Christmas Day Football - STREAMED
-
I didn't know there are, at the time of this posting, were, games today.
Netflix is handling the first two games. Who is the broadcast team? Anyone watch? How was the broadcast?
Prime has the third game - Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit. Prime Broadcasts are fine. Michaels is the greatest of all time, in my opinion, but is past his peak and I prefer Herbstreit's analysis to college games than his NFL analysis.
Just my $.05.
-
I didn't know there are, at the time of this posting, were, games today.
Netflix is handling the first two games. Who is the broadcast team? Anyone watch? How was the broadcast?
Prime has the third game - Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit. Prime Broadcasts are fine. Michaels is the greatest of all time, in my opinion, but is past his peak and I prefer Herbstreit's analysis to college games than his NFL analysis.
Just my $.05.
I didn't know there are, at the time of this posting, were, games today.
Netflix is handling the first two games. Who is the broadcast team? Anyone watch? How was the broadcast?
Prime has the third game - Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit. Prime Broadcasts are fine. Michaels is the greatest of all time, in my opinion, but is past his peak and I prefer Herbstreit's analysis to college games than his NFL analysis.
Just my $.05.
its a HUMBUG , I knew there were games on but could not find them at first SMH @ you NFL and netflix, HUMBUG i say
-
I didn't know there are, at the time of this posting, were, games today.
Netflix is handling the first two games. Who is the broadcast team? Anyone watch? How was the broadcast?
Prime has the third game - Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit. Prime Broadcasts are fine. Michaels is the greatest of all time, in my opinion, but is past his peak and I prefer Herbstreit's analysis to college games than his NFL analysis.
Just my $.05.
Prime has the third game - Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit. Prime Broadcasts are fine. Michaels is the greatest of all time, in my opinion, but is past his peak and I prefer Herbstreit's analysis to college games than his NFL analysis.
Just my $.05.
Yeah Kirk is out of his element with NFL games for sure.
This NFL streaming stuff is out of hand, but here to stay I bet. It's getting pricey to be a fan.
-
Prime has the third game - Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit. Prime Broadcasts are fine. Michaels is the greatest of all time, in my opinion, but is past his peak and I prefer Herbstreit's analysis to college games than his NFL analysis.
Just my $.05.
Yeah Kirk is out of his element with NFL games for sure.
This NFL streaming stuff is out of hand, but here to stay I bet. It's getting pricey to be a fan.
This NFL streaming stuff is out of hand, but here to stay I bet. It's getting pricey to be a fan.
As long as they can squeeze a dollar out of it, they will.
Netflix streams games on Xmas since last year, don't know how long the contract is for. The Lions-Vikings game was decent with an unexpected upset.
If not Netflix then something else.
40 years ago, Thursday Night Football started on TNT and ESPN started Sunday Night Football when cable was premium. The College Conference Networks were all started as a la carte cable options.
When the CFB Playoff started, it was strictly on cable.
What's my point? Much like Bob pointed out, there is a slow shift towards pay per view. The regular cable dollars aren't enough.
As I stated in another thread, the NFL has reached it's zenith in the United States, but they’re going to hammer these international markets hard because they know the fanbase will gladly pay per view.
-
This NFL streaming stuff is out of hand, but here to stay I bet. It's getting pricey to be a fan.
As long as they can squeeze a dollar out of it, they will.
Netflix streams games on Xmas since last year, don't know how long the contract is for. The Lions-Vikings game was decent with an unexpected upset.
If not Netflix then something else.
40 years ago, Thursday Night Football started on TNT and ESPN started Sunday Night Football when cable was premium. The College Conference Networks were all started as a la carte cable options.
When the CFB Playoff started, it was strictly on cable.
What's my point? Much like Bob pointed out, there is a slow shift towards pay per view. The regular cable dollars aren't enough.
As I stated in another thread, the NFL has reached it's zenith in the United States, but they’re going to hammer these international markets hard because they know the fanbase will gladly pay per view.
As long as they can squeeze a dollar out of it, they will.
If not Netflix then something else.
40 years ago, Thursday Night Football started on TNT and ESPN started Sunday Night Football when cable was premium. The College Conference Networks were all started as a la carte cable options.
When the CFB Playoff started, it was strictly on cable.
What's my point? Much like Bob pointed out, there is a slow shift towards pay per view. The regular cable dollars aren't enough.
As I stated in another thread, the NFL has reached it's zenith in the United States, but they’re going to hammer these international markets hard because they know the fanbase will gladly pay per view.
Thursday night Football was started by the NFL network about 20 yrs ago, was never on TNT. They then sold the rights to Amazon Prime Video a few years ago.
-
As long as they can squeeze a dollar out of it, they will.
If not Netflix then something else.
40 years ago, Thursday Night Football started on TNT and ESPN started Sunday Night Football when cable was premium. The College Conference Networks were all started as a la carte cable options.
When the CFB Playoff started, it was strictly on cable.
What's my point? Much like Bob pointed out, there is a slow shift towards pay per view. The regular cable dollars aren't enough.
As I stated in another thread, the NFL has reached it's zenith in the United States, but they’re going to hammer these international markets hard because they know the fanbase will gladly pay per view.
Thursday night Football was started by the NFL network about 20 yrs ago, was never on TNT. They then sold the rights to Amazon Prime Video a few years ago.
Thursday night Football was started by the NFL network about 20 yrs ago, was never on TNT. They then sold the rights to Amazon Prime Video a few years ago.
A little bit of research showed TNT aired Thursday night games, it may not have been as often as I thought I remembered but it happened.
Who broadcast the games was less relevant than the fact the games were broadcast. For the purpose of this thread, NFL games are slowly being moved to pay-per-view. There is a game on Peacock Saturday night, I had no idea.
Europe and the Americas are the boring housewife that gives it up once a month and then on anniversary night.
How bad is the NFL trying to break into China?
How bad do they want to crack into the cricket markets of South Asian Countries?
How long before, the Saudis are offering $1B for a couple of regular season games? Or the Emiratis for that matter?
I don't have answers to those questions, but I have guesses. Chinese population centers are ten times what we have here. Cricket stadiums are twice the size of NFL stadiums. The Saudis are getting UFC and WWE(F).
-
-
-
-
Or just refuse to watch games I don't already can get with my current Direct TV Sports package. I don't pay for 3 of those 7. Fuck them. It already costs too much for what I have. When you add in internet and phones. I still can't get my wife to drop our old home phone. She refuses to change with the times for $25 less a month. Oh well, happy wife, happy life.
-
Thanks! I didn't know whether laugh or swear in a brand new language. Sad. The rich get richer and nobody with the power to help the rest of us is willing to lift a finger. Roger Goodell is the biggest phoney pretend he cares about the health and safety of players and yet their inexplicably playing on Mondays, Wednesdays (if it's a Holiday or Xmas Eve), Thursdays, Fridays (if it's a holiday), Saturdays & Sundays aside from now making these guys play 17 games. Look how many QBs are either injured, playing with injuries, concussed/post concussed.
A lot of people aren't aware of what percent of the revenue the owners get from TV Monopoly. It was 95% which exceeds home attendance by a ton. It's a shared revenue so owners of the Jets, Browns and Raiders don't have to step up their game to get their equal shares of the profit now coming in from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean and in countries near the one in South America the US is bombing boats at. Amigos, PLEASE stop waterskiing or fishing - Roger Goodell wants you healthy & safe so you can contribute to the TV Monopoly he has going.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login