                          D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Quinn cannot make the same throws that DA can make, he does not have the arm to zip a spiral through good coverage. I think Mangini said something about giving each QB plays that they were most comfortable with. I don't think Mangini would do all of this to appease everyone or to set Quinn up for failure. A coach is paid to win and any controvery like this doesn't help a coach. I do believe that Quinn had the better numbers in preseason. DA had one or two times when he looked very good in preseason.

                          It could benefit Quinn to sit out a couple of games and watch, who knows.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Masters ?
                            • Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @inspecta said:

                            I'm starting to agree with those that said Mangini knew he had no choice but to play Quinn but then purposely sabotaged his play (Don't go deep Brady, keep it short) so he could insert DA back into the lineup with out much fan backlash.

                            Let's be honest here. If there was even a shred of truth to this, we'd be starting to hear about it. Because there is no way Quinn's agent Tom Condon wouldn't be leaking that info in order to help get his client the hell out of dodge.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • lodiloboL lodilobo

                              What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky? I was hoping that Quinn would get a better chance to lead the offense, but maybe this is the right move. Then again...what if DA throws 3 or 4 picks, and we lose big....again? Is Quinn back in for the next game?

                              Chicopee John C
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 104 Reputation
                              C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @lodilobo said:

                              What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky?

                              Truth be told, who cares?????

                              "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • . .mz

                                @canton-mike said:

                                WAS Quinn given a fair chance?

                                Yes or no, it doesn't matter anymore. Does it?

                                hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 2k Reputation
                                hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @.mz said:

                                Yes or no, it doesn't matter anymore. Does it?

                                Could this be the purging of the QB issue in C-town?

                                I hope so, seeing our mismanagement of ALL the qbs on our roster leads me to beleive that after this year the debate goes away. Finish the job of clearing out 2008's losers, get what ever we can for everyone but a few.

                                This still doesn't stink as bad as when Trent Dildofer was our only hope.

                                guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • L lemosley01

                                  @lodilobo said:

                                  What if DA leads the team to a win on Sunday, then we go on a streak of 4 or 5 straight wins? Usually, a change like this can spark the whole team to play at a higher level. But then, is Mangini a genius or just stupid and lucky? I was hoping that Quinn would get a better chance to lead the offense, but maybe this is the right move. Then again...what if DA throws 3 or 4 picks, and we lose big....again? Is Quinn back in for the next game?

                                  Right. Care place a wager on the team winning 4 or 5 straight?

                                  If DA stinks, Quinn will not be put in; he is third on the depth chart now, I'm almost sure of it. We'll see Ratliff next, and he WILL get the full season, barring injury.

                                  I think Quinn is out of here in a couple of weeks.

                                  Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @lemosley01 said:

                                  Right. Care place a wager on the team winning 4 or 5 straight?

                                  If DA stinks, Quinn will not be put in; he is third on the depth chart now, I'm almost sure of it. We'll see Ratliff next, and he WILL get the full season, barring injury.

                                  I think Quinn is out of here in a couple of weeks.

                                  I agree...no matter what, Quinn will not start in Cleveland again under Mangini.

                                  COULD Ratliff be the "long term" plan?....If so, we're in deep doo-doo! He really stunk it up when I saw him play. In addition, Robiskie, a SECOND round pick, is INACTIVE because he needs to play special teams?...Are we THAT deep at wide receiver that we can let a 2nd round pick ROT? I'm sorry, but Mangini is really starting to tick me off.....And I SUPPORTED the guy! I'm no NFL Coach, but I WAS always lauded for motivating my employees in positive ways. I'm just not seeing how anything positive can come from the his handling of Quinn & Robiskie...& that's probably just the tip of the iceberg.

                                  Mike

                                  IN DORSEY I TRUST
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

                                    WAS Quinn given a fair chance?

                                    Personally, I wonder whether or not Quinn & Anderson were running the same offense. I would hate to think that Quinn's failure may have been orchestrated to justify (to the fans) playing & starting Anderson, but I DO wonder. I just think it happened awfully quickly & there are too many strange things that went on...

                                    1) The excessive time it took to decide on a starter. Keep in mind Quinn was the fan favorite.

                                    2) Quinn all of a sudden throwing ALL short passes....not a prior pattern of his at all.

                                    3) Same game, Anderson throws downfield. If they had the same play calling, which guy ignored the Coach?

                                    3) With a new Offensive Coordinator, it's not like anyone knows what type offense he prefers.

                                    I supported Mangini until he cut Bartel, who clearly outperformed Mangini's boy Ratliff. That & the ridiculous "fine" started me looking closer at his behaviors & I don't like some things I see.

                                    daydawg19 daydawg19D
                                    • 230 Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    daydawg19D daydawg19 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @canton-mike said:

                                    WAS Quinn given a fair chance?

                                    Personally, I wonder whether or not Quinn & Anderson were running the same offense. I would hate to think that Quinn's failure may have been orchestrated to justify (to the fans) playing & starting Anderson, but I DO wonder. I just think it happened awfully quickly & there are too many strange things that went on...

                                    1) The excessive time it took to decide on a starter. Keep in mind Quinn was the fan favorite.

                                    2) Quinn all of a sudden throwing ALL short passes....not a prior pattern of his at all.

                                    3) Same game, Anderson throws downfield. If they had the same play calling, which guy ignored the Coach?

                                    3) With a new Offensive Coordinator, it's not like anyone knows what type offense he prefers.

                                    I supported Mangini until he cut Bartel, who clearly outperformed Mangini's boy Ratliff. That & the ridiculous "fine" started me looking closer at his behaviors & I don't like some things I see.

                                    I totally agree with you Mike. 😉

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    Theme
                                    • System
                                    • Light
                                    • Dark
                                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Forums
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Users
                                    • Donate